Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I didn't realize the Village People were still together and touring
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A bunch of homos are going to flashmob his store.

No, not the black people version of flash mob. The kind where they do gay dances.

He's gonna have a bunch of homos dancing around in tool belts and hard hats.

I didn't realize the Village People were still together and touring

They're playing our State Fair in August.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 4:59:02 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I am not saying that. I am saying I am for anti-discrimination laws. If everyone was cool with one another, we wouldn't need them.

I think it is bullshit some people are trying to paint segregation as some evil scheme of the government. It was the status quo for a long time unofficially. Laws were  passed to keep it that way.

View Quote

But the laws represented a majority, not the entirety. If freedom had been allowed to reign, as culture shifted (and it was beginning to long before the Civil Rights Act), the market might have been allowed to work, at least in part. As it was, the market was choked by bigotry, which is different than an individual business owner saying "No blacks" or "No gays". For a truly free market, that kind of choice immediately begs another to come in and display tolerance and an open door for everyone. Freedom, and a nice smile, usually win given enough time.

The status quo is a powerful force, but it's not unshakeable. And, all it takes are some brave and honest people to show there's a better way. I can recount so many instances of that throughout our nation's history that came from a person acting, not a government dictating.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 5:16:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
finally somebody gets it

"Ya see my sign, Bill? That'll show em!"

"Yup. But what homo you trying to keep out? There's that fat kid down the street that acts kinda funny,but...."

"hmmm..Yer probably right..But I gotta make a stand somehow!"

"Here. Let's rewrite that sign to something generally rebellious"

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Grainger County, huh?  I know lots of great people there.  I also know many closed-minded folks.

I'm about 99% sure this is in reaction to the government forcing a person to do something and, like the gay agenda, has little to do with gays.
finally somebody gets it

"Ya see my sign, Bill? That'll show em!"

"Yup. But what homo you trying to keep out? There's that fat kid down the street that acts kinda funny,but...."

"hmmm..Yer probably right..But I gotta make a stand somehow!"

"Here. Let's rewrite that sign to something generally rebellious"

There are a few legitimate gays in Grainger County, too.  Some are just acting the part for attention, usually the young "confused" ones.  (Think that movie about being in the "friend zone")
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 5:17:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Home Depot and Lowe's are screwed.  They can't match that!
View Quote

Put a confederate flag in the window and he will put them out of business.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 5:21:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

What in the blue fuck are you talking about?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Eh, think he's stupid to turn down business, but I think it should be his right to do so.

I agree, unfortunately I don't think this will end well for him.

It won't end well for the country during the next campaign season. All the people that think or hope that there is a backlash and a swelling of opposition are going to find out that all the blowhards yapping on the media right now are basically proving what the media has said about the republicans all along.

That's all that will be remembered. Unless the economy totally falls apart by then but the republicans will be blamed for that, after all, they have the majority. Of course they've green stamped obamas policies so I guess the blame will pretty much be justified.

But go ahead. Enjoy your moment.

Was I not clear?

Everyone seems to be jumping on the "his business his rules " bandwagon. Cheering when someone posts a sign like this, or clapping at the notion of a parking lot full of confederate flags.

And that's all well and good, if in fact that's what people were reacting to, simple freedom of speech.

But there are a lot of people that are doing these things for other reasons than free speech.  They are playing out the stereotype that things like the Confederate flag, refusing to do business with gays, basically being what the media wants republicans to be.

This might be a lot of fun right now but I guarantee you this is going to come back during the next campaign.

Is the fuck blue enough for you now? Or do I need to do an MS paint.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 5:21:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
First rule of business is never chase away money.
View Quote

This. I have been trying to come up with a way to make money of the wave of gayness sweeping the nation. And everyone knows gays are all rich.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 5:25:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

But the laws represented a majority, not the entirety. If freedom had been allowed to reign, as culture shifted (and it was beginning to long before the Civil Rights Act), the market might have been allowed to work, at least in part. As it was, the market was choked by bigotry, which is different than an individual business owner saying "No blacks" or "No gays". For a truly free market, that kind of choice immediately begs another to come in and display tolerance and an open door for everyone. Freedom, and a nice smile, usually win given enough time.

The status quo is a powerful force, but it's not unshakeable. And, all it takes are some brave and honest people to show there's a better way. I can recount so many instances of that throughout our nation's history that came from a person acting, not a government dictating.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am not saying that. I am saying I am for anti-discrimination laws. If everyone was cool with one another, we wouldn't need them.

I think it is bullshit some people are trying to paint segregation as some evil scheme of the government. It was the status quo for a long time unofficially. Laws were  passed to keep it that way.

I am not sure on the point you are trying to make. Segregation laws were bad for multiple reasons. Certainly if there were no segregation laws, some establishments may have been open to being more inclusive. Many though would continue to segregate, probably to this day if allowed.

I see segregation laws as taking away rights and privileges, where as anti-discrimination law adds rights and privileges. Two different types of laws. I know some people see it as taking away the rights of the business owner. But if you look at it from the flip side, it is giving rights to the millions of customers.

I agree the free market in general works, but it also can't run with no rules or laws what-so-ever.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 5:28:06 PM EDT
[#8]

Fuck that redneck peckerwood hillbilly jerkoff. And he's already changed the sign

from

to

Getting sick of people hiding behind religion to give themselves a reason to worry about what other people do, that has no effect on them whatsoever.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 5:33:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Note that nowhere on the sign does it say "gays" or "homosexuals". Not eve a "rug muncher" or a "butt pirate".
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 5:34:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Was I not clear?

Everyone seems to be jumping on the "his business his rules " bandwagon. Cheering when someone posts a sign like this, or clapping at the notion of a parking lot full of confederate flags.

And that's all well and good, if in fact that's what people were reacting to, simple freedom of speech.

But there are a lot of people that are doing these things for other reasons than free speech.  They are playing out the stereotype that things like the Confederate flag, refusing to do business with gays, basically being what the media wants republicans to be.

This might be a lot of fun right now but I guarantee you this is going to come back during the next campaign.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Eh, think he's stupid to turn down business, but I think it should be his right to do so.

I agree, unfortunately I don't think this will end well for him.

It won't end well for the country during the next campaign season. All the people that think or hope that there is a backlash and a swelling of opposition are going to find out that all the blowhards yapping on the media right now are basically proving what the media has said about the republicans all along.

That's all that will be remembered. Unless the economy totally falls apart by then but the republicans will be blamed for that, after all, they have the majority. Of course they've green stamped obamas policies so I guess the blame will pretty much be justified.

But go ahead. Enjoy your moment.

Was I not clear?

Not really, no. Your  comment calling it my moment is laughable at best. If he doesn't want you in there, he sure the fuck doesn't want me in there.

I'm not jumping on any "band wagon", I've held a libratarian viewpoint for a long, long time and I would have said the same thing if his sign sad "No Transgenderd welcome" (and I would have walked away and left it at that) or "No Montanans allowed" (and i would have walked away and left it at that). That's also why I said it won't work out for him.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 5:39:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol, no. Businesses with very very few exceptions supported Jim Crow laws. The industrialization and urbanization of the south was not effective in fostering social change.

Before the Civil Rights Act many businesses had the opportunity to voluntarily desegregate without big bad government bothering them, they overwhelmingly chose segregation. Most feared that serving blacks would result in losing more business than they would gain and they were right. The market didn't like black people. It was the correct economic decision. Blacks were cut off economically and the market was cool with that and wanted it to stay that way. People re-write their history after they lose to make themselves look like the good guys.

It's like democracy, it works in a perfect theoretical world, unfortunately it can also be a pack of wolves and a sheep deciding what's for dinner.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 5:42:42 PM EDT
[#12]

So he's ok with gays if the don't violate his 1st amendment rights (which they could only do if they were acting on behalf of the government)? Way to stand firm in your beliefs, homie
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 5:46:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Because America sucked before Lincoln, right?

Give me a break. Slavery went away and that was a good thing. But the way it happened ensured tyranny for all.

View Quote

Before Lincoln? Who said anything about Lincoln? You are the one who said pre-1860's American society "worked fine".

If by "worked fine" you mean that only a select few actually had rights that the Constitution actually protected, then sure, I guess it worked fine.

We had an America like that just 50 years ago. And yes, it sucked. Who the hell wants to live in a society where you walk through downtown and see signs on every business that say "No blacks", "No whites", "No gays"?

Why did states adopt laws to end business discrimination to the public? Because it sucked. Things happen for a reason...
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 5:59:14 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Did I miss OnlytheTip's answer?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bullshit! That dog  just don't hunt. Any book that states attraction isn't a choice was written by someone with an agenda. We have ultimate mental control over our choices, and sexual attraction is an emotional & physical choice. You are about to read why your theory just went to shit, along with that of all the books you've read, and have been written on the subject. Here goes, using your logic; A pedophile cannot control their choice to have sex with children, so I guess that's alright because sexual attraction isn't a choice.

Attraction does equal action.

When did you make a conscious decision that you are a heterosexual male attracted to brunettes with small tits & a large ass?

Any reply would be met with more bullshit rhetoric. You can lead a horse to water...................... Being attracted to the same sex is a choice, and it is not built into your DNA. Until it is scientifically proven without a doubt that a Homosexual person has a different genetic structure than that of a heterosexual person the argument is moot.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:44:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Any reply would be met with more bullshit rhetoric. You can lead a horse to water...................... Being attracted to the same sex is a choice, and it is not built into your DNA. Until it is scientifically proven without a doubt that a Homosexual person has a different genetic structure than that of a heterosexual person the argument is moot.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bullshit! That dog  just don't hunt. Any book that states attraction isn't a choice was written by someone with an agenda. We have ultimate mental control over our choices, and sexual attraction is an emotional & physical choice. You are about to read why your theory just went to shit, along with that of all the books you've read, and have been written on the subject. Here goes, using your logic; A pedophile cannot control their choice to have sex with children, so I guess that's alright because sexual attraction isn't a choice.

When did you make a conscious decision that you are a heterosexual male attracted to brunettes with small tits & a large ass?

While the may be a genetic link, personality and sexuality traits are hardwired at birth or extremely early on. You can see personality traits in kids at a very young age. It isn't something you chose. You must not know any gay people. If you grew up with someone who ended up gay, you knew they were different WAY before puberty. Before they even knew what gay was.

There are gay people who literally killed themselves wanting to be straight. Why would the CHOOSE to be something constantly pissed on, and in some places, killed for?

Wake up to the facts. You will look like less of a fool.

And again, there are certain cultures in the past (and present) where it IS a choice of straight men having gay sex for fun. That is different than someone who has a same sex attraction who can't help who they are attracted to.

Sexual attraction isn't either/or for everyone. There are people who have varying amounts of attraction to either sex. I honestly feel those who feel so strongly it is a choice are bisexual and since they don't act on their same sex attraction they assume all gays are like that as well.

Then again there are people look at the literal mountain of evidence for evolution and scoff at it. For some people, thinking and coming up with rational, well thought out conclusions just isn't their thing.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:55:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

While the may be a genetic link, personality and sexuality traits are hardwired at birth or extremely early on. You can see personality traits in kids at a very young age. It isn't something you chose. You must not know any gay people. If you grew up with someone who ended up gay, you knew they were different WAY before puberty. Before they even knew what gay was.

There are gay people who literally killed themselves wanting to be straight. Why would the CHOOSE to be something constantly pissed on, and in some places, killed for?

And again, there are certain cultures in the past (and present) where it IS a choice of straight men having gay sex for fun. That is different than someone who has a same sex attraction who can't help who they are attracted to.

Sexual attraction isn't either/or for everyone. There are people who have varying amounts of attraction to either sex. I honestly feel those who feel so strongly it is a choice are bisexual and since they don't act on their same sex attraction they assume all gays are like that as well.

Then again there are people look at the literal mountain of evidence for evolution and scoff at it. For some people, thinking and coming up with rational, well thought out conclusions just isn't their thing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Never attempt to teach a pig to sing...
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 7:08:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

...And again, there are certain cultures in the past (and present) where it IS a choice of straight men having gay sex for fun. That is different than someone who has a same sex attraction who can't help who they are attracted to.

Sexual attraction isn't either/or for everyone. There are people who have varying amounts of attraction to either sex. I honestly feel those who feel so strongly it is a choice are bisexual and since they don't act on their same sex attraction they assume all gays are like that as well.  ...
View Quote

I am sorry; I am having some difficultly here.   Perhaps you can help me.   What, exactly, makes a person "gay"?  

Is it the desire to have sex with a person of the same sex that makes a person "gay"?
Is it the action (having sexual intercourse) with a person of the same sex that makes a person "gay"?
Is it the desire to love a person of the same sex that makes a person "gay"?

Is it a combination of these or something else?

Please be specific.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 7:21:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
What happens when a gay couple enter a town while on a road trip that is nearly all against gays and can't buy gas or food?
View Quote

Yeah because the gas pump credit card machine is going to have a gay detector on it and deny the credit card.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 7:25:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I am sorry; I am having some difficultly here.   Perhaps you can help me.   What, exactly, makes a person "gay"?  

Is it the desire to have sex with a person of the same sex that makes a person "gay"?
Is it the action (having sexual intercourse) with a person of the same sex that makes a person "gay"?

Please be specific.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

...And again, there are certain cultures in the past (and present) where it IS a choice of straight men having gay sex for fun. That is different than someone who has a same sex attraction who can't help who they are attracted to.

Sexual attraction isn't either/or for everyone. There are people who have varying amounts of attraction to either sex. I honestly feel those who feel so strongly it is a choice are bisexual and since they don't act on their same sex attraction they assume all gays are like that as well.  ...

Please be specific.

There is no hard, scientific definition of "gay". It is slang. It is used to mean different things by different people. A homosexual is one who is ATTRACTED to someone of the same sex. When I say gay sex, it is two people of the same gender having sex, but that doesn't mean they are necessarily homosexual.

People in prison or the middle east who have gay sex don't consider themselves homosexuals (or gay). In the past, many cultures had rampant gay sex between two straight men. The Greeks and Romans are two noted examples and their actions took place during the time of Christ. People were just as horny then as they are now. But back then there was little to no methods of birth control, certainly not to the degree of accuracy we enjoy today. So people got each other off. They weren't attracted to men (or boys) per se, but in the dark a hole is a hole. The social stigma wasn't there to keep it in check and the sin of lust was rampant. So yes, there are people who have gay sex as a choice just to get off.

But actual homosexuals, those who are attracted to only people of their own sex, it isn't a choice - just as heterosexuals (those attracted to the opposite sex) don't have a choice who they are attracted to. Homosexuals may still make a choice to dip in the heterosexual pool and have sex with women. In the past homosexuals might even marry and have kids, but have male lovers on the side.

And again, there are bisexuals, who have a varying degree of attraction to both sexes. The world is a varied and complex place.

Does that answer your questions?
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 7:45:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Good for him. It is his right to do what he is doing.

Taking a stand and putting your livelihood on the line over your beliefs is a respectable thing.

Unless he's hoping for a kickstarter payout.

ETA: Oh, he changed the sign. He's just a pussy.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:08:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You say it's a choice - you should be able to tell us when you made the choice.  It's not a trick question.

BS rhetoric appropriately describes your reply.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:18:53 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

His store, his rules.

If it gets out, is deemed unpopular, and people boycott his store because of that, that is just the free market at work.

However, I suspect those that preach the loudest about "tolerance of different views" are the ones who also scream the loudest at having legal action taken against him.
View Quote
I bet he is fucking a young boy and is just doing a projection of sorts.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:31:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

You say it's a choice - you should be able to tell us when you made the choice.  It's not a trick question.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

when did you make the choice ?
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:32:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
….But actual homosexuals, those who are attracted to only people of their own sex, …
View All Quotes
Quoted:
….But actual homosexuals, those who are attracted to only people of their own sex, …

This one sentence should be a good starting position.

Now, what do you mean by attracted?   Do you mean sexual attraction or attraction in general?

I know quite a few homosexual males who are attracted to females (not sexually) because they enjoy their company.

I know quite a few heterosexual males who are attracted to males (not sexually) because they enjoy their company.

So, you must be referring to sexual attraction, correct?

Quoted:
it isn't a choice

So people are born one of at least three ways:

(1)  Attracted to members of the opposite sex
(2)  Attracted to members of the same sex
(3)  Attracted to members of both the same or opposite sex

Correct?

Is this subject to change, revision, alteration or is “It is what it is” due to hard wiring and what not from birth?
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:34:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
His store, his rules.

If it gets out, is deemed unpopular, and people boycott his store because of that, that is just the free market at work.

However, I suspect those that preach the loudest about "tolerance of different views" are the ones who also scream the loudest at having legal action taken against him.

by that logic.
this means all of the pro gay agenda people are already sucking dick ?

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:59:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Now, what do you mean by attracted?   Do you mean sexual attraction or attraction in general?

I know quite a few homosexual males who are attracted to females (not sexually) because they enjoy their company.

I know quite a few heterosexual males who are attracted to males (not sexually) because they enjoy their company.

Correct?

Is this subject to change, revision, alteration or is “It is what it is” due to hard wiring and what not from birth?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
it isn't a choice

Correct?

Homosexual and Heterosexual refer to SEXUAL attraction. Of course people can be attracted to other people on other levels.

Sexuality seems to be hard wired very early, similar to your personality. Efforts from "praying away the gay" and therapy have proved unfruitful. While gays are for the most part accepted, it wasn't that long ago where they were not. In the 50s it was still illegal under "buggery" laws to have gay sex in the UK.  People where more likely to hide their sexuality and people literally killed themselves over it.

Again, all the evidence points to ones sexuality being hard wired, just as you or I never made a decision to be straight, others never made a choice to be gay.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 10:07:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Alcoholics should now claim discrimination for their deviant behavior.

After all they were born that way and have no choice.

Pandora's box for deviants has been opened.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 10:11:51 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

View Quote

They should just repress their sexuality and join the church, like the good old days.

Make them mental patients and criminals (or I guess priests), instead of live and let live.

I wanna live in your Utopia.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 10:21:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
What happens when a gay couple enter a town while on a road trip that is nearly all against gays and can't buy gas or food?
View Quote

Go to the local truck stop, I'm sure they can make "arrangements."
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 10:23:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Gays attack two preachers.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 10:47:32 PM EDT
[#31]

Looks like you out-outraged him. Congrats on your win.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:57:48 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

View Quote
how would anyone know?

I dont go to a restaurant and discuss how much I like vagina with strangers,most of the time

Link Posted: 7/2/2015 12:02:24 AM EDT
[#33]

dont take it so personal people have differing opinions on homosexuality,you clearly have yours as does he.I dont think he is hiding behind anything.

Link Posted: 7/2/2015 12:20:30 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Homosexual and Heterosexual refer to SEXUAL attraction. Of course people can be attracted to other people on other levels.
View Quote

Good.  

We’ve locked down the fact that homosexuals are defined as people who have a sexual attraction for other people of the same sex.

Does this apply to ALL sexual attraction within people?  By that I mean do the sexual attractions and the sexual predispositions people enjoy all originate in this fashion (hardwired from a young age)?

Quoted:Sexuality seems to be hard wired very early, similar to your personality. Efforts from "praying away the gay" and therapy have proved unfruitful.
View Quote

Is it possible any of that behavior could be influenced by external factors in their lives?

It is not uncommon for people to fundamentally change some aspect of their lives due to some sudden or traumatic event or circumstance in their lives.

An example of such a thing would be a woman who is traumatized from rape who cannot stand to be around men or to have sex with men.  She was not born this way but her brain is now hard wired into this mode and it took a horrific act of trauma to bring it about.  Of course not all women (or people) who are raped respond in this way but it does happen.

This is not to suppose or imply that homosexuals are made that way due to events in their lives; I am merely pointing out that people do indeed experience drastic changes in their lives.

Quoted: While gays are for the most part accepted, it wasn't that long ago where they were not. In the 50s it was still illegal under "buggery" laws to have gay sex in the UK.  People where more likely to hide their sexuality and people literally killed themselves over it. Again, all the evidence points to ones sexuality being hard wired, just as you or I never made a decision to be straight, others never made a choice to be gay.
View Quote

There are many people who kill themselves and, as far as I am concerned, every one of them is a tragic loss.   With that said, we are talking about homosexuals and not the act of buggery.

We have already established that a person can be a homosexual without engaging in sexual congress and you have already provided ample evidence that people do engage in “gay sex” without actually being homosexuals themselves (for a variety of reasons).
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 3:27:56 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

When I pointed out that most of the LGBT community just want to be left alone and that the vocal minority don't speak for the majority, I was informed it only takes one with a good lawyer. I hope this doesn't hurt him, but I'm not overly optimistic.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
His store, his rules.

Sorry to tell you, but that won't be happening in that town. If anything it'll get him more biz from Lowes in JC.

When I pointed out that most of the LGBT community just want to be left alone and that the vocal minority don't speak for the majority, I was informed it only takes one with a good lawyer. I hope this doesn't hurt him, but I'm not overly optimistic.

But think how much better he will feel when can blame the gays for his business failing?

Link Posted: 7/2/2015 3:32:09 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

spent a lot of quality time in E. tennessee?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
From a business standpoint, he just made a dumb move.

spent a lot of quality time in E. tennessee?

Quality time in E. Tennessee? Oh come now.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 3:33:02 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Why do you assume religion is the reason he dislikes homos?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wonder if there are any other types of sinners that his religion prohibits him from selling goods to?

Or is he in some gay-specific religion?

Why do you assume religion is the reason he dislikes homos?

Maybe he read the posts and news articles for content?
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 3:36:07 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

So vocal atheists are out too?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wonder if there are any other types of sinners that his religion prohibits him from selling goods to?

Or is he in some gay-specific religion?

Adulterers and fornicators generally do not announce their sins from the rooftops, or sue people who aren't accepting of them, so he really doesn't need to.

so his religion requires him to refuse service to mouthy people?

sounds legit

I guess he doesn't allow moonshiners, or those who drink shine, or booze, or snake handlers?  what about folks who dance on the weekends?

No, just to those who announce to him that they are unrepentant sinners.

Unrepentant is the key here. Something that many fail to understand.

Having been gay is no worse than having committed adultery. Being unrepentant makes you someone objectionable to those who believe it is a sin.

We either have freedom of religion in all aspects of life, or we do not.

So vocal atheists are out too?

and moonshiners, and those who drink moonshine, or taxed spirits? or gamble, or dance on Friday nights, or have sex with anybody not their spouse?  He's going to run out of customers before he runs out of reasons for not serving them.  He needs to post a sign on whaich sinners are allowed.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 3:37:07 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
It's on the news right now,he already changed the sign.

"We have a right to Refuse service to anyone."
View Quote

Courage of his convictions?  or a frantic phone call from the family attorney?
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 3:38:49 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

So now you're labeled an asshole for standing up for something you believe in?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How the hell is this asshole going to tell if a customer is gay or not?

His business so he can put up whatever signage he pleases and take the consequences.

So now you're labeled an asshole for standing up for something you believe in?

So you didn't call anybody an asshole when you saw the article about the WalMart CEO talking about removing semi-autos from their stores?  He apparently believes in that?
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 3:48:09 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 3:50:21 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 3:53:47 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I wonder if Jesus would let thieves in his house to sit down and plan a robbery?
View Quote

Gay thieves or Straight thieves?  You need to pay better attention to what the thread is really about.  In any case, we have a fair idea on his stance on Tax Collectors.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 4:02:40 AM EDT
[#44]

They got Blue Laws there?  Those tend to violate Freedom of Speech and Freedom of Religion.  If I'm not a dry Baptist, why can't I be open on Sundays or sell booze on Sundays?
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 4:05:53 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

You've been under that rock for a long time, haven't you?
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 8:59:09 AM EDT
[#46]
I knew my sexual leanings before I was 10, and "raising me to not be gay" just persuaded me to bury and deny my desires. I wanted to be normal, and accepted by my parents and peers.

So I went from homosexual experiences before I could drive, to heterosexual experiences the minute I got my driver's permit. Couldn't have the whole school thinking I didn't want to sex up the girls! Furthermore, I knew I would be outed eventually, and I could not sit down and tell my Father I was gay. The shame would have been huge, I was afraid he would reject me permanently, and it would affect his business as well as the other members of my family. All homosexual activity stopped, except in my imagination.

The girls I dated were not impressed. Why should they have been? I didn't like tits, and I never wanted to fuck one badly enough to bring a condom. So we would make out and have oral sex. I could do that. I floundered along until I got married.

My first wife divorced me after our sex life crashed and burned.
I've been married to my second wife for 30 years. Until this Spring, we went ten years with no sex, because it slowly turned into a trainwreck I could not deal with.

I don't know if that makes me gay, or bisexual, but I didn't choose one of the three options.
Well, I chose to indulge in heterosexual sex rather than indulge my desires.
We're having great sex at the moment, but I don't think you want to hear what I am thinking about while we make love.

I was a cub scout, a boy scout, went hunting and fishing with my Dad.
He was a manly man with three boys and a girl to raise. He taught me how to clean fish and rabbits and squirrels. He did "all the right things".

My path was set before he made a man of me. It was set before he helped me make an entry for the Pinewood Derby.

You can provide an example to follow.
You can encourage behavior that is acceptable to you or society.
You cannot force a child to be straight. You can force them to act straight, if they are willing to capitulate.

I'm not sure if I regret my choices or not. Everybody thinks I'm "normal".
It has been confusing as hell, embarrassing, and frustrating. Not mentally healthy.

But I'm straight. Had to fit in. Now I'm 59 and my wife is 63. we have two sons and four grandkids. I'm happy about that, but I have been denying my base, true sexual desires since I was a teenager. It's not any different than a hetero dude that spent his whole life having sex with other men and fantasizing about being with a woman, in order to fit into a society that demanded he follow "the norm".
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 9:48:15 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Homosexuals will be protected by new federal civil rights laws within, oh, let's say 18 months
View Quote

You'll still have Obama in office and a GOP-controlled legislature.  Not likely.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 10:03:33 AM EDT
[#48]
How the hell is he going to know?

So say two friends who are male are working on a project and go to his shop to buy parts, say plumbing supplies...

Is he going to kick them out because it's two guys together?

What if they're actually gay but don't act affectionate to each other?

How will he know?

Stupid sign is stupid, regardless of "his store his rules".

Link Posted: 7/2/2015 10:11:41 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Hope he's ok going out of business...

The guy is a social dinosaur, putting that sign up is analogous to having a "no blacks" sign. His business, his rules and all aside, I hope he's prepared for early retirement and possible lawsuits.
View Quote

So a popular, I'm so hip I support gay marriage world view trumps a biblical world view?  It's no wonder Canada buys milk in bags.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 10:12:44 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

So a popular, I'm so hip I support gay marriage world view trumps a biblical world view?  It's no wonder Canada buys milk in bags.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hope he's ok going out of business...

The guy is a social dinosaur, putting that sign up is analogous to having a "no blacks" sign. His business, his rules and all aside, I hope he's prepared for early retirement and possible lawsuits.

Quit foisting Christ on this nonsense.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top