User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 9:14:43 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Amendment XXII
Section 1.

No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of the President more than once. But this article shall not apply to any person holding the office of President when this article was proposed by the Congress, and shall not prevent any person who may be holding the office of President, or acting as President, during the term within which this article becomes operative from holding the office of President or acting as President during the remainder of such term.
View Quote

So he could run for and be elected to the vice presidency, and then assume the presidency when Biden resigns. Another poorly written amendment for the Supreme Court to interpret liberally.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 9:44:57 PM EDT
[#2]
There's not a chance in hell that will happen. It doesn't matter if the SCOTUS is activist or not. The 22nd amendment spells it out clearly. He can't be elected for a third time. Here's the text of the amendment:

No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of the President more than once. But this article shall not apply to any person holding the office of President when this article was proposed by the Congress, and shall not prevent any person who may be holding the office of President, or acting as President, during the term within which this article becomes operative from holding the office of President or acting as President during the remainder of such term.

What are they going to do, say that "twice" doesn't mean two? He was legally elected... twice. Two terms. Twice. I get it, people think they're being edgy and funny by stirring up the tinfoil pot. But it's not gonna happen. Like someone else mentioned, at least half of the states wouldn't even allow him on the ballot. Without those states it is a statistical impossibility to win the electoral college vote. Sure there are a couple of loopholes, but they're so far out there that if he attempted to exploit him the public outcry would force him out of office via Congress. Obama isn't even that popular anyways, lol. The Democrats want to win, not try some crazy shit that's never been done before. Hillary is a much safer option for them.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 9:51:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Can he run as VP with his wife as President?
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 9:59:12 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

There's not a chance in hell that will happen. It doesn't matter if the SCOTUS is activist or not. The 22nd amendment spells it out clearly. He can't be elected for a third time. Here's the text of the amendment:

What are they going to do, say that "twice" doesn't mean two? He was legally elected... twice. Two terms. Twice. I get it, people think they're being edgy and funny by stirring up the tinfoil pot. But it's not gonna happen. Like someone else mentioned, at least half of the states wouldn't even allow him on the ballot. Without those states it is a statistical impossibility to win the electoral college vote. Sure there are a couple of loopholes, but they're so far out there that if he attempted to exploit him the public outcry would force him out of office via Congress. Obama isn't even that popular anyways, lol. The Democrats want to win, not try some crazy shit that's never been done before. Hillary is a much safer option for them.
View Quote

Obama care was not constitutional and was upheld twice. he has done all kinds of unconstitutional

things and everyone is afraid to do anything for fear of being called a racist.

It is a far fetched thing, but.

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 10:01:35 PM EDT
[#5]
The real sad thing is that the walking, talking vaginal blood fart would win if he could run again.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 10:01:38 PM EDT
[#6]
He better run.................................

as fast as he can.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 10:03:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Constitution Schmonstitution.  I live in the Constitution State.  Trust me, it's a "living, evolving" old, dirty, piece of paper.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 10:07:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Yes, straight off a short pier into shark-infested water that has been chummed for 48 straight hours.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 10:08:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Only if he renounces his US citizenship.  People don't usually renounce their citizenship after buying large expensive properties in that nation.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
"Can Obama run again this year?  If not I guess we vote for Hillary".

I love over hearing good quality strategy from some American voters... I think they were American.

Point out that he's a shoo-in for United Nations Secretary General....why would he want to be the POTUS anymore?

UN Secretary General? He'd be a shoe-in, as he already has the "hating Israel" thing down pat.

Only if he renounces his US citizenship.  People don't usually renounce their citizenship after buying large expensive properties in that nation.

He doesn't have to renounce what he doesn't have

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 10:09:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Try this tinfoil thought on for size:

In late October 2016 the Obama Justice department arrests Hillary for her various crimes regarding emails etc.
Then he declares that because there can be no fair election with no candidate for the Democratic party, that he is going to postpone/cancel the election and remain in office.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 10:11:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
"Can Obama run again this year?  If not I guess we vote for Hillary".

I love over hearing good quality strategy from some American voters... I think they were American.
View Quote

He didn't meet the prerequisites to run the first time and he should have been hanged as a traitor before the second time so sure, why not it's shit house rules as it is.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 10:20:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Obama can pretty much do whatever Obama wants.
View Quote

Pretty F'n much and not one damn elected official will object and any citizen who does is racist and should be considered an extremist that should be treated worse than ISIS...
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 10:23:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 10:24:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Try this tinfoil thought on for size:

In late October 2016 the Obama Justice department arrests Hillary for her various crimes regarding emails etc.
Then he declares that because there can be no fair election with no candidate for the Democratic party, that he is going to postpone/cancel the election and remain in office.
View Quote

Under what authority? The POTUS cannot create new laws out of thin air. There is no law on the books that gives him the capability to do such a thing. And why would he want to do that anyways? He's probably ready to get the hell out so he can do nothing for the rest of his life except chill at the country club and make millions giving speeches. What would he gain by risking it all and essentially declaring himself a dictator?
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 10:31:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I'm voting for Hillary next year. I voted for Obama twice already, I've done my part.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
OBAMA 2016.

I'm voting for Hillary next year. I voted for Obama twice already, I've done my part.

Are you dead? Only dead Canadian votes count for POTUS.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top