Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 9:58:29 AM EDT
[#1]
A man in Germany is possibly one of the world's strangest "murderers". He took out an internet ad looking for someone willing to be butchered and eaten. He got one. The victim suggested cutting off and sharing his penis before being killed, and they tried it. Then he was killed, and some 40 pounds eaten before the killer was caught. German law enforcement couldn't figure out if a crime was committed, since the victim was a willing participant.

Then Rammstein wrote a song about it.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 10:08:38 AM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I disagree.

I was given propofol and I had a dream so vivid that I was pissed off when they woke me up and I bitched about it to the nurses.

I was dreaming that I was deer hunting in Utah.

I don't really hunt and have never hunted in Utah.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

You don't dream under general anesthesia.  Michael Jackson was foolish to pay to be "put to sleep"

I disagree.

I was given propofol and I had a dream so vivid that I was pissed off when they woke me up and I bitched about it to the nurses.

I was dreaming that I was deer hunting in Utah.

I don't really hunt and have never hunted in Utah.
Sedation level

When you are first going down you have those dreams but once you get to a plane of general anesthesia--none.

Depending on your procedure you may not need to be deep enough to cease dreaming.

Link Posted: 7/2/2015 10:20:04 AM EDT
[#3]
All sorts of interesting things. Can't say I've got anything to add.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 10:27:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Sorry but I am going to call BS.  Nerve cells don't regenerate but there is one that that runs from the spinal cord all the way to the bottom of your foot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hillary will NOT be elected president.

From your post to God's ear...

You replace every particle in your body every seven years. You are literally not the same person you were 7 years ago.

Teeth?

I guess that "100 amazing things you won't believe" site was bullshit. Damn Interweb

What Frisen found is that the body's cells largely replace themselves every 7 to 10 years. In other words, old cells mostly die and are replaced by new ones during this time span. The cell renewal process happens more quickly in certain parts of the body, but head-to-toe rejuvenation can take up to a decade or so

Sorry but I am going to call BS.  Nerve cells don't regenerate but there is one that that runs from the spinal cord all the way to the bottom of your foot.

Some nerves can regrow, at least according to my sugeon that warned me of a possible complication due to a nerve growing back after being severed.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 10:31:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
A man in Germany is possibly one of the world's strangest "murderers". He took out an internet ad looking for someone willing to be butchered and eaten. He got one. The victim suggested cutting off and sharing his penis before being killed, and they tried it. Then he was killed, and some 40 pounds eaten before the killer was caught. German law enforcement couldn't figure out if a crime was committed, since the victim was a willing participant.

Then Rammstein wrote a song about it.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/2/2015 10:32:39 AM EDT
[#6]
You can buy regular bricks of medium cheddar cheese, put them is a dark cool spot (lower rear kitchen cabinet, pantry, etc...), let them just chill for three or more months untouched....Open and enjoy your sharp cheddar cheese (refrigerate after opening).

Good way just to store a few them when on sale also...

Link Posted: 7/2/2015 10:35:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
You can buy regular bricks of medium cheddar cheese, put them is a dark cool spot (lower rear kitchen cabinet, pantry, etc...), let them just chill for three or more months untouched....Open and enjoy your sharp cheddar cheese (refrigerate after opening).

View Quote

Does cheese really need to be refrigerated? I remember my grandparents keeping cheese out on the counter under a glass lid. IMO, it tasted better at room temp.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 11:09:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

This really depends on whether you are on propane or natural gas.

Haz-Mat 101 here.

Anyone want to explain?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If you left your gas range knob on high unlit and went to work all day, your house would probably not explode. It will smell like its going to though.

Haz-Mat 101 here.

Anyone want to explain?

propane has a lower flammability range if that's what you're getting at

ETA:  guns and propane, science lesson starts at about 3:45

Link Posted: 7/2/2015 11:17:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
If your hand swells up as big as your face you will die.
View Quote

No, I didn't.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 11:21:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Does cheese really need to be refrigerated? I remember my grandparents keeping cheese out on the counter under a glass lid. IMO, it tasted better at room temp.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

some does...some does not...Google has the answers
Cheddar does not but it last longer (less green stuff growing on it) if refrigerated
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 11:25:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Or the Marshall Plan.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Marshals Service is not the same thing as the Air Marshals.

They also have nothing to do with the department store, Marshals.

Or the Marshall Plan.  

Or jet packs.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 11:35:44 AM EDT
[#12]
"Solid" objects are really almost entirely empty space. If you could enlarge the nucleus of an atom to the size of a golf ball, the closest electrons orbiting it would be about a mile away. What's in between?

Nothing.

Makes a feller think.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 11:39:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Mine was expensively bred to be a money making stud of cutting horses. He was built so well and so cow minded, they went ahead and gelded him so they could use him for comps.  2 weeks later he sliced all the tendons in a rear leg.   They spent a lot of money trying to get it fixed.  Then his owner got hurt at work. So we ended up with him. He's gimpy,  but he can get around.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Horses don't sleep standing up.

If there is something that can hurt a horse in a pasture, it will find it.

That's the damn truth.  I have a worthless horse with over $50k  invested into him to prove it.

We had one impale itself on a t-post like it was charging a Swiss pike square.

Mine was expensively bred to be a money making stud of cutting horses. He was built so well and so cow minded, they went ahead and gelded him so they could use him for comps.  2 weeks later he sliced all the tendons in a rear leg.   They spent a lot of money trying to get it fixed.  Then his owner got hurt at work. So we ended up with him. He's gimpy,  but he can get around.

Horses and Armadillos are natural enemies but neither one knows it.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 11:51:13 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Back in the 1980's some joker used to sell in the back pages of "Soldier Of Fortune" magazine (and a few other gun mag's IIRC) a .223 cartridge necked up to .45 caliber...

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
You can expand the neck of a .40 S&W to fit a .45 bullet. I used to make these and put them in the showcase at the store. I told people it was a .45 Warsaw.

Back in the 1980's some joker used to sell in the back pages of "Soldier Of Fortune" magazine (and a few other gun mag's IIRC) a .223 cartridge necked up to .45 caliber...

They called them "Ski bullets".
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 1:52:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

http://youtu.be/OTcLd-CG5Vo
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
If you left your gas range knob on high unlit and went to work all day, your house would probably not explode. It will smell like its going to though.

Haz-Mat 101 here.

Anyone want to explain?

Natural gas rises, making it unlikely to blow up your house.
Propane sinks, so it builds up easier, and when it hits a pilot light or other ignition source it blows very well.
Same outdoor, NG is pretty harmless, propane pools and burns.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 1:57:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 2:07:33 PM EDT
[#17]
When the original Transformers movie was released, the Bumble Bee Camaro was actually a Pontiac GTO, made to look like a Camaro, as they have the same wheel base, and the Camaro was not yet in production.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 2:17:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Mayonnaise does not need to be refrigerated after opening and will keep just fine at room temperature.
View Quote

Eggs don't need refrigeration either, ask anyone who's lived in a third world country.  
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 2:18:10 PM EDT
[#19]
ahoy-hoy  ahoy-hoy
Was the preferred greeting for answering the phone by Alexander Graham Bell.
Next time you watch the Simpsons that is how Mr. Burns, Springfield's oldest citizen answers his phone.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 2:18:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
When the original Transformers movie was released, the Bumble Bee Camaro was actually a Pontiac GTO, made to look like a Camaro, as they have the same wheel base, and the Camaro was not yet in production.
View Quote

The original Transformers movie was released in 1986, and Bumblebee was a VW Beetle.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 2:19:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Propane sinks, so it builds up easier, and when it hits a pilot light or other ignition source it blows very well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Haz-Mat 101 here.

Anyone want to explain?

It's more unlikely to blow up your house because most houses are not air tight. While said range knob is flowing, it's around 25K btu, it can't usually saturate a home because the space is too big and its escaping through every vent, crack and window.
The LEL level just generally never gets to where it needs to be to cause a movie type explosion. Now a cracked/broken flex line can flow enough to get there pretty quickly, but zooms right past the proper LEL level and if no source of ignition  exists, again nothing happens. ETA: usually when people talk about gas they mean NG. When they talk about propane they call it propane.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 2:42:22 PM EDT
[#22]
The next time you take a flight in an airliner it's possible that one of the pilots may never have flown that type of aircraft before and it's his first time landing it.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 2:55:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
A stinky cunt will turn the hardest of hard-ons into a wet over boiled noodle in .00000003 seconds.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
A stinky cunt will turn the hardest of hard-ons into a wet over boiled noodle in .00000003 seconds.

That is, in fact, not true.

Quoted:
Josephine, I will return to Paris tomorrow evening. Don't wash.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 3:15:35 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Sybil Ludington rode twice as far as Paul Revere to spread the alarm that the English were attacking Danbury, Connecticut during the Revolutionary war.

She was too  late, the re-enforcements arrived too late. Danbury was lost.  But they pressed the attack anyway and drove the British back to NY.

Still, not bad for someone who was just past her 16th birthday.
View Quote
this  is true...  my hometown,  there is a statue of her  next to the library

Link Posted: 7/2/2015 3:15:45 PM EDT
[#25]
You can freeze milk for a long time. If you don't want to run to the store just for milk, buy a few at a time, put the extras in the freezer. Take it out the day before needed, leave it on the counter overnight, then put in the fridge in the morning.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 3:20:02 PM EDT
[#26]
This is not a costume.  This is a way of life.

Link Posted: 7/2/2015 4:04:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

In this thread, we will each post a bit of knowledge that some of our members may not be aware of yet.

Note: this is not the place for snarky political statements or the like - post genuine information.

To start:

The actress who played Vasquez in Aliens,

https://revoemagblog.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/vasquez.jpg

...is the same actress who played Janelle in Terminator II.

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080407135113/terminator/images/e/e2/T1000_Janelle.JPG

Your turn.

View Quote

Piggybacking from imdb.com:

In the air shaft where Vasquez shoots the alien with a handgun, Jenette Goldstein could not handle the recoil of the gun properly. As a result, producer Gale Anne Hurd doubled for Vasquez in shots where the gun is fired. She was the only woman available who had experience firing handguns. Goldstein's flinching at the firing of a gun is also masked during the operations room fight immediately preceding the air shaft scene, when Vasquez is seen firing two grenades at the aliens - for the first one, there's a barely visible cut (Goldstein's head changes position suddenly) and for the second shot there is a smash-cut away from her face at the moment of firing.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 4:10:34 PM EDT
[#28]
If you take a smack to the noggin when you are 21 and it knocks your IQ down to 74, it's considered a developmental disability/ mental retardation. If you are 23 when it happens, it's just a traumatic brain injury. It matters because it affects the types of services you are eligible for.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 4:14:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Did you know that even if a woman knows she is wrong in an argument...
She will still be pissed at you?
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 10:22:08 PM EDT
[#30]
The man that purchased bankrupt Bangor, Maine Bushmaster Firearms in 1976 and moved them to Windham, Maine was:

Richard Dyke.

I can't even imagine growing up with that name.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 11:20:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

It's more unlikely to blow up your house because most houses are not air tight. While said range knob is flowing, it's around 25K btu, it can't usually saturate a home because the space is too big and its escaping through every vent, crack and window.
The LEL level just generally never gets to where it needs to be to cause a movie type explosion. Now a cracked/broken flex line can flow enough to get there pretty quickly, but zooms right past the proper LEL level and if no source of ignition  exists, again nothing happens. ETA: usually when people talk about gas they mean NG. When they talk about propane they call it propane.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Haz-Mat 101 here.

Anyone want to explain?

The major differences between houses in the SW and Ohio?
We seal ours off pretty hard, and many have basements.  the LEL gets there.

About 15 years ago a restaraunt around here had a propane leak; when the gas hit the pilot light in the water heater the whole building jumped about 6 inches.
Four or five workers got broken ankles out of the deal.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 11:34:57 PM EDT
[#32]
In the unreleased directors cut of "Top Gun" Mav and Ice Man get it on.  They struggle for who is the "Top" and end up just jacking each other.

That's why they say that wingman shit at the end.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 12:00:05 AM EDT
[#33]
The stiff end of a shoelace is called an aglet.

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 12:09:11 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Verified.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The locals in Ireland, piss on the Blarney Stone and laugh their asses off when tourists show up and kiss it.

Verified.

Explains why Bear Grylls is always kissing the fuckin thing.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 12:14:21 AM EDT
[#35]
Not all deaf people are proficient at reading and writing English. Therefore, written communication with a deaf person is not always effective communication.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 12:16:21 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
In the unreleased directors cut of "Top Gun" Mav and Ice Man get it on.  They struggle for who is the "Top" and end up just jacking each other.

That's why they say that wingman shit at the end.
View Quote

It all makes sense now...  Goose left so that Mav could finally be with Ice Man.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 12:16:38 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Horses don't sleep standing up.

Bullshit

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 12:23:19 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 12:24:55 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

You replace every particle in your body every seven years. You are literally not the same person you were 7 years ago.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hillary will NOT be elected president.

Except for your teeth.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 12:27:16 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Ravens and Crows are sometimes difficult to distinguish from one another.

Ravens will glide while in flight.  Crows never stop flapping their gay wings.
View Quote

RaVens have a V-shaped (pointed) tail.  Crows have a squared-off tail.  Easily recognizable in flight.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 12:37:24 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 12:56:53 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

No, I didn't.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If your hand swells up as big as your face you will die.

No, I didn't.

I got that info from an episode of Bonanza where Little Joe got stuck with a rusty nail or something. I think it was Hop Sing who said if his hand gets as big as his face he die!

Seemed legit.  
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 1:16:06 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

In this thread, we will each post a bit of knowledge that some of our members may not be aware of yet.

Note: this is not the place for snarky political statements or the like - post genuine information.

To start:

The actress who played Vasquez in Aliens,

https://revoemagblog.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/vasquez.jpg

...is the same actress who played Janelle in Terminator II.

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080407135113/terminator/images/e/e2/T1000_Janelle.JPG

Your turn.

View Quote

I'll add to it.

Jenette Goldstein (the actress in question) owns a bra store that caters to women who are….bustier than normal.  "Jenette Bras" -- google it.  "The Alphabet Starts at D" is their slogan.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 2:05:20 AM EDT
[#44]
The island territory of Guam is actually in no danger of tipping over.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 2:23:29 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
The stiff end of a shoelace is called an aglet.

View Quote

Tom Cruise said it's a flugelbinder.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 3:59:52 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

SBC 1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The firing order of a SBF is 1-5-4-2-6-3-7-8

SBC 1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2

SBF can also be  1-3-7-2-6-5-4-8

for the 351W and or 5.0 HO type.

The camshaft installed being the deciding factor
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 4:26:52 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Funny I spent some time searching for teh difference between the two and never found a definitive answer. Most said they where the same species.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ravens and Crows are sometimes difficult to distinguish from one another.

Ravens will glide while in flight.  Crows never stop flapping their gay wings.

Funny I spent some time searching for teh difference between the two and never found a definitive answer. Most said they where the same species.

They're from the same family, the corvids, of which the raven is the largest. It is also the largest songbird in the world, with an astonishing vocal range.

Young ravens do resemble crows a great deal, but Dirk is right on with the 'crows can't glide, ravens can' observation. It's a sure giveaway.

Jays also belong the same family, and the least shy of them all is what we locally call camp robbers, aka grey jay, whiskyjack, etc.

They will come sit right on your hand if they think there's something to eat for them, and squabble with other jays for perching rights.

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 4:56:44 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
There is no rhyme for silver, purple or orange.
View Quote

Nurple.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 5:01:48 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Nurple.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There is no rhyme for silver, purple or orange.

Nurple.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDoSl-M5tmM
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top