Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/29/2015 1:49:16 AM EDT
This is a documentary about and shot by a guy who went to the middle east for adventure because he lived a sheltered life and felt that it'd make him a man, and then he got involved in the Syrian civil war and held in solitary confinement for 6 months and then was freed by the rebels and kept fighting and shooting footage (that was what he went to the middle east to do, he wanted to record his adventures on video to make a movie).  

Pretty interesting documentary.  I'm suprised by how many of the Syrian rebels have cell phones and stand out there in blasting ammo at god knows what for no apparent reason just to record themselves looking like bad asses.   Doesn't seem like this guy was like that though, but he was surrounded by those clowns.

Also interesting that in one point he shoots a Qadaffi loyalist (kind of "breaking his cherry" because up til that point he hadn't been able to actually see the face of the people he was shooting) with a suppressed FN F2000.  He missed, and he felt bad that he missed.  But he didn't miss on purpose, he actually tried to hit him.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 1:51:51 AM EDT
[#1]
I hadn't seen it but will watch.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 1:58:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I'm suprised by how many of the Syrian rebels have cell phones and stand out there in blasting ammo at god knows what for no apparent reason just to record themselves looking like bad asses.  
View Quote

I'm not.

That and "spray and pray" seem to be SOP in that corner of the world.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 3:54:28 AM EDT
[#3]
I gotta tell ya, after watching that documentary I kind of feel like flying out and going to fight ISIS.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 3:57:36 AM EDT
[#4]
I watched it.

His OCD was funny at times.

He strikes me as an idealist that didn't know what he was getting into & survived by sheer luck.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 3:58:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Awesome documentary for sure!  Absolutely insane some of the stuff he did and saw.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:23:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Just watched it.

Very interesting / fascinating journey.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:26:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Haven't seen it yet, but intend to when I get a chance.

Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:52:18 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm going to watch, it looks pretty good. Thanks for posting.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:54:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I watched it.

His OCD was funny at times.

He strikes me as an idealist that didn't know what he was getting into & survived by sheer luck.
View Quote

Yep. Couldn't finish it though.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 12:13:21 AM EDT
[#10]
I can't decide if I like the dude or not. I thoroughly enjoyed the film, but can figure if he'd be someone I'd befriend.

I'd definitely have a beer and chat with him. He wanted to make a change in himself. He found something he was willing to fight for, got spanked with that imprisonment, and had the gonads to go right back. I was really struck by his admittance of feeling like he was acting when he turned his camera on, and being torn about getting footage vs actually fighting.

Worth a watch, and I feel a pretty interesting insight into the adventures my generation have available to them.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 12:29:56 AM EDT
[#11]
I'll have to check it out.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 12:43:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 1:52:31 AM EDT
[#13]
I watched it last week. Was that FS2000 sighted in?
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 1:58:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I watched it last week. Was that FS2000 sighted in?
View Quote

Probably as sighted in as any other rifle over there.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 2:08:54 AM EDT
[#15]
Dude is a chode bucket, so I couldn't bring myself to watch it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top