Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 131
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 5:06:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 5:06:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Greece has an economy the size of 2005 Detroit, ECB can buy up bonds on the periphery.  What worries me more is if Greece decides to leave the Union v Structured default and set off inflation in the Eurozone especially if left wingers take over completely in Spain and Portugal.  Then we have the very real chance of ECB being forced to raise rates to curtail inflation, thus Hendersonville the $470b in exports from US to Europe.

Eta:  missed the lol by seven seconds.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 5:06:55 PM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 6/27/2015 5:09:56 PM EDT
[#4]

Link Posted: 6/27/2015 5:10:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

This. I think Greece is already priced in the market.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Greek "CRISIS"!!!!!111!!!  has been going on for what, 7 years now?

Agree.  I presume Wall St has been modeling it semi-continuously
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 5:11:25 PM EDT
[#6]
I laugh every time the stock bulls poke their chest out about holding paper.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 5:14:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Greek "CRISIS"!!!!!111!!!  has been going on for what, 7 years now?

Might be some dip on default. According to Cramer, if there's a default, buy in on day two in the afternoon.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 5:21:30 PM EDT
[#8]
In for the after-no-action report.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 5:21:42 PM EDT
[#9]

Link Posted: 6/27/2015 5:22:57 PM EDT
[#10]
It’s unbelievable how much larger is the truly unemployed part of the labour force in the south Eurozone countries, which are particularly hit by the economic crisis and the subsequent severe austerity measures, imposed on them by Brussels and Berlin. In Spain, with the officially recognised unemployment rate at 26% one has to add another 6.4% of underemployed part-time workers, plus 5.1% of people not seeking a job but available for work and another 1% of seeking but not available. That makes a total of a killing 38.5% of the labour force without labour.  

In Greece with the official rate at 27%, the unemployed part-timers are another 4.3%, plus 1.9% of persons available but tired of seeking and 0.7% of seeking but not immediately available. That makes a total of 33.9%.
View Quote

Eurostat: Real unemployment
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 5:23:25 PM EDT
[#11]

Link Posted: 6/27/2015 5:26:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
If you know what percentage of total EU GDP the Greece economy represents you know the answer.

Its like a company with 100 employees and the 2 most ineffective employees don't show up for work. Nobody gives a shit and things go smoother.
View Quote

Makes too much sense.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 5:26:30 PM EDT
[#13]

I guess I have to wait until tomorrow to embed "Eve of Destruction", huh?

Link Posted: 6/27/2015 5:27:48 PM EDT
[#14]
The market accounts for all knowledge. Traders have known the odds are high for a default and probable exit by Greece for a while and this deadline is not new information. Might be a slight slide or a little sideways next week, but no big shock.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 5:28:17 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

By the way, the greeks are FOing (again) today. Molotav cocktails, firebombs, police sirens, rock throwing, smoke, hollering and shouting, explosions and---at around the 2:50 mark----physical assaults and general chaos for all.

https://youtu.be/6MViXP2YkFA

View Quote
I'm expecting that here before much longer .

Link Posted: 6/27/2015 5:28:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
lol
View Quote

/thread
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 5:29:32 PM EDT
[#17]

Link Posted: 6/27/2015 5:29:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

I haven't seen a single person in here yet bragging about their stock holdings.  

I love it when the gold bugs too scared to invest in actual...investments instead of hedges lose their ass, quietly.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 5:30:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Makes too much sense.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If you know what percentage of total EU GDP the Greece economy represents you know the answer.

Its like a company with 100 employees and the 2 most ineffective employees don't show up for work. Nobody gives a shit and things go smoother.

Makes too much sense.

In that analogy, the 2 are being used as an example by company management through HR as what will happen if you borrow company funds that you can't return.

The company hired most of its employees under the premise that only good times were ahead if they stick together.

The 2 employees aren't the only ones who haven't been performing, and the management is more concerned with 3 other entire departments who have been watching what will be done to the 2 examples.

If management doesn't play their cards right, the whole company can fall apart.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 5:31:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Greece is going to default and you think the market is going to rise that much?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I predict the DOW will go up a couple of hundred points on Monday.  

Greece is going to default and you think the market is going to rise that much?

So everyone is pulling their money out of Greece and the EU. Hmmm. Where to put that money? Chinese bubble? Iraqi dinars? Or the closest thing to sanity that exists in this F'd up world.

There will be some volatility as everybody tries to guess how it will affect them, stronger dollar casting shadow on exports and int'l sales figures. No apocalypse for us over here. Yet.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 5:32:51 PM EDT
[#21]
I like Greek salad.

Let the country go under, it's nobody's fault but their own.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 5:34:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I like Greek salad.

Let the country go under, it's nobody's fault but their own.
View Quote

Peak Gyros!!!

Link Posted: 6/27/2015 5:38:55 PM EDT
[#23]

Link Posted: 6/27/2015 5:39:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I love it when the gold bugs too scared to invest in actual...investments instead of hedges lose their ass, quietly.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're either a stock broker or you have a 401K noose around your neck, which one is it?

...............and your wrong about the gold.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 5:40:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Good, more shares for my money.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 5:40:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Jokes on you, I already sold all my stocks right after the market crashed in 2009 so I'm safe
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 5:41:09 PM EDT
[#27]

Link Posted: 6/27/2015 5:44:24 PM EDT
[#28]

Link Posted: 6/27/2015 5:46:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Jokes on you, I already sold all my stocks right after the market crashed in 2009 so I'm safe
View Quote

Great job. You missed the worst of it, that's just smart investing
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 5:47:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Greek talks have failed, EU is scrambling to do damage control

This is going to be bad.

I predict DOW goes to 10,000 minimum

I hope everyone sold all their stocks on Friday
View Quote

No way.

But I will be buying them on Monday (in the unlikely event this latest dire prediction comes to pass)!
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 5:47:22 PM EDT
[#31]
nothing will happen
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 5:49:04 PM EDT
[#32]
This explains Greece and what is happenning here in the US.
We are 100 times bigger..

ETA

Note on Youtube this was made by

Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis

Link Posted: 6/27/2015 5:49:39 PM EDT
[#33]
I intend to ride out the market decline on Monday. The worst thing you can do now is sell and take a loss. Conversely, Monday might be a good buying opportunity.

These sorts of external events always have a temporary effect. Besides that, the Greek situation has been known for a long time, and the market has largely discounted it.

The thing to really worry about is fallout in other countries, if it happens.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 5:49:58 PM EDT
[#34]
I have been hearing nothing but collapse for at least two years and I haven't seen it yet. I am staying in.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 5:50:55 PM EDT
[#35]
My first ever IRA contribution came out of this week's check
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 5:51:31 PM EDT
[#36]
Black Monday right after Rainbow Friday. Stay safe everybody. The economy of sodom is about to be judged.

Link Posted: 6/27/2015 5:51:54 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn right, I'm getting all my investment advice from ContrarianIndicator from now on.  I hope he sunk all the money he "saved" after the last crash into Gold, like I did.  
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 5:53:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Meh.  I'm in it for the long haul.
View Quote

this, and my semiannual employee stock purchase plan hits 6/30. I hope it drops 5% on monday and tuesday
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 5:57:19 PM EDT
[#39]
I think some of you guys are overestimating the size of this potential default.

Greece's total debt is something like $350 billion.  

A lot of money to be sure, and if the default is final, and occurs on Tuesday when their EU concessions run out, it's going to cause some of their creditors headaches, it's also going to be a major pain in the ass for the Greeks.  But I don't think it alone can crash the US stock market.  

Hell we run up more debt in a good year.  

With that said, I'm sure it will make things a little more exciting.

Link Posted: 6/27/2015 5:59:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Damn right, I'm getting all my investment advice from ContrarianIndicator from now on.  I hope he sunk all the money he "saved" after the last crash into Gold, like I did.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Invested it all in ammo off of CheaperThanDirt about two months after the last gun panic started. Prices have slipped a little since then, but I expect a nice bounce soon. We're getting really close to the $0.30 a round resistance level for 223. Once we get back up into .$95 cents a round I'll be ready to start make some hefty profits.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 6:00:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Greece should be kicked out of the EU.

It would be nice to see Juncker to come out and say a simple sentence: "Effective immediately Greece is removed from the European Union, and all ties between the EU and Greece are dissolved."

Let Greece handle its own shit and burn to the ground. Same goes for Italy and Spain.

Link Posted: 6/27/2015 6:00:29 PM EDT
[#42]
In for the SHTF circle jerk.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 6:01:27 PM EDT
[#43]
I've been hoping the market would take a dump for a while, so I could get in well.

I think we will have to wait for president Hitlary for it to happen though. She is the type to short everything and then kick the market over.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 6:02:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Stock up on Magpul pre-ban high-cap Greek yogurt magazines.  While you can.  

Link Posted: 6/27/2015 6:03:20 PM EDT
[#45]
... could be as severe as Y2K!
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 6:05:12 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
If it happens I won't be surprised, if they some how prop it up again, I still won't be surprised.
View Quote

My sentiments also. Long term though,  look out!
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 6:05:59 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

C'mon! Greece is used to taking it up the ass.

View Quote

By the Germans......
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 6:13:12 PM EDT
[#48]
Stock Market is gonna stock market. They panic when an ant is squished on a sidewalk somewhere.

These pansy ass mother fuckers...... the world is gonna be fine and life will go on as like it always does. FFS.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 6:14:55 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Stock Market is gonna stock market. They panic when an ant is squished on a sidewalk somewhere.  

These pansy ass mother fuckers...... the world is gonna be fine and life will go on as like it always does. FFS.
View Quote

I had my peanut butter all stocked up and everything, though.

Link Posted: 6/27/2015 6:18:30 PM EDT
[#50]
The thing that I do not see talked about is the derivative exposure.  All that Greek debt that the German, French, and other countrys' banks own has to be insured.
Who are the counterparites and can they pay out in case of default?  We may be about to witness another Lehman-AIG moment.
Page / 131
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top