User Panel

Page / 131
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 8:52:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Page 12. Be careful out there.

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:06:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

I'm hiding in Havana. I'm a desperate man.Send Lawyers,guns,and money.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 10:02:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Did I call it, or did I call it?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Greece votes NO!!

Pre-Market Data is at -252 right now.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/17689937

I wouldn't waste my breath talking to the mocking fools in this thread.  It's as if the people with the condescending attitudes in here somehow didn't live through 2007-2009 -- it's amazing.

This Greece situation could easily end up being a Lehman 2.0 moment and then some.

It usually takes time to establish a market trend and we are likely at or near the top.  We'll know with some certainty in about 6 months or so after we've put in some lower highs and lower lows.

My bet is that the top is in.

I don't know, did you?

You're the one chiding "hysterical people do not understand economies or markets."

I simply stated that I personally believe the top is in and this Greece situation has the potential to be a bigger deal than people think -- e.g. a Lehman 2.0-type moment.  Feel free to point out the "hysteria" in that comment...

Anyone who knows anything about markets and economies knows it takes a lot more than a day or night, a week or two, or even a month or two to establish a legitimate trend.  Based on your highlight above,  I guess you don't find that assessment to be reasonable?

The people who have no clue about how markets or economies work are the same ones who at the time, thought Lehman was a non-event just like this Greece situation is a "non-event".  It's not so much about Greece per se, but about the ripple effects and the implications.

Regardless, the ones mocking anyone who raises justifiable concerns about it possibly being something more than a non-event, are the ones who come across as being childish at best and completely clueless at worst.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 10:05:27 AM EDT
[#4]
You have to remember that the tone of the thread was set by a self-professed market guru proclaiming that the markets were going to collapse last Monday.

I know that some of you take criticism of doomers personally, but get over yourselves. That was some funny shit and worthy of ridicule.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 10:13:21 AM EDT
[#5]
This market topped out in March.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 10:23:06 AM EDT
[#6]
weird.. my portfolio is up .32% so far this morning not much but up none the less.. maybe the crash is after lunch?
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 10:23:49 AM EDT
[#7]
This market has been a fairy tale for a long time, supported by borrowed money, buybacks, HFT computers and the FED.

If you believe in go for it, but when the real selling starts Katie bar the door.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 10:26:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I don't know, did you?

You're the one chiding "hysterical people do not understand economies or markets."

I simply stated that I personally believe the top is in and this Greece situation has the potential to be a bigger deal than people think -- e.g. a Lehman 2.0-type moment.  Feel free to point out the "hysteria" in that comment...

Anyone who knows anything about markets and economies knows it takes a lot more than a day or night, a week or two, or even a month or two to establish a legitimate trend.  Based on your highlight above,  I guess you don't find that assessment to be reasonable?

The people who have no clue about how markets or economies work are the same ones who at the time, thought Lehman was a non-event just like this Greece situation is a "non-event".  It's not so much about Greece per se, but about the ripple effects and the implications.

Regardless, the ones mocking anyone who raises justifiable concerns about it possibly being something more than a non-event, are the ones who come across as being childish at best and completely clueless at worst.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Greece votes NO!!

I wouldn't waste my breath talking to the mocking fools in this thread.  It's as if the people with the condescending attitudes in here somehow didn't live through 2007-2009 -- it's amazing.

This Greece situation could easily end up being a Lehman 2.0 moment and then some.

It usually takes time to establish a market trend and we are likely at or near the top.  We'll know with some certainty in about 6 months or so after we've put in some lower highs and lower lows.

I don't know, did you?

You know, that's what I like about you doomers.

No matter how many times you're wrong, you just keep on pushing forward with your insane theories, facts be darned.

Perseverance. You don't see it much any more.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 10:26:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Explain?
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 10:28:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Dude sweet Warren Zevon reference.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 10:34:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Explain?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Explain?

March it topped out in the 18,300 area, it failed to break above that in May and hold. First line of real support is 17165 area.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 10:35:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Greece votes NO!!

I bet the people predicting the crash and end of the Amsterdam Stock exchange for the last 400 years are going to be right one of these times.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 10:36:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I bet the people predicting the crash and end of the Amsterdam Stock exchange for the last 400 years are going to be right one of these times.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thursday.  Amsterdam collapses on Thursday.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 10:39:13 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Sort of my feelings....will there be a hit? Probably but the market has programmed this in.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Greek "CRISIS"!!!!!111!!!  has been going on for what, 7 years now?

Sort of my feelings....will there be a hit? Probably but the market has programmed this in.

Idiots will panic, then eventually people will realize the Greek economy is worth less than an handful of Fortune 500 countries or a couple of small New England states.

In the big picture, this is really just a bunch of tight wads arguing over tip money.

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 10:41:28 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 10:42:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Definitely!!  

... and if not Thursday, then definitely "in 6 months" (TM).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thursday.  Amsterdam collapses on Thursday.

Definitely!!  

... and if not Thursday, then definitely "in 6 months" (TM).

Well, yeah.  I didn't say which Thursday.  Gotta leave myself wiggle room when my prediction fails.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 10:43:51 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

March it topped out in the 18,300 area, it failed to break above that in May and hold. First line of real support is 17165 area.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Explain?

You're simply wrong. Most recent peak was in May.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 10:46:16 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Explain?

Go find the 1979 business week article about the death of equities, or the exonomist in 1999 predicting permanent $5-$10 oil.  

For those afraid of 08-09 crash, business failings only hit a 16 year high, pretty fucking good for a major recession.  
LESSON OF THE STORY:  Shit happens, Cycles Happen, and perpetually routing for an economic collapse just to satisfy your ego is borderline sociopathic.

Eta:  some of you should talk to some people I know who have been wrong in hilarious ways Dr Ravi Batra and his book about the coming economic collapse of 1990 among the places to start.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 11:06:05 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
You have to remember that the tone of the thread was set by a self-professed market guru proclaiming that the markets were going to collapse last Monday.

I know that some of you take criticism of doomers personally, but get over yourselves. That was some funny shit and worthy of ridicule.
View Quote

Roger that.

However, there's been 12 pages of discussion since then -- some of it good, some it more of the same.

I fail to see how calling a top when we're at or near all time highs equates to "doom".  If someone else has called for "collapse" (I haven't read all 12 pages) that's on them -- I simply have not.

This market is clearly not driven by fundamentals, which is concerning considering its current valuations.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 11:10:01 AM EDT
[#20]
Folks that are terrified or even overly concerned about market upheaval probably shouldn't be in the market to begin with...

Diversify.  Hold some tangible assets.  Keep enough cash on hand to weather these market squalls. In fact if you're wise you'll keep enough liquid or semi-liquid assets to weather a market hurricane.

Finally.....these types of blips, when they happen, often create buying opportunities.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 11:11:21 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 11:33:50 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Roger that.

However, there's been 12 pages of discussion since then -- some of it good, some it more of the same.

I fail to see how calling a top when we're at or near all time highs equates to "doom".  If someone else has called for "collapse" (I haven't read all 12 pages) that's on them -- I simply have not.

This market is clearly not driven by fundamentals, which is concerning considering its current valuations.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Roger that.

There is a LOT of funny math in the market right now, however:

There's also a lot of genuine business growth. This growth, in my opinion, happened in spite of Obama. In 2008, we learned to get more done with less. We (US Business) refined processes, we invested in training for key personnel, we learned to leverage offshore opportunities for menial work. We cut costs and maintained productivity in a very difficult environment. We worked a lot of fucking hours.

2008 taught my generations' management graphically that shit happens. We learned productive paranoia. We learned to build cash buffers and we learned to test new initiatives carefully before committing. We learned that hiring one GREAT employee offsets 5 average employees.

We learned that there's no such thing as being underemployed. The market is a pretty good indicator of your personal worth.

All these things are genuinely helping the US Economy, far more than any bullshit that's coming from government.

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 11:57:41 AM EDT
[#23]
DOW is down 42 points!!!!!

panic?  
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 12:16:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Explain?

Exactly, and it was a failed breakout on terrible volume.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 5:03:03 PM EDT
[#25]
After careful computation, my net worth is down 0.000391% since market open.

It's a good thing there is a bridge nearby to jump off if this express train to hell continues.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 5:06:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
After careful computation, my net worth is down 0.000391% since market open.

It's a good thing there is a bridge nearby to jump off if this express train to hell continues.
View Quote

You're doing better than me my friend. Schwab says I'm at for the day... It really is the end of times..
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 5:08:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 5:12:08 PM EDT
[#28]
I hope this thread goes for 100 pages.

All of which involve the market going up and people badgering the OP.

Then I hope the market makes a correction (to a higher level than last week) and the OP comes back and says "I told you so".
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 5:29:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Sure do. Only because it makes no sense. Nothing does anymore.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I predict the DOW will go up a couple of hundred points on Monday.  

Greece is going to default and you think the market is going to rise that much?

Sure do. Only because it makes no sense. Nothing does anymore.

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 5:31:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 5:37:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
WEEK 2 of the Market Collapse 2.0

I cannot believe it was only ten days ago that the DOW was at 17,946.  

With the DOW now completely collapsed to 17,683, it seems so far away.  I cannot even imagine how (of even if) we will ever see those exuberant highs again.  
View Quote

Had to cook Saturday's meal over an outdoor fire. Slept with the sounds of artillery detonations nearby. Grim times.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 5:49:50 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

This market has been a fairy tale for a long time, supported by borrowed money, buybacks, HFT computers and the FED.

If you believe in go for it, but when the real selling starts Katie bar the door.
View Quote

Mostly the FED. They own the market.

Link Posted: 7/7/2015 7:37:27 AM EDT
[#33]
It will be funny to see who is swimming naked here when the tide rolls out.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 10:30:39 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 10:38:04 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
The market will not crash while Obunghole is in office. Feb. 2017 is when to start watching it.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 10:39:07 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Will that be happening in six months?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Swimming naked? Will there be artificial krab meat?
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 10:40:33 AM EDT
[#37]
I made back my .001% lost in yesterdays down turn... I can breathe easy....for now.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 10:45:55 AM EDT
[#38]
Down 1% today! THE END® is nigh.

Link Posted: 7/7/2015 10:47:51 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Down 1% today! THE END® is nigh.

View Quote

Are you buying yet?
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 10:52:48 AM EDT
[#40]
Warren Buffett just donated $2.8 billion to 5 foundations

Business Insider

Coincidence?

I think not.

He knows we're all about die!

Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:05:23 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A year...really...mark my words...
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:10:09 AM EDT
[#42]
Where is OP?
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:14:50 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Where is OP?
View Quote

DOW -156  ...still a long way to go to 10,000 as OP predicted.  I think we will be waiting for awhile.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:20:36 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:27:46 AM EDT
[#45]
Three words: Money Market Fund
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:33:24 AM EDT
[#46]
ITS HAPPENING!!!

Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:35:04 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

View Quote

LOL... Read this weekend that Greece has roughly the same GDP as Connecticut.  Do you have any idea how little commerce Connecticut has compared to the rest of the United States?

Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:40:41 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Greek talks have failed, EU is scrambling to do damage control

This is going to be bad.

I predict DOW goes to 10,000 minimum

I hope everyone sold all their stocks on Friday
View Quote
Swing and a miss! You should work for the Feds.

Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:45:32 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

DOW -156  ...still a long way to go to 10,000 as OP predicted.  I think we will be waiting for awhile.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Where is OP?

Market trend is down. We are close to entering bear markets.

Key levels to watch are 200 on SPY. If it breaks that level then look out below
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 12:18:25 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

LOL... Read this weekend that Greece has roughly the same GDP as Connecticut.  Do you have any idea how little commerce Connecticut has compared to the rest of the United States?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where did I say this has anything to do with Greece?
Page / 131
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top