[#1]
FO time yet
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 1:21:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
FO time yet
View Quote

If you're still wondering whether to FO or not, you're late.

It's a fucking MARKET COLLAPSE! You best be panicking!
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 7:30:26 PM EDT
[#3]
This is fun and I cant wait for the deer in headlights.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 7:34:42 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

This is fun and I cant wait for the deer in headlights.
View Quote

Spotlighting a deer is illegal in Ohio.  Although if Market Collapse 2.0 gets any worse, I'll be forced to show disregard for the laws set in place by the Ohio DNR in order to feed my family.  

Today I was forced to use generic steak sauce on my hamburgers because I was out of A1.  I could have driven to Krogers and gotten more, but I'm afraid of gasoline rationing.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 8:18:14 AM EDT
[#5]
It really must have hit the fan.  I kept hearing random  gun shots and explosions all night.   I don't know much more than that as I have learned right here on ARF that when the end of the world comes I get my rifle and my dog and get in the bathtub.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 9:08:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Day 6
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 9:10:24 AM EDT
[#7]
If this apocalypse gets any worse I'm going to stoop to buying my sportswear off the rack at TJ Maxx instead of from a proper outfitter. It'll hurt, but I can't be frivolous in the face of these hard times.

I really have come to respect the rugged individualism of my forefathers. I'm trying to show the same grit.

Is Chipotle open on the holiday weekend? I haven't tried the new tofu stuff.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 10:04:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Greece suffers worst olive harvest in 55 years...
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 10:19:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 10:41:03 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View Quote
NATO will dissolve any day now.

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:58:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:01:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
DAY 6 of the Market Collapse 2.0

The situation is now so dire that we are reduced to primitively cooking food over a fire outside.  

View Quote

I've heard the food shortage is so acute, people are grinding up pig offal and liquefying it, squirting it into plastic tubing, flash steaming it, and then cooking it over clay and sawdust compressed into "briquettes".  What's next, ersatz coffee?  
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:06:41 PM EDT
[#13]
I sold Apple and bought Lowes last week.

This market isn't collapsing yet. When it does I will not sell, I will buy more and stay in.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:21:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I sold Apple and bought Lowes last week.

This market isn't collapsing yet. When it does I will not sell, I will buy more and stay in.
View Quote

I bought last monday. Made a couple of percent.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 4:39:14 PM EDT
[#15]
I predict -16,000 tomorrow.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 4:46:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

The situation is now so dire that we are reduced to primitively cooking food over a fire outside.  

View Quote

Day 6 diary entry:

I heard wolves howling in the distance and a bear near my tent. I tapped out.

GR
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 4:49:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Pigeons and snow coffe, eh?
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 4:57:03 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I love snow coffee but I dont have any snow that is how bad it is here I have to make it with water from the toilet
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 4:58:59 PM EDT
[#19]
I ran my Honda generator in the bathtub like that I Am Legend documentary, and it killed my dog. RIP zombie dog. the shit has hit the fan.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 4:59:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Burgers and dogs for dinner?
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 5:50:08 PM EDT
[#21]
We have complacency, to point that most people laugh and make fun of a collapse.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 6:03:33 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

We have complacency, to point that most people laugh and make fun of a collapse.
View Quote
When a large and politically dominant portion of society builds an economic house of cards in an earthquake prone locale, you can hardly blame the unwashed masses for their schadenfreude when it all comes down.

Relatively speaking, I'm poor. Fuck 'em.

Link Posted: 7/5/2015 6:12:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Are they turning elderly Greeks into soylent green yet?
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 6:15:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Greece votes NO!!

Pre-Market Data is at -252 right now.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/17689937
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 6:30:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Greece votes NO!!

View Quote

I wouldn't waste my breath talking to the mocking fools in this thread.  It's as if the people with the condescending attitudes in here somehow didn't live through 2007-2009 -- it's amazing.

This Greece situation could easily end up being a Lehman 2.0 moment and then some.

It usually takes time to establish a market trend and we are likely at or near the top.  We'll know with some certainty in about 6 months or so after we've put in some lower highs and lower lows.

My bet is that the top is in.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 6:37:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Are they turning elderly Greeks into soylent green yet?
View Quote

A big part of their problem is they think the Germans and French ought to turn themselves into Soylent on the Greeks behalf.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 6:44:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 6:54:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Hope it drops big Monday, I just made my 529 contribution which should get invested at Monday's close.  This particular sky has been falling for years, it's not going to be a big deal.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 7:30:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I wouldn't waste my breath talking to the mocking fools in this thread.  It's as if the people with the condescending attitudes in here somehow didn't live through 2007-2009 -- it's amazing.

This Greece situation could easily end up being a Lehman 2.0 moment and then some.

It usually takes time to establish a market trend and we are likely at or near the top.  We'll know with some certainty in about 6 months or so after we've put in some lower highs and lower lows.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Greece votes NO!!

Your username is hilarious when combined with your post.  I "lived through" the 2008 crash, I loved every fucking minute of it.  While the panicked morons were selling, selling, selling, I was buying, buying, buying.  The individual stocks and funds I bought then have performed superbly ever since.  I'd love to see another 40% drop, no shit, I would love it.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 7:47:30 PM EDT
[#30]
I love when I read how people say they were buying while the morons were selling. But I doubt 10% of them were buying.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 7:53:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I love when I read how people say they were buying while the morons were selling. But I doubt 10% of them were buying.
View Quote

You want to see my portfolio and history?

I didn't buy at the absolute bottom, but I bought more stocks/funds in 2008 than I have in any year since.  I was deployed, just like I am now, and the normal annual limits on 401K type investments don't count when you are deployed.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 7:54:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I'd love to see another 40% drop, no shit, I would love it.
View Quote

We won't get a 40% drop from Greece, although I am perfectly positioned for it right now (unlike 2007).

However, while the world's attention is focused on Greece, it's a good time to look around and see what sleight of hand is happening elsewhere, like China.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 8:26:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

How do your neighbors taste?  Using garlic?
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 9:06:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Greece votes NO!!

Greece just isn't that important. Most states have a bigger economy than Greece.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 10:25:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Greece votes NO!!

I made money in the market during and as a result of that period. Sorry to disappoint, low post count doomer person. I'd be willing to bet I won't report a net loss on this year's taxes too.  Hell, I recently sent my Q2 payment, and it was depressingly large.

I have a nice chunk of cash ready to buy if there is a significant downturn.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 10:50:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

"Greeks protest via work and productivity slowdown"
"Demand concessions before resuming normal activities"
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 10:58:44 PM EDT
[#37]

Potter's not selling , he's buying
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 11:08:22 PM EDT
[#38]
It's happening... just got home from the store. My wife's favorite Greek yogurt was nowhere to be found. The highschool looking stockboy said there was more in the back if we would like him to get it. We bought all they had all 39 cases of it. Peak Greek yogurt. The price will skyrocket and we will sell or trade it on eBay for other tangible supplies like gold, .22lr or bean soup, no paper money tho that shit won't be worth the ink and paper it's printed on.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 11:10:58 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
It's happening... just got home from the store. My wife's favorite Greek yogurt was nowhere to be found. The highschool looking stockboy said there was more in the back if we would like him to get it. We bought all they had all 39 cases of it. Peak Greek yogurt. The price will skyrocket and we will sell or trade it on eBay for other tangible supplies like gold, .22lr or bean soup, no paper money tho that shit won't be worth the ink and paper it's printed on.
View Quote

Your genius
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 11:32:42 PM EDT
[#40]
Greece headlines will fade by midweek just like Ebola faded.

Markets will begin to focus on corporate earnings and further
takeovers.  

Oh did you know in Greece you can't buy pain releaf
medicine anywhere but a pharmacy?  If they're closed
and you need Advil, Tylenol your plumb out of luck.
Gas stations, grocery stores CANT sell it.   That there is
some real wisdom for you.   Oh did I mention 29%
unemployment rate.

If I were Prez of US,  I'd offer Greece to become the 51st state
and add their debt to ours.   We'd get a nice place to vacation without a
passport and they'd have an injection of Democracy!
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 11:39:40 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Oh did you know in Greece you can't buy pain releaf
medicine anywhere but a pharmacy?  If they're closed
and you need Advil, Tylenol your plumb out of luck.
Gas stations, grocery stores CANT sell it.   That there is
some real wisdom for you.  
View Quote

you know how i know you have never been to Greece?

ar-jedi
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 11:40:28 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

No.  We want people who are willing to work for the American dream.  We don't need any more FSA who continually vote themselves entitlements..... we have enough of that here already.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 12:11:57 AM EDT
[#43]
What are we buying tomorrow?

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 12:26:30 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

No.  We want people who are willing to work for the American dream.  We don't need any more FSA who continually vote themselves entitlements..... we have enough of that here already.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

well, maybe we could work something out so we can make Santorini and Mykonos the 51st and 52nd states?

ar-jedi

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 8:16:12 AM EDT
[#45]
Maybe there was some confusion and this is the Monday the market will collapse.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 8:17:32 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

well, maybe we could work something out so we can make Santorini and Mykonos the 51st and 52nd states?

ar-jedi

http://world-visits.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Santorini-Greece-3.jpg

http://www.myconianimperial.gr/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/mykonos.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ar-jedi

http://world-visits.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Santorini-Greece-3.jpg

http://www.myconianimperial.gr/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/mykonos.jpg

Isn't Mykonos the gay island? Maybe they can elect for self-exile?
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 8:36:30 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

I just bought a tanker load of grease... prosperity, here I come!

Oh wait...  
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 8:37:08 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

DAY 4 of the Market Collapse 2.0

Worried about a bank run, I got $30k out in cash from the bank today.  Will it be enough to get me through the weekend?  I hope so, but there's no way to be sure.  Everything is so chaotic now.

Earlier today, my wife and I noticed a suspicious man in our back yard.  Was he here to break in and steal our precious wine, cheese and pate?  We were screwing the suppressors on our rifles and duct taping trauma plates to each other when we realized he was the landscaper we recently hired. Crisis averted ........ for now.  

If anyone is still alive out there, I hope my transmissions provide some solace.  Some of us are still fighting, and hope to rebuild the world eventually!

Stay strong!

View Quote

Coffee came out my nose at the duct tape comment.... Lol.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 8:47:04 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 8:49:14 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 131
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top