Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 102
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 3:08:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Explain why it is acceptable to violate the safety rules, and advocate sloppy weapons handling.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You don't seem to be any kind of professional besides a SSW. You do not have a grasp on spring behavior, ethics-vs-morals or gender sciences.  You seem to be a product of the new common core philosophy of "everything we don't like is wrong". Pics in this thread have made you angry and I'd like to discover the root cause of your disorder.

Explain why it is acceptable to violate the safety rules, and advocate sloppy weapons handling.

I haven't advocated anything in this thread.  I've only asked you to give us details about your disorder.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 3:16:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Oh man I've got to get in on this.  OP, how does this picture make you feel?

http://i.imgur.com/7CBvcHp.jpg

That's a Colt M16, mag inserted, 4 position selector in the 4th position, Colt M203 and finger on both triggers.  I crave your liberal, social safety warrior tears.
View Quote

That sounds like advocate.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 3:17:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Your statist SSW tactics won't work on me.  I don't try to enforce my opinions on others.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's a Colt M16, mag inserted, 4 position selector in the 4th position, Colt M203 and finger on both triggers.  I crave your liberal, social safety warrior tears.

Pretty lady.

This has nothing to do with being liberal. It has to do with not being a dumbass and following simple safety rules that prevent things and people from getting shot that shouldn't be shot.

Your statist SSW tactics won't work on me.  I don't try to enforce my opinions on others.

Statist?!?

If you want to be an undisciplined, unprofessional, amateur, that's on you. I'm not advocating a law now am I? That would be a statist. I'm advocating safe weapons handling, probably due to the fact I've handled weapons in a professional environment for 15 years.

So, you have fun being undisciplined. Hopefully you don't kill anyone.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 3:20:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I explained the picture so he didn't miss anything.  Then I asked him how it made him feel.  How is that an advocate?
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 3:21:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Statist?!?

If you want to be an undisciplined, unprofessional, amateur, that's on you. I'm not advocating a law now am I? That would be a statist. I'm advocating safe weapons handling, probably due to the fact I've handled weapons in a professional environment for 15 years.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty lady.

This has nothing to do with being liberal. It has to do with not being a dumbass and following simple safety rules that prevent things and people from getting shot that shouldn't be shot.

Statist?!?

The real question is, do you think I'm involved in the pic I posted?
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 3:22:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have no way of knowing that, but you seemed to know a lot of details about the weapon so I'd assume so.

But no, the real question is why do you advocate unprofessional and undisciplined weapons handling?
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 3:25:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I have no way of knowing that, but you seemed to know a lot of details about the weapon so I'd assume so.

But no, the real question is why do you advocate unprofessional and undisciplined weapons handling?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You don't seem to grasp what the word advocate means.

verb (used with object), advocated, advocating.
to speak or write in favor of; support or urge by argument; recommend publicly:
He advocated higher salaries for teachers.

I have done no such thing.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 3:27:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

verb (used with object), advocated, advocating.
to speak or write in favor of; support or urge by argument; recommend publicly:
He advocated higher salaries for teachers.

You post a pic of undisciplined weapons handling, and say you disagree with using the safety like OP is advocating. Therefore you advocate for sloppy and undisciplined weapons handling.

So, why do you advocate unprofessional and undisciplined weapons handling?
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 3:28:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty lady.

Statist?!?

Who cares?

Link Posted: 8/29/2015 3:52:29 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm just here for the Pelosi memes.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 4:26:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Who cares?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty lady.

Statist?!?

Who cares?

Apparently just emotional social safety warriors.

Link Posted: 8/29/2015 4:28:13 PM EDT
[#12]
How edgy of you LHD.

I don't know what an ARFCOM hipster would look like or how they would act but if I had to guess it would be exactly like LHD
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 4:32:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
How edgy of you LHD.

I don't know what an ARFCOM hipster would look like or how they would act but if I had to guess it would be exactly like LHD
View Quote

You don't seem to understand what edgy means. I've merely asked for a reason for his behavior.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 4:36:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ow man, you cut me with that edge.

You sound like a pubescent kid who's trying to stick it to his parents by being an insufferable contrarian because he wants to be different for the sake of being different.

If you put your finger on the trigger before you're ready to fire, you're a fucking retard. If you flag people with your muzzle, you're a fucking douche. If you're intentionally breaking safety rules in order to be edgy and cool while you endanger people's lives, you're a fucking cunt, and you should go fuck yourself.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 4:36:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

You don't seem to understand what edgy means. I've merely asked for a reason for his behavior.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How edgy of you LHD.

You don't seem to know how to read because he laid everything out for you in the safety thread.

But dont allow me to stop you from continuing you head first plunge into the shallow end of the pool.

Link Posted: 8/29/2015 4:36:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How edgy of you LHD.

It was sarcasm. You're not edgy at all, and a pretty shitty troll too.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 4:40:46 PM EDT
[#17]
I just love how every. single. day. someone comes sprinting in here after reading the first page with the "gotcha games" and the arguments against being safe. You'd have thought OP was asking them to bury their rifle 10ft deep in concrete in the name of safety. Instead he just advocates flipping the safety to safe.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 4:43:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
How edgy of you LHD.

There's only one troll here and he's upset about pictures he sees on the internet.  The real question why he's garnered so many followers.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 4:44:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

There's only one troll here and he's upset about pictures he sees on the internet.  The real question why he's garnered so many followers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
How edgy of you LHD.

Why do you think?
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 4:46:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Why do you think?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
How edgy of you LHD.

Why do you think?

I don't have a clue.  Why don't you tell me?
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 4:50:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

You sound like a pubescent kid who's trying to stick it to his parents by being an insufferable contrarian because he wants to be different for the sake of being different.

If you put your finger on the trigger before you're ready to fire, you're a fucking retard. If you flag people with your muzzle, you're a fucking douche. If you're intentionally breaking safety rules in order to be edgy and cool while you endanger people's lives, you're a fucking cunt, and you should go fuck yourself.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow.  Do you get so easily emotionally compromised about all the pictures you see on the internet?  What is my involvement with the picture I posted?
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 4:50:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
How edgy of you LHD.

Why? Because he's right lol. There's no good reason to have a weapon off safe unless you're about to shoot. There's a rash of ND's among gun owners, and the antis use them against us every time. Don't give them reason to. Don't put other people at risk needlessly. Don't be an undisciplined idiot.

Simple.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 4:51:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

You don't seem to know how to read because he laid everything out for you in the safety thread.

But dont allow me to stop you from continuing you head first plunge into the shallow end of the pool.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
How edgy of you LHD.

I'm asking questions and you're getting upset.  Why do questions bother you so much?
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 4:54:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I'm asking questions and you're getting upset.  Why do questions bother you so much?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
How edgy of you LHD.

Because they are a weak attempt at a "gotcha"

Tell me why you would take your weapon off safe without intending to shoot. Remember, we're talking AR's specifically here and not weapons that require you to take off safe to work the action or weapons that don't have a safety.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 4:55:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

You don't have a clue why people are on board with OPs desire to have everyone engage their safety?

Think hard now...you can do it...
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 4:56:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Wow.  Do you get so easily emotionally compromised about all the pictures you see on the internet?  What is my involvement with the picture I posted?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who said the latter half of my comment was about your picture? I was making general statements regarding firearms safety, and the people who do not follow it.

Considering your knowledge of the picture posted, as well as your posting of it and statement about how you're posting it to get a rise out of people, it shows too me that you're being an edgy contrarian -- most likely because you do not like the way that the OP presented his argument.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 4:56:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
How edgy of you LHD.

lol

You're terrible at this.

Quit projecting.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 4:56:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Why? Because he's right lol. There's no good reason to have a weapon off safe unless you're about to shoot. There's a rash of ND's among gun owners, and the antis use them against us every time. Don't give them reason to. Don't put other people at risk needlessly. Don't be an undisciplined idiot.

Simple.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
How edgy of you LHD.

Simple.

That sounds pretty absolute.  You're saying there is only one way to make a rifle safe? That everyone who doesn't do it that way is an undisciplined idiot? Even those with french rifles that don't have a capability to meet such a requirement? Even those who've just chambered a snap cap to practice dry firing a rifle that isn't safe to do so otherwise?
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 4:58:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

That sounds pretty absolute.  You're saying there is only one way to make a rifle safe? That everyone who doesn't do it that way is an undisciplined idiot? Even those with french rifles that don't have a capability to meet such a requirement? Even those who've just chambered a snap cap to practice dry firing a rifle that isn't safe to do so otherwise?
View Quote

Tell me why you would take your weapon off safe without intending to shoot. Remember, we're talking AR's specifically here and not weapons that require you to take off safe to work the action or weapons that don't have a safety.

ETA- if you would have read the thread you'd know that dry fire has already been covered.

Next.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 5:00:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Seriously?

We literally discussed this 1-2 pages ago.

Link Posted: 8/29/2015 5:03:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

You don't have a clue why people are on board with OPs desire to have everyone engage their safety?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

OP has employed troll tactics from the first post.  I like to make my own decisions based on the facts which may agree with the OP.  I post some questions and his goon squad shows up to bully me into agreement regardless of my stance.  Questions are bad apparently.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 5:04:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Who said the latter half of my comment was about your picture? I was making general statements regarding firearms safety, and the people who do not follow it.

Considering your knowledge of the picture posted, as well as your posting of it and statement about how you're posting it to get a rise out of people, it shows too me that you're being an edgy contrarian -- most likely because you do not like the way that the OP presented his argument.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't understand how a simple picture could whip this forum into such a froth.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 5:06:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

OP has employed troll tactics from the first post.  I like to make my own decisions based on the facts which may agree with the OP.  I post some questions and his goon squad shows up to bully me into agreement regardless of my stance.  Questions are bad apparently.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So, like we all knew, you're just ass-hurt because OP stated his argument in a way that rustled your feathers. Thanks for making it official.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 5:06:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

lol

You're terrible at this.

Quit projecting.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
How edgy of you LHD.

lol

You're terrible at this.

Quit projecting.

I'm not the one projecting here.  
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 5:06:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"There are no dumb questions, only dumb people who ask questions"

Goon squad? Because we advocate using a safety? In my experiences safety violators are dealt with harshly. Sorry if that offends you (but not really).

"I like to make my own decisions which may agree with the OP"

ok. so you agree with the OP you just don't like his delivery, which most of us find hilarious- which is good, because it's actually got people thinking on safety. Now, feel free to stop trolling. You made your point that the OP offended you or hurt your feelings.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 5:06:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I don't understand how a simple picture could whip this forum into such a froth.
View Quote

Did you read the thread, or just read the first page and post a comment?
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 5:07:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because it's stupid and makes all gun owners look bad, aside from being unsafe.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 5:08:05 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

So, like we all knew, you're just ass-hurt because OP stated his argument in a way that rustled your feathers. Thanks for making it official.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not the one who's booty blasted here. I'm the one asking why someone would get so bent out of shape about pictures on the internet.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 5:08:43 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I'm not the one who's booty blasted here. I'm the one asking why someone would get so bent out of shape about pictures on the internet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

*yawn* because it's already been covered.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 5:08:54 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Poor, poor pitiful you.

OP has humor. Some like it some don't. That doesn't change the fact he is correct.

You knew exactly what you were doing and simply asking questions in order to draw your own conclusion wasn't it. Not to mention had you read the thread all your questions would have been answered. Saving you the anguish.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 5:09:34 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you might as well get angry about it?
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 5:13:20 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Poor, poor pitiful you.

OP has humor. Some like it some don't. That doesn't change the fact he is correct.

You knew exactly what you were doing and simply asking questions in order to draw your own conclusion wasn't it. Not to mention had you read the thread all your questions would have been answered. Saving you the anguish.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Poor, poor pitiful you.

There is no requirement to read all the replies in a troll thread. Rusted_Ace has proved that many times. I don't let people control my emotions with pictures posted on the internet. Even the OCT'est picture couldn't do that.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 5:13:24 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

You think I'm angry?

People making fools of themselves don't make me angry. Now, if you handled that M-16 around me or my family like what's depicted in that photo then I'd be angry.

Seriously, you're the worst troll ever.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 5:15:20 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
There is no requirement to read all the replies in a troll thread. Rusted_Ace has proved that many times. I don't let people control my emotions with pictures posted on the internet. Even the OCT'est picture couldn't do that.
View Quote

Then what compelled you to post your original reply? Why did you state that you didn't like the way OP presented his arguments (which obviously made you upset)?

If OP isn't controlling your emotions, then why did you even post?

ETA: And this isn't a troll thread. The reason why people are telling you to read through the entire thread is because all of the arguments you're trying to make have already been made.

This is a thread that's teaching people about the importance of safe firearms handling -- particularly with an AR. OP intentionally presented his arguments in a way that would upset people so that they would be compelled to post, so that their arguments could be debunked, and as a result the thread would continue to get replies and more people would be able to receive the message.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 5:16:06 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Poor, poor pitiful you.

Unfortunately, you are correct, there is no requirement.

But apparently R_A and Mister H have touched a nerve...better get those emotions in check.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 5:17:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Then what compelled you to post your original reply? Why did you state that you didn't like the way OP presented his arguments (which obviously made you upset)?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dude thinks this is a troll thread just because he got butthurt about the delivery. lol.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 5:31:53 PM EDT
[#47]
My turn:

LHD  [Team Member]

11/24/2004 11:45:31 AM EDT

Quoted:

Quoted:
[

Where the hell did this happen?

In Herndon, guy was showing off his Desert Eagle to some bozo at his house and I suspect he liked to keep it hammer down on a loaded chamber. So in lowering the hamer it goes off. He is in his bedrrom on the 3rd floor of his townhouse (my row of townhouses backs his) bullet goes through his exterior wall, across the common area behind the townhouse through my exterior wall, through the tile in the shower , through the glass shower door shattering it, through the bathroom wall into the bedroom across over our bed about 1 foot above our heads and bullet loged itself in the stud of our exterior wall.  

He would have had a 733 grain answer to that question as fast as I could work the bolt. That is rediculous.

So you'll return fire (deadly force) for a Desert Eagle ND but see no problem negligently handling an AR (or M-16)?  Whose the troll?
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 5:37:42 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

You think I'm angry?

People making fools of themselves don't make me angry. Now, if you handled that M-16 around me or my family like what's depicted in that photo then I'd be angry.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You think I'm angry?

Why would you simply rely on a mechanical safety? Why not have the bolt held open with a clear view of the chamber? To say the safety has to be on to make the rifle safe seems short sighted.

Don't let me stop you from calling me names though. I do enjoy it.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 5:40:01 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Why would you simply rely on a mechanical safety? Why not have the bolt held open with a clear view of the chamber? To say the safety has to be on to make the rifle safe seems short sighted.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You think I'm angry?

I don't JUST rely on it. It's another layer. You'd know that if you read the thread. I'm not calling you names. I'm saying you're acting like a fool. Which you are.

Answer the question: Tell me why you would take your weapon off safe without intending to shoot. Remember, we're talking AR's specifically here and not weapons that require you to take off safe to work the action or weapons that don't have a safety.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 5:40:10 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You think I'm angry?

You still didn't read the thread.
Page / 102
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top