Page / 102
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 2:29:35 PM EDT
[#1]
For page 70

Link Posted: 8/1/2015 2:30:21 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Okay, I see how important you consider actual DEBATE to be.  I've never placed anyone on 'ignore' before, you you certainly do tempt.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

(Self-important, grandiose posturing.)

Okay, I see how important you consider actual DEBATE to be.  I've never placed anyone on 'ignore' before, you you certainly do tempt.
Do it.

I'll take it as a sign of cognitive dissonance between what you THINK is safe, and what you subconsciously KNOW is safe, and your frustration and desire to put me on ignore is spawned from knowing you're wrong and not being willing or able to articulate it.

ETA- You've showcased your ideology, that safety is debatable.

This is a safety discussion, Notice that safe shooters are discussing safety.  Only safety violators are trying to debate against safety.

Link Posted: 8/1/2015 2:33:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Quick question, what if the rifle is "shotgunned" with the bolt carrier in my hand?  Do I put the safety on?  Do I call out, "No brass, No ammo."?  Who will "rod" me off range?  
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 2:35:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quick question, what if the rifle is "shotgunned" with the bolt carrier in my hand?  Do I put the safety on?  Do I call out, "No brass, No ammo."?  Who will "rod" me off range?  
View Quote

Yes.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 2:47:13 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Yes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes.
But who will "rod" me off range?

Link Posted: 8/1/2015 2:50:04 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes.
It's 2015, we're all open minded adults, you can rod yourself.

Link Posted: 8/1/2015 2:51:51 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hey now, don't you heterocage me with your micro aggressions.

Link Posted: 8/1/2015 3:32:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

"I've always been an undisciplined swine and haven't killed anyone yet, so I'm going to continue being an undisciplined swine"

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd do buddy rushes with him any time..

Well if you do buddy rushes that is different. You are obviously operator as fuck.

I only brought up Stoner because somebody made a point of mentioned "Stoner put the safety on the rifle for a REASON" and therefore Stoner is obviously "all knowing" when it comes to safe firearms handling. Now I learn he was just a FOS poser.

The handful of military guys you're arguing with aren't "operator as fuck". We're disciplined, experienced, and use common sense when handling something that can kill you.

Simple.

Make fun all you want, but you should take my post above to heart.

On that note, when I shoot with the people I shoot with, it's not exactly an Iraqi wedding either. In fact, in about 30 years of shooting...never once had a ND and I've never seen anyone have a ND on the range. But we are using wizardry so maybe that example doesn't count.

"I've always been an undisciplined swine and haven't killed anyone yet, so I'm going to continue being an undisciplined swine"

"I've been driving drunk every Saturday night for thutty years and I ain't never killed nobody."
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 3:34:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I bet none of these people have ever stepped foot onto a scene with a MWAG call, or anything remotely HSLD, yet want to lecture others on what's safe, and weapons safety.

When you do that operators, let me know, and I'll dial 0 to talk to you.
View Quote

You realize the people you're arguing with are mostly infantry vets with significant combat time, right?
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 3:42:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Dropping the hammer during clearing procedures is neither sloppy nor a habit.  "Habit" implies something done without thought, and I don't snap the hammer without much thought ahead of time.  

There is no tangible benefit to racking a firearm without dropping the hammer.  What's the difference?  Either way, it's just going to sit there on the rack.  Either way, it's harmless.  Tempest, meet teapot.  At least when the bolt is closed, I know that no dust is going to gather on the wet internals.  

If the weapon has been cleared, how is a negligent discharge even possible?  Unless you're not actually clearing it, but just going through the motions.  If that's the case, you shouldn't even own a firearm.  Please send them all to me for proper disposal.

Thank you for complying.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dropping the hammer during clearing procedures is a sloppy habit.  

There is no tangible benefit to dropping the hammer.

Additionally, dropping the hammer introduces the potential to experience a negligent discharge. Don't do it.

Thank you for complying.

Dropping the hammer during clearing procedures is neither sloppy nor a habit.  "Habit" implies something done without thought, and I don't snap the hammer without much thought ahead of time.  

There is no tangible benefit to racking a firearm without dropping the hammer.  What's the difference?  Either way, it's just going to sit there on the rack.  Either way, it's harmless.  Tempest, meet teapot.  At least when the bolt is closed, I know that no dust is going to gather on the wet internals.  

If the weapon has been cleared, how is a negligent discharge even possible?  Unless you're not actually clearing it, but just going through the motions.  If that's the case, you shouldn't even own a firearm.  Please send them all to me for proper disposal.

Thank you for complying.

Demonstrably false.

If your safety plan is "I am going to do dangerous things for no reason because I assume I will not do another set of dangerous things first, and I am always going to be absolutely %100 perfect and without error." then your safety plan sucks.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 10:08:14 PM EDT
[#11]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe I'm missing something, but none of my ARs will move from FIRE to SAFE if the bolt is locked back.  I thought this was the norm.

Actually I just checked my go to AR, and I CAN manipulate the safety with the bolt locked back.  I really feel like one of my other ARs doesn't do this though.

http://s18.postimg.org/8teuitdmh/nan.jpg

If you really knew what you were talking about, you would understand why this is a possibility (but not normal) with stock, unmodified GI triggers.  
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 11:52:19 PM EDT
[#12]
What if I have an assembled lower, with no upper attached, do I cock the hammer and put it on safe?
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 12:07:07 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

What if I have an assembled lower, with no upper attached, do I cock the hammer and put it on safe?
View Quote
Did you not find the answer in the thread?

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 12:09:17 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Come on Madcap I ain't reading 70 pages.

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 12:21:20 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Another question.. so is dry firing a safety violation?

Nope.. because you intent to pull the trigger, same with me unloading my rifle.
View Quote

We've been over this.  But I understand it's a big thread.

Dry firing is exactly like firing, just without ammo.
All the same rules apply, along with one additional rule: Allow no live ammunition near the practice area.

If it's practical to clear the entire room of live ammo, then do that.  Otherwise, at least have no live ammo within your immediate reach.  If you're using mags, pouches, etc, make sure everything is clear of ammo before beginning.

If you don't have time to clear the area of live ammo, then you don't have time to dry fire practice.  Period.

Now, when you drop the hammer during your unsafe storage procedures, are you practicing?  No.  And what's the first rule?  All firearms are always loaded.  You have just placed a firearm down, off safe.  When you leave and return, you're going to be picking up what you will assume is a loaded weapon.  Which is off safe.

It's a violation to handle the AR off safe when you're not ready to fire.  So at some point and for some duration, you're habdling the weapon unsafely.

Moreover, there's nothing to be gained.  What benefit is there in dropping the hammer?  None.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 12:35:00 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Yes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes.

Dropping the hammer without anything to catch it on a disassembled rifle may cause damage to the bolt catch, bolt catch pin, the hammer, or may even crack the lower receiver.

I like to take care of my rifles.  Logic then dictates that the safety should be engaged until you're ready to pull the trigger.  In the case of disassembly, you should manipulate the trigger (catching the hammer by hand or with a block) to clean the fire control pocket, lubricate the pins, and inspect for any wear or damage while ensuring proper function.

But until I have a hand or block in place, and I'm ready to pull that trigger, keep the safety on.

Perhaps not a strict safety violation (it is after all only a part of a weapon, whatever the law says), but it's good practice and it prevents damage which is always good.

Not to mention, if you reassemble the rifle, you're now holding a weapon with the safety off without being ready to fire.  And that is a violation.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 12:47:19 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

In that case, where I in that situation I would ask myself what the reward for being off safe if not intentionally pulling the trigger is, and what the risk is were it unintentionally pulled.

The reward? None. The risk? Snapping the hammer in two.

Besides the obvious answers that are variations of "yea but the chances are that ______ won't happen", can you think of any benefit to having the safety off, when not intending to pull the trigger (I.E. dropping the hammer by hand for cleaning)
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 12:50:54 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Dropping the hammer without anything to catch it on a disassembled rifle may cause damage to the bolt catch, bolt catch pin, the hammer, or may even crack the lower receiver.

I like to take care of my rifles.  Logic then dictates that the safety should be engaged until you're ready to pull the trigger.  In the case of disassembly, you should manipulate the trigger (catching the hammer by hand or with a block) to clean the fire control pocket, lubricate the pins, and inspect for any wear or damage while ensuring proper function.

But until I have a hand or block in place, and I'm ready to pull that trigger, keep the safety on.

Perhaps not a strict safety violation (it is after all only a part of a weapon, whatever the law says), but it's good practice and it prevents damage which is always good.

Not to mention, if you reassemble the rifle, you're now holding a weapon with the safety off without being ready to fire.  And that is a violation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Okay, but what about my M185 cannon, it has no safety.  So say I get done cleaning the breach block and reassemble it, now what?  And we didn't get issued these.

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 1:02:53 AM EDT
[#19]
I don't know shit about artillery.

But I find it very hard to believe there's no safety.

Every Navy fire control system I've ever seen has had an "ARM" switch separate and removed from the "FIRE" switch.

I'm sure they didn't design your cannon so that somebody could accidentally bump the control panel and touch off a round.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 1:09:15 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

I don't know shit about artillery.

But I find it very hard to believe there's no safety.

Every Navy fire control system I've ever seen has had an "ARM" switch separate and removed from the "FIRE" switch.

I'm sure they didn't design your cannon so that somebody could accidentally bump the control panel and touch off a round.
View Quote
Control panel, ha your silly.  We don't need officers to fire our cannons, and no, there is no safety on them.

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 1:10:59 AM EDT
[#21]
do you see a safety?

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 1:12:47 AM EDT
[#22]
Hell, you can even finger pop the son of a bitch...

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 1:22:27 AM EDT
[#23]
So, explain what that has to do with an AR.

You fail at logic.

"Mah big cannon thing has no SAFETYYY!!!! So, therefur, since mah big cannon thingy on tracks ain't got no safety I dint need to safety mah AR!!!"
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 1:38:28 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

You fail at logic.

"Mah big cannon thing has no SAFETYYY!!!! So, therefur, since mah big cannon thingy on tracks ain't got no safety I dint need to safety mah AR!!!"
View Quote
A gun is a gun, not all have safeties.  You guys have spent 70 pages rambling on.  If I hand an AR that is shotgunned, and I have the bolt in my other hand, are you gonna freak because the selector isn't on safe?  The weapon is in a non firing state.  I'm no longer active duty, but when I was, I never saw an m16/m4 go into the arms room rack that didn't have the hammer down.  That may have changed, but I doubt it.

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 1:43:54 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
A gun is a gun, not all have safeties.  You guys have spent 70 pages rambling on.  If I hand an AR that is shotgunned, and I have the bolt in my other hand, are you gonna freak because the selector isn't on safe?  The weapon is in a non firing state.  I'm no longer active duty, but when I was, I never saw an m16/m4 go into the arms room rack that didn't have the hammer down.  That may have changed, but I doubt it.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You fail at logic.

It's actually been 70 pages of GOTCHA! games.

Are you going to get upset if I pull the bolt out of my AR and then run around with it at the ready pointing it at you? GOTCHA!

Do you think that cannon has safety procedures? I do and I bet Joe would get his shit pushed in if he broke one of them.

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 1:59:38 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDSCu9zwuyM

View Quote
You post video of something unrelated to small arms, as having "no safety" yet the video's clearly show a fuse being installed that interrupts the critical chain needed to fire the cannon, which is the same function of the safety on small arms.

What would the repercussion be to the TC, if the vehicle was parked, cannon loaded, fuse in lanyard on, everything in firing condition and everyone walked away?

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 2:02:28 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 2:14:34 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

You post video of something unrelated to small arms, as having "no safety" yet the video's clearly show a fuse being installed that interrupts the critical chain needed to fire the cannon, which is the same function of the safety on small arms.    

What would the repercussion be to the TC, if the vehicle was parked, cannon loaded, fuse in lanyard on, everything in firing condition and everyone walked away?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDSCu9zwuyM

It happens, it's called "Cease fire freeze, rear of the piece, face away from the piece."  It's an actual command, it sucks hearing because it means somebody fucked up.  The real question is how is the cannon stored.  I always closed the breach, slide the firing mechanism over and hung the lanyard on the firing mechanism.  What's even more fun is unloading it without firing it, once it's loaded.

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 2:25:24 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 2:33:53 AM EDT
[#30]
70 pages, lol
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 2:43:15 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
70 pages, lol
View Quote

I'm betting this motherfucker gets to 100.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 2:43:39 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

If you really knew what you were talking about, you would understand why this is a possibility (but not normal) with stock, unmodified GI triggers.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe I'm missing something, but none of my ARs will move from FIRE to SAFE if the bolt is locked back.  I thought this was the norm.

Actually I just checked my go to AR, and I CAN manipulate the safety with the bolt locked back.  I really feel like one of my other ARs doesn't do this though.

http://s18.postimg.org/8teuitdmh/nan.jpg

Seriously, let me know if you have an AR that won't go on safe with the bolt locked to the rear.

I'll inspect it, and help you fix it.

I care about you, and your safety.

You're welcome.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 2:44:07 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

70 pages, lol

no it won't, wanna bet?

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 2:48:40 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You fail at logic.

Different weapons have different weapons handling procedures.

Because in some instances I would carry a belt-fed in a condition which required the safety to be off, does not dictate how I carry an AR.

The correct way to handle an AR is with the safety on.

You're welcome.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 2:50:11 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
no it won't, wanna bet?  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
70 pages, lol

no it won't, wanna bet?  

Not with you. Anyone who would bet would probably be willing to post gay porn to get it locked.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 2:54:37 AM EDT
[#36]

Originally Posted By SkilletsUSMC

Not with you. Anyone who would bet would probably be willing to post gay porn to get it locked.
View Quote
Damn, Devil Dog what is wrong with you?  Never mind don't answer that, I would never post gay porn, well  maybe lesbian porn, but that's not really gay is it?

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 3:03:40 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Damn, Devil Dog what is wrong with you?  Never mind don't answer that, I would never post gay porn, well  maybe lesbian porn, but that's not really gay is it?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

So you would post porn? Walked you right into that one...

Lesbian porn is awesome; so is this thread. I'm not going to be the one who contributes to its demise...
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 3:07:10 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Lesbian porn is awesome; so is this thread. I'm not going to be the one who contributes to its demise...
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I said maybe....

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 3:13:32 AM EDT
[#39]
Only a safety violator would try to get this thread locked.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 3:17:29 AM EDT
[#40]
Oh, so you want porn?  Is this dirty enough for ya.......................

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 3:24:29 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Oh, so you want porn?  Is this dirty enough for ya.......................

http://www.surfacezero.com/g503/data/1203/AR-15a1_b.JPG

View Quote
yea, been done already.

try to come up with something new.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 3:29:21 AM EDT
[#42]
Even though it's a Nodak Spud with a fake auto sear pin milled into the receiver, it should still be on safe.

Go back to weapons safety school.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 4:17:10 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

It happens, it's called "Cease fire freeze, rear of the piece, face away from the piece."  It's an actual command, it sucks hearing because it means somebody fucked up.  The real question is how is the cannon stored.  I always closed the breach, slide the firing mechanism over and hung the lanyard on the firing mechanism.  What's even more fun is unloading it without firing it, once it's loaded.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
So, what you're inadvertently implying, is that the only reason to really leave a weapon in an unsafe condition is that something SO FUCKED UP happened that people are probably dead or dying, and the weapon in question my have to be investigated to determine fault.

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 4:20:08 AM EDT
[#44]
Finally I get to drop my ace card.

70 pages of safety violators who thought they were SO SMART with their "gotchas" never could come up with the simplest justification for taking a picture of a firearm with the safety off, as evidence of a crime.

Of course, that doesn't justify safety violations outside of that exception. But safety violators aren't smart enough to figure that out and it will be fun to see how this post is misinterpreted.

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 5:05:07 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

"Far removed from modern safety practices"

So Stoner HOLDING the rifle HE DESIGNED with the SAFETY HE PUT ON IT who took that picture about 20 years ago is NOW considered UNSAFE.

Well fuck me you got me I guess.

Personally, I think we covered all the relevant issues of gun safety decades ago. I don't believe your new "mechanical safety" rule really adds anything of serious merit to the rules of safe gun handling. It's a rule made up by safety police with nothing better to do.

Feel free to criticize Eugene Stoner for his patently UNSAFE handling of the rifle HE DESIGNED.

I bet he had ND's like 8 times a day.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But since you raised the Stoner example, here you go.

http://sadefensejournal.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/armalite6.jpg

So that's Gene with a AR rifle and his selector is on OMFG!!!!! He's an UNSAFE shooter who doesn't know shit about AR rifles.
There's finally hope for you yet.    

In your sarcasm lies your salvation.

While you THINK you're "one upping" people with your picture and sarcastic use of an old picture far removed from modern safety practices that have been built on and honed to razor sharpness, what you're ACTUALLY doing is subconsciously adopting safety science.

"Far removed from modern safety practices"

So Stoner HOLDING the rifle HE DESIGNED with the SAFETY HE PUT ON IT who took that picture about 20 years ago is NOW considered UNSAFE.

Well fuck me you got me I guess.

Personally, I think we covered all the relevant issues of gun safety decades ago. I don't believe your new "mechanical safety" rule really adds anything of serious merit to the rules of safe gun handling. It's a rule made up by safety police with nothing better to do.

Feel free to criticize Eugene Stoner for his patently UNSAFE handling of the rifle HE DESIGNED.

I bet he had ND's like 8 times a day.

Well, John Moses Browning is pretty much the God of firearms design, yet he's breaking safety rules right here. Got anyway to one-up this, safety violator?
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 5:10:20 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

A. I don't care.  B.  No special reason.  C.  Probably none whatsoever. But it amuses me, and I desperately require amusement to feel fulfilled.  I could give the same answer if asked why I prefer a 1911 in .45 ACP over a G19 in 9mm.  Or "who knows how a positraction rear end works?  It just does..."  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are consciously violating "weapons are always loaded" by treating those that are loaded and unloaded differently.

Why store hammer down? What's the benefit of pulling the trigger to store hammer down?

A. I don't care.  B.  No special reason.  C.  Probably none whatsoever. But it amuses me, and I desperately require amusement to feel fulfilled.  I could give the same answer if asked why I prefer a 1911 in .45 ACP over a G19 in 9mm.  Or "who knows how a positraction rear end works?  It just does..."  

And now we see the root of the problem for safety violators.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 5:15:25 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
ND's? None. Zero. Zip. Nada.

Mostly because I keep my finger OFF of the trigger.

I don't need a mechanical safety to save me from NDs.

More importantly this stupid "RIFLE GOES ON SAFE EVERY TIME YOUR SIGHTS LEAVE THE TARGET" is retarded.

It's just as retarded as that Condition THREE is the ONLY safe and responsible way to carry shit a bunch of idiots tried to canonize twenty years ago.

Same stupid argument.

IT MAKES YOU SAFER. IT DOESN'T TAKE THAT LONG TO CHARGE YOUR WEAPON, ONLY SECONDS.

And "scientifically" it WOULD be safer. But that doesn't mean Condition Three becomes some mandatory safety rule.

More importantly, this rule you guys are advocating as AR centric. NOBODY is going to roll their AK rifle and flip that safety between each shot just because they are transitioning from Target A to Target B and there is four feet and two seconds of time between targets. It's just an "see how cool I am" jerk off move that makes people feel like a special operator.

Seriously, "safety on" SIGHT PICTURE "safety off" FIRE "safety on" (THREE SECOND TRANSITION TO NEXT TARGET) "safety off" FIRE "safety on" (TWO SECOND TRANSITION TO NEXT TARGET) "safety off" FIRE "safety on" (MOVE TWO FEET TO NEXT TARGET GROUP) "safety off" FIRE "safety on"...are you fucking kidding me?

If that shit makes you feel special and you can do it...go ahead. But if you just engage your targets and observe muzzle and trigger discipline between targets your are going to be fine....you are going to be SAFE.

That's probably what Eugene Stoner managed to figure out when that picture was taken. He probably knew just enough about guns (but maybe not as much as you) that he realized if he keeps his finger OFF the trigger and he keeps the muzzle pointed in a SAFE DIRECTION he will be SAFE.

Personally I think you guys should be required to go CONDITION THREE between each target. In fact, to be really, really, really safe you should have to single load each shot. You know BANG....move to next target...draw round from your belt, drop bolt...PUT GUN ON SAFE...PUT GUN OFF SAFE and FIRE. Then repeat. Maybe we could even get a manual of arms where you have to install a trigger lock and remove it after each target is engaged. Real deal operators could have trigger locks with combo codes and just set them all to "0000" to they can do Seal style installs and removals in a matter of seconds.

Having to install a trigger lock between each target would be amazingly and scientifically safer than anything you guys are advocating.We could even develop "clamshell style" trigger locks that could be super fast to install and remove. It would be SAFER.

But seriously, if you guys aren't going to Condition Three after each shot fired you are dangerously unsafe and I hope I'm never around you. Anyone who doesn't Condition Three should have their gun taken from them and used to beat them unconscious.

C3 is the ONLY SAFE. Screw you guys I'm starting a new standard of safety.

View Quote

Logically it would be safer to have no round in the chamber, hammer back, safety on. It removes the need to drop the hammer to get into condition 3, which is where a large portion (if not the majority) of NDs with ARs occur.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 5:16:31 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
If you are NOT in Condition Three...you are an unrepentant safety violator.  No one cares what a safety violator has to say about safety.  The things we advocate are forged in the fires of combat for the last decade and a half.  

But honestly...the whole "forged in the fires of combat for the last decade and a half" is awesome. I can remember those guys in Mosul when they were trading fire and fuck if you aren't correct. I'm 99% positive it was "Shoot a bad guy - safe your weapon"...."Shoot a bad guy - safe your weapon"...."Shoot a bad guy - safe your weapon".....and sure a few guys got tagged when they safed their rifle to do a magazine change...but being safe is WAY MORE IMPORTANT than not being shot. If you can't take the time to "safe your weapon" between engagements of bad guys or doing magazine changes under fire then you probably have NO BUSINESS being in combat.

Thankfully we have you super operators who are developing combat safety habits "forged in the fires of combat." Try and understand some of us will just never be as operator as you guys. Damn, now I gotta grab my airsoft M4 and run around the back yard going "SAFETY OFF"....pew...pew...pew...."SAFETY ON"......"SAFETY OFF"....pew...pew...pew...."SAFETY ON"......"SAFETY OFF"....pew...pew...pew...."SAFETY ON"......"SAFETY OFF"....pew...pew...pew...."SAFETY ON"......"SAFETY OFF"....pew...pew...pew...."SAFETY ON"......"SAFETY OFF"....pew...pew...pew...."SAFETY ON"......"SAFETY OFF"....pew...pew...pew...."SAFETY ON"......"SAFETY OFF"....pew...pew...pew...."SAFETY ON"......"SAFETY OFF"....pew...pew...pew...."SAFETY ON"

Sounds like a lot of work but should make me look and feel awesomely superior and then I can be operator like you guys. I'm gonna work on it.
View Quote

Aw man, it sure is a lot of work to flick a safety on an AR on and off. Man, that slight movement of my thumb sure tires me out -- I think I need some Gatorade to replenish my electrolytes. It's almost as tiring as pulling the trigger...
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 5:17:06 AM EDT
[#49]
Safety violators share many of the same behavioral characteristics commonly attributed to sociopaths.

Science fact.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 5:33:49 AM EDT
[#50]
These fucking safety violators have given me a nightmare. I was in a warehouse in a training situation, and there were tables with ARs on them. I went through each one and had to clear each and every one of them and put them on safe. Mother-fuckers can't even follow the safety science in my sub-conscious.
Page / 102
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top