Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 3:11:44 AM EDT
[#1]
We just have to trust the integrity of Obama and others in government to not lie to us.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 4:44:21 AM EDT
[#2]
I think I rank Jade Helmers somewhere between chem trail retards and squirrel turds in terms of nuttiness.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 4:56:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

A high percentage of the military comes from Southern states. You do know that the military we have is AMERICAN military right? They aren't going to invade their own homes, take their own guns, and institute martial law on their own towns.

Seriously.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Government practicing how they'll implement martial law over the US.  

A high percentage of the military comes from Southern states. You do know that the military we have is AMERICAN military right? They aren't going to invade their own homes, take their own guns, and institute martial law on their own towns.

Seriously.

Who told you that? I plan to follow orders as I've been promised a fast track career progression. Best part is I get to keep the guns I take so my collection will expand vastly.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 5:03:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Indianapolis would have really shit the bed if they new about Mighty Derringer.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 5:08:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 6:41:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Because I lived through other conspiracy theories without issue.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 7:14:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
We just have to trust the integrity of Obama and others in government to not lie to us.
View Quote

A battalion sized exercise is actually a pretty low level to be including Obama in the same sentence in.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 9:19:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

A battalion sized exercise is actually a pretty low level to be including Obama in the same sentence in.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So chances are Obama didn't know about the Osama Bin Loden mission? That was just a small unit involved...
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 9:22:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Need more name calling in the thread title.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 9:30:02 AM EDT
[#10]
People get antsy when the military does covert stuff here. Seems like a rational fear to me.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 9:35:12 AM EDT
[#11]
maybe ill finally get to use some of this gear.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 9:35:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

So chances are Obama didn't know about the Osama Bin Loden mission? That was just a small unit involved...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually that was coordinated through a much larger unit.  JSOC. And required much larger approval due to the cross border/HVT aspect.

A battalion level training exercise is nowhere even close.

Link Posted: 6/18/2015 9:37:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
People get antsy when the military does covert stuff here. Seems like a rational fear to me.
View Quote

Afraid of what those in government can and might do? Surely not!!!!
After all, they have nothing but our best interest at heart!
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 9:38:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Herp'ers gonna derp.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 9:38:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Actually that was coordinated through a much larger unit.  JSOC. And required much larger approval due to the cross border/HVT aspect.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for pointing that out General!
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 9:41:38 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, you are completely confused on the concept that was presented. The point was the HIGHEST level of approval for JH is much lower than POTUS/SECDEF, where in your example it is much higher.   Being wrapped around the lowest level involved is retarded, considering EVERY event training or otherwise will have echelons on down to small unit/team taking part.

It's common sense.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 9:49:12 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You realize it's not worth the fight, right?

The tin foil hatters won't be convinced. And you're just a JBT for trying to change his mind...

My directorate does these exercises...we laugh and laugh and laugh at these guys...the guy actually running is finds it especially hilarious. He's ex-SF himself...why in the world would a guy like that find it so funny?

Link Posted: 6/18/2015 9:49:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Well, you are completely confused on the concept that was presented. The point was the HIGHEST level of approval is much lower than POTUS/SECDEF, where in your example it is much higher.   Being wrapped around the lowest level involved is retarded, considering EVERY event training or otherwise will have echelons on down to small unit/team taking part.

It's common sense.
View Quote

It is also common sense not too trust the corrupt liars in government if you value liberty.
Sorry if the previous sarcasm went over your head.
Obama is a devious fucking liar and has many who support his liberal, power grabbing agenda serving in our government.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 10:01:01 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 10:03:40 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Obama is a devious fucking liar and has many who support his liberal, power grabbing agenda serving in our government.
View Quote

And what exactly does that have to do with semi-routine training involving a thousand or so troops?

"Because Obama" is the laziest argument possible.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 10:19:15 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

And what exactly does that have to do with semi-routine training involving a thousand or so troops?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Read what I wrote again General. Here it is one more time.
Obama is a devious fucking liar and has many serving in government who support his liberal power grabbing agenda.
It is not just Obama we don't trust.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 10:20:02 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 10:21:02 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Read what I read again General. Here it is one more time.
Obama is a devious fucking liar and has many serving in government who support his liberal power grabbing agenda.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds like someone just earned themselves a spot next to the shit bucket in their train car.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 10:23:19 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Sounds like someone just earned themselves a spot next to the shit bucket in their train car.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Somebody has to stir it.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 10:24:33 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 6/18/2015 10:30:30 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Same reason nobody was concerned about Millennium Challenge.

If only the residents of USMC Base Camp Lejeune and surrounding areas (rest of world)  knew the hidden horrors were perpetrated against them!
View Quote

Or Robin Sage.  How long has the Special Forces been planning to overthrow the US...you'd think they'd have gotten right by now!!!
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 10:32:29 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

So because he didn't succeed it shouldn't count?  

I don't know if you are aware of it, but Democratic Underground has a firearm forum which may be more appropriate for someone like you.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_topics&forum=118

I wish you the best over there.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
for as long as I've been on arfcom there have been a dozen crazy government conspiracy theories a month none of which have ever had any degree of merit that's why.

A lot of people here said Obama wasn't after our guns a few years back.  

How many has he nabbed from you in 7 yrs?

So because he didn't succeed it shouldn't count?  

I don't know if you are aware of it, but Democratic Underground has a firearm forum which may be more appropriate for someone like you.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_topics&forum=118

I wish you the best over there.  

Ok, hammermill,wowpro,roebuck, thewind medicfrost
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 10:42:07 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Or Robin Sage.  How long has the Special Forces been planning to overthrow the US...you'd think they'd have gotten right by now!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Same reason nobody was concerned about Millennium Challenge.

If only the residents of USMC Base Camp Lejeune and surrounding areas (rest of world)  knew the hidden horrors were perpetrated against them!

Get real. It isn't Washington is afraid of a military coup, they are more afraid of things like the Bundy affair in Nevada breaking out on a wider scale.
A wide open border makes national security a joke and the Obama government is making every effort possible to disarm the average American. The whole scenario is just fucking weird.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 10:54:05 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you really don't understand anything about this and your answer is verified as "because Obama".... Got it.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 6:36:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

So you really don't understand anything about this and your answer is verified as "because Obama".... Got it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No General. Are you being obtuse or do you refuse to acknowledge Americans no longer trust our government?
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 6:43:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

No General. Are you being obtuse or do you refuse to acknowledge Americans no longer trust our government?
View Quote

Wait a second.  Except for maybe near WW2, at what point in history did Americans really trust their government?
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 6:46:45 PM EDT
[#32]
So in Other Words:
Nobody here has the guts or testosterone to Ask the Many Active Duty Arfcomers What They Are Doing.

Just a few weeks ago there was an Arfcomer that just got his wings at Fort Benning.  Has anybody asked him about This Exercise?  What about Rusted Ace?  Has anybody asked HIM about Matt Helm's niece?  How Many Arfcomers are on either Active Duty, in the Reserves or National Guardsmen???

NOBODY Has Bothered to Ask the obvious people about the Exercise.  They rather look at vapor trails and think Chemical Trails rather than water vapor trails.

There is Healthy Skepticism and then there is this ridiculous paranoia.

our of
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 6:49:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
They'll have a lot of fun when they get to the Oklahoma, Texas, and Arkansas areas.
View Quote

Yeah, people in Arkansas are gonna be really mad when martial law cuts off the food stamps and aid to mothers.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 7:02:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I fail to see how that has anything to do with a battalion-sized training exercise.

I may not trust eggplant, but I don't get totally vocal and up in arms about it because A) I don't really know all that much about eggplant and B) realistically there isn't too much an eggplant could do to harm me.

There was a life lesson served there for you.  You're welcome.

Quoted:
So in Other Words:
Nobody here has the guts or testosterone to Ask the Many Active Duty Arfcomers What They Are Doing.

To be fair, JH is literally so small and specific there is probably only a handful of people on this board who could tell you much about the specific details.

A couple hundred airborne troops in Texas is apparently pretty big deal when you are clueless....nevermind the hundred thousand or so that have been in Texas for decades....
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 7:23:11 PM EDT
[#35]
I saw an YouTube video (didn't click on it) that had a map claiming that ISISies were going to invade America in three places.  Two of those places have Major Military Bases directly in the invasion paths.  It was supposed to all art of Jade Helm.

All things considered I'm semi-surprised at least one Loon hasn't connected the SC shooting to Jade Helm.
But then I haven't looked very hard.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 7:48:30 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I may not trust eggplant, but I don't get totally vocal and up in arms about it because A) I don't really know all that much about eggplant and B) realistically there isn't too much an eggplant could do to harm me.
View Quote

eggplant is good bro
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 7:53:19 PM EDT
[#37]
When was the last time a rooster tried to hatch an eggplant
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 7:58:19 PM EDT
[#38]
Ok, first off, I have no inside special access to information.  If I did, I wouldn't say anything anyway.  With that said, I have been in the Army for 22 years in various roles from Infantry platoon leader to Brigade Civil Affairs officer.  That last job is what I want to touch on.  We have a branch of the Army that deals specifically with dislocated civilians, "refugee" camps etc.  In support of Special and Conventional forces, CA comes in and helps round up and plan the occupation so to speak (that is not all CA does, but it is one of their missions).  

What do you think we did in Iraq when we went in?  We went in, took out their armed forces and essentially declared martial law.  Where we dropped the ball was what you do after you take out their armed forces.  We left too much of a vacuum in leadership and several hundred thousand Iraqi military out of a job.  Hopefully we learned from that somewhat.  I doubt it, but it's a hope we did.

Our armed forces train for these scenarios all the time to some degree.  Heck, the National Guard does it quite regularly when they respond to Hurricanes.  It's not all out, but you can definitely see the progression that could occur if someone wanted to.  It happened to a degree in Katrina.  The Army has the training to go in, declare martial law, confiscate all the guns and put everyone in camps.  We have been training this type of mission since I joined the Army in 1992 and it was going on long before I got in.  I can assure you there are plans for declaring martial law in every single country in the world, including ours.  Why?  Because the DoD loves to make plans, whether they need them or not.  

Training for this sort of scenario is great, it's what our armed forces are expected to do.  Go into an area quickly, take out the armed forces, implement military control/martial law, execute nation building (or whatever you want to call it if they do it here), eventually turn the government back over to (our pick of) civilian leadership.  Gone are the days of all out war, for now anyway.  Our government and a lot of the populace lack the will needed to go for all out war.

The only questions about Jade Helm (and it's not even about that in particular) are "Will our government ever declare martial law?"  Followed closely by, "Will our troops follow the orders?"

I personally am not all that concerned about it.

HaM
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 8:15:03 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I fail to see how that has anything to do with a battalion-sized training exercise.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

WTF I wasn't talking about a "battalion sized training exercise" General.
I was talking about the lack of trust most of us now have in our government.
I don't give a fuck whether you trust eggplant or vodka. I just know the government can and will fuck a citizen's or company for arbitrary reasons, legal or illegal.
That seems to be evident from the Border Patrol being told not to enforce the law to the Gibson guitar company having a SWAT team hit them looking for "illegal imported wood" which was never found.
But when the government starts arming eggplants and they make dynamic entries into the old folks homes looking for medicinal pot, I'll know I should have listened to you.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 8:16:57 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Ok, first off, I have no inside special access to information.  
 snip
The only questions about Jade Helm (and it's not even about that in particular) are "Will our government ever declare martial law?"  Followed closely by, "Will our troops follow the orders?"

HaM
View Quote

Thanks for your response. I appreciate your answer.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 8:25:35 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

But when the government starts arming eggplants and they make dynamic entries into the old folks homes looking for medicinal pot, I'll know I should have listened to you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

You cant see the forest because that eggplant is in your way.

Quoted:
Quoted:
Ok, first off, I have no inside special access to information.  
 snip

HaM

Thanks for your response. I appreciate your answer.

So the real question is, how is a couple hundred troops imported into Texas the "tipping point" into martial law?

Will we EVER declare martial law?  A quick google search shows we have, several times, for several reasons.  Like the LA Riots for one.  That same search would also show the limitations of such an event.

Knowledge is power, and in this thread you are looking pretty weak.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 9:08:53 PM EDT
[#42]
The problem with government conspiracy theories is that they assume that our government is competent enough to pull such a stunt off.  

From what I've seen, the Obama administration is about as smart as a bag full of puppies.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 9:10:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

You just responded with irrelevant info.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because it's annual training. The rest of us have known about it for a long time.

You just responded with irrelevant info.  

Pot meet kettle
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 10:42:00 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
The problem with government conspiracy theories is that they assume that our government is competent enough to pull such a stunt off.  

From what I've seen, the Obama administration is about as smart as a bag full of puppies.
View Quote

You just insulted dag lovers the world over
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 1:32:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I don't give a fuck whether you trust eggplant or vodka. I just know the government can and will fuck a citizen's or company for arbitrary reasons, legal or illegal.
That seems to be evident from the Border Patrol being told not to enforce the law to the Gibson guitar company having a SWAT team hit them looking for "illegal imported wood" which was never found.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How does this translate into a couple hundred SF guys doing annual training becoming dreaded "MARTIAL LAW" and fire arms seIzures?

I call dibs on Dallas county. Here there's some good loot over there.
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 2:48:02 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

Obviously deceiving the American public is part of their stock and trade. I am much more trusting in our military not to turn on their own families and loved ones.

More importantly I don't think Obama trusts the military. Remember how Gen McChrystal resigned after his comments about Obama being "uncomfortable and intimidated" around the military were made public? That was referring to the top brass, I think he has no connection at all with the rank and file. In fact I'm sure Obama and company are very aware he isn't popular with most in uniform. Someone like that would not make the armed forces a vital part of a plan for seizing more power. If anything I think he would be trying to make sure they don't go anywhere or do anything while he made his move.
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 2:52:25 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

Because it has nothing to do with that.
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 2:53:55 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Ok, first off, I have no inside special access to information.  If I did, I wouldn't say anything anyway.  With that said, I have been in the Army for 22 years in various roles from Infantry platoon leader to Brigade Civil Affairs officer.  That last job is what I want to touch on.  We have a branch of the Army that deals specifically with dislocated civilians, "refugee" camps etc.  In support of Special and Conventional forces, CA comes in and helps round up and plan the occupation so to speak (that is not all CA does, but it is one of their missions).  

What do you think we did in Iraq when we went in?  We went in, took out their armed forces and essentially declared martial law.  Where we dropped the ball was what you do after you take out their armed forces.  We left too much of a vacuum in leadership and several hundred thousand Iraqi military out of a job.  Hopefully we learned from that somewhat.  I doubt it, but it's a hope we did.

Our armed forces train for these scenarios all the time to some degree.  Heck, the National Guard does it quite regularly when they respond to Hurricanes.  It's not all out, but you can definitely see the progression that could occur if someone wanted to.  It happened to a degree in Katrina.  The Army has the training to go in, declare martial law, confiscate all the guns and put everyone in camps.  We have been training this type of mission since I joined the Army in 1992 and it was going on long before I got in.  I can assure you there are plans for declaring martial law in every single country in the world, including ours.  Why?  Because the DoD loves to make plans, whether they need them or not.  

Training for this sort of scenario is great, it's what our armed forces are expected to do.  Go into an area quickly, take out the armed forces, implement military control/martial law, execute nation building (or whatever you want to call it if they do it here), eventually turn the government back over to (our pick of) civilian leadership.  Gone are the days of all out war, for now anyway.  Our government and a lot of the populace lack the will needed to go for all out war.

HaM
View Quote
Jade Helm is not about martial law...it's a SOF exercise.

Link Posted: 6/22/2015 9:38:35 PM EDT
[#49]
Jade Helm paranoia explained.

Link Posted: 6/22/2015 10:40:03 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
]Jade Helm is not about martial law...it's a SOF exercise.

View Quote

Yeah, it seems a lot of the defenders of Jade Helm on these threads do more harm than good by simply not understanding it themselves.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top