Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/23/2001 9:31:25 PM EDT
I finally found a radical cause to involve myself with. DHMO.org is trying to stop the availability of the substance Dihydrogen Monoxide.

[url]www.DHMO.org[/url]

(Very funny.)
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 9:35:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Let's see...Dihydrogen monoxide.  That would be "H2O".  Hmmm...Where have I heard that before?
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 10:18:39 PM EDT
[#2]
LMAO
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 11:28:29 PM EDT
[#3]
This dangerous compound is responsible for numerous accidental deaths of children, not to mention thousands of traffic accidents yearly.

Yet, its freely available and private supplies in everyday homes are still unregistered.

In fact, in the State of California, officials wantonly encourage private stockpiling of it in the home.

You don't even have to show that you know how to handle it before buying any, and there is no minimum age for making a purchase.

[red]P.R.K.
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 11:40:24 PM EDT
[#4]
It also causes the corrosion of the cooling system in cars.  If you don't want your engine and radiator to rust, you need to empty all of the dihydrogen monoxide out of it.  I did, and now my van runs much better.  You can do either that or buy an old Volkswagon or Porsche that uses clean air rather than this dangerous chemical to cool itself.
Link Posted: 4/24/2001 12:56:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Actually, the best way to prevent poisoning as the result of injestion of dihydrogen monoxide is to dilute it with equal parts C2H5OH. C2H5OH neutralizes the toxins inherent in DHMO, thereby making it suitable for human consumption.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top