BCM
User Panel

Page / 89
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 4:43:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Wow!  85 pages long!

Link Posted: 7/5/2016 4:48:56 AM EDT
[#2]
So I'm here in Phoenix, and went shooting the other day at the Titanium Lounge section of the Scottsdale Gun Club. It was nice to get on the trigger again, as I had gone from 30k rounds a year to maybe 200 rounds, max, since May 2015, and the last time I pulled a trigger being February of this year.

The Titanium section was nice, albeit smaller than I expected. The best part was no wait for a lane, and that we had the range to ourselves for a good 45 minutes or so.

I was glad to see my skills hadn't decayed as badly as I feared, although I did notice a difference. I could see my accuracy had dropped off, but not as much as my speed. Simply put, my follow through and sight tracking wasn't where it used to be, and I was really having to be more directly conscious of the fundamentals in a way I haven't had to be in a long while. It was a gross feeling because I can very easily remember where I used to be compared to where I am now.

This was at 5 yards, ok I guess but I used to do so much better with a worse gun. This was a gen 3 G19, trijicon rmr, KKM barrel, Agency trigger, X300U, and gripwork by Sweaty Muddy Bloody.

Link Posted: 7/5/2016 4:59:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So I'm here in Phoenix, and went shooting the other day at the Titanium Lounge section of the Scottsdale Gun Club. It was nice to get on the trigger again, as I had gone from 30k rounds a year to maybe 200 rounds, max, since May 2015, and the last time I pulled a trigger being February of this year.

The Titanium section was nice, albeit smaller than I expected. The best part was no wait for a lane, and that we had the range to ourselves for a good 45 minutes or so.

I was glad to see my skills hadn't decayed as badly as I feared, although I did notice a difference. I could see my accuracy had dropped off, but not as much as my speed. Simply put, my follow through and sight tracking wasn't where it used to be, and I was really having to be more directly conscious of the fundamentals in a way I haven't had to be in a long while. It was a gross feeling because I can very easily remember where I used to be compared to where I am now.

http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u494/eesmith79/3BFA19B0-B27F-4E07-A5FA-6CEAB050D43C_zpstb6uvnwm.jpg

http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u494/eesmith79/969AA3B6-8BDF-482C-B994-D87F0CBF1160_zpsxarkk1js.jpg

This was at 5 yards, ok I guess but I used to do so much better with a worse gun. This was a gen 3 G19, trijicon rmr, KKM barrel, Agency trigger, X300U, and gripwork by Sweaty Muddy Bloody.

http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u494/eesmith79/3211F5DC-B6E2-4522-BA89-A41206072403_zps8tclegwm.jpg
View Quote

wait..you were shooting 30k rounds per year?  What were you doing for a living to be able to afford that?  
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 5:02:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

wait..you were shooting 30k rounds per year?  What were you doing for a living to be able to afford that?  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u494/eesmith79/3BFA19B0-B27F-4E07-A5FA-6CEAB050D43C_zpstb6uvnwm.jpg

http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u494/eesmith79/969AA3B6-8BDF-482C-B994-D87F0CBF1160_zpsxarkk1js.jpg

http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u494/eesmith79/3211F5DC-B6E2-4522-BA89-A41206072403_zps8tclegwm.jpg

Merchant Marine, sailing as Master. When I got my G34 I put 3900 rounds through it in 11 days that included both personal range time and 2 classes.I also had a 200 yard pistol/carbine range and a 600 yard precision range on my property in Mississippi.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 8:00:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Will this be on the YouTube channel,  when it is up?
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 9:30:03 AM EDT
[#6]
You ever make it to Nashville, there are a bunch of really nice ranges there. Undefined and I live down the street from a top-notch indoor range, and several of us are members of the greatest outdoor range in middle Tennessee.

And I'll finally be able to get you that drink I owe you...

Link Posted: 7/5/2016 11:51:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
You ever make it to Nashville, there are a bunch of really nice ranges there. Undefined and I live down the street from a top-notch indoor range, and several of us are members of the greatest outdoor range in middle Tennessee.

View Quote

She's been saying she will come to MT forever. If she ends up in TN before MT, her and I are going to have issues
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 12:21:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

She's been saying she will come to MT forever. If she ends up in TN before MT, her and I are going to have issues
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, Hell..

Come on down here with her, then. 'The Patron State of Shootin' Stuff' is a welcoming place, location depending...
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 1:17:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Well, Hell..

Come on down here with her, then. 'The Patron State of Shootin' Stuff' is a welcoming place, location depending...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, Hell..

I will be helping a friend move from FL to OR, I will do my damndest to get through to see you then.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 5:55:43 PM EDT
[#10]
First round is on me, Livez.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 6:13:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Here's a question:

I have horrible fashion sense.... did you always have fashion sense, did it come after transition or has developing it been difficult? Do you understand what's fashionably sensible on males?

Oh, another question:

Has gender identity affected your sexual identity? If you were straight as a male, are you gay as a female? If you were gay as a male, are you straight as a female?

Sorry if I have fucked up some of the terms, I'm trying to be polite.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 7:03:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Here's a question:

I have horrible fashion sense.... did you always have fashion sense, did it come after transition or has developing it been difficult? Do you understand what's fashionably sensible on males?

Oh, another question:

Has gender identity affected your sexual identity? If you were straight as a male, are you gay as a female? If you were gay as a male, are you straight as a female?

View Quote

I have always had good fashion sense, before I came out I had female friends always wanting me to go shopping with them.

As for your second question, that's a little more complicated. I am going through what is called a "late transition", I started at 45. So my whole life I have been attracted to cis-women ONLY, I was never even a little curious about guys. I don't think gender identity affected my sexual orientation, but my orientation has without question, changed.

Think of all you problems, real or perceived as automobiles ranging from largest to smallest brodozer on down to regular truck to wagons and sedans, to compacts, to motorcycles and bicycles. Now picture a small, country road and a semi parked across it, steers in one ditch and trailers in the other with all those vehicles blocked behind it. That semi is is being transgender, that semi was my road block.

Once I had reached my breaking point and came out to a few, I felt a relief, the more I opened up to, the more that semi was removed from accross the road. After I joined ee on this thread, things took off and I have been open with everyone about who I am, and that cleared the road. Now I was free to start dealing with other problems (real or perceived) and everything behind the roadblock started to move, first the bigger issues (brodozers) all the way to the smallest bicycle with training wheels, and now my road is clear, Many people have told me that I am a whole new and different person.

What does all this have to do with sexual orientation you might ask? Everything. The less shit I had clogging up my life, the introspective I have become. The more I examined who I am, the more I learned I was a lot less rigid than I believed myself to be. Now I am completely comfortable saying I am Pansexual, I can be attracted to someone without regard to gender, gender identity or orientation. An esey way to look at it is, I am into personality and compatibility, not parts.

And feel free to ask any er questions you may have. That was one of the reasons we did this thread.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 7:05:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

I will do my best to make it, I should as it's the best route, but she is stubborn and thinks she knows better the the 14 year veteran of the road
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 8:06:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I will do my best to make it, I should as it's the best route, but she is stubborn and thinks she knows better the the 14 year veteran of the road
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Hey, babe..."

"Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?"

That'll shut her up for a few hours, unless she chews through the duct tape. That'll give us time to catch up.
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 1:50:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

"Hey, babe..."

That'll shut her up for a few hours, unless she chews through the duct tape. That'll give us time to catch up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Hey, babe..."

I'm sure I will already be at the point that sounds like a good idea by the time I hit TN
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 7:00:10 AM EDT
[#16]
Having some fun tonight (I should work on that Resting Bitch Face)

Link Posted: 7/21/2016 7:19:57 AM EDT
[#17]
Yeah, you don't look like you're headed out for fun, more like you're going out on a pity date or something.

Hope you had a good time!
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 12:33:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Per the usual, I approve of your shoes.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 12:41:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 12:43:19 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Merchant Marine, sailing as Master. When I got my G34 I put 3900 rounds through it in 11 days that included both personal range time and 2 classes.I also had a 200 yard pistol/carbine range and a 600 yard precision range on my property in Mississippi.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Every time I see someone with a nice shooting range on their own land I want to punch them

Link Posted: 7/21/2016 1:23:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Still waiting on that youtube channel!
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 1:25:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

I imagine there will be a great outpouring of venom from arfcommers hiding behind youtube aliases. Because youtube is youtube.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 2:20:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Wow, 86 pages. I never even noticed this thing existed.
Anyways, good for you eesmith, stay esti stronk
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 3:00:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Gonna admit I havent read ALL 86/87 pages of this but want to say.... I applaud and admire EE, Ninelives and a few Im sure I missed for stepping up and stepping out. I guess you reach a point after a while of 'what the hell have I got to lose' and realize it wasnt as bad as you thought it would be.  I have an adams apple AND 'beans' so being a man both physically, mentally and emotionally is something Ive never had to question but some of us are dealt different cards.
 My hats off to you for having the courage to open yourselves up like this! Hope it all works out for you.

Oh and .....out of respect ..... if we are at the range .... can you not out shoot me?   Nice looking groups on the target you posted!
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 9:42:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I imagine there will be a great outpouring of venom from arfcommers hiding behind youtube aliases. Because youtube is youtube.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

and a kitten holocaust with all the pic requests on the last few pages
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 9:53:39 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

(I should work on that Resting Bitch Face)
View Quote
Looks like you've already perfected it

Link Posted: 7/22/2016 8:08:05 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u494/eesmith79/AF9C41E8-03AF-42F7-82AC-8A5AFC898802_zpsmtcggaqi.jpg
View Quote

Lookin' good, Smith..

*glad to see you've given up on the 'MySpace pout', or whatever it's called.*
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 7:52:43 PM EDT
[#28]
I just realized that I should point out that those were shorts and not a skirt. No one(but especially not pre-op transwomen) need to wear skirts that short in public .
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 7:53:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

*Like*

They're awesome, as long as you don't actually expect to walk or anything in them.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 8:02:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 8:14:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
So how is everyone? Just wanted to post up and see how y'all are doing.
View Quote

Still waiting on said risqué pics
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 8:17:19 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

*Like*

They're awesome, as long as you don't actually expect to walk or anything in them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

*Like*

I learned that cowboy-type boots are the wrong shoes to wear when trying to get from the Financial District to Fisherman's Wharf on foot. I don't see how you get around on those pointy things, though they are nice to look at.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 8:35:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Holy. Shit.

I've seen this thread, read the first page or so and thought "Cool, do whatever you want. Not interested. Glad you're happy."

Popped back up, figured I'd go to the last page.

You need to find some sort of way to be a LGBT firearms ambassador. (Or Queen of it)

Nice groups, I can't believe you get that much trigger time (especially earlier).

You'd be bigger than Milo, I'm wagering a better shot, and furthermore would bring a lot of others to our side.

Glad I checked back in. Good for you. Keep destroying stereotypes.

Link Posted: 7/22/2016 11:05:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u494/eesmith79/AF9C41E8-03AF-42F7-82AC-8A5AFC898802_zpsmtcggaqi.jpg
View Quote

Yeoooowsa!
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 7:09:46 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Here's a question:

Oh, another question:

View Quote

I was always kind of a dandy, so it really wasn't that hard to shift. The catch is women's clothing sizes are much less objectively universal, and the cuts and styles are far more varied. Both have to keep body shape and size in mind when buying clothes, but the male experience is vastly more simplified. It took a bit of experimentation to figure out the personal style I liked best, and to get a rough idea of exactly what was and was not complementary.  

Sexuality wise I've always leaned bi, but shifted a bit more to the middle lately. Say from a kinsey 1 to 3.5.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 7:20:42 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Every time I see someone with a nice shooting range on their own land I want to punch them  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It gets expensive. Not the property itself per se, rather it's so easy to burn through ammo when you only have to take a short stroll instead of planning special trips.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 7:21:53 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Lookin' good, Smith..

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lookin' good, Smith..

Thanks !
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 7:52:16 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
We need an update on your overall state of mind.

Now that you've been more or less open and out for a while now, what's your mental state like? Are you happier now? People around you still overall mostly accepting, not giving you too much static?

How's things?

View Quote

More content and emotionally stable, although part of that I'm sure is just due to the necessary toughening up to make it through the worst parts. I've also not really had any trouble from anyone, even in the south when I recently went back to Mississippi or visited Virginia for Pat's visitation.

I also seem to make friends more easily, probably mostly due to just seeming more open and approachable now. My nightlife is certainly more interesting ha, I mean I had fun before but it took effort to get things I'm given freely now. Just tonight I got into a dance club for free when the doorman hooked me up, hardly had to pay for my drinks, ended up in a VIP booth with a bunch of professional athlete types, got invited to a private afterparty at another club, and a guy gave me a back massage. I still had a decently baller nightlife before, but it took hustle to make it work whereas now I basically stand there and cool things happen.

Link Posted: 7/26/2016 4:48:50 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
More content and emotionally stable, although part of that I'm sure is just due to the necessary toughening up to make it through the worst parts. I've also not really had any trouble from anyone, even in the south when I recently went back to Mississippi or visited Virginia for Pat's visitation.

I also seem to make friends more easily, probably mostly due to just seeming more open and approachable now. My nightlife is certainly more interesting ha, I mean I had fun before but it took effort to get things I'm given freely now. Just tonight I got into a dance club for free when the doorman hooked me up, hardly had to pay for my drinks, ended up in a VIP booth with a bunch of professional athlete types, got invited to a private afterparty at another club, and a guy gave me a back massage. I still had a decently baller nightlife before, but it took hustle to make it work whereas now I basically stand there and cool things happen.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

We need an update on your overall state of mind.

Now that you've been more or less open and out for a while now, what's your mental state like? Are you happier now? People around you still overall mostly accepting, not giving you too much static?

How's things?

Ballers need hired thugs right?

I send over my resume
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 9:28:36 AM EDT
[#40]
Let me help push this thread toward the magical #87

OP has a great thread going here. Surprised I've never seen it before.

Just be careful with the bars.  Don't want a Crocidile Dundee scene!
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 12:09:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 8:10:20 PM EDT
[#42]
I finally got around to trying the snapchat puppy filter

Link Posted: 7/30/2016 9:22:13 PM EDT
[#43]
View Quote

It works on you
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 6:10:02 PM EDT
[#44]
View Quote

I'm just going to leave this alone. I'll save it for text, lol
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 10:45:21 PM EDT
[#45]
I may have lost it if it was ever posted, but did you ever name or start a Youtube page?
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 10:57:25 PM EDT
[#46]
It's well-known that a digital image deteriorates with constant and ceaseless replication and manipulation.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 11:02:10 PM EDT
[#47]
86 pages.  Holy smokes.

Edit - you're almost to Arfcom's magic #
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 2:36:08 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
86 pages.  Holy smokes.

Edit - you're almost to Arfcom's magic #
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/27/2016 2:41:27 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 2:42:41 PM EDT
[#50]
Almost there...
Page / 89
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top