Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 89
Posted: 6/3/2015 2:03:58 PM EDT
I was kinda thinking of another light hearted thread around Halloween, indirectly confirming what some of you already assume. I still hadn't decided exactly how, but was considering something along the lines of "Halp! I went out in drag again, but now can't get my costume off!" lol. But the threads here recently have been really getting to me, and I'm tired of trying to defend myself while dancing around the issue.

To get to the point, yes I am trans and yes I am transitioning. I've been on HRT since March 2014, and I really don't have a burning desire to have bottom surgery. I'm not disgusted by it, more of a "meh" feeling. I'll changing my name at least at some point in the near future, because to be frank I'm really having a hard time still passing as a guy.

How to start? Well, I initially had a longer explanation, then remembered "TL:DR", so I'll make it quick. Yes, I realized something was off at an early age, and growing up in the deep south I knew I could never talk to anyone about it, so I decided to take it to my grave, consoling myself with the thought that heart disease ran in my family and if I was lucky I would only have to deal with it until my mid 30s(my granddad died at 36)

Of course puberty was hell, even worse than usual, as my body was not only changing but in a way I manifestly didn't care for. This was magnified by the fact I had to constantly adjust my natural speech pattern and body language, which gets exhausting. I was horribly depressed the entire time and well into my my late 20s, despite all this I managed to become quite successful career-wise, getting paid a stupid amount of money to work 6 months a year lol.

The real turning point for me was almost dying from a stupid wasp sting. I managed to barely make it to the hospital before crashing, and as I lay there on the ER floor(my BP dropped under 50/30) I figured I was a goner, and just felt...relief, that the whole charade was over. Needless to say they saved me, and later I really thought about what a messed up instinctive reaction that was, and decided I needed to do something about it. And here I am.

Honestly, for me it was the best decision, my brain simply doesn't work on testosterone and I'm a complete emotional wreck. I can barely describe the difference now, other than I finally understand what normal people feel like. Before, my life was awesome but I was messed up in the head; now, my life is more uncertain, but I'm in a much healthier mental place and can deal with issues properly. I've also been luck in that my (very conservative) friends and family have been awesome.

I've heard it put forth that self esteem therapy to make someone comfortable with their body is the proper treatment, but that would have done nothing for me. I was an objectively good looking guy, and hit the weights hard in my mid 20s and got in great shape, and that didn't help. Not to mention it leaves out the hormonal factor, in that I and test simply don't agree.

Personally, I think there's something to the discovery of a slightly longer gene governing testosterone sensitivity that seems to be correlated with gender dysphoria; I'm only 5'8", developed gynecomastia as a kid, have no adams apple, and a plastic surgeon I consulted with says that most of my facial bone structure is within a female range.

I posted my famous halloween thread for lighthearted fun, but I was shocked at the number of members that contacted me that were transitioning, transitioning, considering it, or otherwise struggling with related issues. So that's really why I'm posting this: because there's some of us here, and we're kinda sick of the bashing and misunderstandings that go on, and not being open kind of crimps our ability to really defend ourselves.

TL;DR ask a Republican trans person with a massive gun collection anything(reasonable)

Also esti stronk!

Link Posted: 6/3/2015 2:04:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Like eesmith, I too have been been dealing with GID/GD for a long time (40 years in my case). 30+ years of therapy, 8 or so different therapists, more the $20,000.00, peer groups, clergy/the church, and in the end, I'm still here. I started HRT and had a name change over a year ago, over this last year I am happier then I have been in over 20 years, my friends and family don't mind being around me again (I was admittedly a raging asshole who figured if I was unhappy EVERYONE should be unhappy) and most importantly I am no longer suicidal for the first time in at least 25 years.

The only reason I am even exposing myself is because I am getting really sick of the misinformation and vitriol, That doesn't mean I think people aren't entitled to their opinion or that I am somehow owed acceptance, just that people at least realize this is not a path chosen lightly or for fun/attention (at least for most, I'm sure a low percentage do). Should I be allowed to enjoy my life as I see fit? Absolutely. Should a baker be forced to make a cake for me? Absolutely not. The vocal very minority of the LGBT community does not speak for the majority anymore then the vocal very minority of the KKK speaks for the majority of white people.

Fire away

Jen

ETA: I'm standing with her because this part is important "because there's some of us here, and we're kinda sick of the bashing and misunderstandings that go on, and not being open kind of crimps our ability to really defend ourselves." hence our decision to do a joint thread.  The intention is not a "special Snowflake" thread, but a chance to defend against a lot of what is posted.
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 2:04:52 PM EDT
[#2]
oh boy
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 2:04:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Do what's best for you. Don't let anyone else tell you different
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 2:05:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 2:08:44 PM EDT
[#5]
bean/no beans?
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 2:10:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Do what's best for you. Don't let anyone else tell you different
View Quote

Just stay conservative and support the 2A.
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 2:10:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Just gonna say, in.

To each their own, and they must be comfortable with their own consequences.

Link Posted: 6/3/2015 2:10:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Whatever, be happy.
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 2:10:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Tl:dr
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 2:11:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
bean/no beans?
View Quote

Depends if pre or post op
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 2:11:22 PM EDT
[#11]
The people I consider friends will always remain so, whatever the path they take.
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 2:12:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Tl:dr
View Quote

Don't worry, be happy.
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 2:12:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Hey, You do you. Anyone who doesn't like it is identifying themselves as someone you don't need to give a shit about. (That is unless they're threatening you. Then you should care only enough to arm yourself.)

Congrats.
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 2:13:10 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I was kinda thinking of another light hearted thread around Halloween, indirectly confirming what some of you already assume. I still hadn't decided exactly how, but was considering something along the lines of "Halp! I went out in drag again, but now can't get my costume off!" lol. But the threads here recently have been really getting to me, and I'm tired of trying to defend myself while dancing around the issue.

To get to the point, yes I am trans and yes I am transitioning. I've been on HRT since March 2014, and I really don't have a burning desire to have bottom surgery. I'm not disgusted by it, more of a "meh" feeling. I'll changing my name at least at some point in the near future, because to be frank I'm really having a hard time still passing as a guy.

How to start? Well, I initially had a longer explanation, then remembered "TL:DR", so I'll make it quick. Yes, I realized something was off at an early age, and growing up in the deep south I knew I could never talk to anyone about it, so I decided to take it to my grave, consoling myself with the thought that heart disease ran in my family and if I was lucky I would only have to deal with it until my mid 30s(my granddad died at 36)

Of course puberty was hell, even worse than usual, as my body was not only changing but in a way I manifestly didn't care for. This was magnified by the fact I had to constantly adjust my natural speech pattern and body language, which gets exhausting. I was horribly depressed the entire time and well into my my late 20s, despite all this I managed to become quite successful career-wise, getting paid a stupid amount of money to work 6 months a year lol.

The real turning point for me was almost dying from a stupid wasp sting. I managed to barely make it to the hospital before crashing, and as I lay there on the ER floor(my BP dropped under 50/30) I figured I was a goner, and just felt...relief, that the whole charade was over. Needless to say they saved me, and later I really thought about what a messed up instinctive reaction that was, and decided I needed to do something about it. And here I am.

Honestly, for me it was the best decision, my brain simply doesn't work on testosterone and I'm a complete emotional wreck. I can barely describe the difference now, other than I finally understand what normal people feel like. Before, my life was awesome but I was messed up in the head; now, my life is more uncertain, but I'm in a much healthier mental place and can deal with issues properly. I've also been luck in that my (very conservative) friends and family have been awesome.

I've heard it put forth that self esteem therapy to make someone comfortable with their body is the proper treatment, but that would have done nothing for me. I was an objectively good looking guy, and hit the weights hard in my mid 20s and got in great shape, and that didn't help. Not to mention it leaves out the hormonal factor, in that I and test simply don't agree.

Personally, I think there's something to the discovery of a slightly longer gene governing testosterone sensitivity that seems to be correlated with gender dysphoria; I'm only 5'8", developed gynecomastia as a kid, have no adams apple, and a plastic surgeon I consulted with says that most of my facial bone structure is within a female range.

I posted my famous halloween thread for lighthearted fun, but I was shocked at the number of members that contacted me that were transitioning, transitioning, considering it, or otherwise struggling with related issues. So that's really why I'm posting this: because there's some of us here, and we're kinda sick of the bashing and misunderstandings that go on, and not being open kind of crimps our ability to really defend ourselves.

TL;DR ask a Republican trans person with a massive gun collection anything(reasonable)

Also esti stronk!

http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u494/eesmith79/2DBD6984-3BE6-4541-8748-0D3271A10021_zpswi9vxuri.jpg

View Quote
Wait are you Frank now

Do whatever you want, it's your body and your life.   TBH I thought your avi was a girl for a long time before I saw some thread that explained it.   Anybody who has a problem with it doesn't need to be in your life anyway.  

How many guns do you own?
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 2:14:05 PM EDT
[#15]
hey op, and I guess the second poster, I got to ask-- what do you all think of the Bruce Jenner situation that's going on now? I mean what are your feelings on it, has it affected your lives positively or negatively? Thanks
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 2:14:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Your body, your rules.
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 2:14:36 PM EDT
[#17]

Link Posted: 6/3/2015 2:14:44 PM EDT
[#18]

Link Posted: 6/3/2015 2:14:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Do what makes you happy. Remain a supporter of the Bill of Rights and I have no problem with how anyone dresses or whom they are attracted to. If you can accept that a lot of people will not accept you or agree with your decisions then you should get through life just fine.
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 2:14:49 PM EDT
[#20]
whats your chick name?
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 2:16:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Meh.... Not my place to judge anyone good luck and I hope you find the happiness you're looking for.
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 2:16:51 PM EDT
[#22]
So....any good TSA stories?
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 2:17:06 PM EDT
[#23]
So help me gawd if you start a woman owned business and start pulling in government contracts before I do I am going to find you and rip that weave right off your head.
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 2:17:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
bean/no beans?
View Quote

Chili has beans....
on the side.

Congrats to both of you guys..er, ladies
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 2:17:33 PM EDT
[#25]
did I make page one?

Ed Sr. must chime in, please.
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 2:17:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Your life (lives), do whatever you want.  Your not hurting anyone else.  I think a lot of people are just simply sick of the attention whoring that the hollywood trannies are engaging in.

Link Posted: 6/3/2015 2:18:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 2:18:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Hope this works out for you in the end... things seem to be on the upward bias after the fact, good luck.
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 2:19:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
bean/no beans?

Sorry I was laughing so hard I forgot what I was going to say
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 2:19:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Yes, there are a number of people that have legitimate issues that should be dealt with rationally and clinically.  They should be talked through at an early age, but the person should not make any life changing decisions before puberty.  The hormone changes can be drastic and may change how the person feels.  If they know they feel "different" before puberty they should talk to their parents and doctors and monitor the situation through puberty.

The primary issue of contention that I have is the inability for anyone to question motivation or reasoning.  Some people these days desire attention of any sort, and will resort to unusual behavior to get it.  They may act out in whatever way they think will get them the most attention.  Other people may be having a serious glandular or even cancer issue that messes with hormones and/or emotions.

I think each case needs to be evaluated MEDICALLY and individually.  Blanket support or blanket intolerance does not work.

As the OP experienced, the very people the trans-advocacy groups claim are the most intolerant supported him.

The ACLU coming out and saying that I am NO DIFFERENT than a murderer for calling the OP "him" are the ones with the vitriol that I will fight against every day.  They are deserving of my loathing and worthy of nothing,  They are the ones I (an I would think most ARFCOMMERS) actually despise.  As well, to a certain extent, their "figurehead" attention seekers that are desiring notoriety for what amounts to getting proper medical treatment, if they are truly dysphoric.

Link Posted: 6/3/2015 2:19:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Statistics are awesome.

I hope I'm online and get to see the serial killer coming out thread before it gets nuked.
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 2:19:51 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Jen

ETA: I'm standing with her because this part is important "because there's some of us here, and we're kinda sick of the bashing and misunderstandings that go on, and not being open kind of crimps our ability to really defend ourselves."
View Quote

I'm just gonna step in along with Jen and EEsmith.

I'm wanting to transition because I know I am happier as a woman. I behaved like one and like to do girly things, but I hate how men always become subject to discrimination. I'm becoming a woman because I want to escape that hell of being treated like a man and being belittled over the girly things I like to participate in.

I am also a card carrying Republican, granted I don't see eye to eye with certain things but I still see them as better than the Democrats. I own several guns and am seeking to expand that collection. So no worries guys. We are gonna make Libby heads explode.

TL:DR for the lazy neckbeards.

I'm a Republican, Gun-toting Tranny who wants to make the Liberal minds explode about how it's inconceivable.
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 2:19:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
hey op, and I guess the second poster, I got to ask-- what do you all think of the Bruce Jenner situation that's going on now? I mean what are your feelings on it, has it affected your lives positively or negatively? Thanks
View Quote

I have mixed feelings, coming out as someone that famous took courage (I will never say she's a "hero") but the kardashian circus surrounding it is awful.
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 2:20:08 PM EDT
[#34]
Takes some real balls to admit that around here.  As I think you well know, you're gonna get loved tenderly by a large portion of GD.

Myself?  It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg, so I wish you both the best of luck in swapping your parts.
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 2:20:55 PM EDT
[#35]

EE, you're still alright by me,

but let me know when you go to sell that bad ass truck
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 2:21:09 PM EDT
[#36]
"Look at me,Look at me"

Why do LBGT people crave attention and drama?
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 2:21:12 PM EDT
[#37]
In on 1!
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 2:21:23 PM EDT
[#38]
9mm or .45
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 2:21:53 PM EDT
[#39]
In!

Link Posted: 6/3/2015 2:22:12 PM EDT
[#40]
You do live in a Free Country.

Its not my thing, but each his own.
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 2:22:25 PM EDT
[#41]
Do you have a preference for male or female romantic partners, and relating to that, do classify yourself as hetero, homo, other (please specify)

That's the most polite way I could think of to ask it. Just curious.

Link Posted: 6/3/2015 2:22:27 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

How many guns do you own?
View Quote

numerically a decent but not mindblowing number; value wise, probably a little ridiculous, as a large chunk are custom. I honestly need to tally them up. I store them in a safe at my mom's when gone because I was at sea so much, but her insurance agent did call and ask why the value of the guns exceeded the house. I know it passed 100k a few years ago, I'm kind of scared to see where I am now.
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 2:22:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
bean/no beans?

Ok that is it....  That is too funny, I am glad you let it out, I hope all puts you life in order and makes you happy. Hopefully you stay here and keep talking guns. Don't let the idiots run you off. If you are ever in my neck of the woods, I would go shooting with you, only any woman that shoots with me has to wear a denim mini skirt.... and if you want I know a couple of cops we can fuck with....
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 2:23:07 PM EDT
[#44]
In on 1.

I wonder how long it will take the "freedom lovers" here to chase off OP.
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 2:23:44 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Takes some real balls to admit that around here.  As I think you well know, you're gonna get loved tenderly by a large portion of GD.

Myself?  It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg, so I wish you both the best of luck in swapping your parts.
View Quote

It's more of the vocal minority gals like us have to deal with. A large portion of GD may be desperate neckbeards seeking attention from us, but they are ok with us.
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 2:23:48 PM EDT
[#46]
If this is untowards; feel free to say "that's untowards", because I'm not sure if it's a proper thing to discuss in this avenue or not, but I'm always interested in the psychological aspect of this.

Any that have sought a "change" or are in that process, is there a history of any kind of abuse in your life or absent/distant parent?
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 2:24:35 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
bean/no beans?
View Quote

Beans, it was stated in the OP.
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 2:24:44 PM EDT
[#48]
in on 1
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 2:24:52 PM EDT
[#49]
soon as I saw your pics I knew, your skin and features were far too different than your "out of costume" pics.

you look happier, and I dont have a stone to throw as far as life choices etc... alot of my church friends have been pretty rabid about this Bruce/Caitlyn thing... I frankly don't trouble myself with other people's lives... I have a family to support and bills out the wazoo

Id drink a beer and shoot stuff with you.

*highfive*
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 2:25:03 PM EDT
[#50]
Tonight we're gonna flip and trip and let it all hang out tonight

We're gonna say what we like.

'Cause, yo, yo, we wanna know how many people in the flow,

Would like to just let yourselves go

And doowutchyalike,

Yeah, well tonight's your night.

Just eat food, try not to be crude or rude,

Kill the attitude, chill the serious mood,

And doowutchyalike
I love being able to quote the Digital Underground.  Good for you man.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 89
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top