Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 310
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:34:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Was the M16 even developed in the fallout universe?
View Quote

It appeared as the "service rifle," "assault carbine" and "marksman carbine" but not by the name AR-15 or M16 with the exception of Fallout Tactics

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:37:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
No More Pipboy Editions

What the fuck is this shit?!?! Pete Hines had better be trolling people.
View Quote

sell you my reservation for bout tree fitty
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 3:30:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

not bad for $400, but for $500 I'd probably build a system with either a 8 core FX or an i5 and a midrange AMD card. The alpha has an onboard GPU soldered on which can't be matched by a dedicated GPU.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Keep an eye out for the Alienware Alpha.  I picked mine up on sale for $399.  Popped an extra 4gb of mem to take it up to 8GB and I haven't played anything it can't handle. Pretty much all the games I own I can play at 1920x1080 with all the highest video quality settings.

Alienware Alpha at Best Buy

not bad for $400, but for $500 I'd probably build a system with either a 8 core FX or an i5 and a midrange AMD card. The alpha has an onboard GPU soldered on which can't be matched by a dedicated GPU.

I agree, I wouldn't buy it at $500.  The onboard 860m is no slouch though.  It's a good piece of equipment for the money.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 4:22:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Its a laptop gpu. It's about as powerful as a very low end mainstream desktop gpu in reality.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 4:41:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No More Pipboy Editions

LOL NO.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 4:55:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

LOL NO.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL NO.

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 5:25:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

LOL NO.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
No More Pipboy Editions

LOL NO.

LOL all you want, we'll see how much my extra Pip-Boy copy goes for at Christmastime.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 5:27:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

LOL all you want, we'll see how much my extra Pip-Boy copy goes for at Christmastime.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
No More Pipboy Editions

LOL NO.

Oh, I can only imagine what idiots will be paying for it. I however won't be one of those idiots.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 6:59:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 7:53:21 PM EDT
[#10]

Link Posted: 8/1/2015 10:42:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Man, the fallout 4 pip boy edition is selling for shitloads on ebay.

I have an amazon pre-order in for it.

Do you think I would make more selling it now before launch day, or waiting until some time after?
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 10:43:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
No More Pipboy Editions

LOL NO.

yeah, I wish I'd bought more than one.

I need to start doing that with giant game releases like this. they always maintain at least the value of the game new. may as well speculate.

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:45:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
If anyone is interested. Bethesda store has the Fallout anthology with the mini-nuke case available for preorder.

http://store.bethsoft.com/fallout-anthology.html?utm_source=bm23&utm_medium=email&utm_term=Image+-+Limited+quantity+of+Fallout+Anthology+available+now%21&utm_content=Image+-+Limited+quantity+of+Fallout+Anthology+available+now%21&utm_campaign=20150731bthfoanth&_bta_tid=3.hjA.CFAjfw.FzkJ.AT6sCg..AgY1Kg.b..l.BoeD.b.VbvfAA.VbvfAA.6adSpA&_bta_c=kepifpskh8aegntidcsl7fgjemtq6

If you buy it, you actually have to click PC and then add to cart. Only option but it won't show in your cart unless you click it.
View Quote

I bought the FO3 GOTY Edition, but it won't run on my Win8 machine.  I asked them what the originals will run on (if they remastered them, specifically) but have gotten no answer.  And GOG doesn't carry any of the Fallouts.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:49:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Gamescon aka the European e3 is in 3 days.

Expect more fallout 4 to be shown.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:54:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 5:27:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 6:16:42 PM EDT
[#17]

That seems fair. Roughly the size of skyrim i would say
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 6:23:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yep.

In related news, has any footage from quakecon leaked yet?  They had that place locked down tight from what I was reading, but I'm amazed that no one was apparently able to get anything.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 6:43:26 PM EDT
[#19]
U
Quoted:

There's some stuff you have to do for FO3 to work on Win8.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/22370/discussions/0/828937546147175081/

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
If anyone is interested. Bethesda store has the Fallout anthology with the mini-nuke case available for preorder.

http://store.bethsoft.com/fallout-anthology.html?utm_source=bm23&utm_medium=email&utm_term=Image+-+Limited+quantity+of+Fallout+Anthology+available+now%21&utm_content=Image+-+Limited+quantity+of+Fallout+Anthology+available+now%21&utm_campaign=20150731bthfoanth&_bta_tid=3.hjA.CFAjfw.FzkJ.AT6sCg..AgY1Kg.b..l.BoeD.b.VbvfAA.VbvfAA.6adSpA&_bta_c=kepifpskh8aegntidcsl7fgjemtq6

If you buy it, you actually have to click PC and then add to cart. Only option but it won't show in your cart unless you click it.

I bought the FO3 GOTY Edition, but it won't run on my Win8 machine.  I asked them what the originals will run on (if they remastered them, specifically) but have gotten no answer.  And GOG doesn't carry any of the Fallouts.

I've got it running on 8.1.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 9:36:20 AM EDT
[#20]
Finished FO3, just DL new vegas on the 360 for $15
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 11:46:52 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you, but I did all that without success.  In searching, I discovered a lot of folks who never got it to run.  :(
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 12:50:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Thank you, but I did all that without success.  In searching, I discovered a lot of folks who never got it to run.  :(
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Master race strikes again.

I can't believe how massive these games are. Maybe next year I'll have enough money to get an Xbox one and can play FO4
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 1:18:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Master race strikes again.
View Quote

With great power comes the great ability to screw things up.  Many PC Fallout players are in the "mod it until it breaks" camp and then they bitch online about it being broken.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 1:20:09 PM EDT
[#24]

QUIT FREAKING teasing us, release that damn thing!!

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 1:26:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll have to try this.  I just updated to Win10 and had troubles starting it up.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 3:34:07 PM EDT
[#26]
You'd think with the huge demand for them that they would just commission a new order for the pip boys and sell them separately.

I'm sure people will "reverse engineer" them and there will be plans to make or even print your own, but that is a lot of work many people don't want to do.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 3:37:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
You'd think with the huge demand for them that they would just commission a new order for the pip boys and sell them separately.

I'm sure people will "reverse engineer" them and there will be plans to make or even print your own, but that is a lot of work many people don't want to do.

View Quote

Watch your local Chinese importer... they will offer PEEP Boys shortly. Nearly indistinguishable except for a little lead poisoning and a funny smell.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 3:46:02 PM EDT
[#28]
I'll have to try this.  I just updated to Win10 and had troubles starting it up.
View Quote

It plays fine, until I try to leave the vault.  Then it goes all BSOD.  A lot of folks tell me certain graphics cards hang up like that for FO3 when running Win8 or 8.1.  Bummer.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 3:58:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Pete Hines (of Bethesda) has said on Twitter several times that the production plant that is making the pip-boys has flat told them no more production, that once all the pip-boy editions are sold that will be it.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 4:06:58 PM EDT
[#30]

View All Quotes

You can actually flag stuff to say ‘I’m looking for this stuff because I
want to make this’ which means that when you’re scavenging anything
that fulfills the requirement gets flagged in the world.

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 4:14:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

You can actually flag stuff to say ‘I’m looking for this stuff because I want to make this’ which means that when you’re scavenging anything that fulfills the requirement gets flagged in the world.

Im just going to be a hoarder.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 4:14:58 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

You can actually flag stuff to say ‘I’m looking for this stuff because I want to make this’ which means that when you’re scavenging anything that fulfills the requirement gets flagged in the world.

That's how I play anyways
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 4:16:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Awesome.  I have never, in any game, gotten into the crafting stuff, because it always seemed like such a drag.  

This might change that.  I am glad that companies are starting to see that you can streamline elements without taking away from the depth of a game.  I think too many people associate "deep RPG" with clumsiness and awkward controls/interface.  It doesn't have to be like that.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 4:16:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

For the most part, but this will take it to a whole new level.  I never cared about cans and toys, office supplies and such.  But now I grabbing it all!
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 4:41:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 4:43:10 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

hmmmm.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
they will offer PEEP Boys shortly.

hmmmm.

+2 Rads

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 4:43:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

+2 Rads

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

hmmmm.

+2 Rads

Worth it.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 4:52:54 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Worth it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

hmmmm.

+2 Rads

Worth it.

What's the associated bonus to go with it.  Because I know they don't actually add health.  
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 5:01:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

What's the associated bonus to go with it.  Because I know they don't actually add health.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

hmmmm.

+2 Rads

Worth it.

Decreases speech with women.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 5:02:33 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

hmmmm.

+2 Rads

Worth it.

+10STR +10STA for 10 min, then -25 to each, and you have to sleep.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 5:08:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

hmmmm.

+2 Rads

Worth it.

Limits self gratification to one side or the other.  
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 5:08:11 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

For the most part, but this will take it to a whole new level.  I never cared about cans and toys, office supplies and such.  But now I grabbing it all!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 5:09:25 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

http://i325.photobucket.com/albums/k397/smlnbndt/1310bc183f6a5dd7fda575444b65d2cf_zps3enphrbc.jpg

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 7:05:31 PM EDT
[#44]
Headed to point lookout. any good loot I should look out for?
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 7:05:48 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 7:10:50 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Point_Lookout_%28add-on%29
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 8:00:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

It plays fine, until I try to leave the vault.  Then it goes all BSOD.  A lot of folks tell me certain graphics cards hang up like that for FO3 when running Win8 or 8.1.  Bummer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I have a Sapphire Radeon HD 7870.  hopefully it works....
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:42:26 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Pete Hines (of Bethesda) has said on Twitter several times that the production plant that is making the pip-boys has flat told them no more production, that once all the pip-boy editions are sold that will be it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

That's not really how manufacturing works bro. If they want to make more they can make more. Period. What he said could be the result of a few different things. Maybe that very specific factory is booked out for production on other client's projects. Maybe the molds weren't good for any more decent units beyond that point. Maybe the factory would not make any more without increasing the unit cost. Etc etc. Maybe they didn't want to go to the trouble of setting up tooling/quality control in another factory or couldn't do so within a timeframe that was reasonable in reference to the release window for the game. They probably had these pip boys planned out several months in advance. If they were to start over from scratch, they may be uneasy about how long it will take to get them to the US and Europe because they are wary about lower demand if they can't get them to the market 2-3 months until after the game is out.

Basically, there is nothing stopping Bethesda from making more other than maybe some stupid issue of idiots screaming and crying about having paid eBay prices to get one from the neckbeards. Vocal morons scream about that shit on the Star Citizen forums and it makes me wanna Vader choke them through the internet for their special snowflake attitude. If they really wanted to make more Pip Boys they could.

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:44:12 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Thanks not really how manufacturing works bro.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I guess they don't like making an insane amount of money?
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:46:57 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They're too busy making fleshlights.
Page / 310
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top