Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 310
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 12:48:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

San Francisco, New Orleans, or Atlanta are my top picks.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am looking forward to a new fallout.  Don't want it in DC or Vegas though. It needs to be somewhere else fun to explore.

Memphis would be cool. The Pyramid/Bass Pro Shop, MS River, Beale Street, Graceland, Orange Mound, Whitehaven, Ghoul Elvis raised from the dead by radiation.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 12:49:12 PM EDT
[#2]
The fallout universe is huge.

I see it being either out west again, such as LA, like the formation of the NCR.    Or I see it out east again.  I don't think it will be in a mid-west city, no huge draw. (They did the Pitt.)   Boston could be a good option, but that was the rumor mill of the last leak, which proved to be false.

Detroit would be really cool, but I some how doubt it. Same with Chicago.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 12:49:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Fuck that.  Give me a huge open world adventure game, the thing that fallout is known for.

I would rather interact with interesting npcs than foul mouthed, bunny hopping 12 year olds.

Not everything has to be shared with online strangers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
If they make it a fallout online like they did with elder scrolls Bethesda will be dead to me

Fallout Online could be spectacular. Fallout Online that was as badly FUBAR as ESO would lead to marching on Bethesda with torches and pitchforks, myself included.

Fuck that.  Give me a huge open world adventure game, the thing that fallout is known for.

I would rather interact with interesting npcs than foul mouthed, bunny hopping 12 year olds.

I would at least like the option of co-op.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 12:53:11 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I am looking forward to a new fallout.  Don't want it in DC or Vegas though. It needs to be somewhere else fun to explore.

New Orleans would have me in full blown nerdgasm.

Anywhere is fine, though.

Link Posted: 6/2/2015 12:57:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Fallout 4: Lewiston Maine.
Avoid the packs of Somali super mutants that are trying to retrieve a G.I.C.K (Government issued check kit). Make sure you have your hand to hand skills pretty high in York county because you" can't bring your firearms' says Lord Overseer Justin Alfond. You may want to just avoid Ogunquit all together (Ask a local why.... I dare ya!)
 And NO MORE NUKA COLA!! The new cola is Moxie!! Here is a Northern Maine Ghoul to explain it's effects on the Human body

Link Posted: 6/2/2015 12:58:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

The problem with co-op/multiplayer is that everyone needs to have the same mods, especially graphics mods, which is a pain - or they disallow mods entirely, and a Bethsoft game without mods is just fail.

I'd much rather have mods than co-op.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 1:02:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The problem with co-op/multiplayer is that everyone needs to have the same mods, especially graphics mods, which is a pain - or they disallow mods entirely, and a Bethsoft game without mods is just fail.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Plenty of games have a 'vanilla' mode for co-op and online multiplayer.. not hard to implement. It might not look as cool, but co-op would be worth it.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 1:02:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Always thought the Canadians of Ronto (toronto, mentioned in The Pitt as a military powerhouse in the Fallout universe) fighting BoS or Enclave from Chicago, over the factories in Detroit, would make a good story.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd like to see it in the Chicago area in the winter.

That or Detroit.  Not the current hello hole of Detroit, but the Fallout equivalent of World War 2 Detroit.  The Arsenal of Democracy, tanks, guns, armor, possibly still being produced, either by automated factories or the BoS or such.  Canadian partisans still fighting from years of forgotten hatred.  Mafia like the Purple Gang still running about.

Always thought the Canadians of Ronto (toronto, mentioned in The Pitt as a military powerhouse in the Fallout universe) fighting BoS or Enclave from Chicago, over the factories in Detroit, would make a good story.

Agreed.

Plus the salt mines under Detroit.  Either a giant vault, or storehouse, or slaves mining salt to fund a warlord.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 1:05:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 1:17:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Plenty of games have a 'vanilla' mode for co-op and online multiplayer.. not hard to implement. It might not look as cool, but co-op would be worth it.
View Quote

If it's that easy, that's cool. Not something I have any use for, but I get that it's a desired feature these days.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 1:17:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That only really applies to PC.  Console gaming would be GTG.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 1:27:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I don't want to set the world on fire. I just want to start a flame in your heart.
View Quote

What a fucking fantastic soundtrack.

Also:

Link Posted: 6/2/2015 1:33:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 1:38:16 PM EDT
[#14]
wonder what the release day will be NOV 2016 ?
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 1:40:16 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

View Quote

I'd wager before Christmas 2015
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 1:43:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 1:44:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I doubt that.

A game of that magnitude announced for the first time and released within 5 months?
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 1:46:38 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I doubt that.

A game of that magnitude announced for the first time and released within 5 months?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I doubt that.

Stranger things have happened.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 1:47:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Fallout Online could be spectacular. Fallout Online that was as badly FUBAR as ESO would lead to marching on Bethesda with torches and pitchforks, myself included.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If they make it a fallout online like they did with elder scrolls Bethesda will be dead to me

If it aint buggy it aint Fallout.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 1:47:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I doubt that.

I guarandamntee it would be the best selling game of the year if this was the case.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 1:49:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I doubt that.

Bethsoft doesn't usually make these kinds of announcements until they have a game pretty close to ready. Time between announcement of New Vegas and Skyrim and release was pretty darn short.

It's not like Blizzard (or freaking Lionhead!) that shows a game off and then two years later, hey, it's ready!
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 1:49:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I doubt that.

It all depends how well members of the team would have been able to keep their mouths shut and not leak anything.
It is very possible for a new fallout to come out in 6 months...if they had already been working on it for a while and been able to keep it under raps.

However, if this is the announcement they are making that they are beginning production, or in the very early stages, I think it would be very optimistic to say that we would see it in under a year.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 1:49:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I doubt that.

If that's the case Bethesda employee's OPSEC must be top fucking notch. If they're nearing the end of development and have had no notable leaks that would be impressive.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 1:50:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I doubt that.

Hope you're right.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 1:50:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Bethsoft doesn't usually make these kinds of announcements until they have a game pretty close to ready. Time between announcement of New Vegas and Skyrim and release was pretty darn short.

It's not like Blizzard (or freaking Lionhead!) that shows a game off and then two years later, hey, it's ready!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I doubt that.

Don't even get me started on Zelda for Wii U.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 1:51:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

This.

Quoted:
Quoted:

What about the people who don't like multiplayer and prefer a good in depth single player campaign/story or who do not have a good internet connection?

There is a reason I do not play games like Battlefield, I hate multiplayer, one of the things, the main thing really, that I liked so much about Fallout 3 was the first rate story and single player campaign, it was so well done it lead to months of enjoyment, and it's near infinitely replay able with a different experience every time.  Multiplayer is just a bunch of random running around and shooting with a thousand people at a time all on the same simplistic "quests', totally up enjoyable to me, it's just not the same thing.  Now add in the professional whiners/America bashes and generally snotty Europeans who do nothing but spam the chat all day and the shit talking annoying 12 year old Dutch kids who play like crap and just fuck things up, the exploiters, and the blatant cheaters and it just ruins the whole game.

I don't care if it has a multiplayer function, but if it's multiplayer only, or the single player is just a craptastic afterthought to the multiplayer I'm out.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 1:53:29 PM EDT
[#27]
20 hours
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 1:56:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ESO wasn't Bethesda though.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 1:56:59 PM EDT
[#29]
That shit better be a return to the roots. No more fucking lamestream FPS shit!
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 1:57:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nailed it.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 1:58:11 PM EDT
[#31]
A tropical setting would be cool too... maybe an island in the middlle of the pacific? That would be great.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 2:00:54 PM EDT
[#32]
My bet is on:

Fallout: Protectron Simulator

The year is 2295, and you are a Protectron tasked with the defense of an uninhabited area in the Nebraska Sand Hills.   Take on classic enemies like Deathclaws, Cazadores, Golden Geckos, Mega-Cazadores, Mad Brahmin, and Super-Mega Cazadores!  (DLC:  "Fisto Simulator" coming out in Q2 2016!)

or maybe:

Fallout: Licensed Ham Operator

Use your Pip-Boy radio triangulation skills in the beautifully-rendered location of Sandusky, Ohio to locate radio towers and cisterns with powerful loot! Find the elusive Big Book of Science to finally pass that Technician exam and communicate with other survivors throughout the wasteland!
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 2:02:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm thinking "The Campus" as was hinted at strongly in Fallout 3.  I also think we will be seeing more of the aliens from Fallout 3, probably a lot more.

I would also bet we see more of the plot elements from the previous canceled version of Fallout 3 that made it into both Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas.

If I had to guess, the player character will wake up with no memory as a prisoner of the campus and escape and the game will focus on finding out who you are, how you got there, and getting revenge, somewhere along the way a B plot will develop where you have to save kids/liberate people and bring down the campus thus ending the game.  around the middle though will be something to do with the aliens/alien tech.

The game will take place in the area around MIT and maybe Boston, I think there will also be some sort of Revolutionary war tie in as a side mission/missions which would kind of follow along with some of the side missions in Fallout 3 and also fit thematically with the "revolution" theme of the main storyline.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 2:02:56 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
My bet is on:

The year is 2295, and you are a Protectron tasked with the defense of an uninhabited area in the Nebraska Sand Hills.   Take on classic enemies like Deathclaws, Cazadores, Golden Geckos, Mega-Cazadores, Mad Brahmin, and Super-Mega Cazadores!  (DLC:  "Fisto Simulator" coming out in Q2 2016!)

or maybe:

Fallout:  Licensed Ham Operator

Use your Pip-Boy radio triangulation skills in the beautifully-rendered location of Sandusky, Ohio to locate radio towers and cisterns with powerful loot!   Find the elusive Big Book of Science to finally pass that Technician exam and communicate with other survivors throughout the wasteland!
View Quote

Fallout:Cedar Point would be awesome as a DLC.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 2:04:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

THIS.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 2:06:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Fuck. Yeah.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 2:07:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
All I see is a turning gear.
View Quote

I had to turn off Ghostery to see it.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 2:08:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
My bet is on:

View Quote

I hope not.

Bioshock 2 did the whole playing as a Big Daddy thing, and it just wasn't that great.  

I think these types of games, especially with fallout which is a much slower paced game designed to really immerse you into the world, are better served playing as a created (human) character that you really begin to feel as one with.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 2:08:53 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If they do Co-op, that would be awesome!
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 2:09:16 PM EDT
[#40]
I'm a huge Fallout nerd, so I'm excited.  I have my SBR AR lower engraved with the Brotherhood of Steel logo.    I have another Form 1 pending for a 9mm SBR build that's probably going to get the Black Mesa Research Facility logo, though I wish I could find another good one from Fallout.  The Enclave logo from FO3 was a possibility but a giant E is a little boring.

Bethesda has been reluctant to really mess with the "West Coast" Fallout Universe that Black Isle created in Fallout 1, 2, and Van Buren.  "East Coast" was a largely unexplored area they could craft and still make it feel like Fallout.  With Obsidian being largely ex-Black Isle folks, they were well equipped to touch on the original stories with New Vegas, and it certainly had a lot of the "wacky" feel they incorporated with the original games along with major elements like the NCR.

Tactics is a little apocryphal but it touched the Midwest so I doubt it'd be the area of focus.  FO3 opened the door to canonizing some of it but didn't go deep into it so it's not completely out.

We won't speak of the console atrocity called Brotherhood of Steel.  

I suspect Bethesda will stick to the "East Coast" world since they've crafted that from scratch and opened the doors to many possibilities with Fallout 3 plot elements.  I liked the rumors of the Boston locale.  It's a tight geographic area with a lot of major cities so you could create a very interesting world mixed with "real" history and Fallout alternate history.

I'd love a spin-off game (probably not a main sequence title, something New Vegas-y) that would explore some of the other parts of the ravaged Fallout world, like Europe or China.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 2:09:59 PM EDT
[#41]
How would they co-op V.A.T.S.?
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 2:10:08 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
A tropical setting would be cool too... maybe an island in the middlle of the pacific? That would be great.
View Quote

Miami would be cool. Ghoulified New York liberal retirees, enclaves of Canadian snowbirds still fighting in the everglades, Supermutant beach bums, and mosquitoes the size of cazadores.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 2:10:10 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
I'm thinking "The Campus" as was hinted at strongly in Fallout 3.  I also think we will be seeing more of the aliens from Fallout 3, probably a lot more.

I would also bet we see more of the plot elements from the previous canceled version of Fallout 3 that made it into both Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas.

If I had to guess, the player character will wake up with no memory as a prisoner of the campus and escape and the game will focus on finding out who you are, how you got there, and getting revenge, somewhere along the way a B plot will develop where you have to save kids/liberate people and bring down the campus thus ending the game.  around the middle though will be something to do with the aliens/alien tech.

The game will take place in the area around MIT and maybe Boston, I think there will also be some sort of Revolutionary war tie in as a side mission/missions which would kind of follow along with some of the side missions in Fallout 3 and also fit thematically with the "revolution" theme of the main storyline.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Sounds totally awesome, and I would love the fuck out of that.

I'm not convinced it's in Boston though... I just don't trust prior rumors or speculation.

I really want two things by E3's conclusion; a release date, and a setting.

And some bitchin' game play footage would be nice, too.

Link Posted: 6/2/2015 2:12:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I'm not convinced it's in Boston though... I just don't trust prior rumors or speculation.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think Boston would be fun, I just imagine, if they go that route, it would have a similarly dreary color scale/palate that they had with the third one.

Now, I preferred FO 3 to FO New Vegas for the most part, but I liked the bright colors of NV much more.  
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 2:13:00 PM EDT
[#45]
Next Fallout game better have a UI designed for PC and be capable of using more than 4GB of RAM. Done buying last minute console ports.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 2:13:09 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Tiny, maze like map and a story that breaks if anything happens out of sequence? An unfinished storyboard ending with a script written by an elementary school kid and no cinematics?

I liked the story in DC but the execution was horrible.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I hope it's back in DC.. FO:NV was fun but FO3 is still the king.

Tiny, maze like map and a story that breaks if anything happens out of sequence? An unfinished storyboard ending with a script written by an elementary school kid and no cinematics?

I liked the story in DC but the execution was horrible.

I'll agree here, as awesome as the game and story were those points were real thorns in my side.

I only had minor syncing issues, but the fucking constant sewer/subway tunnels to get around (a maze) left me pulling my hair out and grumbling about it being repetitive.  I also found the end sequence to be totally unsatisfying.  Fallout 1 and 2 put great detail into the endings, and virtually everything you did in the game had an impact, but in Fallout 3 it sucked, and very little of what you did made it in.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 2:13:11 PM EDT
[#47]
new fallout and Xcom announced in the same week?

hhhhnnnngggggggg!
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 2:14:13 PM EDT
[#48]
Apparently there is javascript in the countdown referencing the Institute.

BOSTON!

Slashgear
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 2:15:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Apparently there is javascript in the countdown referencing the Institute.

BOSTON!

Slashgear
View Quote

Then maybe they have been working on it for a while.

Fuck, it has been at least a year and a half, maybe even 2, since rumors of MIT and Boston started surfacing.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 2:16:28 PM EDT
[#50]
Nobody has put forward this idea yet:  CHINA.  What about it taking place in China?
Page / 310
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top