Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 310
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 4:51:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So are there any places in the game that are really challenging?  I am level 43 now.  I have several sets of X01 armor, one of them is upgraded to level 2 now. Preston is my partner.  I have almost maxed out Overseers Guardian.  I believe its at damage 245 now.  I have like 10K .45 rounds for it.  I have not yet upgraded it to a .308 receiver, but will shortly.

I changed the difficulty to survival and went and raided a few places in the South part of the map.  I ran into several Death Claws etc, but I have yet to run into something that takes more than a few shots to kill with Overseers Guardian.  That rifle is simply OP.   I ran into a Legendary Behemoth that had a skull next to its name, so I thought I was going to have a hard time killing it.  It almost instantly broke Prestons X01 armor set and made him take a knee, but I shot it in the head about 8 times with my OG rifle and it dropped easily.  

Most Legendary foes, even when they have a skull next to their name, even on survival mode, drop with just a few shots from the OG.  So its not really even challenging.  

My son and I followed the Institute for this first run and the most difficult time we had was finishing off the BOS.  Even then we just used our surplus of 500 Stimpacks and never died.  They shot our armor to pieces though.  

I am working on getting my Science perk up now since I have Gun Nut maxed now.  I need to get Armorer up as well.  

So anyone have any suggestions on a quest or place to raid that will be difficult and rewarding?

View Quote

Try monster health mod on nexus

Link Posted: 2/4/2016 8:01:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Not any moore, man...  I've taken to dropping out of build to make a clean save every once in awhile.  Unfortunate incident deleting one of the floor sections in Croup after having not saved in well over an hour.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You guys spend hours working on a settlement and then you go ahead and delete something that completely fucks up your build only to realize your last save was several hours and several quests earlier? This is especially true if you are using mods, and more so if you are using the Spring Cleaning mod because it allows you to delete nearly everything. Yeah, because I just did that. I was at the drive through installing lights. Put a light on the one pylon holding up the other drive through roof. Then I realized that there was no replacement for it in the menu. Needless to say, I rage quit.

Not any moore, man...  I've taken to dropping out of build to make a clean save every once in awhile.  Unfortunate incident deleting one of the floor sections in Croup after having not saved in well over an hour.

I redid what I had done the other night, saved before and after I put a major piece in place. This way, if I fucked up again it wasn't a huge pain to go back.

In other news I took Gunner's Plaza, I sniped from a distance the guy with the rocket launcher and the dude on the roof with the mini-nuke; although I didn't kill him, just couldn't get a clean shot. I also called in a BOS Vertibird to draw fire for me. Once the Vertibird landed I hopped in it and told it to go to Gunner's Plaza which gave me a few seconds to light them up with the minigun. Once inside I activated the protectron to draw fire for me and I waited for a few of the Gunners to get close to one of the turrets and I blew it up which killed two of them. After that it was just a matter of cleaning up the first floor. The second floor fight was interesting; I had attempted to drop a bottlecap mine where they walking around the rotunda but they heard me drop the mine and all hell broke loose. The second floor fight was the hardest part of the Plaza.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 1:35:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 4:17:38 PM EDT
[#4]
All these times doing the nat'l gd armory and only now realise that there are two suits of power armor there, not one.  
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 4:18:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
So has the Xbox one update happened yet?
View Quote

Yup
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 4:38:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 5:02:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
All these times doing the nat'l gd armory and only now realise that there are two suits of power armor there, not one.  
View Quote

Wait...there's power armor there? This is the place with the feral ghouls?
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 5:03:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 5:22:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Yep...in a bunker in the back of the main building.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't even know there was a bunker. I've been there twice and had no clue.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 6:09:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And, the 'conex' pile behind the bunker has a full set on frame in one of them.  Also, make sure you bring salt, and pepper, for your angus...depending on level.  Hit it at 25 this time so it was a full set of T60 and a partial suit of T60, on frames.   Then went to the big dishes and cleared that for the frame (no armor pieces) there.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 6:49:07 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
And, the 'conex' pile behind the bunker has a full set on frame in one of them.  Also, make sure you bring salt, and pepper, for your angus...depending on level.  Hit it at 25 this time so it was a full set of T60 and a partial suit of T60, on frames.   Then went to the big dishes and cleared that for the frame (no armor pieces) there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

you could say that theres technically 3 there.  just east of it on the road between the NGTY and finch farm is a military convoy defended by a col. gutsy with another set in a truck

edit- and yeah just SE of there in the satellite array is another one.

4 frames/sets within a couple hundred yards of one another

Link Posted: 2/4/2016 6:51:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Just remember if you get the one from the bunker, there will be a pissed off sentry bot waiting outside.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 6:52:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
you could say that theres technically 3 there.  just east of it on the road between the NGTY and finch farm is a military convoy defended by a col. gutsy with another set in a truck

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hmmmm...I may have missed that one.  Will have to go through there and look around.  I do remember walking by a set with my last character thinking I'd go back and get it (was following someone to a mission site) and forgot where it was.  
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 6:53:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Question...

Is there any way to get the artillery smoke grenades?  

Somewhere along the way I lost mine.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 6:55:23 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Question...

Is there any way to get the artillery smoke grenades?  

Somewhere along the way I lost mine.

View Quote
in the castles bunker.  respawns in one of the crates.  can probably buy them from whats her name there too

Link Posted: 2/4/2016 7:05:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Just remember if you get the one from the bunker, there will be a pissed off sentry bot waiting outside.
View Quote

I'll have to go back and scour the area. I already for the set guarded by the convoy and I have several weapons now that take sentry boots and assassin boots down with a free shots.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 11:22:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Yup
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So has the Xbox one update happened yet?

Yup

Unless Im missing something according to the update list the only thing we're "losing" is the Macreadys perk glitch.  I see no fix for Dogmeat dupe or shipment dupes.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 11:40:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Level 59 and I finally got the Deliverer. This gun is awesome!
View Quote

I actually like my original modded 10mm better.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 11:44:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
So I know this is gonna sound stupid but I finally found a couple things that made the game a whole lot better.

1. VATS. That is such a sweet perk. Wish I would have know about it a long time ago
2. Repairing armor. Why I didn't figure out how to do that a long time ago, I don't know
3. Scraping stuff around the area. I thought you could only find items while out and about. Didn't know you could scrap items
4. Upgrading colonies. Again didn't know you had to do it. Thought they did it themselves.

So what other basic things am I missing? lol...
View Quote

I'm a VATS junkie. I didn't find it for the longest time, but I'm now wearing armor pieces way below my level because they add AP and reduce AP cost in VATS.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 12:12:14 AM EDT
[#20]
My XBone still shows 1.27 something and doesn't offer an update.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 12:15:01 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Huh, the Bethesda site said they pushed the patch already.  Weird.  I'll hop on my xbox later tonight and see what happens since I haven't logged into fallout in weeks.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 12:18:33 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Huh, the Bethesda site said they pushed the patch already.  Weird.  I'll hop on my xbox later tonight and see what happens since I haven't logged into fallout in weeks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought the newset patch 1.3 has been released to pc. Should be released very soon to the rest of us common folks.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 12:22:53 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I thought the newset patch 1.3 has been released to pc. Should be released very soon to the rest of us common folks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

FFS. Nothing. I turned it on just for the patch and there is nothing there. Googles searches all say soon.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 12:51:44 AM EDT
[#24]
Apparently it is supposed to be today or tomorrow.  I misread the thing from Bethesda.  Fallout 4 1.3 Update

The 1.3 update for Fallout 4 is available as an automatic download for all PC users on Steam and will be available later this week on Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

Date Created

February 1, 2016
Last Updated

February 1, 2016
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 2:02:43 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

At least the first time you go there, there's a BoS knight with a full set of T60 dead at the base of the next tower over from the one where the frame is.

I'll have to go back to the NG armory to find that second set, although I think I entered that cell pretty early, so it's probably T45.

Also:

Link Posted: 2/5/2016 5:21:49 AM EDT
[#26]
Aaand, suddenly I'm CTDing around high end super mutants.   I can no longer go into the alleys around Faneuil Hall, or up into the fallen skybridge.  I've been both places before without incident.  Anybody familiar with this problem?  I'd really hate to go through my whole mod list to find out it's a result of the recent patch.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 12:29:33 PM EDT
[#27]
"We can get ahold of you anywhere and anytime."

That's just great.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 1:22:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Finished the main story last night.

Went with the BOS ending,watching LP fuck up shit was cool along with the salute at the bunker hill monument

Destroy the communist Chinese
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 2:02:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
At least the first time you go there, there's a BoS knight with a full set of T60 dead at the base of the next tower over from the one where the frame is.

I'll have to go back to the NG armory to find that second set, although I think I entered that cell pretty early, so it's probably T45.

Also:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVNK366IDk0
View Quote

FINALLY!! A reason to use the Laser Musket, otherwise it's just the most useless weapon of the game.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 6:16:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

FINALLY!! A reason to use the Laser Musket, otherwise it's just the most useless weapon of the game.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Also:

"Grab that laser musket and make your way up here!"

No, fagboy, I'll stick with whatever pipe piece of shit I managed to pick up on the way here because anything is better than that bullshit.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 6:49:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

No, fagboy, I'll stick with whatever pipe piece of shit I managed to pick up on the way here because anything is better than that bullshit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Also:

Being unarmed is better, because at least you know that you're unarmed.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 6:55:08 PM EDT
[#32]
I was trying to dupe me as many supplies as I could before the update , which looks to be next week now.  If you need gold, Deb in Bunker Hill sells shipments, Abernathy's wife sells 50 concrete at a time, and the vendor chick in vault 81 sells 25 nuclear material occasional.  Quick Save and reload until she has it.  Thats some of the harder to find stuff.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 7:53:16 PM EDT
[#33]
I'm stuck on/after the synth mission with Gabriel.  

I completed the mission using social conversation choices.  His buddies turn aggressive and we killed them.  The courser left with Gabriel. All well and good.

I returned to Father and he offered my room.  But nothing happens when I go in it, and if I go to the detention/courser area, Gabriel is sitting in a chair, hostile, with all the Institute people shooting at him.  He's immune (to them, me and the courser) and I can't do anything to change that.

I've gone back to Liberatria and killed an additional guard and turret, but upon returning the situation is the same.

Fuck Bethesda.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 9:20:39 AM EDT
[#34]
Don't worry... I somehow fucked myself out of both the BOS and Institute quest lines and I can't seem to get the Minuteman line either.

Something is fucky.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 6:53:19 PM EDT
[#35]
I broke down and ordered an Xbox one today. Will download this game Wednesday when it arrives.

Cannot wait to play, and then proceed to read this entire thread.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 2:55:34 AM EDT
[#36]
So what is everyones faction choice?

I went BoS...Because you know....its the Brotherhood.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 3:07:26 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

In the process of building Red Rocket up a bit, my self.  Outer walls are up, currently fiddling around on the roof.  

For now, it's for my gear and companions (Been giving settlers roadleathers/leather armor pieces as I go at the other settlements).  Oddly enough, after I got the outer wall up, a pair of minutemen showed up and have been defending the place.  I left the wall open on each end of the road with a couple HMG turrets.  Haven't ringed the rocket yet, been trying to decide on how far up I want to go...and, need to find out how far up I can go  LOL
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So I spent some time building up the Red Rocket to be my private home. I got tired of going to my place in sanctuary and finding a random settler in my bed. My problem is that the only 'person' I have assigned there is Dogmeat and happiness is plummeting. I tried leaving Curie there (Main Squeeze) and rolling with Cait but then Curie did nothing but whine anytime I came by to drop off loot.

I don't get it. I give you a body, food, water, clothes, a home, I avoid doing things that you'll 'dislike' etc and all I ask is you play with my dog (giggity) and you can't do that?

Here's a crappy cell photo of the place:
<a href="http://s1083.photobucket.com/user/BeatnikFink/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160109_140610_zpsw3znsllb.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j393/BeatnikFink/Mobile%20Uploads/20160109_140610_zpsw3znsllb.jpg</a>

In the process of building Red Rocket up a bit, my self.  Outer walls are up, currently fiddling around on the roof.  

For now, it's for my gear and companions (Been giving settlers roadleathers/leather armor pieces as I go at the other settlements).  Oddly enough, after I got the outer wall up, a pair of minutemen showed up and have been defending the place.  I left the wall open on each end of the road with a couple HMG turrets.  Haven't ringed the rocket yet, been trying to decide on how far up I want to go...and, need to find out how far up I can go  LOL

There's a joke in there...
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 5:54:48 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Institute man here.  They have cool toys, they're smart, and they're shady as fuck.  Perfect for me!

Link Posted: 2/7/2016 7:54:51 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Also:

The laser musket is great for sneak attacks, especially if you find one that does double damage to undamaged enemies. Amazing opener weapon.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 9:12:44 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

I did the institute ending, then accidentally did the "best possible" where you are friendly with bos, rr, and mm.  Then I went back and did the bos ending to see liberty prime.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 9:38:53 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Institute man here.  They have cool toys, they're smart, and they're shady as fuck.  Perfect for me!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I, mostly, balance the MM, RR, and BOS folks.  If I had to choose, would likely side with the  MM over the others.  That said, I haven't finished the game yet, I keep restarting.  I haven't  even been to the institute yet.  

This go around I'm being somewhat thorough...building proper fortifications and defenses, getting the settlement to 6-10 folks...then shut off the beacon, go aquire another one.  Been salveaging everything, dumping and breaking everything down into component parts.  When I first clear a settlement, I don't pick anything up, just scrap it all...well, except for green house planters, and the like.  Currently pausing with the settlement aquisitions, I have 6 fully set up, a couple cleared and stripped, 5 cleared and building mats for construction, and 2 waiting for contact/help.  <<sigh>>  

Just got the fort (again), yesterday and will build it up this morning.  Get the breathing underwater perk and walk over to the island and clear that....and then assess.  Might go kill kellogg...but, sorta want to wait until I have the other settlements built up with artillery in each.  Especially the closest ones to where the BOS sets up.  

Link Posted: 2/7/2016 9:48:40 AM EDT
[#42]
Well I went to level 26 in normal difficulty . I switched to Survival mode and it changes everything  for me...  Im at 38 now .   I get my ass kicked because of health regenerating speed. I try to snipe at distance for the most part.  Im  spread out on my perks.Not overloaded on any one thing. I got the vats stranger  perk . Is it worth burning more peaks to make him show up more ? It is worth getting the dogmeat  perk where he holds an opponent for you to shoot ?  Fuck I about flip a coin on where to get my next perk from. Survival  mode makes you rethink about busting in and kicking ass. I even use power amour now when I use to not even use it.... How do you get your Jukebox to work . I have a crib at Sanctuary and  cait hangs out there and trying to get her some music.  WarDawg
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 9:56:56 AM EDT
[#43]
Great, now my pain train perk has quick working!
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 10:05:25 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Well I went to level 26 in normal difficulty . I switched to Survival mode and it changes everything  for me...  Im at 38 now .   I get my ass kicked because of health regenerating speed. I try to snipe at distance for the most part.  Im  spread out on my perks.Not overloaded on any one thing. I got the vats stranger  perk . Is it worth burning more peaks to make him show up more ? It is worth getting the dogmeat  perk where he holds an opponent for you to shoot ?  Fuck I about flip a coin on where to get my next perk from. Survival  mode makes you rethink about busting in and kicking ass. I even use power amour now when I use to not even use it.... How do you get your Jukebox to work . I have a crib at Sanctuary and  cait hangs out there and trying to get her some music.  WarDawg
View Quote

Just need power for the jukebox, then you can walk up and turn it on.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 10:57:52 AM EDT
[#45]
Has anyone else kept the robot kid around?

If you talk to him and get random scrap he wants from the wasteland he will build you weapons and mods. I've even got a legendary laser rifle from him he built from a telephone
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 4:51:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Well...my game is once again plagued with a bug. I've got the invisible Pipboy and arm bug. Seems the game thinks I'm still in power armor even though I'm not. No, I'm not wearing any shadowed armor. I've done every so called "fix" and nothing works. Its kind of a game breaking bug at this point since my character is completely nekkid and I can only use power armor. Might be time to reroll my character.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 5:04:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 5:29:32 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Well...my game is once again plagued with a bug. I've got the invisible Pipboy and arm bug. Seems the game thinks I'm still in power armor even though I'm not. No, I'm not wearing any shadowed armor. I've done every so called "fix" and nothing works. Its kind of a game breaking bug at this point since my character is completely nekkid and I can only use power armor. Might be time to reroll my character.
View Quote
Got the same bug yesterday. Couldn't Pipboy, couldn't sprint.

Was able to go enter a new suit, pull up the Pipboy there, exit the suit and then everything worked. But from what I could find, fixes working are hit or miss.

Link Posted: 2/7/2016 5:58:46 PM EDT
[#49]
Anyone know if the Dogmeat duplication glitch works after the latest update?
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 6:07:13 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

The laser musket is great for sneak attacks, especially if you find one that does double damage to undamaged enemies. Amazing opener weapon.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Also:

That plus 6 crank.  
Page / 310
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top