BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 310
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 3:39:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
And, from what folks are saying on the forums...they asploded the game.

(ETA)  At least for folks running mods, apparently.
View Quote

:(

And I just got the paintable combat armor, and black Institute armor mods.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 5:39:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Where did my power armor go?!?

I'm quite a bit behind most of you....

Two days (real) ago, I did the satellite array quest, and while doing this the BOS drops in and one of the BOS guys gets iced. After a finish killing and collecting, I grab the full armor set from the dead BOS, head home and hang in on a frame.

Today, I get back from a quest and the entire suit is gone. Looked all around to see if the settlers used it and left it; not there.

All of the other suits are lined up as I left them ??
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 5:43:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Two days (real) ago, I did the satellite array quest, and while doing this the BOS drops in and one of the BOS guys gets iced. After a finish killing and collecting, I grab the full armor set from the dead BOS, head home and hang in on a frame.

Today, I get back from a quest and the entire suit is gone. Looked all around to see if the settlers used it and left it; not there.

View Quote

Had that happen to a set...fast travelled after setting it up and realized I had left the fusion core in it.  Fast travelled back and it was already gone.  

On the flipside...I ended up with a set of 'stolen' raider armor...stuck a fusion core in it and not one of the settlers, or passers-by would take the damn thing.  
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 5:51:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Re: patch 1.3 - for the console people, did they remove the Dogmeat duplication exploit?

That's really the only way to build impressive settlements, duping delivery slips for materials.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 5:53:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Had that happen to a set...fast travelled after setting it up and realized I had left the fusion core in it.  Fast travelled back and it was already gone.  

On the flipside...I ended up with a set of 'stolen' raider armor...stuck a fusion core in it and not one of the settlers, or passers-by would take the damn thing.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dammit. I guess I'll just have to find another set. My armor row looks like a smile with a tooth knocked out
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 6:24:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Re: patch 1.3 - for the console people, did they remove the Dogmeat duplication exploit?

That's really the only way to build impressive settlements, duping delivery slips for materials.
View Quote

I think consoles are being updated in a day or two.

I'm really looking forward to this update - it'll tell you what a settler is assigned to.

Link Posted: 2/1/2016 7:13:21 PM EDT
[#7]
All my settlements have missle defenses,
but the only time i see them used ocassionally is Hangmans Alley.

Anyway of getting more raiders and super mutants to raid forts to test defenses?

BTW, artillery best weapon!!

Link Posted: 2/1/2016 7:19:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

I took the update today and am running a ton of mods and the game has been working well.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 7:24:12 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

View Quote
dogmeat duping shipments? maybe for duping rare ones like nuke materials, but otherwise youre doing it wrong

Link Posted: 2/1/2016 7:31:48 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

You cannot order your provisioners into power armor.  I tried.  Weird, considering how readily the settlers will jack a set.
View Quote

Make it so your provisioner jacks a set of power armor.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 7:40:35 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

You cannot order your provisioners into power armor.  I tried.  Weird, considering how readily the settlers will jack a set.

No idea how I'd manage that.  You can't give them commands beyond 'trade', and the only time they seem to 'use' PA is during an attack -- and not always then.

Link Posted: 2/1/2016 9:31:37 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I'm really looking forward to this update - it'll tell you what a settler is assigned to.

http://i.imgur.com/pJKFn3H.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/pJKFn3H.jpg

That is going to be great.  

Did they do anything with the settlement attack notifications?  

Link Posted: 2/1/2016 9:38:53 PM EDT
[#13]
I've been running beta 1.3 for a few days now. It's nice. What they did with the MM quests is a great improvement. They're still around, but not annoyingly so (you'll get one every few days in-game now), and they seem to have added in some more variety - Gunner attacks and the like that require building defenses and then fending off an active attack.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 11:42:43 PM EDT
[#14]
You guys spend hours working on a settlement and then you go ahead and delete something that completely fucks up your build only to realize your last save was several hours and several quests earlier? This is especially true if you are using mods, and more so if you are using the Spring Cleaning mod because it allows you to delete nearly everything. Yeah, because I just did that. I was at the drive through installing lights. Put a light on the one pylon holding up the other drive through roof. Then I realized that there was no replacement for it in the menu. Needless to say, I rage quit.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 12:18:39 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

You guys spend hours working on a settlement and then you go ahead and delete something that completely fucks up your build only to realize your last save was several hours and several quests earlier? This is especially true if you are using mods, and more so if you are using the Spring Cleaning mod because it allows you to delete nearly everything. Yeah, because I just did that. I was at the drive through installing lights. Put a light on the one pylon holding up the other drive through roof. Then I realized that there was no replacement for it in the menu. Needless to say, I rage quit.
View Quote

Not any moore, man...  I've taken to dropping out of build to make a clean save every once in awhile.  Unfortunate incident deleting one of the floor sections in Croup after having not saved in well over an hour.

In other news, I think Connie Abernathy might have altzheimer's.  One minute she's thanking me and gushing about how she'll never forget what I've done for them, and the next, she's telling me how I might as well move along since they don't like strangers.  Which isn't as annoying as when she tells me how they're not hiring after I've just sunk several thousand caps worth of buildings and defenses into the place.

Link Posted: 2/2/2016 1:15:10 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I took the update today and am running a ton of mods and the game has been working well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Same here.

My mod list is huge, can't fit into a single column on a 1080P screen, and installing this new patch didn't seem to screw anything up.

Link Posted: 2/2/2016 3:55:44 AM EDT
[#17]
Found out something disturbing from a terminal today.  The Raiders were formerly Minutemen under the old General!
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 7:18:14 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Found out something disturbing from a terminal today.  The Raiders were formerly Minutemen under the old General!
View Quote

Click To View Spoiler

yeah  first time you run through there, you can loot a MM hat off of the boss

though I cant argue with their logic. its easier and safer to let people pay you not to attack them than for you to protect those same useless folks
Minutemen were a pretty backstabby group. check out the terminals if you ever get down to quincy
preston might just be the one stand up, semi trustworthy guy in the entire faction, but I wouldnt let him out of my sight ifn i were you

Link Posted: 2/2/2016 7:58:06 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

View Quote

Those guys were one handful of remnants of one faction under a particular general.  I felt kind of bad for them-- their boss did his best to keep from going down the wrong road, but it's hard to watch your people starve to death while shitbags are cheating you out of the food to fill their bellies.  At some point, you just naturally run out of sympathy for those who eventually become your victims.

Re: the new patch.  I can say for sure that the Sanctuary population has been reading true since it installed.  Red Rocket on the other hand... Currently showing a population of 29 where it should be 15.  It's happened every four or five hours since the patch installed.

Link Posted: 2/2/2016 8:26:33 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Click To View Spoiler

though I cant argue with their logic. its easier and safer to let people pay you not to attack them than for you to protect those same useless folks

Minutemen were a pretty backstabby group. check out the terminals if you ever get down to quincy

preston might just be the one stand up, semi trustworthy guy in the entire faction, but I wouldnt let him out of my sight ifn i were you

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Click To View Spoiler

On the spoiler... yep.  second visit there. Didn't bother with the terminal the first time.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 9:16:31 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

When people shoot at you you should shoot them back "guns" and other "weapons" are good for this
Radiation is bad
You can take "stimpaks" if your health gets low

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So I know this is gonna sound stupid but I finally found a couple things that made the game a whole lot better.

1. VATS. That is such a sweet perk. Wish I would have know about it a long time ago
2. Repairing armor. Why I didn't figure out how to do that a long time ago, I don't know
3. Scraping stuff around the area. I thought you could only find items while out and about. Didn't know you could scrap items
4. Upgrading colonies. Again didn't know you had to do it. Thought they did it themselves.

So what other basic things am I missing? lol...

When people shoot at you you should shoot them back "guns" and other "weapons" are good for this
Radiation is bad

There are hot chicks that can become your girlfriends. This is the case even if you yourself are also a hot chick.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 10:54:31 AM EDT
[#22]

Nice!

Link Posted: 2/2/2016 10:57:56 AM EDT
[#23]
Someone posted a Glock 20 mod last night, too. Haven't tried it yet.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 12:27:56 PM EDT
[#24]

Hell. Yes.

Downloaded it.

Model looks good.  Reload animation is screwy, but I'm just happy to have a G3.  
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 3:40:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

There are hot chicks that can become your girlfriends. This is the case even if you yourself are also a hot chick.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So I know this is gonna sound stupid but I finally found a couple things that made the game a whole lot better.

1. VATS. That is such a sweet perk. Wish I would have know about it a long time ago
2. Repairing armor. Why I didn't figure out how to do that a long time ago, I don't know
3. Scraping stuff around the area. I thought you could only find items while out and about. Didn't know you could scrap items
4. Upgrading colonies. Again didn't know you had to do it. Thought they did it themselves.

So what other basic things am I missing? lol...

Radiation is bad

I may or may not be involved in a lesbian robot relationship with a certain French scientist
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 3:47:55 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm just now getting into the weapon mods.

Honestly, I would prefer if one of them were just a reskin of the ginormous Assault Rifle, with similar stats.

The FAL, the G3, and the AK all look nice, though.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 3:57:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 6:08:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 6:10:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

So I need to build arty at every settlement now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Anyway of getting more raiders and super mutants to raid forts to test defenses?

http://youtu.be/y98rh3LipSE

Fuck artillery. I was at a location that was literally right next to a settlement with artillery and I was told it was out of range. I could see the settlement from where I was.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 6:29:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Affirmative, you will never be out of range.  Get the perk that helps smoke flare throwing

No bad guys want to come around my settlements

Link Posted: 2/2/2016 6:59:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Man, you really hate Covenant
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 7:25:40 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 8:22:39 PM EDT
[#33]
oh god, I can't breathe.....

Link Posted: 2/3/2016 8:45:36 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

The comments on it are hilarious, too.

Preston Garvey:
Once you're done laughing, there's another settlement that needs your help, here, I'll mark it on your map...
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 11:04:11 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Preston Garvey:
Once you're done laughing, there's another settlement that needs your help, here, I'll mark it on your map...

Link Posted: 2/3/2016 11:44:07 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Preston Garvey:

The Garvey jokes never get old.

Link Posted: 2/3/2016 11:57:43 AM EDT
[#37]
So are there any places in the game that are really challenging?  I am level 43 now.  I have several sets of X01 armor, one of them is upgraded to level 2 now. Preston is my partner.  I have almost maxed out Overseers Guardian.  I believe its at damage 245 now.  I have like 10K .45 rounds for it.  I have not yet upgraded it to a .308 receiver, but will shortly.

I changed the difficulty to survival and went and raided a few places in the South part of the map.  I ran into several Death Claws etc, but I have yet to run into something that takes more than a few shots to kill with Overseers Guardian.  That rifle is simply OP.   I ran into a Legendary Behemoth that had a skull next to its name, so I thought I was going to have a hard time killing it.  It almost instantly broke Prestons X01 armor set and made him take a knee, but I shot it in the head about 8 times with my OG rifle and it dropped easily.  

Most Legendary foes, even when they have a skull next to their name, even on survival mode, drop with just a few shots from the OG.  So its not really even challenging.  

My son and I followed the Institute for this first run and the most difficult time we had was finishing off the BOS.  Even then we just used our surplus of 500 Stimpacks and never died.  They shot our armor to pieces though.  

I am working on getting my Science perk up now since I have Gun Nut maxed now.  I need to get Armorer up as well.  

So anyone have any suggestions on a quest or place to raid that will be difficult and rewarding?

Link Posted: 2/3/2016 12:09:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
So are there any places in the game that are really challenging?  I am level 43 now.  I have several sets of X01 armor, one of them is upgraded to level 2 now. Preston is my partner.  I have almost maxed out Overseers Guardian.  I believe its at damage 245 now.  I have like 10K .45 rounds for it.  I have not yet upgraded it to a .308 receiver, but will shortly.

I changed the difficulty to survival and went and raided a few places in the South part of the map.  I ran into several Death Claws etc, but I have yet to run into something that takes more than a few shots to kill with Overseers Guardian.  That rifle is simply OP.   I ran into a Legendary Behemoth that had a skull next to its name, so I thought I was going to have a hard time killing it.  It almost instantly broke Prestons X01 armor set and made him take a knee, but I shot it in the head about 8 times with my OG rifle and it dropped easily.  

Most Legendary foes, even when they have a skull next to their name, even on survival mode, drop with just a few shots from the OG.  So its not really even challenging.  

My son and I followed the Institute for this first run and the most difficult time we had was finishing off the BOS.  Even then we just used our surplus of 500 Stimpacks and never died.  They shot our armor to pieces though.  

I am working on getting my Science perk up now since I have Gun Nut maxed now.  I need to get Armorer up as well.  

So anyone have any suggestions on a quest or place to raid that will be difficult and rewarding?

View Quote

I'm playing on very hard, and agree most stuff dies very quickly with the OG...

If you want a challenge swap to a different weapon....seriously, I switched to an upgraded laser pistol for a while and got wrecked.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 12:46:04 PM EDT
[#39]
Anybody down for getting a higher-than-normal attribute armor list going?

I've got three to submit:

Charisma:
Reginald's Suit - 3 Charisma - I think you get it after rescuing the dude from Trinity Tower, can't remember if his name was Reginald or not. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Agatha's Dress - 3 Charisma - Get it from the chick at the dude's radio station after you free him

Endurance:
Sea Captain's Hat - 2 Endurance (while most hats have only 1 attribute point) - I got it somewhere between the Slocum's Joe quest for the RR and their HQ. Can't remember which.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 1:26:12 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Charisma:
Reginald's Suit - 3 Charisma - I think you get it after rescuing the dude from Trinity Tower, can't remember if his name was Reginald or not. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Agatha's Dress - 3 Charisma - Get it from the chick at the dude's radio station after you free him

Endurance:
Sea Captain's Hat - 2 Endurance (while most hats have only 1 attribute point) - I got it somewhere between the Slocum's Joe quest for the RR and their HQ. Can't remember which.
View Quote

I think the outfit Rex gives you is based on your gender. As a female PC, he gave me the dress.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 1:28:50 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 1:33:50 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I think the outfit Rex gives you is based on your gender. As a female PC, he gave me the dress.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Charisma:

Endurance:

Ah, gotcha. I got the dress on my second playthrough, guess I don't recall getting Reginald's suit on that one. I only noticed it after I talked to the chick at the radio station and she thanked me, I assumed she gave it to me as she is the resident seamstress.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 1:35:21 PM EDT
[#43]
I'm actually trying to build a settlement finally.

This shit is very frustrating on the console.  Bethesda needs to overhaul it completely or at least implement the PC mods.  It's nearly impossible to build things without countless trial-and-error.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 3:38:07 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote
Every once in a while all of the super mutants at Big John's Salvage will spawn as Warlords and legendaries, many of which are armed with miniguns and overcharged laser rifles.  I've arrived there after they've battled and beaten 3-4 BoS paladins with gatling lasers and laser rifles and they can still give me trouble.  A few times I've been driven back to the point where I have to use my explosive shotgun, or worse my explosive minigun.  That thing is like calling in an air strike from an A-10.  

Edit: I was trying to think of when I had a REALLY bad time there, it wasn't just the super mutants.  I just remembered that the South Boston Military Checkpoint is right over there too and if you get lucky (or unlucky) you end up with high level super mutants on one side of you and high level gunners with an Assaultatron on the other side of you.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 3:43:10 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Every once in a while all of the super mutants at Big John's Salvage will spawn as Warlords and legendaries, many of which are armed with miniguns and overcharged laser rifles.  I've arrived there after they've battled and beaten 3-4 BoS paladins with gatling lasers and laser rifles and they can still give me trouble.  A few times I've been driven back to the point where I have to use my explosive shotgun, or worse my explosive minigun.  That thing is like calling in an air strike from an A-10.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Quincy ruins are almost always full of high-level Gunners, as well, and they often have the high ground (rooftops and the highway).
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 3:53:31 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

The Quincy ruins are almost always full of high-level Gunners, as well, and they often have the high ground (rooftops and the highway).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I really only find them challenging when they've got a fatman.  I tried to stealth battle them at night but my companion (Preston, ironically) blew our cover right off the bat so I just went run and gun on their asses and cleaned them out.  
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 11:02:58 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I really only find them challenging when they've got a fatman.  I tried to stealth battle them at night but my companion (Preston, ironically) blew our cover right off the bat so I just went run and gun on their asses and cleaned them out.  
View Quote

High level stingwings are the worse.  They're fast, hard to target, can't be crippled, and are poisonous.  Unless you have an explosive shotgun, they will ruin your day; even when you survive the fight, the poison will still kill you.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 11:44:15 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
High level stingwings are the worse.  They're fast, hard to target, can't be crippled, and are poisonous.  Unless you have an explosive shotgun, they will ruin your day; even when you survive the fight, the poison will still kill you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

the only answer to stingwings and bloodbugs is vats.  though I'm not sure how effective that will be anymore if they fixed macreadys perk

At this point the only thing that spooks me are those stealth assaultrons.  cant lock on in vats while theyre invisible and even with level 5 ballistic weave those death rays of theirs are damn near one hit kills

Link Posted: 2/4/2016 2:29:57 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

I'm actually trying to build a settlement finally.

This shit is very frustrating on the console.  Bethesda needs to overhaul it completely or at least implement the PC mods.  It's nearly impossible to build things without countless trial-and-error.
View Quote

Precise object placement.  Works wonders

Link Posted: 2/4/2016 2:31:13 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

Tai
Tdetect
Player.placeatme (id) (number)

Move away,

Tai
Tdetect

Is a lot of fun creating 100 raider survivalists and letting the defenses tear them apart.
Page / 310
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top