Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 310
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 1:59:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That's the same thing I did in my second playthrough. After obtaining every variant I just took the armor pieces off the frames I found. I used power armor during the final BoS mission just to play the part, but it's worthless and maintenance heavy to me otherwise. If the armor didn't break and I didn't have to use fusion cores it might be fun.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm not sure which hotrod flame job I like better.

http://i.imgur.com/QHFgdRw.jpg

And I think I have more power armor than I can use.

http://i.imgur.com/0voCYej.jpg

How do you have so many? I collected everyone of them on the map and I have about 25 sets. I never bought any though

BOS is an endless supply of T60's.

I spent a week collecting, but I never use the damn things. Ended up collecting as many variants (colors/ armor, etc) as I could and set them up as a museum like decorations around my pad (like modern samurai suits).

That's the same thing I did in my second playthrough. After obtaining every variant I just took the armor pieces off the frames I found. I used power armor during the final BoS mission just to play the part, but it's worthless and maintenance heavy to me otherwise. If the armor didn't break and I didn't have to use fusion cores it might be fun.

think I have like 300+ fusion cores at this point. I pretty much intentionally try to waste them but after get the extended core life perks and bobblehead, I usually end up with three more before I can even drain one. With fully upgraded x01 suites they don't break too much either
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 2:07:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Laser gat from BOS is awesome.  Now, if I'd just quit hitting reload when I have a breather...I'd quit wasting fusion cores with it.  
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 2:41:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
How far into the BoS missions do you need to go before getting the named power armor?
View Quote

You mean before getting a BOS T60, or getting the legendary/unique armor pieces?
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 2:47:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

How do you have so many? I collected everyone of them on the map and I have about 25 sets. I never bought any though
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stealing power armor from raiders, occasionally BOS, buying frames, looting armor off dead BOS.  Before I took that screen shot that row of T60s was all empty frames.  I have about 60 sets worth of BOS armor in my workbench.  Maybe I'll start equipping my provisioners or something.
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 4:55:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Couple pics of the drive in settlement.

Link Posted: 1/30/2016 4:57:03 PM EDT
[#6]

Link Posted: 1/30/2016 4:59:02 PM EDT
[#7]
In true Arfcom fashion no settlement worth it's salt wouldn't have a range.

Link Posted: 1/30/2016 5:20:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

think I have like 300+ fusion cores at this point. I pretty much intentionally try to waste them but after get the extended core life perks and bobblehead, I usually end up with three more before I can even drain one. With fully upgraded x01 suites they don't break too much either
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

BOS is an endless supply of T60's.

I spent a week collecting, but I never use the damn things. Ended up collecting as many variants (colors/ armor, etc) as I could and set them up as a museum like decorations around my pad (like modern samurai suits).

I have around the same amount of fusion cores as well. The thing is the PA is the only breakable item in the game and they will eventually break.They made the game lazy so make it all lazy or go back to where everything needs maintenance. The more advanced armor requires more advanced materials to fix it and I don't feel like carrying that stuff around or scrounging for it. It's also not necessary since you can have armor and clothing that has more than enough damage resistance. There are weapons and perks so powerful that taking on anything is a walk in the park. Then there's the dopey walking/running animation of the PA like you're desperately looking for a bathroom.  (BTW,no need for mod links from anyone)
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 6:18:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

You mean before getting a BOS T60, or getting the legendary/unique armor pieces?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How far into the BoS missions do you need to go before getting the named power armor?

The legendary pieces of armor. Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 6:28:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

The scavenger perk really increases the amount of ammo you find.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So I rented this game while I am laid up for a few days. I played this damn thing for 10hrs yesterday. It is so easy to get wrapped up in it.

I havent gotten far but am slowly figuring it out. Seems like my biggest headache is weapons. I am constantly having to switch weapons as I run out of ammo. Any help with this?

Yep.   put several upgrades into that... .38 ammo gets plentiful.  Soon as you can though get an assault rifle (5.56) with decent stats, scrap the  pipe pistols/rifles then go to vendors and buy all the 5.56 they have, sell all the .38, .45, .308 you have to pay for it.
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 7:12:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Yep... Power armor sucks balls. It's mostly worthless once you are leveled a bit and have ballistic weave.

I can run 10x farther, use VATS all I want and carry more than enough without it. If they would have only given a chest armor piece with a jet pack power armor would be entirely unnecessary.
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 7:14:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Yep.   put several upgrades into that... .38 ammo gets plentiful.  Soon as you can though get an assault rifle (5.56) with decent stats, scrap the  pipe pistols/rifles then go to vendors and buy all the 5.56 they have, sell all the .38, .45, .308 you have to pay for it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So I rented this game while I am laid up for a few days. I played this damn thing for 10hrs yesterday. It is so easy to get wrapped up in it.

I havent gotten far but am slowly figuring it out. Seems like my biggest headache is weapons. I am constantly having to switch weapons as I run out of ammo. Any help with this?

Not so sure on the .45...I give Cait the Overseer rifle.  Watching her go at it with bayonet is fun.  
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 7:14:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok. How do I get that?

Second row, far right.

http://www.gamerevolution.com/images/misc/fallout-4-perkchart-firsthalf.jpg

http://media1.gameinformer.com/filestorage/CommunityServer.Components.SiteFiles/imagefeed/featured/bethesda/fallout/fallout4/Scavenger.jpg

Completely worthless perk.  If you're short ammo, just buy some.
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 7:17:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Yep... Power armor sucks balls. It's mostly worthless once you are leveled a bit and have ballistic weave.

I can run 10x farther, use VATS all I want and carry more than enough without it. If they would have only given a chest armor piece with a jet pack power armor would be entirely unnecessary.
View Quote

BOS T60 with torso 'assist' is +2 strength; then add the calibrated shocks to the legs for extra carry capacity.  With deep pockets on everything, couple of points in carry capacity...you are now known as Mr. Packrat.  
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 8:11:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok. How do I get that?

Second row, far right.

http://www.gamerevolution.com/images/misc/fallout-4-perkchart-firsthalf.jpg

http://media1.gameinformer.com/filestorage/CommunityServer.Components.SiteFiles/imagefeed/featured/bethesda/fallout/fallout4/Scavenger.jpg

Naw... you'll still find lots of calibers you don't need, and you can sell that to get the stuff you do.
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 10:13:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Seems my .50 Cal. Hunting Rifle has gone full retard. When I go  to a weapons workbench it seems there is no option for barrels any more.

" />

Drive in fortress is coming along.

" />

" />

" />

" />
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 10:58:39 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Stealing power armor from raiders, occasionally BOS, buying frames, looting armor off dead BOS.  Before I took that screen shot that row of T60s was all empty frames.  I have about 60 sets worth of BOS armor in my workbench.  Maybe I'll start equipping my provisioners or something.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Holy fucknuggets, why didn't I think of that?  I've already got most of my security personnel rocking high speed shredding miniguns, so why not?

I'll report back to let you all know whether the PA becomes immortal like the ammo becomes infinite.

Link Posted: 1/31/2016 1:06:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

BOS T60 with torso 'assist' is +2 strength; then add the calibrated shocks to the legs for extra carry capacity.  With deep pockets on everything, couple of points in carry capacity...you are now known as Mr. Packrat.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can carry over 650 lbs with my power armor on
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 1:43:12 PM EDT
[#19]
With Strong Back maxed out you can still move at normal speed when overloaded, it just uses action points.  And you can fast travel.

I have around 20 sets of power armor and I'm sad that I'm better off without it.
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 2:40:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
With Strong Back maxed out you can still move at normal speed when overloaded, it just uses action points.  And you can fast travel.

I have around 20 sets of power armor and I'm sad that I'm better off without it.
View Quote

My carry weight is better wtih army fatigues (+1 str) and a full set of deep pocketed combat armor than it is in power armor.
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 3:25:17 PM EDT
[#21]

How do you build extra power staions for your armor?   I see you guys with warehouses full of stations, and I only have one.

Link Posted: 1/31/2016 3:43:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

How do you build extra power staions for your armor?   I see you guys with warehouses full of stations, and I only have one.

View Quote

There is a hoist in the build menu with the various stations (chem lab, etc) that you can build.
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 7:00:05 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

My carry weight is better wtih army fatigues (+1 str) and a full set of deep pocketed combat armor than it is in power armor.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Fuck you guys! POWER ARMORS FOREVER ESSE!

Link Posted: 1/31/2016 7:21:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

There is a hoist in the build menu with the various stations (chem lab, etc) that you can build.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.   I see it now.    Guess I have to finally put points in the Local Leader perk.
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 8:02:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Level 59 and I finally got the Deliverer. This gun is awesome!
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 8:05:22 PM EDT
[#26]
You cannot order your provisioners into power armor.  I tried.  Weird, considering how readily the settlers will jack a set.
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 11:52:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Im about to run out of things to do in the game before finishing it

Starting to get bored,hope the DLC comes out soon
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 1:10:57 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I still think its retarded that you lose any clothing/armor bonuses when you climb into PA.  you dont undress to get into the suit, so theres no reason for it

Link Posted: 2/1/2016 1:15:02 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I still think its retarded that you lose any clothing/armor bonuses when you climb into PA.  you dont undress to get into the suit, so theres no reason for it

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.  The stats and perks stacking would he nice.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 2:04:45 AM EDT
[#30]

It doesnt seem right that I find bad mods are more entertaining than the good one, but turning deathclaws into macho man randy savage is something that should have been done from the beginning

Link Posted: 2/1/2016 10:17:25 AM EDT
[#31]
I have collected all of the power armor sets in the game. The only time I have used any of them past level 15 or so is when I went in to take out the Institute.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 12:41:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 12:43:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
So I know this is gonna sound stupid but I finally found a couple things that made the game a whole lot better.

1. VATS. That is such a sweet perk. Wish I would have know about it a long time ago
2. Repairing armor. Why I didn't figure out how to do that a long time ago, I don't know
3. Scraping stuff around the area. I thought you could only find items while out and about. Didn't know you could scrap items
4. Upgrading colonies. Again didn't know you had to do it. Thought they did it themselves.

So what other basic things am I missing? lol...
View Quote

When people shoot at you you should shoot them back "guns" and other "weapons" are good for this
Radiation is bad
You can take "stimpaks" if your health gets low

Link Posted: 2/1/2016 12:43:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 2:37:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm like level 105 or something and I still use it as my primary pistol.  I've gotten so good with it that even when the sights completely disappear in stealth mode I still get head shots first try.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 2:43:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I'm like level 105 or something and I still use it as my primary pistol.  I've gotten so good with it that even when the sights completely disappear in stealth mode I still get head shots first try.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I love how it one shots the limbs off of ghouls. You can literally just sit there and toy with them.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 2:53:43 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

When people shoot at you you should shoot them back "guns" and other "weapons" are good for this
Radiation is bad

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So I know this is gonna sound stupid but I finally found a couple things that made the game a whole lot better.

1. VATS. That is such a sweet perk. Wish I would have know about it a long time ago
2. Repairing armor. Why I didn't figure out how to do that a long time ago, I don't know
3. Scraping stuff around the area. I thought you could only find items while out and about. Didn't know you could scrap items
4. Upgrading colonies. Again didn't know you had to do it. Thought they did it themselves.

So what other basic things am I missing? lol...

Radiation is bad

Link Posted: 2/1/2016 2:54:25 PM EDT
[#38]
View Quote

That's actually pretty horrifying.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 2:58:09 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I love how it one shots the limbs off of ghouls. You can literally just sit there and toy with them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Deliverer is my favorite gun in the game. I can't even stay stocked in 10mm. I sell shit just so I can clean every vendor out of 10mm and 308 for the overseers guardian.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 2:58:25 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I'm contemplating downloading it just for the creep factor.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 3:01:20 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hmm, I'm thinking pretty far as one piece comes from the dude who gives you the radiant quests to help with squires.  He may actually be the guy who gives you 2 pieces of it.  I'm pretty sure he gave me one after completing the mission to kill virgil.

I think the armorer on the Predwyn sells the t-60 legs, Honor and Vengeance.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 3:06:01 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

The Deliverer is my favorite gun in the game. I can't even stay stocked in 10mm. I sell shit just so I can clean every vendor out of 10mm and 308 for the overseers guardian.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You need to set up your own weapons emporium shop.  They carry way more ammo than other vendors out there.  If you set up more than one shop though you won't get more ammo, just more caps in your work bench, they all share the same inventory.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 3:08:01 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

You need to set up your own weapons emporium shop.  They carry way more ammo than other vendors out there.  If you set up more than one shop though you won't get more ammo, just more caps in your work bench, they all share the same inventory.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks I'll have to look into that.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 3:09:51 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Thanks I'll have to look into that.
View Quote

I haven't had to buy 10mm in a while, but I go through shotgun shells like crazy so I'm always buying those up.  Even after investing in him, Arturo might have like 40 shotgun shells in his inventory, while my vendor at the Red Rocket usually has 150-200.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 3:25:33 PM EDT
[#45]
Official  1.3 came out.  Just downloaded via steam, for me.

New Features

New ambient occlusion setting, HBAO+ (PC)
New weapon debris effects (PC NVIDIA cards)
Added status menu for settlers in your settlements
Added ability to rotate an object you are holding with left/right triggers and pressing down on left thumbstick lets you switch the rotating axis
Improved "ESDF" keys remapping support while in Workshop mode (PC)

Gameplay Fixes

General memory and stability improvements
Improved performance when looking through a scope
Fixed issue where player could warp to a different location when aiming
Companions can no longer get stuck with radiation poisoning
Fixed an issue where Vault 81 residents would not dismember correctly
Big Leagues perk now displays calculated damage correctly
Fixed issue with third person camera not displaying properly after exiting certain crafting stations
Fixed an issue where subtitles would occasionally not update properly
Effects will properly be removed on companions when items are unequipped
MacReady’s Killshot perk now calculates headshot percentages properly
Fixed an issue with NPCs getting stuck in Power Armor
Fixed a rare issue with companions getting stuck in down state
Second rank of Aquaboy now calculates properly
Fixed an issue with resistance not always lowering the damage correctly when added by mods
Enabled number of characters available when renaming an item (XB1)
Fixed issue with player becoming dismembered while still alive
Robotics expert is now usable in combat
Stimpaks can now be used on Curie after the transformation
Playing a holotape found in wilderness while switching point of view no
longer causes the screen to blur or controls to be locked

Quest Fixes

Fixed an issue with "Taking Independence" where the minutemen remaining from the battle against the Mirelurk Queen would not gather in the Castle
Fixed an issue where invulnerable characters would get stuck in combat
Fixed an issue where Preston would send player to a settlement instead of a dungeon as part of a Minutemen quest
Fixed an issue where Synths could attack the Castle while the player was friends with the Institute
Fixed an issue where killing a caravan would leave a quest open
Fixed an issue where Dogmeat would stay at Fort Hagen after "Reunions" was completed
Fixed an issue where the player couldn't talk to Desdemona to complete "Underground Undercover"
Fixed an issue where the player could get stuck exiting the cryopod
Fixed an issue where the player could no longer get Preston as a companion
In "The End of the Line," fixed an issue that would prevent the player from killing the leaders of the Railroad
Fixed an issue with Minutemen quests repeating improperly
Fixed an issue where the player couldn't get back into the Railroad headquarters after being kicked out of the Brotherhood of Steel
After finishing "The Big Dig," fixed an issue where Hancock would no longer offer to be a companion or help with the "Silver Shroud" quest
Fixed an issue with obtaining the Dampening Coils from Saugus Ironworks before going to Yangtze
During "Unlikely Valentine," fixed an issue where the player could be blocked from entering Vault 114
In "Confidence Man," Bull and Gouger can now be killed
During "Taking Independence," fixed an issue that would prevent the radio transmitter from powering up
In "Human Error," fixed an issue where killing Dan would cause the quest to not complete properly
Fixed an issue with "Tactical Thinking" where leaving dialogue early with
Captain Kells to reprogram P.A.M. could cause quest to not completely properly

Workshop Fixes

Fixed a bug that would cause settler counts to appear incorrectly
Fixed an issue that could prevent the player from setting up a supply line in settlements with a high population
Improvements to snapping pieces together while in Workshop mode
Fixed an issue that caused powered items to stop functioning permanently if its power source was ever removed
Player can now build workbenches in their Diamond City house
Building wires no longer uses up copper
Fixed issue with certain settlement attacks not generating properly
Fixed an issue with settlement happiness calculations
Settlers assigned to weapons stand will now stand next to it
Diamond City house now shows provided power
Repairing items will now correctly consume resources
Fixed an issue where companion would ignore commands at workshop locations
Fixed an issue with crops appearing destroyed after saving and reloading

Thank you for your continued support. If you have feedback to share, contact our support staff here.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 3:27:10 PM EDT
[#46]
And, from what folks are saying on the forums...they asploded the game.

(ETA)  At least for folks running mods, apparently.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 3:28:49 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

looks like I'll be playing in offline mode for a while
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 3:29:52 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 3:34:13 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I used it heavily until I found a Wounding 10mm. It does as much (or slightly more) damage, has a reflex sight, and a larger magazine.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 3:34:41 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

(ETA)  At least for folks running mods, apparently.
View Quote

So glad I didn't downloaded the patch.
Page / 310
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top