Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How would they co-op V.A.T.S.?
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/2/2015 2:17:51 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Nobody has put forward this idea yet:  CHINA.  What about it taking place in China?
View Quote

I won't be able to read anything
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 2:19:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

Assuming you'd have to give up the bullet-time slomo effects, I imagine it would just look like any other kill, except the player appears to take longer to line up a shot. Maybe a little VATS icon over their head so you don't think they've lost con?
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 2:22:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Nobody has put forward this idea yet:  CHINA.  What about it taking place in China?
View Quote

Was that where the ninja suit was from inside the dam?
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 2:26:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Agreed. Single player experience is better, especially once you add in mods. Fallout using the Skyrim engine, that's all I want here.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
If they make it a fallout online like they did with elder scrolls Bethesda will be dead to me

Fallout Online could be spectacular. Fallout Online that was as badly FUBAR as ESO would lead to marching on Bethesda with torches and pitchforks, myself included.

Fuck that.  Give me a huge open world adventure game, the thing that fallout is known for.

I would rather interact with interesting npcs than foul mouthed, bunny hopping 12 year olds.

Not everything has to be shared with online strangers.

Agreed. Single player experience is better, especially once you add in mods. Fallout using the Skyrim engine, that's all I want here.

Unreal 4 engine with DX12 mo betta
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 2:27:17 PM EDT
[#6]
FapFapFapFap.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 2:28:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

I mentioned that in the war gaming section a couple months ago...

welcome back, stranger....
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 2:34:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Always thought the Canadians of Ronto (toronto, mentioned in The Pitt as a military powerhouse in the Fallout universe) fighting BoS or Enclave from Chicago, over the factories in Detroit, would make a good story.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd like to see it in the Chicago area in the winter.

That or Detroit.  Not the current hello hole of Detroit, but the Fallout equivalent of World War 2 Detroit.  The Arsenal of Democracy, tanks, guns, armor, possibly still being produced, either by automated factories or the BoS or such.  Canadian partisans still fighting from years of forgotten hatred.  Mafia like the Purple Gang still running about.

Always thought the Canadians of Ronto (toronto, mentioned in The Pitt as a military powerhouse in the Fallout universe) fighting BoS or Enclave from Chicago, over the factories in Detroit, would make a good story.

To much map, you would have to use quick travel portals.

I think it would work better kind of like Fallout New Vegas.  Detroit on one Side of the Detroit River, Windsor on the other, the battle is over the bridge/tunnel.  3 factions, the Purple gang/mafia want an independent Detroit and to be another empire, another power (NCR, Ceasers Legion, BOS, or Enclave are all good choices, though the NCR and Ceasers Leagon might be a stretch) and The Canadians/Toronto both of whome want Detroit for its factories and also for the unnamed power as a staging ground/beachhead into Canada, and for the Canadians as a beach head into the U.S. Or whatever it is.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 2:35:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
FapFapFapFap.
View Quote

This thread makes me moist.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 2:35:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I think it would work better kind of like Fallout New Vegas.  Detroit on one Side of the Detroit River, Windsor on the other, the battle is over the bridge/tunnel.  3 factions, the Purple gang/mafia want an independent Detroit and to be another empire, another power (NCR, Ceasers Legion, BOS, or Enclave are all good choices, though the NCR and Ceasers Leagon might be a stretch) and The Canadians/Toronto both of whome want Detroit for its factories and also for the unnamed power as a staging ground/beachhead into Canada, and for the Canadians as a beach head into the U.S. Or whatever it is.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That or Detroit.  Not the current hello hole of Detroit, but the Fallout equivalent of World War 2 Detroit.  The Arsenal of Democracy, tanks, guns, armor, possibly still being produced, either by automated factories or the BoS or such.  Canadian partisans still fighting from years of forgotten hatred.  Mafia like the Purple Gang still running about.

I like that idea.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 2:35:54 PM EDT
[#11]
I think NYC would be the best.

Link Posted: 6/2/2015 2:36:07 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If they make it a fallout online like they did with elder scrolls Bethesda will be dead to me

Fallout Online could be spectacular. Fallout Online that was as badly FUBAR as ESO would lead to marching on Bethesda with torches and pitchforks, myself included.

Fuck that.  Give me a huge open world adventure game, the thing that fallout is known for.

I would rather interact with interesting npcs than foul mouthed, bunny hopping 12 year olds.

Not everything has to be shared with online strangers.

I would be shocked if it was on anything but the Creation engine.  That's just the way Bethesda seems to do things.

Link Posted: 6/2/2015 2:37:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Agreed.

Plus the salt mines under Detroit.  Either a giant vault, or storehouse, or slaves mining salt to fund a warlord.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed.

Plus the salt mines under Detroit.  Either a giant vault, or storehouse, or slaves mining salt to fund a warlord.

I like this.  maybe even a secret route under the river.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 2:38:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Yeah, I'm down if its with NPC's.  Main reason I'm not playing Elder Scrolls online is I hate playing with other people.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 2:38:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Tomorrow:

Fallout Online announced

Experience the Fallout MMO universe
$60 + subscription
Paid DLC and microtransactions
PS4 exclusive weapons
Pre-order now to get a special Pipboy skin and 10,000 bottlecaps

Imagine the outrage
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 2:40:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Go back to turn based combat?
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 2:42:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

The FO3 soundtrack was the music for my wedding reception. The geek runs deep.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't want to set the world on fire. I just want to start a flame in your heart.

The FO3 soundtrack was the music for my wedding reception. The geek runs deep.

I walked down the aisle to "Kiss to Build a Dream On."

Then a few years later I loaded Fallout 2 up on a machine.  When the intro music came on she knew immediately she'd been had.  
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 2:43:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
There was talk of it taking place in Boston before but I secretly hope for a west coast based game.

You have any idea how much weird, post-apocalyptic shit they could pack in with a San Francisco setting?
View Quote

Already did.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 2:44:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Assuming you'd have to give up the bullet-time slomo effects, I imagine it would just look like any other kill, except the player appears to take longer to line up a shot. Maybe a little VATS icon over their head so you don't think they've lost con?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In V.A.T.S. you stop everything to choose where to hit the enemy NPC so by the time you get out of it the other player could of taken those NPCs down. The only way would be to eliminate V.A.T.S. altogether which would bring it closer to being just another FPS. I for one don't want to see them try and make it co-op since it would take away from the player surviving on their own. Hopefully they fixed when companions just straight up attack any enemy even while you're sneaking. I got rid of companions early on in the game because of it.

Me: "Sneaking...sneaking...okay they don't see me." Boone: "Nhhhaaa I've got you now!" Me: "WTF Boone?!"
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 2:45:23 PM EDT
[#20]
FWIW it is also one of IGN's front page stories. Not to mention being mentioned on Bethesda's FB.

I think it really is legit this time.  Now the only questions are

-how long has it been in development (ie, when will it come out)
-where will it take place
-are there any full retard deal killers (online only "fallout" MMO, XBOX exclusive, etc.)
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 2:49:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

In V.A.T.S. you stop everything to choose where to hit the enemy NPC so by the time you get out of it the other player could of taken those NPCs down. The only way would be to eliminate V.A.T.S. altogether which would bring it closer to being just another FPS. I for one don't want to see them try and make it co-op since it would take away from the player surviving on their own. Hopefully they fixed when companions just straight up attack any enemy even while you're sneaking. I got rid of companions early on in the game because of it.

Me: "Sneaking...sneaking...okay they don't see me." Boone: "Nhhhaaa I've got you now!" Me: "WTF Boone?!"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've played all the FO games, I'm not sure if they could pull it off or not, I was just thinking out loud about what it would look like from the outside. I agree that the current setup of the FO games doesn't lend itself to multiplayer.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 2:50:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Needs MOAR ragdoll
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 2:54:35 PM EDT
[#23]
ok... im a bit excited...  (work computer)
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 2:55:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I've played all the FO games, I'm not sure if they could pull it off or not, I was just thinking out loud about what it would look like from the outside. I agree that the current setup of the FO games doesn't lend itself to multiplayer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.  While not opposed to something like a huge single player campaign that gives you the option to play through with a friend, which wouldn't be too far off the reservation because you often have slaves/compainions in elder scrolls and fallout....I just don't know how they would get the co-op mechanics to work without sacrificing things from the single player.

Unless they were able to have a less clunky combat system (let's admit, fallout 3 and NV were awesome, but the non vats combat system left a lot to be desired) and say "we have the VAT'S system, but in order to have better balance, there will be no VAT's in co-op (or at least have a VAT'S system that doesn't freeze the game...I think that would be an okay option too)
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 2:56:37 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g277/lltek2002/ScreenShot_zpsmdd1f0l7.jpg
View Quote
why in the heck is the far right your primary display????

Link Posted: 6/2/2015 2:56:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
If true, glorious news. FO3 was my first Fallout, and I found it excellent but sometimes frustrating - had to use the map very frequently to figure out how to navigate the underground in DC. Still, it did allow for the superb creepiness of the ghoul screams echoing in the distance. Plus, Dunwich Building, and of course Liberty Prime. And I really enjoyed nuking Megaton.

FO:NV was also excellent, and far easier to navigate (aside from the odd radioactive flooded vault). The ability to side with multiple different factions was great, and I was highly amused when I found that the Gun Runner's shop was sealed up to prevent my usual technique of shoot the shopkeeper, steal the goods for early financial improvement. Of course the expansion packs provided some interesting weapons - but the best was the 1911 and Thompson from Honest Hearts. The 1911 with suppressor is great for stealth kills.
View Quote

The suppressed 1911 with the +P ammo fucked a lot of shit up when in VATS. I enjoyed all of the DLC's but I kept getting infuriated on Old World Blues and Lonesome Road when the game would glitch and freeze every 10mins.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 2:58:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And for once I thought I had an original idea . I would like to see what kind of damage the U.S. was able to inflict on the Chinese.  We saw how bad they rekt DC.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 2:59:20 PM EDT
[#28]
If they did co-op, stopping time would have to go away.  So opening inventories and containers could be risky and VATS would have to go.  Maybe lock out the ability of multiple players looking in the same container too.  Co-op would be really fun though, just a few days ago my brother was saying a co-op battle to raid the gun runners would be cool.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 2:59:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No good answer there other than thats where I like to have my web pages load, time sheet, general goofing off...  the other two are always a combination of solidworks / autocad / excel
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 3:00:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I like that idea.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I like that idea.

Might also be some interesting side mission possibilities with a ghoul community up around what's left of the Fermi Nuclear power plant.  Selfridge ANG base is in the map area as well.  Depending on how far south they wanted to go they could get the National Gaurd base at Port Clinton Ohio and maybe Ceder
Point amusement park in Sandusky.  Maybe as an expansion pack?

could have a cool classic MoTown theme/soundtrack as well.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 3:03:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
If they did co-op, stopping time would have to go away.  So opening inventories and containers could be risky and VATS would have to go.  Maybe lock out the ability of multiple players looking in the same container too.  Co-op would be really fun though, just a few days ago my brother was saying a co-op battle to raid the gun runners would be cool.
View Quote

Yup.  Assuming you had the supplies to support it, you could have someone giving sniper support from a 2nd floor window with the other player on the ground. Could be very Army of 2-ish if done right.

But IDK.  Part of me just doesn't want them to do anything that would detract from the main solo campaign.  That is the real draw here.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 3:05:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Nice.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 3:08:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Yup.  Assuming you had the supplies to support it, you could have someone giving sniper support from a 2nd floor window with the other player on the ground. Could be very Army of 2-ish if done right.

But IDK.  Part of me just doesn't want them to do anything that would detract from the main solo campaign.  That is the real draw here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly. Taking away certain elements would make it like so many other games already out there.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 3:16:31 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
 No good answer there other than thats where I like to have my web pages load, time sheet, general goofing off...  the other two are always a combination of solidworks / autocad / excel
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

no biggy, just my minor OCD speaking up, I need to rig up a triple monitor mount on of these days
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 3:21:06 PM EDT
[#35]
Inside the website's code is a reference to the Institute, referenced in Fallout 3, as the place that made androids and being within The Commonwealth, or Massachusetts.

Institute = Massachusetts Institute of Technology.

Boston.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 3:22:40 PM EDT
[#36]
In the website, I found an image file, called video-glitch:

I realized it was a series of images, so I split them (it was 7 separate images) and made a gif out of them.

This was the result:

I know what I think it looks like, what do you think?
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 3:23:53 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
no biggy, just my minor OCD speaking up, I need to rig up a triple monitor mount on of these days
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ha! I gotchya,  Im spoiled at the house and have the complete version of DisplayFusion so I can span the start bar across all monitors... but for the work machine I am not going to pay for it.  

ah well... I cant wait to see what they announce!  I really hope its a continuation of Fallout 3, and not some online MMO bs
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 3:26:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

http://fallout.bethsoft.com/assets/video-glitch.png

I realized it was a series of images, so I split them (it was 7 separate images) and made a gif out of them.

This was the result:

http://i.imgur.com/z8mStRM.gif

View Quote

Link Posted: 6/2/2015 3:27:05 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

This was the result:

View Quote

What do you think it looks like?  lol im terrible at these sorts of things

Or better yet, does it help any viewing the individual images?

Link Posted: 6/2/2015 3:27:10 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

This was the result:

View Quote

Looks like the fallout logo to me
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 3:27:53 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This was the result:

I see it.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 3:29:32 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Bethsoft.com is not owned by Bethesda but has its registration information masked to a zenimax which was used in the hoax from the previous time we thought fallout 4 was coming.

I think the asshole that did the last hoax is doing it again.

The last campaign had all the right Bethesda logos as well. I won't believe it till its on my desk.
View Quote
LOL glad someone else remembers the last time this all happened.

Also, you guys all hear about the 2016 bronco?

Link Posted: 6/2/2015 3:31:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Bethsoft.com is not owned by Bethesda but has its registration information masked to a zenimax which was used in the hoax from the previous time we thought fallout 4 was coming.

The last campaign had all the right Bethesda logos as well. I won't believe it till its on my desk.
View Quote

Still need proof?
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 3:32:16 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/Tb4-A2zoX4o/maxresdefault.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/Tb4-A2zoX4o/maxresdefault.jpg

OR, OR, you could read the whole thread and see that it's been confirmed everywhere.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 3:33:59 PM EDT
[#45]
Here are the individual images in order:

Link Posted: 6/2/2015 3:42:32 PM EDT
[#47]
Waiting to see what is the announcement!

As far as Multiplayer, I think they could pull it off.  I don't use the VATs very often at all.  I play like a FPS.  Without VATS, there could very easily be a coop mode.

Personally, I'd rather see a big single player story, just like Fallout 3 and New Vegas, with the various DLCs.  I thought those stories were great, as was the gameplay.

Then we can all hold our breath for the next Elder Scrolls game.  
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 3:47:42 PM EDT
[#48]
I know this is a pipe dream, but a post in the gaming section made me think...

Has there ever been a large scale game like this that was able to stay completely under the radar for the whole development, and just showed up in stores one day with commercials and ads for it?  

I  know there is now chance in hell of that happening...but damn, I'm jus thinking how cool it would be of the announcement was "oh, by the way, fallout 4 comes out next Tuesday."
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 3:49:04 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

This was the result:

View Quote

Oh baby, just move a little to the left and I might see a nipple through the scrambler...
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 3:51:04 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

I know this is a pipe dream, but a post in the gaming section made me think...

Has there ever been a large scale game like this that was able to stay completely under the radar for the whole development, and just showed up in stores one day with commercials and ads for it?  

I  know there is now chance in hell of that happening...but damn, I'm jus thinking how cool it would be of the announcement was "oh, by the way, fallout 4 comes out next Tuesday."
View Quote

But how can I pre-order the special edition without time?
Page / 310
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top