Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 310
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 10:12:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Kinda hoping they create a NV version of F04 (New York City ? ).
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 12:31:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Kinda hoping they create a NV version of F04 (New York City ? ).
View Quote

I want to be the Duke of New York!
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 3:50:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I finally started Fallout 4. At first, I was excited to have power armor so early in the game. Then I saw that fusion cores needed to be replaced.

I finally made my way to Megaton pt 2 / Fenway. Anything good there? No brothels in Boston?

Oh, and is Piper critical to the story? Because I'm tempted to murder her. I hate the press.
View Quote

Go ahead and try.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 11:56:47 PM EDT
[#4]
The official high res texture pack came out today. It's 58GB. I assume it's all 4k textures. I just finished downloading it and am thankful for my 20 megabyte per second download speed.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 5:50:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Any of you  guys watch "Humans" on AMC?  OMG!! SYNTHS!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 6:37:02 PM EDT
[#6]
So I'm trying to find it on xbox, but someone actually wrote scripts so they could create a functional portal gun in Fallout.  Can only do floors or walls, but still awesome.  

And the Propolso 5000 mod is hilarious.  Does zero damage, but you can throw anything or anyone across the map with it.  Completely pointless but fun to fuck around with.  Just be careful with your aim or you'll blow yourself to the other side of the map instead.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 10:23:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Fallout 4 - The Meat Factory #12 - Funeral Takeaway

He released another "Finland Simulator" vid, too, but I can't find my old thread to update it proper.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 8:52:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Psycho - A Fallout 4 Machinima - Episode 12
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 11:38:40 AM EDT
[#9]
So, I really wanted a vault-tec wall calendar and since I couldn't find one I made one based on screen grabs from the game. I believe it turned out great and I wanted to share.

The top prints out 11 x13" and the months are also 11" wide(8.5x11 landscape). I took it all to Staples and had them spiral bound.

Anyway, I wanted to give back to Arfcom so I am attaching the top piece. I can add the month files later if there is any interest. It will be later today or tomorrow.

ByteTheBullet  (-:

This was my inspiration:
Attachment Attached File

Here is the top:
Attachment Attached File

Here are a few months:
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 2:32:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
So, I really wanted a vault-tec wall calendar and since I couldn't find one I made one based on screen grabs from the game. I believe it turned out great and I wanted to share.

The top prints out 11 x13" and the months are also 11" wide(8.5x11 landscape). I took it all to Staples and had them spiral bound.

Anyway, I wanted to give back to Arfcom so I am attaching the top piece. I can add the month files later if there is any interest. It will be later today or tomorrow.

ByteTheBullet  (-:

This was my inspiration:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/23025/maxresdefault-144555.JPG

Here is the top:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/23025/vault-ca-printl-144556.JPG
View Quote

that is a pretty cool idea.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 5:38:00 PM EDT
[#11]
What do y'all think about my custom Vertibird?

Link Posted: 2/11/2017 8:47:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 8:49:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 9:05:39 PM EDT
[#14]

That is so cool, I'll probably be printing that off next week!

Edit:  Are you sure the top is 11x13 and not 11x17?  Or did you print on 11x17 and trim 4 inches?
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 9:44:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

That is so cool, I'll probably be printing that off next week!

Edit:  Are you sure the top is 11x13 and not 11x17?  Or did you print on 11x17 and trim 4 inches?
View Quote

Yep, printed on 11x17 and trimmed. I do not know if uploading reduced the quality. I can email zipped set of jpg (4.2mb) files if needed. I have psd files too, but they are a bit larger.

Glad you like them, enjoy!

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 10:50:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Does anyone have examples of how the texture pack  details are compared to before it?
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 6:03:12 AM EDT
[#17]
So, I really wanted a vault-tec wall calendar and since I couldn't find one I made one based on screen grabs from the game.
View Quote

Here's one
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 4:08:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 5:57:45 PM EDT
[#19]

Glorious.
Elvis-mechanic-guy is the only one in Sanctuary worth keeping. Marcy Rhodes... erm Long is a whiny bitch, Mama Murphy is a heroin fiend, Asian guy is walking major depressive disorder, Preston sits on his ass telling you what to do... when you are supposedly the general of the minutemen.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 6:41:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Oh, that video was therapeutic.

Says the guy that traps Marcy in a cage with a deathclaw for laughs... 
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 12:17:09 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Glorious.
Elvis-mechanic-guy is the only one in Sanctuary worth keeping. Marcy Rhodes... erm Long is a whiny bitch, Mama Murphy is a heroin fiend, Asian guy is walking major depressive disorder, Preston sits on his ass telling you what to do... when you are supposedly the general of the minutemen.
View Quote

Elvis mechanic guy is less than utterly useless. You can't assign him a job-- he won't do it, and it'll count as not assigned, lowering happiness. Then, since the game considers the useless fucker unemployed, the settlement takes a further happiness hit. The Longs will at least farm, and even Mamma Murphy will farm unless you give her drugs. Preston, of course, won't do shit all except whine about settlements needing help and try to get you to fuck him.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 12:37:01 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Elvis mechanic guy is less than utterly useless. You can't assign him a job-- he won't do it, and it'll count as not assigned, lowering happiness. Then, since the game considers the useless fucker unemployed, the settlement takes a further happiness hit. The Longs will at least farm, and even Mamma Murphy will farm unless you give her drugs. Preston, of course, won't do shit all except whine about settlements needing help and try to get you to fuck him.
View Quote

People actually care about settlement happiness?

Weird.

750 + hours, and not one single fuck given towards any of the settlement shit outside of building a big ass junk mansion/trophy room, over, about 4 or so playthroughs now.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 3:34:11 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

People actually care about settlement happiness?

Weird.

750 + hours, and not one single fuck given towards any of the settlement shit outside of building a big ass junk mansion/trophy room, over, about 4 or so playthroughs now.
View Quote

This is why I build my crib on Spectacle Island.  Fuck all them other places, Spec Isl is where I hang along with all my companions.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 2:50:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

This is why I build my crib on Spectacle Island.  Fuck all them other places, Spec Isl is where I hang along with all my companions.
View Quote

I'm too lazy to build anywhere but Sanctuary, lol.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 5:36:31 PM EDT
[#25]
I should try Spectacle Island. Usually go to Starlight but that's getting boring. That said, I love using the vault rooms. Makes stuff so much easier, and are mostly weather sealed. 
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 2:45:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 11:16:43 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
<strong>Quoted:</strong>

Glorious.

Fun fact: The Longs can operate on a trade route. Therefore they're being useful, and you never have to hear their fucking mouths. I do the same with Sheffield, because I've heard "Thaaank you, I can finally THINK straaaight!" a few too many times.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 3:13:39 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I should try Spectacle Island. Usually go to Starlight but that's getting boring. That said, I love using the vault rooms. Makes stuff so much easier, and are mostly weather sealed. 
View Quote

I did a huge TAPHouse on Spectacle Island last playthrough,  
Rooms for power armor, rooms for all my legendary weapons, bedrooms for my companions, a master bedroom suite for me and Piper, a sweet boat dock, etc.  I don't see any other (non-modded) location offering what you can do on SI.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 3:46:16 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Fun fact: The Longs can operate on a trade route. Therefore they're being useful, and you never have to hear their fucking mouths. I do the same with Sheffield, because I've heard "Thaaank you, I can finally THINK straaaight!" a few too many times.
View Quote

Good to know for my next playthrough. I made Scheffeild a provisioner right off, But didn't think to try it with them.

Ideally, though, killer robots make the best provisioners.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 7:27:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Fallout weekend while the Wife was away.  Son was starting a new play on 4; I got an old XP machine running again, with new video card, so I started 3.

I found getting into the game easy due my experience with New Vegas, but damn there is so little ammo and the guns are falling apart as you shoot them!  From my point of view 3 gives off the most hopeless Apocalyptic vibe of the three first person shooter Fallout games.
View Quote

It's like that until the Enclave gets there. Pro tip: take their shit and sell it to the outcasts, game becomes easy as fuck after that. Stims, ammo, grenades galore. All you gotta do is farm enclave guys and stash some chinese assault rifles for repairs, and you're good to go!
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 7:37:32 PM EDT
[#31]
I still think Boston was an extremely poor choice did almost nothing for the game. I could have taken place in Bobsville, Nowhere and it would have been 95% the same game.

I'm holding out for a New York or a Florida/Miami (urban, swamps, cheese 1950's Miami flair done Fallout, South Florida vice, odd characters, swamp hicks, ghetto, luxury homes converted into hovels). 
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 8:12:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I still think Boston was an extremely poor choice did almost nothing for the game. I could have taken place in Bobsville, Nowhere and it would have been 95% the same game.

I'm holding out for a New York or a Florida/Miami (urban, swamps, cheese 1950's Miami flair done Fallout, South Florida vice, odd characters, swamp hicks, ghetto, luxury homes converted into hovels). 
View Quote

I'm holding out for Bethesda to farm the next one out to Obsidian, so they can make a "New Vegas 2" or equivalent. Just New Vegas with the "improvements" of 4 (minus settlement building, fuck that with a rake) would be good to go.

And bring back proper skills and perks, the dumbed down version of perks in 4 sucks shit.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 8:32:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I'm holding out for Bethesda to farm the next one out to Obsidian, so they can make a "New Vegas 2" or equivalent. Just New Vegas with the "improvements" of 4 (minus settlement building, fuck that with a rake) would be good to go.

And bring back proper skills and perks, the dumbed down version of perks in 4 sucks shit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Apparently Obsidian has been trying, but Bethsoft whacked them down.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 10:20:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

Settlements would be fine if only they could create some point to it

And I dont see dumbing down of RPGs ending anytime soon
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 10:44:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Settlements would also be nice if you could choose where to build them instead of, "Hey, this narrow city alleyway looks like a great place for a settlement!!  It's almost as good as that swamp that we built that other settlement in!!"
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 1:41:58 AM EDT
[#36]
And the spawn points in settlements are stupid as well.  Any realistic, common sense defense one might construct is hamstrung by spawns that magically happen in terrible locations.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 2:02:29 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Settlements would also be nice if you could choose where to build them instead of, "Hey, this narrow city alleyway looks like a great place for a settlement!!  It's almost as good as that swamp that we built that other settlement in!!"
View Quote
Not to mention shit that you add not usually being able to snap onto existing structures.

"Yeah we somehow can't add a roof to this mostly intact brick building right here, so we'll just have to make do by cramming 30 people into this ramshackle hovel constructed with some old tarps, scrap wood and twine in the driveway"
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 2:35:28 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Not to mention shit that you add not usually being able to snap onto existing structures.

"Yeah we somehow can't add a roof to this mostly intact brick building right here, so we'll just have to make do by cramming 30 people into this ramshackle hovel constructed with some old tarps, scrap wood and twine in the driveway"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly!  I don't understand why we can't simply construct new roof over existing structures.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 9:16:19 AM EDT
[#39]
I found this video kind of interesting.

HDMI on a Black & White TV - Setup & Gaming
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 11:13:32 AM EDT
[#40]
finally started playing again after a few months. Got the dlc off steam a while back but hadn't played yet since getting it
decided to track down the railroad, ballistic weave seems like it'll be interesting. Also found Spectacle Island due to their missions. Holy crap that's a nice settlement location. The area you have is huge. Just be careful about scrapping trees for wood though, some are used as power poles
probably won't actually do any of the dlc separate areas for a while though, still need to make some progress on the main plot. I might just finish the main plot, then add a few mods I found and start a new character and do the dlc during that play through

snagged yet another frame with raider pieces on it last night. The area outside Revere Beach station often has a raider in power armor. fast travel to a nearby location, I think there's a marina nearby, and then sneak up the water's edge. Make sure to have a critical attack ready to use and a weak gun. wait for the power armor raider to face away and vat attack the fusion core. The crit is good here because you'll likely have a low percent to hit and you need to guarantee a hit. I had a 91% chance the first time I tried and still missed when I didn't use a critical. Needs to be a weak weapon though as the raider has to survive the core's explosion in order to exit the armor. You then also need to use the console to set ownership or the frame is marked as stolen.

I've only been able to pickpocket a core from random brotherhood people as I can never get close enough to a hostile before being spotted, so doing the attack on the fusion core is my main way of gathering frames. Not that I need anymore, I have so many at Sanctuary Hills that I've started dropping them off at the red rocket just outside of sanctuary, but none the less anytime I encounter a random enemy in a suit a try to get it
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 12:01:17 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 12:14:56 PM EDT
[#42]
What's the secret to killing mirelurks? At my present level I can gun down a Behemoth easily, but 'lurks seem to soak up more lead.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 12:19:56 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
What's the secret to killing mirelurks? At my present level I can gun down a Behemoth easily, but 'lurks seem to soak up more lead.
View Quote

VATs to the legs to slow em down, follow up to the face.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 12:20:48 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote
You have to shoot them in the face, when they hunch down their shell is deflecting most shots.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 12:55:59 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

Mini nuke ought to do the job
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 1:51:35 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

So in FO3 the Enclave performs the same function as the Legion in New Vegas - to keep one well stocked in caps. :-)

Yeah I've been farming Enclave and selling the stuff to the Rivet City guys (who always seem to have ammo for sale).   I've run across the outcast patrols a couple of times but they basically told me to fuck off.
View Quote
Patrols are useless, gotta find the outcast base.

Theyre at fort independence, a ways SW of megaton
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 4:13:32 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

Don't shoot them in the shell?
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 4:15:27 PM EDT
[#48]
Taking a break from 4 to play a few other things at the moment, but started watching The Weirdest on YouTube. He has some interesting builds and challenge runs. I'd have never thought of attempting a No HUD run. 
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 3:19:19 PM EDT
[#49]
Here is the Calendar portion in PDF - Might make it a bit easier for people to print out

Fallout 2017 Calendar

Fallout 2018 Calendar

Enjoy
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 3:23:54 PM EDT
[#50]
Finally started a replay for nuka world. Last replay was shortly after far harbor.

Nukaworld was unfortunately awful
Page / 310
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top