Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 310
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 11:30:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I really prefer New Vegas over Fallout 3, since it feels a lot more like traditional Fallout to me.  I would fucking die of excitement if Obsidian makes another game based on the Fallout 4 assets and engine.

Another DLC or major update for 4 would surprise me, I don't see it happening.  I do remember they opened up another development office so they could work on more projects at once, so hopefully we don't have to wait as long for the next one.

New Orleans would be awesome.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 11:39:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Low population. 5 seems to work. 1 farmer, the rest merchants. Provisioners from outside the settlement. Twice as many beds as settlers, twice as much water, stupid high defense (all turrets), Slather every surface with decorations, lots of seating and lighting, noisy defense turrets and gennies away from beds. Jukebox and radio.
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 12:02:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Is it worth downloading for the $. Isn't it like 30$?
View Quote

I got the season pass, so I'm not sure.  
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 12:08:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Forgot about this thread.  Anything new happen?  Last thing I did was download Nuka World but found it to be so boring I just quit playing. I guess the game is just played our for me.
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 1:24:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Patches that break mods. Y'know, the usual.
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 8:57:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I still can't get a damn settlement up to 100% happiness. Any tips?
View Quote

I never cared about making them happy. I give them some water, a bunch of crops and some beds in shacks and that's pretty much it.
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 11:56:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 1:40:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Using mods I have almost all of them at 999 on def/power/water/etc.......fuckers still bounce around from 60-70% happiness. Fuck 'em 
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 6:53:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Using mods I have almost all of them at 999 on def/power/water/etc.......fuckers still bounce around from 60-70% happiness. Fuck 'em 
View Quote

Since you're using mods, have you tried the Happy Maker 9000? Xbox, PS4

Most of my settlements are up to 100.
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 8:21:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

I get pissed when any of mine get below 90%.

One of the things to consider is that anybody assigned as a provisioner sucks happiness out of their home settlement. Anybody not assigned a task sucks happiness out of the settlement. I'm not entirely sure, but I'm mostly convinced that anybody assigned to security at best does not add to happiness.

If you've got Automatron, build provisionerbots. They don't count towards settlement happiness in any way, and provisioner is the single job they'll actually stick to after being assigned it. Although you're supposed to be able to assign them tasks, I've never found them still doing any of them when I returned to wherever they were stationed. But they will continue to haul supplies.

Anyplace I have settlers assigned to security, happiness is lower than where I've automated it all.

If you have multiples of a given shop, all of those multiples will share inventory and bank, but all of them will also affect happiness, so if you've got the caps, it's a good way to increase happiness.

If you have a settlement whose happiness suddenly and inexplicably tanks, you've probably got a synth infiltrator. Start sending settlers to other settlements, one at a time. Synths won't move, they'll just hang around. If you reassign a settler and they're still around after a couple of days, they're probably synths.
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 5:57:06 AM EDT
[#11]
I just made something Fallout related.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNLVzb6e3hg

Happy New Year everyone!
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 10:45:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I just made something Fallout related.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNLVzb6e3hg

Happy New Year everyone!
View Quote

Link is bad. Doesn't bring up anything Fallout related.
Link Posted: 1/2/2017 6:01:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Does anybody know what armor mod Curie is wearing in this screenshot?

Link Posted: 1/2/2017 6:17:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Does anybody know what armor mod Curie is wearing in this screenshot?

https://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/mods/1151/images/20959-0-1483388109.png
View Quote

Black phallus mod. Google search for that yields proper results.
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 6:25:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Well that was weird. My power armor disappeared when I was trying to get in. Now my character looks like this when I zoom out... lol

Link Posted: 1/4/2017 7:02:18 PM EDT
[#17]
I have exhausted every possible main quest ending with different builds, and believe I had explored nearly the entire commonwealth...  So does anybody have any ideas what to do with my next play through?  All the ideas I see online run with the main quest.  Just downloaded a mod for an alternate start and began my story at Red Rocket(No where the F is my baby garbage), so not sure what to do with all my new found freedom.
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 7:07:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I have exhausted every possible main quest ending with different builds, and believe I had explored nearly the entire commonwealth...  So does anybody have any ideas what to do with my next play through?  All the ideas I see online run with the main quest.  Just downloaded a mod for an alternate start and began my story at Red Rocket(No where the F is my baby garbage), so not sure what to do with all my new found freedom.
View Quote

I do the alt start on pretty much every game.  Btw, if you show up in power armor at Concord, the lines are different, same if you skip codsworth and come back for him later.  Not sure what else is different, but apparently Bethesda did plan for it.
I can't really say I'm playing it seriously right now though.  I'm diagnosing what mod killed the ability to chat with dogmeat (I'm assuming it's the clean red rocket one) so you can't get him as a companion.  

So I just cheat commanded the game, gave myself the nuka quantum launcher, and am using it as a primary weapon with the MIRV upgrade.  (plus the fixed MIRV mod that gives them regular range)  It is hilariously OP. 
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 7:10:59 PM EDT
[#19]

My Brotherhood of Steel mod will be available on the Nexus tonight!!!!!!!!! Not sure when....But Soon™.

It's gonna be epic!
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 7:14:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Do what I did, play through as a cryogenically frozen Great War veteran from Austria, looking for his child and the man who killed Eva Braun.
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 7:21:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Do what I did, play through as a cryogenically frozen Great War veteran from Austria, looking for his child and the man who killed Eva Braun.
View Quote

That actually sounds pretty badass.....
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 2:52:43 AM EDT
[#22]
Lol at the "Red Death" I had power armor and an explosive mini gun all ready to go for a big fight  .
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 4:41:03 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Lol at the "Red Death" I had power armor and an explosive mini gun all ready to go for a big fight  .
View Quote

I had a fatman shouldered because I figured it was going to be some over the top insane boss.  One of the most WTF twists in the game I think.  Shame you can't capture the little guy. 
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 7:48:22 AM EDT
[#24]
I haven't been following the past few months.  Any word if they plan on adding another update?
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 1:49:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I haven't been following the past few months.  Any word if they plan on adding another update?
View Quote

Nothing official word, they found a clue to a possible future expansion but no concrete evidence.  I sure hope they make another expansion though, I for one really enjoyed both nuka world and far harbor
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 4:21:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't recall seeing a toothbrush mustache in the character creator...
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 6:18:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

That actually sounds pretty badass.....
View Quote

It was fun - and choosing the winning team was a hard choice for once. The Minutemen could've been the SA, but they went for a diversity hire, so they're out. The Brotherhood is the Goering wing of the party, the Institute is the Mengele wing. The Railroad is a bunch of fools, run with them just long enough to get the PPK, then declare a Night of the Long Knives and get rid of them all.

Many choices for companions are available, why not go with Hitler's loyal dog Blondie?

And then you have Vault 88 (lulz) for your very own Fuhrerbunker.
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 6:18:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I don't recall seeing a toothbrush mustache in the character creator...
View Quote

He grew out the 'stache to fit in, finding the old one dated him a bit.
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 6:30:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote
Slot machines.
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 6:54:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Slot machines.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Slot machines.

Something I discovered last night.  Happiness is dependant on the number of beds, where they are, and if they are inside/outside.  The game calculates a huge number of happyness points off of having sheltered beds apparently, and redoes the numbers every 24 in game hours.
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 2:47:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Started playing again this weekend.

Still in Nuka World.........Decided to be the hero......Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 6:25:45 PM EDT
[#32]
Okay, someone has a sense of humor.  The mod adds a terminal in the Concord Speakeasy to play this.

Revolted fallout 4 mod Trailer
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 11:16:20 PM EDT
[#33]
I finally started Fallout 4. At first, I was excited to have power armor so early in the game. Then I saw that fusion cores needed to be replaced.

I finally made my way to Megaton pt 2 / Fenway. Anything good there? No brothels in Boston?

Oh, and is Piper critical to the story? Because I'm tempted to murder her. I hate the press.
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 11:20:13 PM EDT
[#34]
Main story, IIRC. Although, you might want to not murder her. She's not 'new' press, she's more old school. Think of her as the internet news as opposed to the MSM. I'm sure the mayor considers her a pepe.
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 11:22:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Piper is medicfrost. Keeps things fresh.
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 11:29:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Piper is medicfrost. Keeps things fresh.
View Quote

Dude, do I really need to want to grudge fuck medicfrost?  I'm not comfortable with that.  Last time he tried to livestream it in GD and everyone laughed. 
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 8:08:31 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Okay, someone has a sense of humor.  The mod adds a terminal in the Concord Speakeasy to play this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_B-UzCQ3UU
View Quote

I've got a three day weekend. I know what I'm doing after I clean all the guns I took to the range this past Tuesday.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 8:15:56 PM EDT
[#38]
Psycho - A Fallout 4 Machinima - Episode 10
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 2:10:48 PM EDT
[#39]
Last time I did NukaWorld and led the raiders to crush Preston Garvey's dreams - this time I decided to kill them all. My character was spec'd for stealth pistols and melee weapons, not automatics or rifles - but I had the unlimited companion mod, so I figured I'd bring Danse, McCready, and Preston and that would be enough backup.

It wasn't. I had to reload the game 5-6 times to try to wipe out the Operators. You can kill the first one easy with stealth bonus damage, but then everything goes to hell. Those MIRV grenades are vicious. Ended up going back to the Commonwealth to bring EVERYONE!
So I went in with Strong, Danse, McCready, Preston, Curie, Codsworth. That worked on the 2nd try, after several doses of Med-X and Psycho Jet, and at least two dozen stimpaks for me and my followers. Then I went outside - for a stealth melee character, much better. You can run to empty corners and stab the enemy as they charge by. Only used maybe 8-10 stimpaks here. In all, probably used... 40-50 stimpaks on myself and crew. And I'm probably addicted to Jet now.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 3:48:33 PM EDT
[#40]
Very nice and thanks for getting me interested in the game again as I quit shortly after starting Nuka World.  What level were you when you started all the battles.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 3:56:07 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Very nice and thanks for getting me interested in the game again as I quit shortly after starting Nuka World.  What level were you when you started all the battles.
View Quote

Level 39/40. Getting through the gauntlet was easy thanks to maxed out stealth (mines/pressure plates/tripwires don't activate if your stealth is sufficiently high). Shooting up a small building full of shooters with automatic rifles and grenades is... less simple. Nowhere to hide.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 4:12:56 PM EDT
[#42]
I set up Codsworth as a killbot when I did it in my second run. Sentrybot body, 2 Gatling lasers, fat man shoulder sockets, and a robobrain head. 

Dude just slaughtered everything. Then again the raiders were kinda blind and getting nuked. 
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 6:46:57 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Last time I did NukaWorld and led the raiders to crush Preston Garvey's dreams - this time I decided to kill them all. My character was spec'd for stealth pistols and melee weapons, not automatics or rifles - but I had the unlimited companion mod, so I figured I'd bring Danse, McCready, and Preston and that would be enough backup.

It wasn't. I had to reload the game 5-6 times to try to wipe out the Operators. You can kill the first one easy with stealth bonus damage, but then everything goes to hell. Those MIRV grenades are vicious. Ended up going back to the Commonwealth to bring EVERYONE!
So I went in with Strong, Danse, McCready, Preston, Curie, Codsworth. That worked on the 2nd try, after several doses of Med-X and Psycho Jet, and at least two dozen stimpaks for me and my followers. Then I went outside - for a stealth melee character, much better. You can run to empty corners and stab the enemy as they charge by. Only used maybe 8-10 stimpaks here. In all, probably used... 40-50 stimpaks on myself and crew. And I'm probably addicted to Jet now.
View Quote

I had much better luck.  I pick-pocketed everyones weapon before I attacked them.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 7:16:08 PM EDT
[#44]
That had to have taken forever

Btw, if you max out pickpocket and stay undetected you can boobytrap people.  Just stick a nukagrenade in someone's pocket and bail.  You'll have about 4-5 seconds.  
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 1:49:34 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Btw, if you max out pickpocket and stay undetected you can boobytrap people.  Just stick a nukagrenade in someone's pocket and bail.  You'll have about 4-5 seconds.  
View Quote

Yeah, it took a while. Mags and her brother and Lizzie are tough bosses alone, in a group far worse. I was only able to instakill one before things went retarded. I should really balance out my skills by investing some points in explosives - but it's an imperfect setup, and that makes it sometimes quite fun, you can't go in like a tank shooting behemoths in the face all the time despite being at a high level - you have to plan things out a bit.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 1:56:58 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Yeah, it took a while. Mags and her brother and Lizzie are tough bosses alone, in a group far worse. I was only able to instakill one before things went retarded. I should really balance out my skills by investing some points in explosives - but it's an imperfect setup, and that makes it sometimes quite fun, you can't go in like a tank shooting behemoths in the face all the time despite being at a high level - you have to plan things out a bit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Valid point.  I usually go into boss fights with the biggest boom I've got.  I made a Kellogg checkpoint and kept reloading it while killing him with a fatman.  Going to try it with a Nuka Nuke on this play through.  
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 6:07:57 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 12:11:06 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I really prefer New Vegas over Fallout 3, since it feels a lot more like traditional Fallout to me.  I would fucking die of excitement if Obsidian makes another game based on the Fallout 4 assets and engine.

Another DLC or major update for 4 would surprise me, I don't see it happening.  I do remember they opened up another development office so they could work on more projects at once, so hopefully we don't have to wait as long for the next one.

View Quote

I bastard hated NV at first, as there didn't seem to be any early level player housing with secure storage. Some folks in this very thread pointed out the flophouse in Goodsprings, and it was good. That got me to modding out the varmint rifle, and it was a whole other game. By the time I found Harpers Shack and the Ratslayer, I was loving it. When I got the DLC and got a Thompson, and suppressed 1911 in Honest Hearts, and found the the uber Garand by throwing Contreras under the bus, I was ecstatic.

Lonesome Road was interesting, and the Elite Riot gear is badass, since it allows 1st Recon beret use, has NV built in, and the NV stacks with the Ratslayer. I was really hunting Legion for sport after that.

Caravan was cool after I learned how to play it, and got a decent deck built. (Having tried it, Caravan is a pain the dick to try to play as an actual card game.) You can amass an absolutely retarded amount of caps, before you hit Nipton, if you don't have the DLC or upgrades installed. I was pushing half a million caps before I updated and installed the DLC.

At the end of the day, I like NV more than FO3 just because I get cans and NVGs.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 12:12:52 AM EDT
[#49]
Does anyone know if alternate start is available for ps4?
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 10:03:55 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

I bastard hated NV at first, as there didn't seem to be any early level player housing with secure storage. Some folks in this very thread pointed out the flophouse in Goodsprings, and it was good. That got me to modding out the varmint rifle, and it was a whole other game. By the time I found Harpers Shack and the Ratslayer, I was loving it. When I got the DLC and got a Thompson, and suppressed 1911 in Honest Hearts, and found the the uber Garand by throwing Contreras under the bus, I was ecstatic.

Lonesome Road was interesting, and the Elite Riot gear is badass, since it allows 1st Recon beret use, has NV built in, and the NV stacks with the Ratslayer. I was really hunting Legion for sport after that.

Caravan was cool after I learned how to play it, and got a decent deck built. (Having tried it, Caravan is a pain the dick to try to play as an actual card game.) You can amass an absolutely retarded amount of caps, before you hit Nipton, if you don't have the DLC or upgrades installed. I was pushing half a million caps before I updated and installed the DLC.

At the end of the day, I like NV more than FO3 just because I get cans and NVGs.
Page / 310
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top