Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/28/2015 9:23:29 PM EDT
" They’ve got the wrong guy,” said attorney, Robin Ficker.
Ficker has represented Wint in previous cases and says he’s not a violent person.
Police arrested Wint when his DNA was found on crust from a pizza that was ordered to the home during the ordeal.
“He doesn’t like pizza. He never eats pizza. That’s what his brother and sister told me,” said Ficker. "

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2015/05/27/family-members-of-d-c-mansion-murder-suspect-say-he-couldnt-have-done-it/
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:25:08 PM EDT
[#1]
His brother and sister told me that he didn't do it. We'll have to drop the charges.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:28:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

“He doesn’t like pizza. He never eats pizza. That’s what his brother and sister told me,” said Ficker. "

View Quote

Can't argue with science.  Let him go
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:29:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Mah baby dint do pepperoni!

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:30:33 PM EDT
[#4]
They wouldn't lie..........honest.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:33:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Anyone who admits they don't like pizza is instantly guilty in my book.

CLEARLY A LIE.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:34:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Chewbacca is a Wookie.  What is a Wookie doing on Endor?
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:35:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Mah baby dint do pepperoni!

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:35:14 PM EDT
[#8]
I hope they water board him...in gasoline
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:49:19 PM EDT
[#9]
>>>“He doesn’t like pizza. He never eats pizza. That’s what his brother and sister told me,”

brother and sister pleaseeeee EVERYONE loves pizza
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:53:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Make sure he gets pizza as his final meal before they chop his fucking head off.

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:55:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Couldn't be me. I always eat the crust.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:56:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
>>>“He doesn’t like pizza. He never eats pizza. That’s what his brother and sister told me,”

View Quote

What if it was a stuffed crust pizza? That could be a viable defense.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:57:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, fuck his rights to a trial.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:58:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Good for the family.  Now let this dickhead's attorney argue these points in court.  I'm fairly confident the DA will have some facts to argue with too.  
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:11:13 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

CLEARLY A LIE.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:16:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:28:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Ficker has represented Wint in previous cases and says he’s not a violent person.
Police arrested Wint when his DNA was found on crust from a pizza that was ordered to the home during the ordeal.

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2015/05/27/family-members-of-d-c-mansion-murder-suspect-say-he-couldnt-have-done-it/
View Quote

Well there ya go, doesn't like pizza must be the wrong guy.

J-
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:37:03 PM EDT
[#18]
That aint my pants spit
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:40:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh yay, you again.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 11:14:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Run with that as his defense, it will be a shorter trial, so we can get on with killing the fucker.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 11:39:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Dammit.  Wellp, the glove don't fit boys.  Unhook'im.  It was a good try.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 11:44:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Everybody likes pizza.  Case closed.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 11:45:36 PM EDT
[#23]
If their argument was that he is too dumb to have done it, I might buy it.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 11:50:53 PM EDT
[#24]
If da bite don't fit you must acquit.

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 11:51:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
MoochelleChewbacca is a Wookie.  What is a Wookie doing on Endor?
View Quote

Fixed
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 11:54:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Pick something believable like "he was at that time stuck in a parallel dimension, so it couldn't have been him". "He doesn't like pizza" just isn't believable.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 11:00:07 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
His brother and sister told me that he didn't do it. We'll have to drop the charges.
View Quote

What does his mother say?
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 1:35:46 PM EDT
[#28]
View Quote

Robin Ficker has a long history in Montgomery County, Maryland, politics. He has a well-deserved reputation as a loonytunes gadfly and populist. People that have come into contact with him on the political scene unanimously hate him. I wouldn't believe a single word that he says. Baghdad Bob would be more credible.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 1:38:02 PM EDT
[#29]
They spelled the attorney's name wrong
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 1:38:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

CLEARLY A LIE.
View Quote

rational
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 1:39:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Oh yay, you again.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh yay, you again.

I don't believe we have met
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 1:40:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 1:43:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Well shit.  Now they have start searching for the bad guy again.  They could narrow it down by only including people who don't hate pizza.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 1:46:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
There's limits on what attorneys are and are not allowed to say to the press about a client.  I wonder if some people ever even look at them.
View Quote

That's all technical, legally shit. Ain't nobody got time fo' dat!

Besides we're going to believe everything the police tell us. They never make false statements and police laboratory technicians never make mistakes - or just plain make things up.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 1:49:24 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Robin Ficker has a long history in Montgomery County, Maryland, politics. He has a well-deserved reputation as a loonytunes gadfly and populist. People that have come into contact with him on the political scene unanimously hate him. I wouldn't believe a single word that he says. Baghdad Bob would be more credible.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

the guy hasn't graduated from some really good schools

Ficker attended the United States Military Academy for five semesters. He received a B.S. in electrical and mechanical engineering from Case Institute of Technology. Ficker attended the University of Pennsylvania Law School, receiving his JD from the University of Baltimore School of Law. Ficker also received an M.A. in public administration from American University in 1969.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 1:51:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

He certainly runs for every political office he can.  Gadfly, yes.  Looney tunes?  maybe.  But the hatred can be explained by the fact that he's a Republican (or what passes for one around here) and he doesn't play well with the moneyed set in Potomac.  For instance, he is disliked for "shutting down" the Potomac farmer's Market" out of spite.  Which bears a passing resemblance to the truth.  But the "farmer's market" in question was a guy growing vegetables and selling them on a wide road shoulder - aka state land.  And the "spite" part was that his nephew (?) tried to set up a vegetable stand at a busy intersection in "North Potomac" (aka Gaithersburg, but that address is too low rent for the residents) at a closed gas station - with the owner's permission - and was shut down for not having the proper permits.  Ficker pointed out that if they were going to shut down that stand for mermits, they had better shut down the one operating down the road with no permits AND trespassing on state land.  So they did.

Ficker may be a dickhead, but to me the fact that the Montgomery County politicos hate him is a point in his favor.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 1:53:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Besides we're going to believe everything the police tell us. They never make false statements and police laboratory technicians never make mistakes - or just plain make things up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There's limits on what attorneys are and are not allowed to say to the press about a client.  I wonder if some people ever even look at them.

Richard Jewell
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 1:56:02 PM EDT
[#38]
I'm sure he doesn't kill people ever and would never do that.... because they've never seen him do so.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 2:43:22 PM EDT
[#39]
Holder should have used that defense with fast and furious. Brilliant tactic.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 2:46:46 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Fixed
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
MoochelleChewbacca is a Wookie.  What is a Wookie doing on Endor?

Fixed

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chewbacca_defense

Link Posted: 5/29/2015 2:49:44 PM EDT
[#41]
Will part of the prosecutor's strategy consist of putting a delicious hot pizza in front of the defendant and see if he starts salivating?
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 4:13:22 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Will part of the prosecutor's strategy consist of putting a delicious hot pizza in front of the defendant and see if he starts salivating?
View Quote

If the killer doesn't spit, you must acquit!
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 4:23:23 PM EDT
[#43]
This is comical
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 4:30:57 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

"Hey, I want to see my client go to jail as much, if not more than the prosecution - but, we've got to go through the motions of a trial, first"

I'm guessing the above is not on the "approved list" of things you can say?

You can't tell me that you haven't wanted to say that, though.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 4:31:02 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not true.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 4:31:18 PM EDT
[#46]
This guy attacked the rich inner sanctum of DC.  He is so toast and no matter how many dindus are released in his defense it will not save him from life in prison.  Thug crime in DC is celebrated as culture but when it reaches into the rich DC hoods that house the pols, diplomats, and lobbys it changes everything.  They had his DNA in like 2 days, that is like CSI-Miami quick.

Link Posted: 5/29/2015 4:42:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
This guy attacked the rich inner sanctum of DC.  He is so toast and no matter how many dindus are released in his defense it will not save him from life in prison.  Thug crime in DC is celebrated as culture but when it reaches into the rich DC hoods that house the pols, diplomats, and lobbys it changes everything.  They had his DNA in like 2 days, that is like CSI-Miami quick.  
View Quote

They don't seem to have the other 3 guys who did the murder with him (just speculating on 3 but they know there are more) soooo.. . .  yea

I agree that 2 days is nuts for DNA but I've seen enough First 48's to know that they should have his buddies in custody by now, lest the case go cold
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 4:48:21 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 4:54:07 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I don't do that kind of criminal law, but I've certainly wanted to say this to a judge: "My client is a fucking asshole and you shouldn't give him/her a damn thing that they're asking for."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Hey, I want to see my client go to jail as much, if not more than the prosecution - but, we've got to go through the motions of a trial, first"

I don't do that kind of criminal law, but I've certainly wanted to say this to a judge: "My client is a fucking asshole and you shouldn't give him/her a damn thing that they're asking for."

Whether for good, or for bad, being "a fucking asshole" is not an offence.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 4:59:24 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

In some states it is.  Or at least the verb form.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top