Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 5/28/2015 9:02:44 PM EDT
I was a contractor (fraud analyst for an analytics company) for a few years. I started a gig with a company this past October and was asked to lateral in March of this year. I decided to lateral because the benefits were better than my contracting company.

Everything was going good. Everyone was super friendly to me. People invited me to eat during lunches. People approached me to talk and converse about random stuff. Then the departmental assistant director (who actually ran the show) started relying on me for many projects and tasks. The assistant director chose me for lots of special assignments over people that had been working at the company for 2-10 years. I was given lots of tasks that no one outside of the director, assistant director, and 2 supervisors knew (one supervisor was left in the dark). The assistant director loved me, and even said verbatim "you're my top analyst". I helped people out, tought Excel and SQL basics to other analysts who should've known both disciplines and was very, very patient with people.

Then the director left. Three weeks later the assistant director left. But before the assistant director left, they (genderless for this discussion), told me to push to be a manager in their absence because of the stuff I could bring to the table (they told me this in front of two supervisors). So when the assistant director finally did leave, the supervisors who never really did anything before were now summoned to the plate to assume the roles of the now vacant management positions.

Ever since the directors left, people have been extremely rude to me. No more invitations. Cold shoulders. Awkward situations during cafeteria lunch time. No one mentions me when they do Excel (since I taught them) or asks me any programming questions anymore. All the special assignments that I used to do are now assigned to people that were not exemplary employees before. And here's the worst part, the supervisors have been doing everything in their power to dig up protocol to cite when they see something in my work they don't like. They don't hesitate for a second to provide me with corrective messages or e-mails, letting me know that I've done something wrong. It just seems everything I'm doing is wrong. And now I'm coming across others individuals' work that deserves equal criticism from management, but of course, none is found from them. When I've made a few honest mistakes, hour-long meetings were called. But when others make mistakes, life just goes on uninhibited.

I don't freaking get it. I used to love this job now I fucking hate it.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:07:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Next time don't be a total bosses bitch.

Rapid advancement over established employee's will make them resent you. And once your protection is gone? yeah polish the resume buddy.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:07:30 PM EDT
[#2]
things change. I wouldn't take it personally, but I'd start looking for a new gig.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:12:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Rapid advancement over established employee's will make them resent you. And once your protection is gone? yeah polish the resume buddy.
View Quote

Yah.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:13:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Are you peanut butter cuz they jelly.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:14:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Have you tried sending dick pics to everyone in your contact list yet?
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:14:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well, firstly, the boss was a pretty, young female, so didn't mind all of our discussions hehe.

Secondly, your probably right.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:14:57 PM EDT
[#7]
I started working in 2011 for a company directly for a Staff VP (everyone else reported to the Managers).  There were people there who would not talk to me and still don't.  Jealousy I guess, I mean if they had gotten to know me and then hated me--well that would be understandable!

I was just promoted to Manager over seven other people at my grade, I skipped right past them.  The office gossip was that I am friends of the Staff VP and just got the promotion because I was his boy.  It was because I outworked them and made myself important to important people.  I have been deploying strategy in that place that some would struggle to even understand, for instance my Mentor is the Controller of a Fortune 50 company because I asked for a senior Manager instead of some low level schmuck.  So now people that talked to me a day before the promotion (who I would have called a friend) will not even acknowledge a "hello" from me.  Pretty funny, but they will come calling when I have jobs on my team (and they can forget ever working for me).

People suck man.  If you aren't being talked about, back stabbed and hated then you aren't winning at work.  I use the whispering in my office as a success meter.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:14:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Simple, ask them, wtf.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:15:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Do they think you were responsible for the director leaving?
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:16:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Do they think you were responsible for the director leaving?
View Quote

Yeah, the analysts are mostly lazy and unwilling to take the initiative. But also because of pay increase disputes.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:17:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Well, firstly, the boss was a pretty, young female, so didn't mind all of our discussions hehe.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your coworkers probably all think you were fucking her
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:17:46 PM EDT
[#12]
I forgot to mention the previous assistant director in question is trying to get me hired at their current employer.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:17:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

This. To do what you did, you need to push harder to get to the top and not care what others think. Its all or nothing when you get in that position. If you dont make it to the top you will be snuffed out like a cheap cigar.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:18:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know why I never thought about that. I mean, you should've seen the wandering eyes whenever I went into the office with closed door.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:18:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck em. Never be ashamed that you can do a job better than someone else. As long as you're not a dick about it.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:18:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

So are all of those established employees so busy filing "hurt feelings reports" going to pay his rent? no? fuck them, then.

That watch costs more than you car. I made $970,000 last year. How much'd you make? You see pal, that's who I am, and you're nothing. Nice guy? I don't give a shit. Good father? Fuck you! Go home and play with your kids. You wanna work here - close! You think this is abuse? You think this is abuse, you cocksucker? You can't take this, how can you take the abuse you get on a sit? You don't like it, leave. I can go out there tonight with the materials you've got and make myself $15,000. Tonight! In two hours! Can you? Can YOU? Go and do likewise. A-I-D-A. Get mad you son of a bitches, get mad. You want to know what it takes to sell real estate? It takes BRASS BALLS to sell real estate. Go and do likewise gents. Money's out there. You pick it up, it's yours. You don't, I got no sympathy for you. You wanna go out on those sits tonight and close, CLOSE. It's yours. If not you're gonna be shining my shoes. And you know what you'll be saying - a bunch of losers sittin' around in a bar. 'Oh yeah. I used to be a salesman. It's a tough racket.' These are the new leads. These are the Glengarry leads. And to you they're gold, and you don't get them. Why? Because to give them to you is just throwing them away. They're for closers. I'd wish you good luck but you wouldn't know what to do with it if you got it. And to answer you question, pal, why am I here? I came here because Mitch and Murray asked me to. They asked me for a favor. I said the real favor, follow my advice and fire your fucking ass because a loser is a loser.

best, most motivational movie, ever filmed
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:19:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Somebody influential has conspired to turn everyone against you by spreading lies about you is my guess.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:19:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Tell all the haters that if they could just learn to be more like you, they'd do better in the company.

That should turn things around.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:19:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Probably because you let them.

I didn't even read the OP but that is the answer 99.9% of the time when someone asks why they are treated like shit.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:20:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Typical GD fashion from a serious question
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:20:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I don't know why I never thought about that. I mean, you should've seen the wandering eyes whenever I went into the office with closed door.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because they're probably not....

It sounds like jealousy plain and simple. And most people are passive aggressive bitches.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:21:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I forgot to mention the previous assistant director in question is trying to get me hired at their current employer.
View Quote

Take it and run with it.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:23:18 PM EDT
[#23]
You lost your protection and now the wolves are feeding. You're being pushed out.

It's just a game so play it. Jump ship if you can.

You have what I call the curse of competency. Learn to use it properly.  All throughout your career people will try to drag you down and work against you. Rise above. Let your ethics and behavior stand. It will pay off. Not immediately, but it will.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:24:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:24:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Fuck em. Never be ashamed that you can do a job better than someone else. As long as you're not a dick about it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This
Fuck the under skilled Betas.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:25:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Urinate on them to firmly establish dominance over them!
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:26:10 PM EDT
[#27]
You can be ruthless . You can have a lot of friends. You can't have both. Pick your path and empty your bag of fucks.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:26:58 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:28:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
You can be ruthless . You can have a lot of friends. You can't have both. Pick your path and empty your bag of fucks.
View Quote

Or separate your work and personal life...

You can have people you actually care about outside of work. Do you really care if you eat lunch alone?
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:30:21 PM EDT
[#30]
I just wear my "crazy gun guy" persona on my sleeve at work. Gun t-shirts, gun stickers all over my toolbox, always surfing gun websites, etc. Everybody here treats me like I'm their best friend.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:30:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Who knew Lowes has so drama behind the scenes...
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:30:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Fucking thing sucks
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:34:56 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

The Cute one??  FO
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:38:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

I don't work in a office but I would go with this.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:40:30 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well then, lay low till something comes along.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:50:49 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I started working in 2011 for a company directly for a Staff VP (everyone else reported to the Managers).  There were people there who would not talk to me and still don't.  Jealousy I guess, I mean if they had gotten to know me and then hated me--well that would be understandable!

I was just promoted to Manager over seven other people at my grade, I skipped right past them.  The office gossip was that I am friends of the Staff VP and just got the promotion because I was his boy.  It was because I outworked them and made myself important to important people.  I have been deploying strategy in that place that some would struggle to even understand, for instance my Mentor is the Controller of a Fortune 50 company because I asked for a senior Manager instead of some low level schmuck.  So now people that talked to me a day before the promotion (who I would have called a friend) will not even acknowledge a "hello" from me.  Pretty funny, but they will come calling when I have jobs on my team (and they can forget ever working for me).

People suck man.  If you aren't being talked about, back stabbed and hated then you aren't winning at work.  I use the whispering in my office as a success meter.
View Quote

You had better connections....
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:10:51 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Are you hiring?
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:15:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:16:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yea you better hope...
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:24:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Are you hiring?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you hiring?

If I had my way, I would be.

We have an annual employee survey and all of the office whisperers try to gang up and sway the survey results to 86 the Staff VP.  They were successful in getting HR involved this year, so when it was my turn to talk to HR as to why the survey was bad I told them why--it was an assassination attempt.  I believe that they now used this HR interview process to figure out who the problems are.  I told the HR rep that if she'd just give me complete HR authority and turn her back for 7 minutes, I would eliminate the problems.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:24:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Yea you better hope...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yea you better hope...

Better hope what?
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:25:17 PM EDT
[#42]
Because you're a person that people love to hate.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:25:35 PM EDT
[#43]
OP, fuck 'em!
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:26:55 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

TPNI
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:33:58 PM EDT
[#45]
Learn the game. Play the game. It's not what you know it's who you know.  

When you're good everybody will try to drag you down to their level. It's what they do. Crabs in a bucket thing. They will spend all their energy to entrench themselfs land turf build.

Use that against them. At their core people want to be lead and be told what to do. Use that. Play the game.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:34:16 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Who knew Lowes has so drama behind the scenes...
View Quote

Porterhouse83 thread.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:39:39 PM EDT
[#47]
My father always told me "be careful of the toes you step on while climbing the ladder; they may be attached to the ass you're kissing when you reach the top"
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:39:53 PM EDT
[#48]
My close friend made CNO of our hospital and he was stressign it but was a good opportunity to get into management( dont think he liked being a floor nurse anyways). So we were drinking and i told him hes gonna have to choose a path, either youre for the employees or youre for the company, but you cant be both. He chose the company and now is hated by everyone. you cant satisfy everyone all the time but you can satisfy some most of the time.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:41:29 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
My close friend made CNO of our hospital and he was stressign it but was a good opportunity to get into management( dont think he liked being a floor nurse anyways). So we were drinking and i told him hes gonna have to choose a path, either youre for the employees or youre for the company, but you cant be both. He chose the company and now is hated by everyone. you cant satisfy everyone all the time but you can satisfy some most of the time.
View Quote

I care about satisfying the people that pay me.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:42:19 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I was a contractor (fraud analyst for an analytics company) for a few years. I started a gig with a company this past October and was asked to lateral in March of this year. I decided to lateral because the benefits were better than my contracting company.

Everything was going good. Everyone was super friendly to me. People invited me to eat during lunches. People approached me to talk and converse about random stuff. Then the departmental assistant director (who actually ran the show) started relying on me for many projects and tasks. The assistant director chose me for lots of special assignments over people that had been working at the company for 2-10 years. I was given lots of tasks that no one outside of the director, assistant director, and 2 supervisors knew (one supervisor was left in the dark). The assistant director loved me, and even said verbatim "you're my top analyst". I helped people out, tought Excel and SQL basics to other analysts who should've known both disciplines and was very, very patient with people.

Then the director left. Three weeks later the assistant director left. But before the assistant director left, they (genderless for this discussion), told me to push to be a manager in their absence because of the stuff I could bring to the table (they told me this in front of two supervisors). So when the assistant director finally did leave, the supervisors who never really did anything before were now summoned to the plate to assume the roles of the now vacant management positions.

Ever since the directors left, people have been extremely rude to me. No more invitations. Cold shoulders. Awkward situations during cafeteria lunch time. No one mentions me when they do Excel (since I taught them) or asks me any programming questions anymore. All the special assignments that I used to do are now assigned to people that were not exemplary employees before. And here's the worst part, the supervisors have been doing everything in their power to dig up protocol to cite when they see something in my work they don't like. They don't hesitate for a second to provide me with corrective messages or e-mails, letting me know that I've done something wrong. It just seems everything I'm doing is wrong. And now I'm coming across others individuals' work that deserves equal criticism from management, but of course, none is found from them. When I've made a few honest mistakes, hour-long meetings were called. But when others make mistakes, life just goes on uninhibited.

I don't freaking get it. I used to love this job now I fucking hate it.
View Quote

time to leave. call up the contracting company or call you old bosses for a job.

its for the best.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top