Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:41:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I used to be far too into detailing my rides but have somewhat recovered from that obsession.

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:42:29 PM EDT
[#2]
My truck sees under 2k miles a year, wash and wax maybe 2x a year. It sits out in the driveway and usually looks good all year.

2013 CRV gets washed about 6x a year with two coats of wax in spring and fall. Averages about 6k a year and is kept in a garage

The Z Grand Touring convertible and the motorcycle get the most attention and get the least miles driven each year.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:43:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I live out in the country down a muddy rutted gravel road, so just a couple times a year.  If I lived in town my truck would be spotless, but I can shoot in my backyard so I'll take the trade off.  
View Quote

You win and I would happily give up my clean cars for this.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:43:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Every couple weeks.

Two bucket method,dried and then spray Chemical guys V7 spray sealant on it. Blackfire sealant once a season. Dirty sometimes, protected all the time. Always get Great resale or trade in value.
View Quote

You're and autogeeker, aren't you? Lol
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:48:14 PM EDT
[#5]
A clean 4wd shows that the owner has an obvious character flaw.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:51:49 PM EDT
[#6]
When it rains.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:59:04 PM EDT
[#7]
W-wash... my.. car?
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:59:34 PM EDT
[#8]
I wash my car every week or two...wax and detail it out every other month.

My truck is lucky if it gets washed every two months....and waxed once a year.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:06:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:17:21 PM EDT
[#10]
All of them at least once every 1-2 weeks
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:18:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Yearly...if it needs it or not.
View Quote

This.  My time riding motorcycles left me neglecting the look of my cars.  I don't even have a bike anymore and I still don't do it.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:20:16 PM EDT
[#12]
every 4-6 weeks I guess
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:54:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
My whole fleet is washed weekly.
View Quote

Eta:  even the dump trucks and trailers
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:56:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Every couple weeks.

Two bucket method,dried and then spray Chemical guys V7 spray sealant on it. Blackfire sealant once a season. Dirty sometimes, protected all the time. Always get Great resale or trade in value.

Yeah....well I'm that same way with my ARs. Blessing and a curse I suppose.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 11:06:16 PM EDT
[#15]
My cars on as needed bases, two bucket method and drying it off using Zaino Grand Finale each time
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 11:36:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
maybe 2 times a year. Who gives a shit.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 11:41:34 PM EDT
[#17]
According to my data - About 2.7 times per month.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 12:01:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Pix of brodozer?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My bro dozed gets washed before a truck show or dyno day. Wife's car, every other month. It is so dusty out here, you have to wash it 10 min before you go somewhere if you want it clean.

Pix of brodozer?

Best I could do with it getting dark and my ipotato. Too many mods to list. Just over 500/1000 on the dyno.

Link Posted: 5/29/2015 11:52:14 AM EDT
[#19]
My daily driver gets washed ever weekend. It is black and having a dirty truck drives me nuts.
Pressure washer, foam cannon, 2 bucket wash. I do wheelwells, frame rails and under the hood about 1x a month.

The rest of em get washed every 2-3 weeks. I have a rotation where I typically do 2 cars a weekend.

Since it has been raining/crappy the last couple of weekends, I have been slacking.

Link Posted: 5/29/2015 12:16:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Wash the cars with water every week or so weather dependent.  Every day or so I use Zaino Z6

Link Posted: 5/29/2015 12:19:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Best I could do with it getting dark and my ipotato. Too many mods to list. Just over 500/1000 on the dyno.

http://i62.tinypic.com/2s0xqo5.jpg
http://i57.tinypic.com/21o6aaf.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
My bro dozed gets washed before a truck show or dyno day. Wife's car, every other month. It is so dusty out here, you have to wash it 10 min before you go somewhere if you want it clean.

Pix of brodozer?

neat!
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 1:39:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

neat!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pix of brodozer?

neat!

Some people don't beleive me when I say I have a bro dozer. The dually has 5" stacks, is on Dick Cepek 35s, and spike lug nut covers. And I just put Halos in the front headlights and both sets of fogs. How much more dozer can I bro? I no has LED light bar.

I'm needing a front wench mounted before I buy a light bar. I'm not sure how I'm going to mount the bar yet.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 1:41:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Maybe twice a year.  
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 1:43:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Just got finished washing and waxing my car

Mustang gets washed and waxed every other week. Sometimes more frequently if I have nothing going on one weekend

The jeep gets hit with a pressure washer whenever i get around to remembering. Sometimes a drive through car wash if i'm feeling good. With 198k on it at last check, and with the multitude of scratches, rock chips, etc on it, its adequate.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 2:02:28 PM EDT
[#25]
I drive a jeep. When it rains.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 2:42:24 PM EDT
[#26]
I aim for a minimum of 4 times a year.  With that said, I am about due for a wash now that the pollen has stopped for the most part.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 2:44:13 PM EDT
[#27]
3 - 4 times a year, with an extra thrown in if I manage to get it muddy.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 2:49:13 PM EDT
[#28]
It's Florida in the summer-time. All we have to do is wait until the afternoon - EVERY SINGLE DAY!

Link Posted: 5/29/2015 2:51:08 PM EDT
[#29]
It rains during.monsoon season so inbetween July and September.  Nature's drive through car wash.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 2:52:15 PM EDT
[#30]
I haven't washed my truck for at least two years.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 2:54:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
lol

they wash the outside of mine when i take it for an oil change

THE GM dealer I used to go did free car washes.  The Dodge dealer I go to now gives me a coupon for a free car wash down the road.

I do every few weeks, clay bar and wax once a year.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 2:54:50 PM EDT
[#32]
4runner gets washed whenever dirty or time allows.

Daughters scion, rarely since I gave it to her

Wifes car , maybe twice a month

Blazer , maybe once a year
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 3:00:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Once a week both cars are washed and dried.  Insides dusted and shop vac'd and tires shined.  Once a month (sometimes more) they get waxed.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 3:00:45 PM EDT
[#34]
The dealer washed the car, does that count?
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 3:03:09 PM EDT
[#35]
My interior is still full of Amarillo dust from September.... it gets hosed down with the pressure washer when it needs it though
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 3:05:12 PM EDT
[#36]
GF's Nissan Versa gets detailed 2-3x a year with a few machine washes in between.

My 99 F350 work truck.......maybe every other month
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 3:23:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Nice car - once a month

350z - havent driven it in a while, but it needs it

Truck - once every few years
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 3:32:25 PM EDT
[#38]
Wife's new Ford Focus and my classic 1986 BMW 635 - about every week or 2. My Jeep Wrangler - hardly ever - gets a hose down now and then.

Link Posted: 5/29/2015 3:42:24 PM EDT
[#39]
Usually once a week
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 3:51:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Truck?  Once a month, maybe?

Challenger SRT?  If I drive it enough weekly at a minimum...
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 3:54:05 PM EDT
[#41]
My 15 year old piece of shit daily driver gets washed when it rains, which is rare out here.  I'm beginning to think that the layer of dirt is now all that is holding it together.

My nicer car gets washed about once a month.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 3:54:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Weekly
View Quote

This, sometimes a few times a week.

This is for the camaro and living on a dirt road.  For the suv, once a month or whenever it's really dirty, but it's tan in color so it can go a while.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 3:57:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Some people don't beleive me when I say I have a bro dozer. The dually has 5" stacks, is on Dick Cepek 35s, and spike lug nut covers. And I just put Halos in the front headlights and both sets of fogs. How much more dozer can I bro? I no has LED light bar.

I'm needing a front wench mounted before I buy a light bar. I'm not sure how I'm going to mount the bar yet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pix of brodozer?

neat!

It needs about 15 sets of Recon lights on it.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 4:00:30 PM EDT
[#44]
Once or twice a week but I have the luxury of a wash bay in the detail dept at work.

Lately it's been almost daily, it seems that a Pterodactyl with diarrhea has taken up residence in a tree that I park my car under.
That thing splatters my car with pizza sized bombs overnight and it's quite a mess.

Link Posted: 5/29/2015 4:02:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
The truck gets a wash/wax every couple of weeks.

The 95 Cutlass with almost 200K? When it rains.
View Quote

When it rains or it's parked close to sprinklers when they turn on.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 4:13:35 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pix of brodozer?

neat!

Lift the front end about 4 to 6 inches more and leave the rear end where it is.  All the brodozers around here have the bulldog thing going.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 6:23:28 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

It has Halos in the front, and already has Recon marker LEDs all the way around.

I have two sets of Viral Industries LED fogs for the rear. Mounted on the headache rack and in the bumper. They are stupid bright. Most China LEDs run 3v lamps. Viral uses 10v lights. So my two LED lamp makes more light than a el cheapo China 7 lamp. I'll get more LEDs after I install my winch.

But I just bought electric pop out running boards today for my truck. And a single big rig Horn. Along with another truck. I found the same truck as mine but a 07 with only 35,000 miles on it. Guy wanted $34,000 and I bought it. So I'll sell my 99 and give my guys the 07 to drive along with the 09, 05, 03, 01, and 97.

Quoted:

Lift the front end about 4 to 6 inches more and leave the rear end where it is.  All the brodozers around here have the bulldog thing going.

It has a 2" level kit spacer on the front and air bags on the rear. So it still doesn't sit level. I'm getting a 3" lift kit from Carli to help it level a little more. I think it runs $1,500 for the Carli kit. But it's supposed to ride much nicer than stock. Im looking forward to getting it.

Only the Hindus do that bed squat look here in Nor Cal. And the Central Cal idiots do it too.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 6:48:46 PM EDT
[#48]
In the winter, it gets washed a lot, sometimes every fill up.   When it's warm, only when it hasn't rained and the car is covered with tree goo or bug splats.

Back in the late 80s, when I was driving for Crime Story, every week (not my car but close enough) or more.

p.s.  major payne to wash, let alone wax.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 7:00:42 PM EDT
[#49]
I can't remember the last time I washed a car.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 7:52:42 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

My black C300...DAILY...
View Quote
I'm in the same boat.  My black merc get dirty just sitting outside.  I drive onto the beach almost daily and my range is down a dirt road.  I wash and wax my wife's car every Sunday.  If I have energy left I do mine too.

Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top