Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/28/2015 4:59:23 PM EDT
With all the vasectomy talk lately, I've been doing a little research, as one should do anytime he's about to give another man control of his balls. I've read about the "no scapel" version and it turns out there is a doc close by that does this. Sounds like a pain free quick stop appointment. Seems to have just as high if not a little higher success rate compared to traditional vasectomy. Discuss...
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 5:20:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I wanted to get one, except bastards wanted to charge full price and that's not fair for uni-ballers
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 5:29:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Balls.... The new tranny????

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 5:36:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Got mine done 10 years ago, no scalpel. They gave me a Vallium to take the morning of and one to take the afternoon of. After that it was friday, saturday, sunday on the couch with a sack of frozen peas on my sack and wifey bringing cold beer to me. Best copay I ever spent.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 5:38:31 PM EDT
[#4]
No scalpel just means they use a sharp pair of scissors to do it. I had the scalpel method. Not bad. Couple days and good to go. Do not do anything for those 2 days though.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 5:40:24 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

No scalpel just means they use a sharp pair of scissors to do it.
I had the scalpel method. Not bad. Couple days and good to go. Do not do anything for those 2 days though.

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 5:50:50 PM EDT
[#6]
So the no scapel is no easier than traditional? You wouldn't drive across town for the no scapel?
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 5:54:00 PM EDT
[#7]
The scalpel version is a pain-free quick stop appointment. I was on the table for about 15 minutes start to finish...no pain. It's really no big deal. Just make sure you take it easy for a couple days afterward.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 5:54:19 PM EDT
[#8]
My wife has been bugging me to go do it.

I keep telling her I have the discipline to pull out

She had a pamphlet waiting for me when I got home today
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 5:56:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Meh, I cut my lawn the next dayday and mine was bad.  I learned there is no legal limit to how much novacain..ccan be injected into your sack.

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 5:56:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

you need a sex ed class.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 5:57:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Mines not that pushy. Just had my third child and they couldn't tie her tubes due to some complications. Hate for her to have another surgery, so I'm taking it upon myself.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 6:00:02 PM EDT
[#12]
My personal opinion....the scalpel version > no scalpel version.

The scalpel version opens a larger area that allows the doc to work.  This allows him to do the work with less tugging and yanking on all the parts.

The no scalpel version makes one small hole and all of your goods are yanked out and worked on and then put back.  If your vas are short-sheeted and you don't have any slack, that requires more tugging and (in my mind) causes most of the post-op pain.

I went traditional and was fine.  Buddy went no scalpel and was in a decent amount of pain.

Just don't knock her up after doing it, you would then just look all kinds of stupid (and womanly) at the same time.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 6:03:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

The scalpel version opens a larger area that allows the doc to work.  This allows him to do the work with less tugging and yanking on all the parts.

The no scalpel version makes one small hole and all of your goods are yanked out and worked on and then put back.  If your vas are short-sheeted and you don't have any slack, that requires more tugging and (in my mind) causes most of the post-op pain.

I went traditional and was fine.  Buddy went no scalpel and was in a lot of pain.

There is no pain whether you have a small hole in your sack vs a linear slit.
View Quote

That hurt my nuts just reading that
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 6:06:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I went traditional and was fine.  Buddy went no scalpel and was in a lot of pain.

It's really nothing to worry about provided you don't get out and overdo it.  Most guys expect the worst and when it is virtually nothing (easier than a filling at the dentist), they go out and overdo it.  That's when the pain starts.

The difference is a small hole vs about a 1" slit, you won't feel the difference between the two.

Ice is your friend, ice long and ice well.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 6:07:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I went traditional and was fine.  Buddy went no scalpel and was in a decent amount of pain.

Just don't knock her up after doing it, you would then just look all kinds of stupid (and womanly) at the same time.
View Quote

Haven't thought of it like that. Thank you!
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 6:08:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
With all the vasectomy talk lately, I've been doing a little research, as one should do anytime he's about to give another man control of his balls. I've read about the "no scapel" version and it turns out there is a doc close by that does this. Sounds like a pain free quick stop appointment. Seems to have just as high if not a little higher success rate compared to traditional vasectomy. Discuss...
View Quote

Sorry to bust your balls, but I had a scalpel free vasectomy and it was extremely painful. My doc said the pain you experience varies wildly. Let's just say after 15 minutes I was drenched in cold sweat and clenching my fists until the veins were popping out. And I was on valium and percocet at the time.

ETA: some of the tugging was very painful, and the cauterizing and clipping of the vas was bad. Imagine someone taking a cattle prod and or stun gun directly to your testical.

The procedure itself was horrid, but recovery was for the most part not bad. I intentionally took it easy and felt mostly normal in 2 days, and 80% normal in 2 weeks. Ocassionally I'd get a weird pain like someone poked me in the balls.

However, afterwards the first time you ejaculate be ready for blood and gunk to come out. And you might have hard swolen lumps inside your testes- not painful just weird.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 6:08:53 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, then.

If I wouldn't get banned for posting a pic of my sack after the "no scalpel" method, I'd post a pic.

Needless to say there was some swelling and bruising. This man is spot on about the tugging and pulling.

All in all,things are great now almost two yrs later.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 6:09:56 PM EDT
[#18]
I used to be all about my Vasectomy until I watched "The Postman" and realized that in TEOTWAWKI post apocalyptic world, hot chicks will need my essence when their husbands caught the cancer... maybe I can just tell them that I can get them preggers and then bug out the next day!

- Clint
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 6:11:53 PM EDT
[#19]
At least THIS thread has vasectomy spelled right.

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 6:13:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Got mine done 10 years ago, no scalpel. They gave me a Vallium to take the morning of and one to take the afternoon of. After that it was friday, saturday, sunday on the couch with a sack of frozen peas on my sack and wifey bringing cold beer to me. Best copay I ever spent.
View Quote

This. ^
Took the valium the morning of and only took ibuprofen the next day. Never took the percocet they prescribed me. Frozen peas work great.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 6:30:09 PM EDT
[#21]
I guess I need to go ahead and fo. Im guessing I'll have to make an appointment for consult first?
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 6:35:41 PM EDT
[#22]

I had mine done a couple years ago.  No scalpel, perhaps scissors whatever, they just put a small hole, I mean like less than 1/8" diameter, in the very front, top side of your sack.  Then they go in after the tubes and do their thing.  Then when done, they burn (cauterize.. sp?) the hole back closed.

I took it easy for a couple days, but skipped the frozen peas crap.  I nutted the next day, no problems whatsoever.  No bruising, nothing.

The worst part of the whole thing was a week or so later when the little scab came off the hole.  The whole thing was a piece of cake.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 6:38:45 PM EDT
[#23]
My voice just went up an octave while reading this...
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 6:42:05 PM EDT
[#24]
The way I was trained in doing the Scalpel free" method, which I don't do, as a scalpel cuts better--the doc uses a really pointy hemostat or mosquito clamp to poke a hole in your scrotum, the spread the handles to rip a hole.

In order to open the vas, you either need a scalpel or fine point scissors.

It's a marketing gimmick. If done improperly, the risk of recannelization is greater
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 6:42:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I guess I need to go ahead and fo. Im guessing I'll have to make an appointment for consult first?
View Quote

Really it's the best $20 I ever spent.  The worst part was the anticipation and the dreading.  

Some hints:

There's a special kind of bandage that won't stick to blood, get those they are easier to change.
Buy two jock straps, one to wear while the other is washing.
Keep your balls iced as long as you can.  No matter what the doc says, ice them....it will keep them cinched up in your body near your spine and away from anything or anyone who would hit them.
Relax and have some movies ready (might I be so bold as to suggest shotgunning breaking bad).
Your goods will work, don't go testing them out--you will regret it.

Get it done on a Friday morning and sit with your feet up for the rest of the weekend under a fan in the AC, watching TV and being waited on hand and foot.  If you can coordinate it with an epic sporting event, that works well too.

Go for it man, really the procedure is not a big deal.  You'll feel great afterwards and you'll double your wardrobe because you will immediately be able to wear your wife's clothing.    Seriously, in my Doc's office there was nothing but Better Homes and Gardening magazines, I asked my wife if that was a sign.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 6:44:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
The way I was trained in doing the Scalpel free" method, which I don't do, as a scalpel cuts better--the doc uses a really pointy hemostat or mosquito clamp to poke a hole in your scrotum, the spread the handles to rip a hole.

In order to open the vas, you either need a scalpel or fine point scissors.

It's a marketing gimmick. If done improperly, the risk of recannelization is greater
View Quote

Thanks for the insight sir.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 6:45:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Had my vasectomy when I was 30 (35 years ago)  Best thing I ever did at the time.  With what I did not spend on condoms after the "cut" I bought a new car.  And the wife enjoyed it very much!  
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 6:46:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ok.

That is a deal killer.

Scalpel all the way.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 6:50:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I wanted to get one, except bastards wanted to charge full price and that's not fair for uni-ballers
View Quote

I actually got mine for half price. Yeah nut cancer!? He used scissors, I watched, it was interesting. No big deal.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 7:11:58 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

So the no scapel is no easier than traditional? You wouldn't drive across town for the no scapel?
View Quote
I did the no scalpel thinking it was some breakthrough. And then the Dr told me she had to get in there somehow. Scissors it was.

Since there's rulez:

My Doc -

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 7:36:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Yeah, the tugging is an interesting sensation
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 8:23:10 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
No scalpel just means they use a sharp pair of scissors to do it. I had the scalpel method. Not bad. Couple days and good to go. Do not do anything for those 2 days though.

View Quote

Yup

Snip snip is called that for a reason.

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 8:55:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Had my vasectomy when I was 30 (35 years ago)  Best thing I ever did at the time.  With what I did not spend on condoms after the "cut" I bought a new car.  And the wife enjoyed it very much!  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I got married so I didn't have to worry about using a condom. I feel bad for you bro that you missed out in all those years of more sensual feeling sex.

Quoted:
Yeah, the tugging is an interesting sensation

That was the worst part, seriously.

One time the ol' Doc got a little carried away & I thought she was going to yank my nut out of that small incision.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 8:59:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I used to be all about my Vasectomy until I watched "The Postman" and realized that in TEOTWAWKI post apocalyptic world, hot chicks will need my essence when their husbands caught the cancer... maybe I can just tell them that I can get them preggers and then bug out the next day!

- Clint
View Quote

It will take about a month for them to know you are jerking their chain so stay a while and enjoy.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 8:59:41 PM EDT
[#35]
Off with his head.

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:12:14 PM EDT
[#36]
I really need to get one, however, you fuckers aren't making me want to pick up the phone and make the call......
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:14:38 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Just do it. Yes, you'll have a consult first where he goes over the procedure. Then they'll schedule you (probably for a Friday) for the real deal. It's not bad. A bit uncomfortable, but not bad. Plan to take it easy through the weekend and you should be fine come Monday. I went back to boxers a little too soon and quickly regretted that decision, but it wasn't anything a few warm baths couldn't fix.

One of the best decisions I've made in the last few years.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:19:51 PM EDT
[#38]
I think we are done having kids. We more than have our hands full. I'm doomed for being snipped. Being how my wife and I wanted to have a few more kids and a big family, it is hard to come to terms with the fact that we are done.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:36:16 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I really need to get one, however, you fuckers aren't making me want to pick up the phone and make the call......
View Quote

Do it. I'm making the call in the AM. Let's get the balls rolling..
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:57:16 PM EDT
[#40]
My consult was 15 minutes before they started cutting.

Be sure and shave your nuts before you go in, you really don't want them doing it
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:59:57 PM EDT
[#41]
How can I repopulate the earth after the apocalypse if I'm fixed
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:05:13 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Sorry to bust your balls, but I had a scalpel free vasectomy and it was extremely painful. My doc said the pain you experience varies wildly. Let's just say after 15 minutes I was drenched in cold sweat and clenching my fists until the veins were popping out. And I was on valium and percocet at the time.

ETA: some of the tugging was very painful, and the cauterizing and clipping of the vas was bad. Imagine someone taking a cattle prod and or stun gun directly to your testical.

The procedure itself was horrid, but recovery was for the most part not bad. I intentionally took it easy and felt mostly normal in 2 days, and 80% normal in 2 weeks. Ocassionally I'd get a weird pain like someone poked me in the balls.

However, afterwards the first time you ejaculate be ready for blood and gunk to come out. And you might have hard swolen lumps inside your testes- not painful just weird.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

All this plus chronic epididymitis
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:10:57 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
My consult was 15 minutes before they started cutting.

Be sure and shave your nuts before you go in, you really don't want them doing it
View Quote

My doc said to balance a pencil on the base of the penis (horizontally). Shave everything from there down.

Not a big deal.  Like everyone said, do it on a Friday and spend the weekend in your lazy-boy.  The folks who have it the worst are those with irregular anatomy. My BIL had a procedure where the doc couldn't reach one vas. The tugging and pulling took a long time and caused much pain.  It goes good for most guys.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:16:14 PM EDT
[#44]
With certain things, TRADITIONS die slowly (for me).  Remember when the medical field was all abuzz about robotic surgury?

Aloha, Mark
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:27:44 PM EDT
[#45]
I had mine done at a small rural place.  The Doc says "we have a Nurse Practitioner (student/intern/whatever) here that will probably never see this again, can she sit in on it?"

I figure what the hell, "Sure" I say.

So I got the full on running commentary on the whys and whats. It was interesting.  And generally painless.  After a couple of weeks they had me bring in a sample to prove success.  
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:35:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

No scalpel, LMAO. Call it what you want, they still gotta cut ur sack and ur tube, does it really matter if they use a scalpel, scissors, that little "clip thing" or a rusty nail?

Had mine done 9 years ago (no clue what style, lol). Had it done friday afternoon, frozen pee's rest of friday and saturday, played 18holes on sunday and back to work on Monday (I'm a cop). No valium, no vicodin after, no 2 weeks off like some people I have seen here. It is literally such an easy operation I could do it after just having only even seen mine done. Took all of 10 minutes with about 11 seconds of discomfort.

J-

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 11:36:00 PM EDT
[#47]
no scalpel =/= no pain.  As stated, they poke a hole and stretch it.  Mine was "a fair bit of discomfort", and sore the next day or two.  Bag of peas, underwear hiked up around your nipples, and no jogging. :)  Tylenol was enough for the pain, but it was not pain free by any means.

Still totally worth it. :)

Onyx
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 2:36:02 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

View Quote
Triple price for me

Link Posted: 5/29/2015 2:39:44 AM EDT
[#49]
Best move of my life.  Scalpel part doesn't matter, but the concept is that the hole heals faster with a more jagged edge.  It's true that it does heal faster.  

I got the needleless done and it was awesome.  No needles in the ball sack, it is a high pressure injection of lidocaine and you barely feel it.  

I took the valium and Percocet before I went in and it made it super easy to get through.  Was seriously a non event after all was said and done.  Just make sure you sit on your ass and do nothing for several days after.  SERIOUSLY I have friends who didn't and ther sack got huge and black.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 8:15:44 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Triple price for me

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Triple price for me

We could of done it together and both come out even
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top