Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 8:28:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Where the hell is the picture of the guy holding the giant ball of Christmas lights.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 8:31:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
independant terrorist groups, like AQ, are not a threat to the nation state of Israel, presuming they don't have nukes. Assad / Hezbollah are a threat to that state, however. I'd guess that Israel is simply using AQ to weaken a greater threat. Not much of a story IMO. Doesn't mean that Bibi and Al Queda are homies or anything.
View Quote

Assad, especially in his current weakened state, is no more a threat to Israel than Luxemburg. A Syrian failed state, with large parts of such serving as a sanctuary for ISIS/AQ/and MB backed groups, is very much a threat to Israel, Lebanon, Jordan, and the to the broader stability of the region...none of which bodes well for Israel. You guys are still living in the 70's, and your threat assessments are decades old and naive.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 8:32:52 PM EDT
[#3]
What happened to Sturmbannführer?  He vanished

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 8:36:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Israel is not "occupying" the Golan Heights.  They won it fair and square.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 8:37:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Having cracked a history book, I'm cool with them keeping it as well.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 8:39:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Assad, especially in his current weakened state, is no more a threat to Israel than Luxemburg. A Syrian failed state, with large parts of such serving as a sanctuary for ISIS/AQ/and MB backed groups, is very much a threat to Israel, Lebanon, Jordan, and the to the broader stability of the region...none of which bodes well for Israel. You guys are still living in the 70's.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
independant terrorist groups, like AQ, are not a threat to the nation state of Israel, presuming they don't have nukes. Assad / Hezbollah are a threat to that state, however. I'd guess that Israel is simply using AQ to weaken a greater threat. Not much of a story IMO. Doesn't mean that Bibi and Al Queda are homies or anything.

Assad, especially in his current weakened state, is no more a threat to Israel than Luxemburg. A Syrian failed state, with large parts of such serving as a sanctuary for ISIS/AQ/and MB backed groups, is very much a threat to Israel, Lebanon, Jordan, and the to the broader stability of the region...none of which bodes well for Israel. You guys are still living in the 70's.

Let's put it this way...if various groups are locked in a fight to the death in Syria they'll be too busy to attack Israel and no one there is a threat. Perhaps Israel has simply determined to support these guys right now, knowing that they are too weak to actually win/take over Syria. They're cannon fodder. Think of it like Mao. Who are you going to send into the meat grinder of Korea first? Your boys or those army guys that didn't quite make it to Taiwan with CK-S? Yup. Use up those nationalists first, then send in the Red Army.

Seems like an entirely reasonable strategy. If you can get enemy 1 to kill enemy 2...and yet enemy 1 never really gains any real power, you've played those fools like a fiddle.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 8:44:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Issues like the Golan and the traditional Palestinian/Israeli conflict have long been surpassed by more pressing issues and more dangerous threats. The problem is a lot of people have not caught up in their thinking. Old habits die hard I guess.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 8:48:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Anybody find a reliable source on this yet?
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 8:52:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Issues like the Golan and the traditional Palestinian/Israeli conflict have long been surpassed by more pressing issues and more dangerous threats. The problem is a lot of people have not caught up in their thinking. Old habits die hard I guess.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Vague as shit post.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 8:58:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Vague as shit post.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Vague as shit post.

The Syrian civil war ring a bell?  

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:28:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Why are you idiots so fucking obsessed with calling everyone an 88'r whenever some one posts something about Israel?

Good fucking grief.
View Quote

Classic race card bullshit. Criticize Israel, must be a racist.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:15:44 PM EDT
[#12]
So if Israel is patching up the Syrians then someone is paying them to do it. I don't see Israel giving a damn about 1000 Syrians and on top of that spending $25K-$100k to patch them up. Someone is footing the bill, and I believe those oil rich countries are. Boost moral within the FSA, they get great medical attention if injured and can return to fight again.  Israel, in the process, is winning a few minds which might help in the long run.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 12:39:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Anybody find a reliable source on this yet?
View Quote

The Wall Street Journal touched on it here.

Link Posted: 5/29/2015 12:49:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
So if Israel is patching up the Syrians then someone is paying them to do it. I don't see Israel giving a damn about 1000 Syrians and on top of that spending $25K-$100k to patch them up. Someone is footing the bill, and I believe those oil rich countries are. Boost moral within the FSA, they get great medical attention if injured and can return to fight again.  Israel, in the process, is winning a few minds which might help in the long run.
View Quote

Israel gains these things, possibly more, by supporting Jabhat al-Nusra:
(1) They can put the hurt on Hezbollah
(2) They can put the hurt on Syria
(3) They can put the hurt on Iran
(4) They can put the hurt on ISIL
(5) They can put the hurt on Lebanon

Hezbollah is designated a terrorist organization by Israel, whereas Jabhat al-Nusra is not, yet the al-Nusra Front is designated a terrorist organization by the United States and quite a few other countries.The al-Nusra front also recently reaffirmed its ties to al-Qaeda.

However, the al-Nusra front recently made a pledge not to attack Western targets.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 1:45:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Hezbollah is designated a terrorist organization by Israel, whereas Jabhat al-Nusra is not, yet the al-Nusra Front is designated a terrorist organization by the United States and quite a few other countries.The al-Nusra front also recently reaffirmed its ties to al-Qaeda.

However, the al-Nusra front recently made a pledge not to attack Western targets...right now.
View Quote

FIFY

The Middle East so completely fucked up.  It's basically Valhalla for the Abrahamic religions, it's perpetual war.  Right now Jabhat al-Nusra isn't a problem for Israel. But that's just "right now".  If Assad falls they'll become a problem for Israel.  

Link Posted: 5/29/2015 3:13:00 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

FIFY

The Middle East so completely fucked up.  It's basically Valhalla for the Abrahamic religions, it's perpetual war.  Right now Jabhat al-Nusra isn't a problem for Israel. But that's just "right now".  If Assad falls they'll become a problem for Israel.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

However, the al-Nusra front recently made a pledge not to attack Western targets...right now.

FIFY

I take the word of al-Qaeda with a grain of salt.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 3:37:47 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Why are you idiots so fucking obsessed with calling everyone an 88'r whenever some one posts something about Israel?

Good fucking grief.
View Quote
Well correct me if I'm wrong as I haven't been here or lurked here as much as others but don't they usually turn out to be 88's the vast majority of the time when posting negative things about Israel?  There has been many times I have seen where someone within pages of their denial of being an 88 talks about Zionists or oppression or how the Jews run this or that.   I don't think it apply to Sturmgeist though.  He would have been banned by now.

Link Posted: 5/29/2015 7:17:24 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Oh, and here's the author's personal blog - Asa Winstanley's Blog - The Electronic Intifada.

View Quote

What a lump of shit
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top