Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 19
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 6:50:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Consider how long it took for Obama to push through Obamacare. It would take a whole lot longer than that to create a federal police force, not to mention the resistance would be a whole lot stiffer.

Every so often, I heart talk of various big city police departments "merging and going metro" with their surrounding county sheriff's department. However, it almost always fails because the issue of power comes up. The mayor/city commissioners don't want to surrender control of their municipal PD to a county sheriff. Also, there's the issue of paying for it. People in the big cities are concerned the police they pay for will be re-allocated to the suburbs. People in the county don't want to be paying for cops to patrol the ghetto. It would be like this on a grand scale.

If you think police departments now have a problem with hiring undesirables, I can only imagine what a completely Federalized police force would look like.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 6:57:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Burn it down!

...So the rest of us can start over.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 6:57:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

THIS.

The Feds take over easily by threatening legal actions plus funding cutoff and the local governments fold.  Already happened in almost 3 dozen cities since Zero took over.  DOJ threatens, then offers a deal where DOJ takes over leadership in the PD and the city signs the consent decree that gives up local control to the Feds.  Cleveland is the most recent example, following Ferguson and St Louis, and Baltimore will be the next.

It won't be a police chief appointed by DC to run the department.  It will be someone like a KGB political officer who monitors the department to ensure policies comply with federal edict and to keep track on the loyalties of higher level department personnel.  And as time goes on the loyalty of anyone who advances in the department will be tied to their support of the regime.

Think of how the military's senior officers corps is so highly politicized with administration bootlickers and figure that the nations' police forces are in danger of going the same way.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Look, I know that this whole evil govt thing you have going is central to your world view, but you are making yourself look like a loon.

BTW>  Feds would be a step down in pay and bennies.  Quite a bit for some of us.  

Okay, fine I'm a loon.  

"Big fed raid" aside, I don't think there are many departments in the US that could operate without the resource assistance and exemptions from federal law (i.e. NFA/GCA) given by the feds.  I'm sure there are some.

Again, after 9/11, the feds completely took over (and goat-fucked) the entire airport security industry in less than a year.  To think that given the right impetus they couldn't take over a police department or two just doesn't make sense.  

States explicitly have the rights to dictate police and fire. . . just how it works.

And I'm guessing [b]if the states started to pay a fraction of what they provide to the feds (some of them not all) they'd have ample monies left over to provide their police with funding.

The feds won't be having a hostile takeover of local police departments.[/b[  

THIS.

The Feds take over easily by threatening legal actions plus funding cutoff and the local governments fold.  Already happened in almost 3 dozen cities since Zero took over.  DOJ threatens, then offers a deal where DOJ takes over leadership in the PD and the city signs the consent decree that gives up local control to the Feds.  Cleveland is the most recent example, following Ferguson and St Louis, and Baltimore will be the next.

It won't be a police chief appointed by DC to run the department.  It will be someone like a KGB political officer who monitors the department to ensure policies comply with federal edict and to keep track on the loyalties of higher level department personnel.  And as time goes on the loyalty of anyone who advances in the department will be tied to their support of the regime.

Think of how the military's senior officers corps is so highly politicized with administration bootlickers and figure that the nations' police forces are in danger of going the same way.

I don't know. . . think you missed the point of my post.

The one thing we can probably agree on is that in the future, private security companies will become more and more lucrative and in demand
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 7:02:21 PM EDT
[#4]
What makes anyone think the actual law to federalize all police departments are going to be read by any of our lawmakers before they vote on it?

They sort of have a history of needing to vote for it before they bother reading it.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 7:38:00 PM EDT
[#5]
but, but, but…the experts on CNN and MSNBC said less jack-booted-evil-white-guy police presence was needed. Perhaps there is still too much police presence and even less would be better.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 8:11:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Well folks your elected officials in an effort to appease you have let you down. Again .   You have the power to determine your fate.  Recall them.  Vote them out.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 8:13:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Well folks your elected officials in an effort to appease you have let you down. Again. You have the power to determine your fate.  Recall them.  Vote them out.
View Quote

"But, but, they're black like us."
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 8:44:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:03:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:15:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Clueless.

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:16:14 PM EDT
[#11]
this time its not that first post thingy, its all posts!!!!
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:25:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:31:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

True, but even normally smart people really do not understand how any of this works.  They really think that the Feds pump serious amounts of money into local police agencies and really do think that consent decrees give them the final say over every aspect of agency operations.  They picture in their minds that somehow the loss of this funding would be devastating, and somehow that rules designed to reduce identified problems translate into the AG, therefore the President, taking personal command of local agencies.

Newsflash, nearly every agency could survive without federal support.  Local politicians are far too protective of their own sandbox to cede power to Washington.  They would much rather lose the couple of guys funded under grant money, than let someone else piss in their cheerios.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Clueless.

True, but even normally smart people really do not understand how any of this works.  They really think that the Feds pump serious amounts of money into local police agencies and really do think that consent decrees give them the final say over every aspect of agency operations.  They picture in their minds that somehow the loss of this funding would be devastating, and somehow that rules designed to reduce identified problems translate into the AG, therefore the President, taking personal command of local agencies.

Newsflash, nearly every agency could survive without federal support.  Local politicians are far too protective of their own sandbox to cede power to Washington.  They would much rather lose the couple of guys funded under grant money, than let someone else piss in their cheerios.

Then what's the endgame here?  What's the point?
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:33:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Smile and wave boys... smile and wave...
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:35:38 PM EDT
[#15]

What laws are they going to enforce if there ends up being a National Police Force?

presidential edicts.............presidential executive orders.............

Ok you got me. I cannot penetrate your tinfoil.
View Quote

What in the last 7 years proves to you that we have not stepped through the looking glass? By God we have a DOJ completely ignoring federal laws, we have a president who explains that he can't do something because it is unconstitutional and a few months later declares s'OK he can do it now, we have a congress that that votes on bills it doesn't read, we have rogue regulatory agencies making decisions that effectively kill the produce industry in California, we have the threat of seasonal puddles being declared navigable waterways, we had governmental agencies threatening to go after farmers and ranchers for dust, we have big city mayors side with rioters when they burn and pillage, we have the DOJ actively selling weapons to the drug cartels in Mexico, we have a president who is actively and obviously allowing illegal immigrants to enter the US while giving them better benefits than our veterans, we have a president who is not in the least worried about our debt, in fact he has added more to our debt than any other president in the history of the country, tell me, tell me that looking at, experiencing all that we have not stepped through the looking glass............
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:37:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:38:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Elections have consequences.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:40:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

The end game, if there is one, is to appear to have done something while changing nothing.
View Quote

That I can buy.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:40:36 PM EDT
[#19]
BLUE FLU Ya got it?

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:54:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:01:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Maybe they should have elected someone who supports the police instead of looking at them as the enemy.

Txl
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:03:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

The Steubenville police have been under a consent decree for 20 years.  You know what changed?  Here it is and it's massive.  Officers are not allowed to swear at citizens.  That's pretty much it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The end game, if there is one, is to appear to have done something while changing nothing.

That I can buy.

The Steubenville police have been under a consent decree for 20 years.  You know what changed?  Here it is and it's massive.  Officers are not allowed to swear at citizens.  That's pretty much it.

You should ask what the NOLA guys think of the consent decree.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:15:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"No pepper spray for you !!!"
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:18:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Ask all those retards who would have been slaughtered at the Muhammad drawing contest a couple of weeks ago in TX.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do police really prevent crime? Or are they there just to arrest the wrongdoer's?

Ask all those retards who would have been slaughtered at the Muhammad drawing contest a couple of weeks ago in TX.

Trust me coc violation, those retards you mention were armed better than most folks.
This is Tx.  Now go play with your blue line.

Now, garland is the last place I'd go fucking around.  Their police don't.

Txl
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:19:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Boohoo

Too bad so fucking sad
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:19:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

There is no end game.  Just another distraction and more noise.  Obama bans military surplus that no police agency would likely want or use anyway.  The Justice department issues a consent decree that prohibits Cleveland cops from pistol whipping people.  In 29 years, 8 of those in an agency within Cleveland, not once have I seen any person pistol whipped.  The worst of the whole thing was requiring a drawn weapons report which will likely be a one page fill in the blank report.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Clueless.

There is no end game.  Just another distraction and more noise.  Obama bans military surplus that no police agency would likely want or use anyway.  The Justice department issues a consent decree that prohibits Cleveland cops from pistol whipping people.  In 29 years, 8 of those in an agency within Cleveland, not once have I seen any person pistol whipped.  The worst of the whole thing was requiring a drawn weapons report which will likely be a one page fill in the blank report.  

Exactly
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:21:09 PM EDT
[#27]
At a City Council meeting Wednesday, Batts said officers have expressed concern they could be arrested for making mistakes. "What is happening, there is a lot of levels of confusion in the police organization. There are people who have pain, there are people who are hurt, there are people who are frustrated, there are people who are angry," Batts said. "There are people, and they've said this to me, 'If I get out of my car and make a stop for a reasonable suspicion that leads to probable cause but I make a mistake on it, will I be arrested?' They pull up to a scene and another officer has done something that they don't know, it may be illegal, will they be arrested for it?
View Quote

This is the predictable result of charging everyone even remotely involved in the arrest and/or transportation of Grey.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:21:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Sales are next to nothing': Merchants worry crime crisis could cast pall over Baltimore downtown

BALTIMORE –  An epidemic of murder that has gripped Baltimore in the month following the Freddie Gray riots is threatening to undo decades of rebirth in the city's popular downtown -- and in the process, wipe away tens of millions of tourist dollars.

“Sales are next to nothing,” said Kenneth Robinson, manager of the Fudgery, an iconic candy store tucked in the heart of the Inner Harbor.

Local merchants were just starting to see business bounce back after last month's riots. But a crime crisis has since gripped Baltimore, with police saying criminals have taken advantage of the situation to wreak havoc on Charm City.

View Quote
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:24:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:29:28 PM EDT
[#30]
The Western District way.

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit!
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:30:56 PM EDT
[#31]
no duty to protect
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:33:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Good, fuck them. Let them police them selves so they can hold the selves accountable...Nah, that won't happen
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:37:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

This is the predictable result of charging everyone even remotely involved in the arrest and/or transportation of Grey.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
At a City Council meeting Wednesday, Batts said officers have expressed concern they could be arrested for making mistakes. "What is happening, there is a lot of levels of confusion in the police organization. There are people who have pain, there are people who are hurt, there are people who are frustrated, there are people who are angry," Batts said. "There are people, and they've said this to me, 'If I get out of my car and make a stop for a reasonable suspicion that leads to probable cause but I make a mistake on it, will I be arrested?' They pull up to a scene and another officer has done something that they don't know, it may be illegal, will they be arrested for it?

If you look at the arrest photos, there are two bike cops and one in blues that are touching Gray. Only the bike cops were indicted.

Kharn
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:37:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Maybe they should arm themselves so the criminals aren't the only ones with the guns...
View Quote

I like the way you think...No LE around works just as well for citizens looking to clean up their neighborhood as it does for thugs. More so since the citizens are most likely to know EXACTLY who the real thugs are.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:42:11 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Makes me think that the talk about confiscation of 2A stuff is all talk.  Those in charge may want to, but the police won't act on it.  Why should any officer risk their life for an ungrateful and non-supportive politician?
View Quote

I think you've mistaken the dynamic at play here...The LE are afraid of being PROSECUTED, not of going after "the people".
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:49:20 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

They wanted less police involvement in their lives, they got it.
View Quote

FPNI

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:49:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Oh, it's going to get  a LOT better.  Fire dept and EMS will stop responding due to the risk, , electric and water crews too.  Stores will not be able to get deliveries,, public transportaion will be curtailed.   Our own version of Mogadishu is going to come come to you live.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just wait as the summer progresses. When the trials start the city is going to be a free fire zone.   The media will love it.

The media loves what is going on right now.

Oh, it's going to get  a LOT better.  Fire dept and EMS will stop responding due to the risk, , electric and water crews too.  Stores will not be able to get deliveries,, public transportaion will be curtailed.   Our own version of Mogadishu is going to come come to you live.  

Simon Phoenix is that you ?? LOL.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:56:38 PM EDT
[#38]
Lol.  I'd be at the station playing Xbox too.  

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 11:04:12 PM EDT
[#39]

I was under the impression all 6 were indicted by their shame grand jury?
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 11:12:04 PM EDT
[#40]
[Double tap.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 11:12:54 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

The Light St. pavilion at Harborplace has been a morgue for years.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sales are next to nothing': Merchants worry crime crisis could cast pall over Baltimore downtown

BALTIMORE –  An epidemic of murder that has gripped Baltimore in the month following the Freddie Gray riots is threatening to undo decades of rebirth in the city's popular downtown -- and in the process, wipe away tens of millions of tourist dollars.

“Sales are next to nothing,” said Kenneth Robinson, manager of the Fudgery, an iconic candy store tucked in the heart of the Inner Harbor.

Local merchants were just starting to see business bounce back after last month's riots. But a crime crisis has since gripped Baltimore, with police saying criminals have taken advantage of the situation to wreak havoc on Charm City.

The Light St. pavilion at Harborplace has been a morgue for years.

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 11:25:28 PM EDT
[#42]
Police.... The most needed, yet unwanted group of people ever. I also find it funny that the same people who despise the police are always the first to call when something happens.

I can't say I blame the police for being not being proactive and patrolling the streets. Sure call them and they will come. There is a burglary trend in a certain area.....
Well, no we can't step up patrols there! Your mayor and solicitor considers patrolling 'oppression' so good luck call using something happens.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 11:45:18 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

this...fuck em
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 11:46:21 PM EDT
[#44]
Now FBHO has justification for installing a federal police force. First Baltimore, then Ferguson...
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 11:47:25 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

A lot of the "they" who were on TV rioting were people paid to be there who don't live there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A lot of the "they" who were on TV rioting were people paid to be there who don't live there.

I didn't see any counter protests, you know  by those concerned local residents who wanted police...did you?
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 11:52:37 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

If you come to New Orleans, I'll show you around.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your first and second sentences are completely incongruous.  

If you come to New Orleans, I'll show you around.

potato supersedes rockets, but only on Tuesdays. Tonka trucks cause cancer.
see I can string stupid shit together too.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 11:59:00 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Clueless.

Just like the Armed Forces, to get LE agencies to knuckle under & bow down to the national leadership...one more threat to the national agenda removed.  It's all part of the strategy.

Link Posted: 5/29/2015 12:04:21 AM EDT
[#48]

I feel bad for the Baltimore cops; they're going to be blamed regardless of any outcome, as is happening now.  Blamed for causing this mess, blamed for allowing it to continue, and so on.  It's Lose-Lose for them, doesn't matter what they do.

Even if they start video-recording every instance where they are immediately surrounded by locals & their safety threatened, the officers will still be blamed and assumed in the wrong.

I hope the FOP & other organizations are working overtime to help in the defense of the 6 indicted officers, as well as dig up dirt on the mayor & so-called state's attorney mosby (non-caps intentional).  I'd love to see those two crooks end up in handcuffs & charged with corruption & anything else that can be found.

But it's pretty obvious that what has happened since the riots started is pretty much as the new national AG loretta lynch wanted it to play out....

Link Posted: 5/29/2015 12:09:25 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Smile and wave boys... smile and wave...
View Quote

Fuck yeah.

Looks like racist cops are being racist by leaving black folks alone though. Maybe ED209 is what Baltimore needs.

Link Posted: 5/29/2015 12:10:35 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

this...fuck em
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

this...fuck em

+1 Their Karma ran over their Dogma.
Page / 19
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top