Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 19
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 4:32:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Oh well. We've seen it with people wanting to transfer from stores down there to stores in a more friendly area.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 4:34:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Maybe the residents of Baltimore should demand more aggressive policing.
View Quote

When the zoo keepers get ran out of the zoo, calamity ensues....
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 4:35:42 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

They wanted less police involvement in their lives, they got it.
View Quote
Didn't have to go further than the first post.

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 4:36:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Okay, fine I'm a loon.  

"Big fed raid" aside, I don't think there are many departments in the US that could operate without the resource assistance and exemptions from federal law (i.e. NFA/GCA) given by the feds.  I'm sure there are some.

Again, after 9/11, the feds completely took over (and goat-fucked) the entire airport security industry in less than a year.  To think that given the right impetus they couldn't take over a police department or two just doesn't make sense.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Look, I know that this whole evil govt thing you have going is central to your world view, but you are making yourself look like a loon.

BTW>  Feds would be a step down in pay and bennies.  Quite a bit for some of us.

Okay, fine I'm a loon.  

"Big fed raid" aside, I don't think there are many departments in the US that could operate without the resource assistance and exemptions from federal law (i.e. NFA/GCA) given by the feds.  I'm sure there are some.

Again, after 9/11, the feds completely took over (and goat-fucked) the entire airport security industry in less than a year.  To think that given the right impetus they couldn't take over a police department or two just doesn't make sense.

States explicitly have the rights to dictate police and fire. . . just how it works.

And I'm guessing if the states started to pay a fraction of what they provide to the feds (some of them not all) they'd have ample monies left over to provide their police with funding.

The feds won't be having a hostile takeover of local police departments.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 4:37:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

WTF
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am a realist, and I am extremely clear eyed. Never in my life have I expected the cops to do anything but extort and threaten me and mine. It beggars belief that anyone, no matter how naive or demented, could expect otherwise.

WTF

yea I'll double that one.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 4:38:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

States explicitly have the rights to dictate police and fire. . . just how it works.

View Quote

States explicitly have all sorts of rights that the feds have already taken away....
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 4:39:26 PM EDT
[#7]

I know that I say it often but I believe in my heart that there is a war brewing!  I have never seen it this bad in my 15 years of working in the inner-city.  

View Quote

That is a bit worrisome.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 4:40:01 PM EDT
[#8]
They wanted less police....now they got it. Fuck them.

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 4:41:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

That is a bit worrisome.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I know that I say it often but I believe in my heart that there is a war brewing!  I have never seen it this bad in my 15 years of working in the inner-city.  

That is a bit worrisome.

Nah. It can be used to water the tree of liberty, but I have a feeling many will want to use the water on the tree of tyranny instead.  

Oh well.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 4:44:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Do police really prevent crime? Or are they there just to arrest the wrongdoer's?
View Quote

Can't measure a negative.  Did a cop that happened to stop at a 7-11 unwittingly stop
what was about to be a robbery in progress?  A cop patrolling a neighborhood foiling a
burglary he never knew was just about to occur?
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 5:16:17 PM EDT
[#11]
I know that I say it often but I believe in my heart that there is a war brewing!
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 5:16:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The feds can't shut down local LE. The feds have no constitutional authority to enforce state law. Where they have any authority to enforce state law, it is created and can be eliminated by state law. There are no federal laws covering most street crime (most robberies, rapes, murders, DUIs, vehicular homicides, burglaries, thefts, et c. et c.) If by some wizardry the feds managed to shut down a local LEA, LE authority would devolve to the state police, National Guard, and militia.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Feds can pretty much de facto shut down any agency they want.  If they can shut it down, they could take it over.  Sure a lot of cops would jump ship, but what would the feds care?  Plenty of people waiting to take those jobs, and if some people get hurt and shit gets burned down in the process, that's just going to make people want cops that much more.  

The feds can't shut down local LE. The feds have no constitutional authority to enforce state law. Where they have any authority to enforce state law, it is created and can be eliminated by state law. There are no federal laws covering most street crime (most robberies, rapes, murders, DUIs, vehicular homicides, burglaries, thefts, et c. et c.) If by some wizardry the feds managed to shut down a local LEA, LE authority would devolve to the state police, National Guard, and militia.

You really think that our illustrious leader really cares what he can or can not do legally or illegally, Constitutionally or unConstitutionally? Do you really think Lynch cares about such things? the democrat party cares? or any of the assholes that vote for Zero and his minions?
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 5:19:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

You really think that our illustrious leader really cares what he can or can not do legally or illegally, Constitutionally or unConstitutionally? Do you really think Lynch cares about such things? the democrat party cares? or any of the assholes that vote for Zero and his minions?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Feds can pretty much de facto shut down any agency they want.  If they can shut it down, they could take it over.  Sure a lot of cops would jump ship, but what would the feds care?  Plenty of people waiting to take those jobs, and if some people get hurt and shit gets burned down in the process, that's just going to make people want cops that much more.  

How exactly is he going to do it?  Magic wand?  Genie in a  bottle?
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 5:20:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Meh, they were not careful what they wished for.

Instead of their wishes just getting them one hand full of shit they got both hands full and a bucket over their heads to boot.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 5:21:28 PM EDT
[#15]

Local, county, and state agencies are empowered by the state and the people of that state. I don't think "shutting them down" will be that easy.

The Feds would care because they don't have the manpower to take over every agency in the USA nor do they have the resources to run one let alone hire people to do it. Do you realize how much it would take to hire?

There are approx 700,000 local (state level or below) LEO in the USA. There are approx 100,000 Feds. How can the smaller group take over the bigger? It would spread things out too much
View Quote

Something tells me he'd try really, really hard to alleviate that problem.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 5:21:58 PM EDT
[#16]
It's like hearing the Texans talk about the rain.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 5:22:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Okay, fine I'm a loon.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Look, I know that this whole evil govt thing you have going is central to your world view, but you are making yourself look like a loon.

BTW>  Feds would be a step down in pay and bennies.  Quite a bit for some of us.

Okay, fine I'm a loon.  

Take it over and do what with it?  You will not be seeing feds in patrol cars.  As for fed money, you would be amazed how little there is.  Everyone would survive just fine without it.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 5:26:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're right stuff like that will never be attempted by this administration.
http://www.rollcall.com/news/Obama-issues-DREAM-order-215406-1.html
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 5:29:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Take it over and do what with it?  You will not be seeing feds in patrol cars.  As for fed money, you would be amazed how little there is.  Everyone would survive just fine without it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Okay, fine I'm a loon.  

I could see them trying to make all command positions Fed LEOs (or more likely Fed lawyers - who better to second guess the guys on the street than someone who has never had to do the job they're supervising).
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 5:30:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 5:38:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 5:39:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I feel sorry for any folks living there who weren't protesting, and did appreciate the role of the police. But those are the only people I feel sorry for.

I feel bad for all 3 of them too.

Yeah, I didn't want to assume any quantity of people who appreciate the police. I do assume that someone in Baltimore does. And for them, I feel sympathy.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 5:40:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 5:41:50 PM EDT
[#24]

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 5:42:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Hell, yea lets get this shit going all the police should quit working.

6 months of total fucking anarchy would do america some good, would be a hell of a lot less useless fucks that cant take care of themselves.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 5:43:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

They are also a deterrent.  How many law abiding people would commit crimes if there wasn't any threat of punishment?  Consequences for their actions.

Yes there are people who are not deterred by consequences but most people are.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do police really prevent crime? Or are they there just to arrest the wrongdoer's?

Prevent?  Rarely, sometimes, but rarely.  

But they DO prevent the next crime that arrested "poor misunderstood" person would have committed...wait...police actually do something productive?  No way.

They are also a deterrent.  How many law abiding people would commit crimes if there wasn't any threat of punishment?  Consequences for their actions.

Yes there are people who are not deterred by consequences but most people are.

This truly depends, how likely someone is to get killed has A LOT to do with how likely they are to do that crime.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 5:44:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

What laws are they going to enforce if there ends up being a National Police Force?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What laws are they going to enforce if there ends up being a National Police Force?

presidential edicts.............presidential executive orders.............
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 5:45:14 PM EDT
[#28]
They should feel abandoned by the Mayor, not the cops.

Cops are just doing what the mayor wants, which is nothing.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 5:47:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I could see them trying to make all command positions Fed LEOs (or more likely Fed lawyers - who better to second guess the guys on the street than someone who has never had to do the job they're supervising).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Okay, fine I'm a loon.  

Not legal under state law  or federal for that matter.

I see  another poster is well into Alcoa territory,  don't go there too.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 5:47:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
They should feel abandoned by the Mayor, not the cops.

Cops are just doing what the mayor wants, which is nothing.
View Quote

the cops are covering their asses, which amounts to the same thing, really how can anyone blame them?
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 5:48:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Okay, fine I'm a loon.  

How would that be a problem for a bunch of community organizers? Not saying they'd be successful, just that they'd probably try.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 5:49:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which are completely illegal and unenforcable.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 5:52:50 PM EDT
[#33]

Which are completely illegal and unenforcable.
View Quote
Yeah, you're right..........

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 5:57:34 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
At 52, the two bad cops I've encountered were in Ensenada and Mexico City.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I am a realist, and I am extremely clear eyed. Never in my life have I expected the cops to do anything but extort and threaten me and mine. It beggars belief that anyone, no matter how naive or demented, could expect otherwise.

Dont be a criminal shithead and they generally leave you alone.

That's been my experience as well, I'm 42 and have never had a bad interaction with a cop in an official capacity. Now sure, I've had a couple my wallet didn't like, but those were speeding tickets and the blame for both was totally on me and not the officer writing them.

At 52, the two bad cops I've encountered were in Ensenada and Mexico City.

Well Mexican Police are gonna do Mexican Police sort of things, so that doesn't come as a real shock. I lived 12 miles from the Mexican border in AZ for a while and had no desire whatsoever to go further south than Douglas.

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 6:01:30 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I agree but most did not stand up and state that fact at the time.

Many (at least in my inner-city) are still spouting the stupid lines (Black lives matter and Hand's up, Don't shoot).  I heard it quite a few times  this last Sunday from members (not just teens but even from adults that have been with me for 3-4 years) on my congregation.

All they talked about on the van ride into church was Ferguson (Black lives matter and Hand's up, Don't shoot), Baltimore, Cleveland and the 4 (Business man, wife , son and house keeper) killed  (in their words) "the white dude messed up, he was doing a drug deal that went really wrong and he got his family killed".  And this is what my people were willing to talk about and share publicly (some-what guarded) in front of me.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
They wanted less police involvement in their lives, they got it.

A lot of the "they" who were on TV rioting were people paid to be there who don't live there.

I agree but most did not stand up and state that fact at the time.

Many (at least in my inner-city) are still spouting the stupid lines (Black lives matter and Hand's up, Don't shoot).  I heard it quite a few times  this last Sunday from members (not just teens but even from adults that have been with me for 3-4 years) on my congregation.

All they talked about on the van ride into church was Ferguson (Black lives matter and Hand's up, Don't shoot), Baltimore, Cleveland and the 4 (Business man, wife , son and house keeper) killed  (in their words) "the white dude messed up, he was doing a drug deal that went really wrong and he got his family killed".  And this is what my people were willing to talk about and share publicly (some-what guarded) in front of me.  

Dude it's done brewing, it's ready to drink.  Check the local news, Bon W crime is very high and nothing said about it or done about it.  The kettle is boiling over.  The good people of your congregation
continue to repeat and believe the crap they are sold and will end up being victims of their own ignorance.  Good Luck to you and God bless you!  I would be un-assing that AO immediately.
Protect yourself and your family and scoot out of there as soon as possible.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 6:05:21 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 6:05:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ask all those retards who would have been slaughtered at the Muhammad drawing contest a couple of weeks ago in TX.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 6:13:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
The mayor doesn't like questions about it, that's rude and stuff

http://youtu.be/HHce3PYELOs    
View Quote

Stop X'ing tough questions, yo!
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 6:19:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Quoted:

View Quote

Ask all those retards who would have been slaughtered at the Muhammad drawing contest a couple of weeks ago in TX.
View Quote

Why are those people are "retards," Goober?
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 6:21:00 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A technicality, they didn't prevent the commission of a crime they simply provided an abrupt violent halt to its continuance.

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 6:26:32 PM EDT
[#41]

No really...

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 6:26:50 PM EDT
[#42]
if they are terrified they can start by recalling the Mayor.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 6:28:51 PM EDT
[#43]
Over-policing?  The area was crime-ridden before the riots right?  So really, they didn't have enough policing, and not enough lawful gun owners, and too many thugs.  The citizens can't seem to admit that it is a disfunctional culture of failure and thuggery.  "Over-policing" is probably closer to meaning they wanted to get away with their own crimes, and wanted the police to look the other way for anything short of murder.  Any actual arrests and things are considered "over-policing" because criminals want NO policing.  The citizens seemed to side with the criminals and if they support crime it only makes sense that they would experience the consequences.  This is exactly the policing they wanted - none.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 6:31:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Lol
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 6:31:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

And I'm guessing [b]if the states started to pay a fraction of what they provide to the feds (some of them not all) they'd have ample monies left over to provide their police with funding.

The feds won't be having a hostile takeover of local police departments.[/b[  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Okay, fine I'm a loon.  

And I'm guessing [b]if the states started to pay a fraction of what they provide to the feds (some of them not all) they'd have ample monies left over to provide their police with funding.

The feds won't be having a hostile takeover of local police departments.[/b[  

THIS.

The Feds take over easily by threatening legal actions plus funding cutoff and the local governments fold.  Already happened in almost 3 dozen cities since Zero took over.  DOJ threatens, then offers a deal where DOJ takes over leadership in the PD and the city signs the consent decree that gives up local control to the Feds.  Cleveland is the most recent example, following Ferguson and St Louis, and Baltimore will be the next.

It won't be a police chief appointed by DC to run the department.  It will be someone like a KGB political officer who monitors the department to ensure policies comply with federal edict and to keep track on the loyalties of higher level department personnel.  And as time goes on the loyalty of anyone who advances in the department will be tied to their support of the regime.

Think of how the military's senior officers corps is so highly politicized with administration bootlickers and figure that the nations' police forces are in danger of going the same way.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 6:34:07 PM EDT
[#46]
Leave the people to their own vices. What else do they want?
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 6:37:21 PM EDT
[#47]
So when does Baltimore become Bartertown?
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 6:38:56 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
"You don't need a gun to protect you, that is why we have the police." - a common refrain from the gun-grabbers.

Now they have neither. How is that Liberal-Progressive government working out for you Baltimore?
View Quote

Sounds like they have plenty of guns.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 6:46:04 PM EDT
[#49]
Taking over every urban police department in the country wouldn't be a ripple in the pond compared to what they've done to the health care industry....
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 6:49:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Over-policing?  The area was crime-ridden before the riots right?  So really, they didn't have enough policing, and not enough lawful gun owners, and too many thugs.  The citizens can't seem to admit that it is a disfunctional culture of failure and thuggery.  "Over-policing" is probably closer to meaning they wanted to get away with their own crimes, and wanted the police to look the other way for anything short of murder.  Any actual arrests and things are considered "over-policing" because criminals want NO policing.  The citizens seemed to side with the criminals and if they support crime it only makes sense that they would experience the consequences.  This is exactly the policing they wanted - none.
View Quote

This is true. And it's gonna spread.
Page / 19
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top