Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:05:42 AM EDT
[#1]
I haven't ate there in quite a while. I drove by one Tuesday and seen the arch. I instantly got hungery and wanted something from there. I didn't stop and a few minutes later I was fine.

Funny how a place can have that effect on a person.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:09:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

bitch that's the tubby custard machine
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:12:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Ban microwaves
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:13:19 AM EDT
[#4]
The last time I went to one, over a year ago, the GF's burger (one of the "fancy" quarter pounders) was completely raw in the middle. When she went to complain they didn't care and only refunded her for the sandwich not the whole value meal. I'm done with their shitty food.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:13:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'm still not eating there.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:14:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Until they go back to using the original French fry grease, they will never be he McDonald's of yore!
View Quote

No kidding.

More than five minutes out of the fryer they are disgusting. Worst in the industry hands down.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:21:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
http://www.gifbin.com/bin/082010/1281546427_mcdonalds-rampage.gif

"DON'T MAKE ME ASSUME MY ULTIMATE FORM!!!....RAWR!!!..."
View Quote

"Don't tell me shit! Unless you're speaking  McNuggets into my hand, I don't want to hear it!"
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:29:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Micky d's has 4 things going for it , jalapeño double, ice dream ,egg mc muffin, yogurt. All are very good for the price.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:29:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

You know that girl behind the counter?

Ya. Not a girl.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
damn this place has been obsessed with mcdonalds lately...

You know that girl behind the counter?

Ya. Not a girl.

I worked with one at a Taco Bell while I was in high school.

Steve Urkel makes a terrible lady.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:31:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
McDonalds "bread" is actually classified *cake* by the USDA and FDA.
View Quote

No shit?  I knew the put ridiculous amounts of sugar in their bread, but wow.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:34:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'm having a snack and reading GD in a McDonalds right now.  I don't understand the hate,$3€ for a Coke,fries and cheeseburger of consistent known quality isn't a bad thing.When I want a GOOD burger,I'll get one;when I want to spend pocket change for a snack I get a kebab or McDonalds or Hesburger,right now all I wanted was fries and a Coke.The snobbishness is silly.Of course eating 2 Big Macs every day is a bad idea but who really does that other than those who would otherwise be eating nothing but bags of chips?

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/mossie500/junk/AFBD9FC9-D8DA-4461-8047-CBB952660DA9.jpg
View Quote

UHIST ROOMU EESTIS

I'm pretty sure that's Enigma cipher right there.

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:35:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I'm having a snack and reading GD in a McDonalds right now.  I don't understand the hate,$3€ for a Coke,fries and cheeseburger of consistent known quality isn't a bad thing.When I want a GOOD burger,I'll get one;when I want to spend pocket change for a snack I get a kebab or McDonalds or Hesburger,right now all I wanted was fries and a Coke.The snobbishness is silly.Of course eating 2 Big Macs every day is a bad idea but who really does that other than those who would otherwise be eating nothing but bags of chips?

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/mossie500/junk/AFBD9FC9-D8DA-4461-8047-CBB952660DA9.jpg
View Quote

I know its a common food where you live, but we don't have nearly as much kebab out here.

There's two'ish places, and one of them is Greek.

The only McDonald's items that I eat are either McDoubles, or Chicken Nuggets, because if wanted to spend any more than that, I would go and get a real burger from the Culver's that's nearby.

Edit: Unrealted, but why in the blue fuck does Culver's not sell poutine? They're from Wisconsin, and they have all of the ingredients already on the menu, why can't they toss them all into one of those cardboard boats and sell it for a few bucks?
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:35:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Only for breakfast.  I don't care if Mila Kunis starts selling burgers out of the window.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:43:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:44:36 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:45:16 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

They serve fries in the morning?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They serve fries in the morning?

Estonia is 7-10 hours ahead of CONUS.

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:47:03 AM EDT
[#17]

They couldn't make them any worse.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:47:41 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
If they want to get my business, they need to start frying the pies again.  
View Quote

They just brought fried pies back at my nearest restaurant. No more going to Krystal.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:53:33 AM EDT
[#19]
You should have to run 3 miles miles without stopping before you are allowed to eat that slop. It should also come with Lipitor right in the condiments. Might as well come with a couch and a pack of smokes....
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:53:51 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
No matter how they change the process of cooking the burger... having the price double for the $15.00 an hour wage will turn me away.

I do love their coffee... but if it sell for the price expected at Starbucks... I'll stay home for coffee.
View Quote

They (McD Corp) are advancing on going to automated ordering Kiosks in their restaurants. I'm working on a related project - lots of tech, designed to make it seem more like a fast casual restaurant - rather than just the place you go for the dollar menu & Happy Meals.

It's going to be pitched as a way to customize your food - but the writing is on the wall. They are looking at ways to cut some unskilled labor.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:56:14 AM EDT
[#21]
It sounds like McDonalds is very desperate to not go tits-up so they're changing all sorts of things.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:02:15 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Nope.

There's nothing extraordinary about they way they're cooked.

The patties - frozen rock-hard - are placed on a flat steel grill.

A burger timer is started.

Temperature of the grill is closely monitored.

The patties sear on the grill until the timer tells the "chef" to flip 'em.

Then they cook on the grill some more until the timer tells the "chef" to remove them.

IIRC, it takes several minutes to turn a hockey puck of frozen hamburger into a fully-cooked patty.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dont their patties go from raw to cooked in about 5 seconds?

Nope.

There's nothing extraordinary about they way they're cooked.

The patties - frozen rock-hard - are placed on a flat steel grill.

A burger timer is started.

Temperature of the grill is closely monitored.

The patties sear on the grill until the timer tells the "chef" to flip 'em.

Then they cook on the grill some more until the timer tells the "chef" to remove them.

IIRC, it takes several minutes to turn a hockey puck of frozen hamburger into a fully-cooked patty.

Is there any McD's still using open grills? 99.9% of the ones I've seen have been using the clamshell for eons. It's flat steel, with a closable lid that is also heated (and covered with a replaceable teflon cover.) You set the time, temp & height - then all you do is place the patties, close the lid & wait. When the lid comes up, you season the patties, then toss them in a plastic tray that goes into a holding bin. Burgers are "prepared" to order - they toast the bun, nuke the meat & slap that thing together.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:11:09 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
The last time I went to one, over a year ago, the GF's burger (one of the "fancy" quarter pounders) was completely raw in the middle. When she went to complain they didn't care and only refunded her for the sandwich not the whole value meal. I'm done with their shitty food.
View Quote

McDonalds is not a charity.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:58:35 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I guess I should have added all of her meal went into the trash after she bit into her nasty burger as it ruined her appetite. If any restaurant fucks up my meal to the point where I can't eat their food and still expects me to pay for what they brought out I'll never darken their door again. It's exactly the opposite of what you need to do to ensure customer loyalty. I'd imagine if that happened at a Chik-fil-a they would have either refunded both of our meals or given us vouchers for the next one if not both. Not giving a fuck if you serve shitty if not possibly dangerously undercooked food isn't a winning strategy.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 11:07:06 AM EDT
[#25]
McDonalds needs to realize what they are - quick and easy food.

If I am in a rush to get somewhere and I haven't eaten, McD is a "known decent" (trying to be nice) burger and uh "fries"

If I am going out to get lunch at work, I'll take a 5 guys, Shake Shack, small restaurant burger over them every single day of the week.

They simply can't compete with good food at their rising prices.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 11:10:44 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
poop thread
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 11:14:44 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Toasting the bun won't make the turd taste any better..........
View Quote

You eat pieces of shit for breakfast?
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 11:16:14 AM EDT
[#28]
Interesting.

I eat it every now and then
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 11:26:12 AM EDT
[#29]
Go back to the 10-1 grill....
I could make that shit tasty back in the mid 80's when we were cooks. And high as a MF'r!!
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 11:28:50 AM EDT
[#30]
Burger King is better yet still expensive

Here is my issue, I can go to a sit down restaurant pay about the same for a similar meal and have better quality out of it.

Fast food use to be cheap food now its not even that. They need to cut the cost down on it to be even worth it.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 11:38:01 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

I and others here old enough to know have complained that the McDs of today is not the McDs of yore.   It appears they might be listening after 25 years.

McDonald’s is tinkering with how it cooks its burgers, with the aim of winning back customers. McDonald’s said it would toast its hamburger buns longer so sandwiches would be warmer, and change the way it sears and grills its beef so that the patties are juicier. "It’s these little things that add up to big differences for our customers,” the chief executive, Steve Easterbrook, said at the Bernstein Strategic Decisions Conference in New York. Mr. Easterbrook, who stepped into his role March 1, said the changes were part of the company’s recommitment to "tastier food across the menu.” He also said the company would, as many of its rivals have, stop reporting monthly sales.
View Quote
NYTimes

I am cautiously optimistic.
View Quote

I'll bet this "change" means using frozen hamburger patties.  Much cheaper to cook it in a factory.  

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 11:39:41 AM EDT
[#32]
I've started hitting other fast food restaurants like Chili's and Appleby's carry out instead of drive throughs like Mickey Dee's and Booger Fling.

Same price, little bit better food.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 11:46:53 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Mcdonald's hate always makes me laugh.
View Quote

I don't hate them, I just don't understand why anyone would eat there when Wendy's is the same price for the most part, but the product (at least the burgers) aren't even in the same league.  

A junior cheeseburger deluxe, for instance, is so much better than a McDouble that I just don't understand how the McDonald's burgers have been able to retain popularity.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 11:46:55 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I guess I should have added all of her meal went into the trash after she bit into her nasty burger as it ruined her appetite. If any restaurant fucks up my meal to the point where I can't eat their food and still expects me to pay for what they brought out I'll never darken their door again. It's exactly the opposite of what you need to do to ensure customer loyalty. I'd imagine if that happened at a Chik-fil-a they would have either refunded both of our meals or given us vouchers for the next one if not both. Not giving a fuck if you serve shitty if not possibly dangerously undercooked food isn't a winning strategy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If the refund was that important, she should have taken the meal back up to the counter, and explained why each item was unsatisfactory.     Maybe throw a few window flies into the Coke, and a couple pubes into the Fries.    She would have gotten a full refund, I guarantee.    

A lot of people take the "Customer is always right" motto to the extreme.    Being a consumer does not entitle you to Special Snowflake status.    

Fwiw, I'm not defending the Racist McDees.   I'm defending common sense and morality.  
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 11:49:44 AM EDT
[#35]
Who the hell still eats at McDonalds.

Other than breakfast, when you're on a long road trip, their menu is crap.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 11:51:19 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

You must like shitting liquid.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ever since Taco Bell came out with breakfast, I have zero reason to ever go to another McDonalds.

You must like shitting liquid.

I'm sorry you have such a delicate constitution, snowflake
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:00:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

If the refund was that important, she should have taken the meal back up to the counter, and explained why each item was unsatisfactory.     Maybe throw a few window flies into the Coke, and a couple pubes into the Fries.    She would have gotten a full refund, I guarantee.    

A lot of people take the "Customer is always right" motto to the extreme.    Being a consumer does not entitle you to Special Snowflake status.    

Fwiw, I'm not defending the Racist McDees.   I'm defending common sense and morality.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol, so expecting decent service makes me a "special snowflake"? I never said what she brought up, in fact it was her whole tray which she threw out in front of them. You should try running a restaurant with that attitude, it'll get you far with your customers. What does morality have to do with this?
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:14:40 PM EDT
[#38]
I'll admit it, came home from surgery yesterday and had the wife get me one of those big mac boxed meals. I ate the whole damn thing. 2 big macs, 2 cheese burgers, 2 fries, nuggets.. I'm not a mcd's eater, but I was hungry having not eaten for more than 18 hours previously and I wanted to get home before the pain kicked in, so mcd's was quick.  It was disgusting but I still ate it.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:21:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

They (McD Corp) are advancing on going to automated ordering Kiosks in their restaurants. I'm working on a related project - lots of tech, designed to make it seem more like a fast casual restaurant - rather than just the place you go for the dollar menu & Happy Meals.

It's going to be pitched as a way to customize your food - but the writing is on the wall. They are looking at ways to cut some unskilled labor.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No matter how they change the process of cooking the burger... having the price double for the $15.00 an hour wage will turn me away.

I do love their coffee... but if it sell for the price expected at Starbucks... I'll stay home for coffee.

Wait till the machines start demanding $15.00 an hour too.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:25:02 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Taco Bell breakfast sounds painful on the ass.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Ever since Taco Bell came out with breakfast, I have zero reason to ever go to another McDonalds.

Taco Bell breakfast sounds painful on the ass.
Your doing it wrong, the food goes in your mouth.

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:25:26 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:29:03 PM EDT
[#42]
I've realized that a large portion of GD needs to see a Gastroenterologist, immediately.

We can't have a single food thread without 2-10 people complaining of digestive problems.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:30:05 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Lol, so expecting decent service makes me a "special snowflake"? I never said what she brought up, in fact it was her whole tray which she threw out in front of them. You should try running a restaurant with that attitude, it'll get you far with your customers. What does morality have to do with this?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't work customer service, I work with machines.   This is by design, because I don't like dealing with emotional outbursts.  

The Morality part, is about expecting something for nothing.    One undercooked burger, and you expect Two free meals.    Put the FSA entitlement aside for a moment, and answer truthfully and logically:  Were the other purchased items unserviceable?     Yes, or No?       If they were unservicable, she could have returned them for refund.    

If you buy a Pressure Washer at Walmart, can you throw it in the trash and demand a refund?     Of course not.
You can't even do this at Costco, and they are noted for customer service.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:40:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I'm still not eating there.
View Quote

FPNI.

I have too much self respect to treat my body so poorly as to put that low-grade fuel in my tank. It's difficult to perform at my best if I'm supplying myself with poor nutrition and toxic food sources. There are higher quality options available for less money. YMMV.

Cheers!

-JC
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:42:58 PM EDT
[#45]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wait till the machines start demanding $15.00 an hour too.

Needs a McDonalds visor on it.

http://cdn.bearingarms.com/uploads/2014/10/the-terminator-3-rise-of-the-machines-wallpaper.jpg

I wish Point of Sale tech was that interesting... I had to go look at the pdf I've got - I don't have a picture handy of the kiosks - but they are calling it "Create Your Taste". I believe it's already in some test market locations (San Diego ?)
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 1:06:18 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I don't work customer service, I work with machines.   This is by design, because I don't like dealing with emotional outbursts.  

The Morality part, is about expecting something for nothing.    One undercooked burger, and you expect Two free meals.    Put the FSA entitlement aside for a moment, and answer truthfully and logically:  Were the other purchased items unserviceable?     Yes, or No?       If they were unservicable, she could have returned them for refund.    

If you buy a Pressure Washer at Walmart, can you throw it in the trash and demand a refund?     Of course not.
View Quote

In food service if you provided inedible food that ruins the experience of the purchaser it's customary to try and make them happy it's a far cry from an overly demanding customer. It's one thing if you provide a steak that's a shade too cooked and demanding a refund it's a whole other thing when the food is inedible. There were no demands made only the expectation of decent service, when that wasn't rendered we chose to not dine with them again there's no moral or FSA attitude associated with my opinion they received payment in full for everything other than the burger and we took our business elsewhere and made no scene. Your analogy doesn't apply in any way, durable good's don't equate with consumables especially if they haven't been consumed. There was no emotional outburst, you are drawing conclusions with a specious assumption.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 1:07:10 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I'll admit it, came home from surgery yesterday and had the wife get me one of those big mac boxed meals. I ate the whole damn thing. 2 big macs, 2 cheese burgers, 2 fries, nuggets.. I'm not a mcd's eater, but I was hungry having not eaten for more than 18 hours previously and I wanted to get home before the pain kicked in, so mcd's was quick.  It was disgusting but I still ate it.
View Quote

I'm not a regular McDonalds patron but...I was on a camping trip about 15 years ago where it rained heavy all weekend. The grill crapped out and everything was too damp to get a fire going, so we ate bologna, cold hot dogs and soggy potato chips for 3 days. The rainfall was not predicted to that degree, so we were totally unprepared. Looking back, we should have packed up and left the first day and I'm not sure why we stayed.

We stopped at the first McDonalds we came across on the way home and I ordered two large size Big Mac meals just for myself. Honestly, it was one of the better meals I've ate in all my life. I can still vividly remember that first bite...it was like someone turned on a color machine in a B&W world.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 1:15:01 PM EDT
[#48]
I love the mcdonalds snobbery that goes on every time one of these threads pops up here.. knowing damn well almost everyone here is an overweight fat fuck who eats everything in sight (me included)
yet they have "discerning palates" that are too good for mcd's, but in n out.. now THAT's a real burger joint.
Puhleeze.
Fast food is not meant to be fine dining, if you compare it to that you're doing it wrong.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 1:18:02 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Traditionally when a restaurant screws something up taste or preparation wise, they comp part of the meal or throw in a free desert. In cases with undercooked or rotten food (health dangers) an entirely new meal is brought out and fully comped. Sometimes free drinks are thrown in as well at swanky joints.

If her food was indeed undercooked, I think a couple of free meal coupons were in order.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 1:19:34 PM EDT
[#50]
First post. McD's is garbage.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top