BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:17:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

They will do liability without an auto. If you want full coverage you need auto.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have an BMW S1000RR I pay $79 per month full coverage and I have a SV650 I pay $11 full coverage though State Farm.  I had my CBR stolen last year so that increased my rates just a bit.  State Farm will not write a policy with out an Auto on the policy.  

Good driving record.

They will do liability without an auto. If you want full coverage you need auto.

I have full coverage on my bike, and it's the only thing I have insured through State Farm.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:23:00 AM EDT
[#2]
2011 zx6r State Farm $92 month riding season and $12 month during winter. This is full coverage by the way.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:31:38 AM EDT
[#3]
$690/ year full coverage on an 08 FZ1 through progressive. 26 years old, had my M endorsement for 3 years.

It would be cheaper but I have some tickets from when I was younger. Oh well.

For the record, I've quoted a few harleys in the past and it was a couple hundred less per year than my current bike.

ETA I quoted several insurance companies, and progressive was by far the cheapesf. Seems like in this area others bave said the same.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:34:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I have full coverage on my bike, and it's the only thing I have insured through State Farm.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have an BMW S1000RR I pay $79 per month full coverage and I have a SV650 I pay $11 full coverage though State Farm.  I had my CBR stolen last year so that increased my rates just a bit.  State Farm will not write a policy with out an Auto on the policy.  

Good driving record.

Must be the office, my age, or the state. I've asked twice about it.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:45:18 AM EDT
[#5]
2010 R6.  Before I turned 25 it was like $91 a month.  Now it is $34 a month for full coverage.
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 8:26:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Good taste in bikes!

ETA

~$500/year on 3 bikes:
78 CX500
85 CB650SC
02 CBR1100XX
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
$102/year (total) on 3 bikes.

1985 CB650SC Nighthawk
1984 VF1100S Sabre
1984 VF1100S Sabre

Liability only.

Good taste in bikes!

ETA

~$500/year on 3 bikes:
78 CX500
85 CB650SC
02 CBR1100XX

DITTO!
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 8:29:10 PM EDT
[#7]
$165 per yr full coverage R1
$75 per yr full coverage Husqvarna SMr510
$62 per yr full coverage DRZ400
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 8:35:14 PM EDT
[#8]
I pay 94.50 a year for full coverage on my Marauder.
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 8:42:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Damn. I thought my insurance was decently priced. I am 24 though. How much of a drop did you guys see when you turned 25?
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 9:09:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Insurance rates are completely determined by your location, credit score, and type of bike...

I'm sadly still in Michigan at this point, the land of some of the highest insurance rates in the country, last year at this time I had 4 motorcycles on the road, 2 HD's and 2 liter sport bikes and I was bleeding cash.  I'm 53, a credit score that's well over 800 with a paid off home and I've never filed a claim or had any tickets, I've had my motorcycle endorsement for 37 years and taken many advanced riding courses yet I was paying near 3k a year for full coverage, $744 of that to the state in fees tacked on the insurance for the privilege of simply having the bikes.  I sold the 2 sport bikes, took the '79 off the road and started a rebuild on that old ShovelHead and only have the '13 Wide Glide on the road this year, switched from Progressive to Markel and brought my rates down to $550/year for full coverage.  It was fun to have a garage full of motorcycles but the price of admission in this state is just too high...

Michigan, the land of the downwardly mobile, don't have too many nice things here, I can't wait until I'm out of this garbage hole of a state and back home in Florida...  

Typo edit...

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top