Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:51:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Never quit. Never give up. Stand united.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 1:00:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Don't cum in her hair or her eyes without written permission.  Especially the hair (why do they hate that so much?)

It's not worth the angry glare for the rest of the night
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 1:03:09 AM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

In before the don't and get a prenup crowd
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 1:09:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Eject.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 1:20:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I have no idea what advice to give a young man on how to have a successful relationship/marriage.  Get back to me if you have a daughter getting married.
View Quote

Come on Jane, that's a cop out!  You know what makes a good husband/SO.

My 3 year, almost married relationship went up in smoke at the end of last year.  I'm gonna date 20 year olds until they no longer find me attractive

But this advice thread actually seems pretty solid as far as GD marriage threads are concerned.

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 1:21:10 AM EDT
[#6]

Be silly and laugh at something together, at least once a day.  A good sense of humor, and the ability to laugh at yourself and with your partner are essential.  

Treat your partner as a partner; not as a maid, not as a sugar daddy, not as an employee, and not as a servant.  They are your equal in marriage.  

Treat your partner better than you would expect to be treated.  Marriage is about taking care of your partner.  Because if you both do that you'll both get what you need.

Don't take yourself too seriously, and don't sweat the small stuff.

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 1:21:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Bad girls are for entertainment,Marry the good ones.
If you're not real sure don't do it.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 1:22:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Never bet on black. Ever.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 1:24:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Less stressful?  Start hiding money now so that he's able to recover after the divorce
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 1:34:34 AM EDT
[#10]
"Keep your eyes wide open before marriage, and half shut afterwards."

-Ben Franklin
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 2:43:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Never miss a chance to sleep together.  I'm not talking about sex.  If you fight, nobody sleeps on the couch.  

Touch her often.

If she isn't your best friend in every sense of the word, marriage shouldn't be in the discussion.  
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:09:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have no idea what advice to give a young man on how to have a successful relationship/marriage.  Get back to me if you have a daughter getting married.

I really don't.  I generally like men and I've been happy with men as fundamentally different as chalk and cheese.  So I guess my sine qua non for an intimate partner is that he has to like women as much as I like men.  
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top