Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 6:59:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Bushnell TRS 25 or one of the latest generation of the discontinued SIG - TAC STS-081 Mini Red dot.

I've got 2 of them and they've been phenominal and true 0 parallax sights.

One is mounted on my SIG P220 Supermatch which I've fired 12,000 rounds of .45 ACP  through with the red dot on with superb results and no difficulties whatsoever.

The other is mounted on my Ruger MKlll Hunter and provides 1 1/2 inch groups offhand at 25 yards.

Amazon sells them for Osage County Guns for $119 and free shipping.

They are discontinued and almost gone.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 7:16:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Aimpoint T2 Micro
As long as we're COMPLETELY IGNORING the OP's criteria, how about a FLIR T50?  

there is always one moran who cant read. i love the sub $100 watch threads. i think he is the same moran who post rolex submariner every time.

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/483/894/463.jpg

He probably doesn't understand this meme either
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 7:19:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

The only reason I even clicked on this thread
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I though this was about something else entirely...

Same here.

Glad to see I wasn't alone with my first thought

The only reason I even clicked on this thread

We were born, born in the 50's...
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 7:27:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Aimpoint T2 Micro

there is always one moran who cant read. i love the sub $100 watch threads. i think he is the same moran who post rolex submariner every time.

To be fair it's hard to pick up on humor through the interweb, I got it at "it's your funeral"
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 7:33:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Plus, a great company to do business with.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Primary Arms offerings are great across the board.  I think even if you went with the $79 micro dot, you'd be more than pleased.  

Both true statements!  I just picked up a  primary arms 2.5 prism scope that I love. ..
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 7:34:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Same here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same here.

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 7:37:28 PM EDT
[#7]
So this isn't a thread about LSD?

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 7:59:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Aimpoint T2 Micro

i understand that just about every thread thats not in the tech forum gets junked up with posts that dont help the op what so ever. unless op is a multimillionaire an aimpoint is unwise decision just like your poor attempts at humor. i know you are butthurt that op is not buying an aimpoint for a 22 but to 99.9% of use it makes no sense. im building a 22 next and it would be nice to see what everyone recommends as a budget red dot with out reading through all your bullshit.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 8:48:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

LOL! You and me both! I think most posters are too young to know what it used to mean

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 8:51:19 PM EDT
[#10]
I flew my bicycle like a rocket once after microdots.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 8:54:11 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

View Quote

Peace...

Pot...

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 9:57:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Alright, I know what I want. Primary Arms micro dot with removable base. QD base and can co-witness bottom 1/3. Don't care about absolute co-witness. It's a 22 plinker. But I would like to be able to take it off fairly easily and quickly if my kids decide to shoot irons away from the truck. So, with the QD mount do I need a riser to co-witness and if so will a medium riser work? To be honest this think looks pretty fucking retarded sticking up in the air on a high rise mount to co-witness my buis system. Especially when I prefer to haul the thing around with the sights folded and the rifle tucked away.

TLDR; I need a QD mount and Primary Arms micro dot and which riser to semi co-witness? Which QD mount and where to get? Thanks for all the help folks(and you dope head hippy fucks too).
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 3:06:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Fuck it. I fo'ed. Got the Primary Arms micro with the detachable base and the absolute co-witness riser. Thanks for all the help and humor fellas. Matt
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 3:29:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Sad part about it? You'd shit a brick if you knew how much I had in it. I did when I added it up! I'm not gonna say either. Too embarrassing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Aimpoint T2 Micro

Spends $700 on new aimpoint puts it on a .22 did you even read the OP dude?

Sad part about it? You'd shit a brick if you knew how much I had in it. I did when I added it up! I'm not gonna say either. Too embarrassing.

How much you have in the .22? Okay now Im curious, is it a 22 AR? Did you feel it needed a match stainless bull barrel, DD Rail, Harris bipod etc?
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:17:49 AM EDT
[#15]

Back in the '60s I used to get some nice window pane.  Oh, wait, never mind.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:20:24 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not the purple micro dot I remembered from college back in the 70's
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:22:07 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Primary Arms or Bushnell TRS 25.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:32:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Alright, I know what I want. Primary Arms micro dot with removable base. QD base and can co-witness bottom 1/3. Don't care about absolute co-witness. It's a 22 plinker. But I would like to be able to take it off fairly easily and quickly if my kids decide to shoot irons away from the truck. So, with the QD mount do I need a riser to co-witness and if so will a medium riser work? To be honest this think looks pretty fucking retarded sticking up in the air on a high rise mount to co-witness my buis system. Especially when I prefer to haul the thing around with the sights folded and the rifle tucked away.

TLDR; I need a QD mount and Primary Arms micro dot and which riser to semi co-witness? Which QD mount and where to get? Thanks for all the help folks(and you dope head hippy fucks too).
View Quote

I used to feel the same way but it grows on ya.

it serves more function than just making shit line up.
you ever try mounting a low optic on an AR without a riser?
they're kinda important.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:40:31 AM EDT
[#19]
It's a 22AR. Cav Arms MKII lower from GWACS Armory, GWACS Armory sling, TACCOM 22 16" barrel, TACCOM enhanced stainless bolt system, standard AR upper with forward assist and dust cover, 12" Midwest Industries Gen II free float rail, Midwest Industries splp low pro buis, standard A2 comp, carbine buffer, standard charging handle, Blackdog Machine mags. It's basically an AR minus a gas block and tube. Change the barrel and bcg and add the appropriate gas system and make it whatever you want. I built it over about a years time and the parts added up. Suffice it to say you could probably build two cheapo 5.56 Palmetto kits today for what I have in it if that tells you anything. Stupid, I know.
I'd be glad to IM a couple of pics. I can't post pics and don't feel like messing with a photobucket or photo hosting site account.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 9:22:02 AM EDT
[#20]
OP, if you end up wanting another cheap red dot... I may have you covered.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 9:30:20 AM EDT
[#21]
PA Advanced micro dot. Easy controls, light, and 50,000 hour battery. I just got one and really like it. Much better than the older one.

I have the older micro dot too, and I don't like it as much. The big ass knob hangs out far enough to block your field of veiw. And I'm always unscrewing the battery cover trying to adjust the brightness settings. Dot isn't as sharp, and the lenses has a green tint color that bugs me.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 9:34:49 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

its your funeral
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Aimpoint T2 Micro

its your funeral
I can smell the tacti-cool through the internet.

Link Posted: 5/29/2015 9:37:58 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

I bet it was the same thing I thought...
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 9:40:44 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

1.  There are plenty of informative threads in GD
- E&E Guide
- Geothermal Heat Pumps
- Polaris Razor
- Why don't you own NV?
- 2 routers in the house with same SSID and Password?
- House building tips and tricks

2.  I own an Aimpoint Micro and a PA Micro.  There are differences, but in all seriousness, a PA Micro will be great for a .22LR Trainer.  It is what I have on mine.

3.  Maybe you should stay out of GD since you believe that "just about every thread thats not in the tech forum gets junked up with posts that dont help the op what so ever."
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 9:45:52 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Yep....

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same here.

Yep....

Not a child of the 70's , what are you guys talking about?

OP another option is the Bushnell trs-32 it's cheap on amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Bushnell-Optics-TRS-32-Riflescope-Tactical/dp/B00ABP3XNU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1432907052&sr=8-1&keywords=trs32

sometimes Palmetto will have them as cheap as $50
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 9:50:58 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The Primary Arms offerings are great across the board.  I think even if you went with the $79 micro dot, you'd be more than pleased.  

And that is an understatement!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 5/29/2015 10:01:03 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Fuck it. I fo'ed. Got the Primary Arms micro with the detachable base and the absolute co-witness riser. Thanks for all the help and humor fellas. Matt
View Quote

I bet you end up regretting it.  I bet you love the micro you bought so much you start wondering how much more you would have loved the PA advanced micro and you start kicking yourself for not spending the few extra dollars on it.  Seriously though, if inexpensive is the question, Primary Arms is the answer.  Always.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 10:43:45 AM EDT
[#28]
I can real close to getting the advanced micro but somehow convinced myself to stay with the original plan. I may end up with another. Who knows. I put two Tasco red dots on a couple of the kids 10-22's 2 years ago to start shooting Ruger steel challenge. Believe it or not they haven't been too bad for that particular application. And at about $32 apiece cheap enough. The PA advanced micros might be really nice on those rifles though. We'll see.
Anyway, I appreciate the help guys. I pretty much figured I wanted to try the Primary Arms. Y'all just convinced me. And the humor was great! Butthurt and all! No hard feelings guys. It's just a forum.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 10:46:50 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
+1 for the TRS 25.  Get a medium height UTG mount for $10 off of Amazon and you are good to go.
View Quote

This is the answer.  Get the TRS 25 from Palmetto when they go on sale for $50.  Great budget optic.

I have two AR's set up with the TRS 25 and the UTG medium mount.  They are GTG.

ETA: Never mind.  I see you've already made up your mind.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 12:54:49 PM EDT
[#30]
PA FTW!!!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top