Site Notices
Page / 11
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 7:42:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 7:42:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

did he request a court martial or take the NJP?

I guarantee you she was told she was going to CO's Mast and her dumbass barracks lawyer buddy told her to force the command to take her to a court martial, and the command then had no choice but to go forward.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
big chicken dinner fo dat, WTF

No shit. When I was stuck helping wrangle retards and fuck ups we were kicking out, we could barely get a general under other than honorable for a shit bag who popped hot, went awol. He was caught and returned to us multiple times. He went awol a total of 4 or 5 times and missed a deployment due to this bullshit and still didn't get a BCD.

I guarantee you she was told she was going to CO's Mast and her dumbass barracks lawyer buddy told her to force the command to take her to a court martial, and the command then had no choice but to go forward.

Can you even get a BCD for an Article 15?  I can't remember.  Seems to me a General under other than honorable is as low as they can go.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 7:43:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

You can find work with a BCD. Most civilians derive their knowledge of the military from TV and movies. They have no idea what BCD even means.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://i.imgur.com/y3DEvLW.jpg
Never worked with WMs but those nails look suspect.

Looks pretty fucking happy for someone who's life is ruined and can't find work.

You can find work with a BCD. Most civilians derive their knowledge of the military from TV and movies. They have no idea what BCD even means.

I'll have to disagree here, a BCD pops on a background check, depending on what it's for.  I'm not sure what her offenses would show up as.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 7:44:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

The nails are not in regulations as I understand them -- certainly would not be in the Navy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The nails are not in regulations as I understand them -- certainly would not be in the Navy.

COLORED NAIL POLISH WILL NOT BE WORN WITH THE UTILITY UNIFORM. FINGERNAILS WITH MULTIPLE COLORS AND DECORATIVE ORNAMENTATION ARE PROHIBITED
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 7:45:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Could be but that's what the military decided to hang her on, and its what will ultimately hang them.  If she was an idiot, hang her on that, but to give her a bad conduct discharge over a bible verse, yep I hope she gets paid.  

If you are going to fuck someone over, do it on merit, not a bible quote on a post it note.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think there's more to the story than simply a Bible verse not being permitted.

Could be but that's what the military decided to hang her on, and its what will ultimately hang them.  If she was an idiot, hang her on that, but to give her a bad conduct discharge over a bible verse, yep I hope she gets paid.  

If you are going to fuck someone over, do it on merit, not a bible quote on a post it note.

QFT.

I agree with the poster that says it is a cool verse for the military.

As for the others, you should read about the religious persecution during the rise of communism in Russia.  Because it started the same way, a notch here, a chip there

First no mention of religion in schools. No public display of worshop. Harassment to those coming and going to cathedrals.

Once that was perceived as normal from the younger generation it was easy to go whole hog and kill the orthodox bishops and burn the thousands of cathedrals that once dotted the Russian landscape.

But .  . . Carry on with mah rules. .

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 7:46:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Big picture:

In America, as founded, she would never have been given that "order".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is it really against the military code of conduct to have a bible verse on your computer? I thought all military issue acogs  came with a bible verse? I am not religious  but also not anti-religion and it just seems to boggle my mind that actually would rate a courts Marshall level offense

Thats not what she got busted for.  Dont get caught up on little things.

Big picture:

In America, as founded, she would never have been given that "order".

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 7:47:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

QFT.

As for the others, you should read about the religious persecution during the rise of communism in Russia.  Because it started the same way, a notch here, a chip there

First no mention of religion in schools. No public display of worshop. Harassment to those coming and going to cathedrals.

Once that was perceived as normal from the younger generation it was easy to go whole hog and kill the orthodox bishops and burn the thousands of cathedrals that once dotted the Russian landscape.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think there's more to the story than simply a Bible verse not being permitted.

QFT.

It is more than a bible verse what are you people not understanding about that? Read the court documents provided.
Also she requested the courts martial, she chose to represent herself. All of this is her fault the Marine Corps is not giving her a BCD for a Bible verse.
They are giving her a BCD because she was a massive shit bird who thought she could out smart the UCMJ and her Chain of Command.
She could have taken her NJPs, got out with an honorable discharge and gone on with her life.
She fucked herself over and now she is looking for and gaining sympathy with half truths.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 7:48:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

No.   A BCD for refusing the lawful orders of a SNCO and later a CO.  Well deserved as well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Damn, a BCD for refusing to take down a bible verse?

No.   A BCD for refusing the lawful orders of a SNCO and later a CO.  Well deserved as well.

See how easy it is.

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 7:48:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The type that I refer to are those who jump to conclusions and offer their opinions as gospel - rushing to judgement - without benefit of the actual facts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bunch of dimwits saying "We know what really happened.  We know her type."

Yeah, well, we know your type.

What's our type?

The type that I refer to are those who jump to conclusions and offer their opinions as gospel - rushing to judgement - without benefit of the actual facts.

No, actually we read the case.  We know her type because we've all had to work with them.  She played stupid games, now she gets her stupid prize.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 7:50:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Paul Clement is the attorney who argued the Hobby Lobby case before the Supreme Count and won.

But yeah, what you said.

Former U.S. solicitor general attorneys don't just take any case.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bunch of dimwits saying "We know what really happened. We know her type."

Well, I was spot on without knowing anything.

Imagine that.

A former solicitor general is taking her case... but then maybe he just likes to embarrass himself.

I wait 'til the fat lady sings, myself.

You can find someone to take ANY case....

Paul Clement is the attorney who argued the Hobby Lobby case before the Supreme Count and won.

But yeah, what you said.

Former U.S. solicitor general attorneys don't just take any case.

The former US Solicitor general is possibly going to get two of the six charges kicked.

The appellate court will then write in their opinion that the other four charges would still have resulted in a BCD and let the sentence stand, and she will be exactly where she is today, but without the religious game to play on public opinion with.

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 7:51:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

That'll happen if you act like a cantankerous bitch to NCO's and officers while refusing direct orders.  I'm 100% sure she was unrepentant to the end.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That'll happen if you act like a cantankerous bitch to NCO's and officers while refusing direct orders.  I'm 100% sure she was unrepentant to the end.

Don't care about the girl, but using cantankerous? That's awesome. I'm adding that to my lexicon.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 7:52:41 PM EDT
[#12]
I really need to get my tank and stay out of any and all military threads in GD because they are always full of civilians talking through their assholes.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 7:53:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

It wasn't on the computer in the sense of being displayed by the computer system, so there was no exploitation of government resources and intrusion into a DOD computer system to put it there.

It was on a strip of paper taped to her computer monitor.

Just like most people have a favorite Dilbert, Far Side, Garfield or Terminal Lance cartoon taped to their monitor.  Didn't hurt a thing except for obviously some NCO's butt and he went after her for it.

I wonder were all other computers within the unit inspected for such cartoons or sayings taped somewhere to the equipment and the users similarly reprimanded and told to remove the items?

Hell, we used to have chicken bones hanging over the control panel of one computer to try and keep the bitch operating.  Nobody complained about that one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You don't get to do what ever you want to do with a govt computer.
There is no freedom of religion and freedom of speech on govt computers.

She was stupid for not taking it down.
She was stupid for all the other shit it sounds like she did
She was stupid for not having an attorney represent her.  

It wasn't on the computer in the sense of being displayed by the computer system, so there was no exploitation of government resources and intrusion into a DOD computer system to put it there.

It was on a strip of paper taped to her computer monitor.

Just like most people have a favorite Dilbert, Far Side, Garfield or Terminal Lance cartoon taped to their monitor.  Didn't hurt a thing except for obviously some NCO's butt and he went after her for it.

I wonder were all other computers within the unit inspected for such cartoons or sayings taped somewhere to the equipment and the users similarly reprimanded and told to remove the items?

Hell, we used to have chicken bones hanging over the control panel of one computer to try and keep the bitch operating.  Nobody complained about that one.

As far as the animal sacrifices, the KCMX used to require those -- sometimes you just have to do what you have to do.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 7:56:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Can you even get a BCD for an Article 15?  I can't remember.  Seems to me a General under other than honorable is as low as they can go.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No shit. When I was stuck helping wrangle retards and fuck ups we were kicking out, we could barely get a general under other than honorable for a shit bag who popped hot, went awol. He was caught and returned to us multiple times. He went awol a total of 4 or 5 times and missed a deployment due to this bullshit and still didn't get a BCD.

No, you can only get a BCD at a Special CM or a GCM.  OTH can be awarded by an admin board following an Article-15, but the article-15 authority does not extend to any discharges by itself.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 7:57:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

COLORED NAIL POLISH WILL NOT BE WORN WITH THE UTILITY UNIFORM. FINGERNAILS WITH MULTIPLE COLORS AND DECORATIVE ORNAMENTATION ARE PROHIBITED

Even stricter than our regulations.  Our regulations allow for non-faddish / skin-tone nail polish as I recall.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 7:59:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
If they would have allowed that, they would have been made to allow Ahmed to display the ISIS flag on his computer, good decision, and discharge.

Monifa = Could have been 0bama's daughter.
View Quote

"We President now. I don't hafta obey orders if I don't want to."

I'm pretty sure that's how her thought process works. And when she gets home, she will tell everyone how she was persecuted for being black.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 8:02:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
It wasn't a Bible verse.  Just some text that sounded sort of like a Bible verse.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

rules are rules, but if she was a shit bird why waste time on a CM and just chapter her ass out, done and done and no messy headlines. chapter proceedings I assume are pretty easy to get rolling these days due to the draw down.

Or if they are going ahead with the CM, why even mention the Bible verse.
It wasn't a Bible verse.  Just some text that sounded sort of like a Bible verse.  

It doesn't matter if it was the fucking Magna Carta she had taped up in 3 places in her office/cubicle.  If a SNCO tells here to take that shit down, it is her job to say "yes, sir!" or "yes, ma'am!",  or "yes, sergeant!", execute a crisp about face, and get to taking that shit down.

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 8:03:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

The former US Solicitor general is possibly going to get two of the six charges kicked.

The appellate court will then write in their opinion that the other four charges would still have resulted in a BCD and let the sentence stand, and she will be exactly where she is today, but without the religious game to play on public opinion with.

View Quote

Which is why I question why they were included in the first place.

I don't think he would have signed on if they weren't included.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 8:06:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

No, you can only get a BCD at a Special CM or a GCM.  OTH can be awarded by an admin board following an Article-15, but the article-15 authority does not extend to any discharges by itself.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Right, thanks.

ETA: I recall that there is an avenue for getting a General upgraded to Honorable, also.  True?  I have to try hard not to believe that this was all part of her plan to get paid.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 8:11:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because they're valid charges.  And note that I said possibly -- there's a good possibility that's not how it's going to play out.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 8:16:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

because it goes to show a pattern of misconduct, that her little fit about wearing the proper uniform and not showing up for duty aren't the first time she fucked up
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 8:20:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 8:27:56 PM EDT
[#24]
She got what she worked hard to get. Fuck her.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 8:29:46 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Most of those lawful orders she refused were about wearing the correct uniform when ordered to (which she repeatedly refused) and showing up for duty when ordered to, which she repeatedly refused.

Those are VERY serious offenses, and had absolutely NOTHING to do with religious verses, expression, or anything else.  They had to do with her refusing to follow orders related to doing her job, and wearing the correct uniform.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

See how easy it is.

Most of those lawful orders she refused were about wearing the correct uniform when ordered to (which she repeatedly refused) and showing up for duty when ordered to, which she repeatedly refused.

Those are VERY serious offenses, and had absolutely NOTHING to do with religious verses, expression, or anything else.  They had to do with her refusing to follow orders related to doing her job, and wearing the correct uniform.

I get the feeling that the verse thing came up as part of a plan *after* the patter of misconduct had begun.

I bet there's a litany of off the books counseling.

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 8:30:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 8:30:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Lol way more to that story than the article is telling us.
I know exactly her type she was a confrontational little bitch the listened to a barracks lawyer who told her to take it to courts martial and the chain of command would drop it. Her chain of command called her bluff and made an example of her. This has nothing to do with her religion she is just trying to use that to gain sympathy.
The case against her was built up through months of misconduct.

Really just seems like lots of Christians in here are looking to be persecuted so they can bitch about something.
View Quote

This. Semper Fi and all that
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 8:32:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Article 15s are a rigmarole for all involved, and CM even more so.  Frivolous Art15s & CMs never make it past Command/JAG review without getting shut down.  Nobody has the time or desire to deal with these kinds of proceedings unless they are justified.  Once again, I can almost guarantee this has nothing to do with religious persecution.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 8:56:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 9:07:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Next Bradley Manning will claim he's only being prosecuted because he had a "Jesus wept" sign on his desk.  
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 9:40:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What's our type?

The fact was she was prosecuted and convicted.  I was not in that long, but I don't recall anyone getting an article 15 or higher that didn't do what they were charged with.  The odds were pretty good that it was a correct and justified verdict.  Honestly, I suspect they may have a better accuracy rate than the civilian side.  
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 11:48:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe her barracks lawyer was smart and didn't like her much?    We had a few people get chaptered out that really were not missed.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 11:57:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Don't care about the girl, but using cantankerous? That's awesome. I'm adding that to my lexicon.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I disagree, you have to be old, like at least 60, to qualify for cantankerous.  Below that you are just an asshole.  
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:04:34 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:06:30 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Yeah.  

Who is the manchild who was so offended by this that they demanded she remove it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
“No weapon formed against me shall prosper.”

The horror.

The horror.

Yeah.  

Who is the manchild who was so offended by this that they demanded she remove it?

Read the whole thread and the court documents.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:08:53 AM EDT
[#36]
It appears that being a special snowflake is not a career enhancing move
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:09:25 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Yeah.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The horror.

The horror.

Yeah.  

lulz
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:11:03 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:13:51 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

The fact was she was prosecuted and convicted.  I was not in that long, but I don't recall anyone getting an article 15 or higher that didn't do what they were charged with.  The odds were pretty good that it was a correct and justified verdict.  Honestly, I suspect they may have a better accuracy rate than the civilian side.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What's our type?

I don't have any real confidence whatsoever in the military justice system.  However, there's not a lot you can do when someone tells her CO to fuck off and refuses a lawful order -- none of which appears to be in dispute.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:17:20 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:19:19 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Bronchitis/aint-nobody-got-time-for-that...  how about giving me the cliff notes?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The horror.

The horror.

Yeah.  

Bronchitis/aint-nobody-got-time-for-that...  how about giving me the cliff notes?

Marine refuses lawful orders.  Marine gets in trouble.  Marines posts up "No weapon formed against me will prosper" on her PC.  SSGT tells her to take it down.  Marine refuses, puts it back after SSGT removes it.  Marine refuses to wear proper uniform.  Marine refuses to go to work on Sunday as ordered by everyone up to and including her CO, who personally orders her to go to work.

Marine probably gets referred for NJP, refuses NJP, and being a real dumbass decides to defend herself at court martial, where she is convicted and kicked out.  Then she goes on Fox news and they publish 1/4 of the story, leaving out all the pertinent details that can easily be found by googling "US v. Monifa Sterling".

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:20:19 AM EDT
[#43]

she's a fucking idiot and filed some dumbassery with an admin board that has no authority to do anything.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:20:34 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The horror.

The horror.

Yeah.  

SNM has a history of ingoring lawful orders dereliction of duty and failure to appear at here appointed place of duty.
SNM foolishly requested a trial by courts martial SNM chose to represent herself and forgo her free lawyer. SNM lost her case SNM recived a BCD.
SNM is now trying to drum up sympathy to go to court again with half truths.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:21:09 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Oh... is that what she did?  That's a special kind of stupid.

Even so... I think that particular verse is perfectly fine, and very warrior-oriented.  It's even LGBTWhatever-neutral, and pretty much non-offensive to anybody without a massive chip on their shoulder.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't have any real confidence whatsoever in the military justice system.  However, there's not a lot you can do when someone tells her CO to fuck off and refuses a lawful order -- none of which appears to be in dispute.

Even so... I think that particular verse is perfectly fine, and very warrior-oriented.  It's even LGBTWhatever-neutral, and pretty much non-offensive to anybody without a massive chip on their shoulder.

Oh no, it's worse than that.  The lawful order from her CO was to come to work on a Sunday and hand out vehicle passes, not to take the "Bible Verse" down from her PC.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:22:57 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:24:24 AM EDT
[#47]
Don't worry.  Obama will give a full presidential pardon, invite her to the White House and pin the SJW's Medal of Honor on her.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:24:55 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Sheesh.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh no, it's worse than that.  The lawful order from her CO was to come to work on a Sunday and hand out vehicle passes, not to take the "Bible Verse" down from her PC.

Sheesh.  

It's extremely obvious she was a poor excuse for a Marine who decided to try to drum up sympathy in the news while ignoring the real reason she was kicked out.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:28:05 AM EDT
[#49]
POGs gonna POG.

Hell...if I was a POG, I'd have been tossed out early on for now wearing dog tags
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:34:29 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Sheesh.  

ETA:  so basically she's full of it, and the bible verse had nothing to do with it?  Figures...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sheesh.  

ETA:  so basically she's full of it, and the bible verse had nothing to do with it?  Figures...

Refusing a lawful order for not removing the "verse" from her PC was two of the six charges for which she was convicted as far as I can tell.  The other four were significantly more important.
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top