Link Posted: 5/27/2015 6:36:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I dare one of the non-belivers to do this ritual:

http://creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/One-Man_Hide_and_Seek

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 6:36:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

When you are in the foxhole and the enemy is advancing on you and you are out of ammo and grenades, exactly who do you pray to?  The flying spaghetti monster maybe?  Some other trendy religion?  Or do you go old school and just pray?

Or, have you never really been tested, so you have no clue as to what you actually believe?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am a bit concerned that so many grown ass men think you can summon demons and spirits.

Come on, man...

When you are in the foxhole and the enemy is advancing on you and you are out of ammo and grenades, exactly who do you pray to?  The flying spaghetti monster maybe?  Some other trendy religion?  Or do you go old school and just pray?

Or, have you never really been tested, so you have no clue as to what you actually believe?

Sorry, I don't read Harry Potter and believe in magic wands and wizards either.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 6:37:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Sounds like Santeria.
View Quote

I do not practice that.
Nor do I own a crystal ball.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 6:38:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am a bit concerned that so many grown ass men think you can summon demons and spirits.

Come on, man...

lol
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 6:40:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Demons are otherworldly beings said to be dedicated to evil and no other purpose. Demons are related to vampires in that they are unholy creatures, although they are immune to silver and their only weakness is faith in God. Contrary to pop fiction, there are no glowing eyes, no smell of sulfur ... but it's been said that the evil rising off a demon can make your hair stand on end.

The origin of demons is unknown. Virtually all human religions have their own beliefs about the origins of demons. In the Bible, demons are the rebel angels that Lucifer led against God, but were defeated and cast into Hell. The Torah holds the same views, although Lucifer is not a demon in Jewish beliefs. In the Qur'an, demons are shape-shifting beings called Djinn. Devils, also known as "greater demons," are even rarer and considered among the most dangerous creatures in existence.

Some demons do not show up in daylight and can only appear after dark. Little has been revealed about them to date save that they are vastly powerful and evil entities, apparently residing in an otherworldly dimension and visiting Earth only when summoned by magic or when possessing weak willed humans (with mental illness seen as a potential risk factor for possession).

Demons exist in virtually every religious belief system. As such, it can be implied that demons are immortal. Additionally, demons are believed in the Bible to be angels cast out of Heaven for disobedience, making them immortal beings of considerable supernatural potency. Those possessed by demons exhibit a drastic increase in strength sufficient to throw grown men across a room. However, there had been no known direct demon attacks upon humans since the Middle Ages.

Summoning a demon is the height of arrogant stupidity. People that are dabbling in thie kind of magic are already weakened by some flaw: mental illness or even a flaw of character. The right kind of flaws can attract evil.
View Quote

Is there any particular reason why the second, third and fourth paragraph all say essentially the same thing?

Sorry Mike but this is a stupid post.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 6:41:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Mental illness, mass hysteria and throw in abit of ergot poisoning every few decades when it rained to much and you got it..
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 6:43:09 PM EDT
[#9]

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 6:47:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Inviting demons into you life can only end badly.  If you believe in demonic possession, this shit is no joke.

Known as the "real" story behind the novel and Hollywood movie The Exorcist, the tale of fourteen year-old Roland Doe is one of the most notorious stories of demonic possession. In fact, Roland Doe is not his real name; it is a pseudonym assigned to him by the Catholic church in order to preserve the boy's privacy. In the late 1940s,  and many speculate that after her death the boy attempted to contact his aunt with the Ouija board, an act which opened the door for the demons who wished to possess him.Doe's aunt encouraged him to use a Ouija board,
View Quote

Brought to you by the Flat Earth Society.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 6:48:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Sorry, I don't read Harry Potter and believe in magic wands and wizards either.

View Quote

Oh, now you've done it.

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 6:49:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
By smug - I suspect it means people who think they know everything, and refuse to recognize the limits of their knowledge.

I have noticed a few trends.

Most of the most brilliant minds than the world has ever produced tend to be agnostic or theists.  In all their brilliance, they ultimately are aware that much is not known and not understood (and much that is thought to be understood is incorrect).
Most weaker minds also tend to be agnostic or theists.  In their weakness, they are acutely aware that they don't know or understand much.
Then there are the average and above average minds.  Most atheists are in this group - so proud of their intelligence they think they know everything.  This group also contains the people who think they are smarter than 95% of everyone else.
View Quote

I believe it's the exact opposite.

Socrates said: “The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.”

Religions claim to know how the universe began, how life began, what happens after you die, how to live an eternal life...

Nonbelievers seek evidence before accepting any claim.

Not saying you're wrong - just that I see it differently.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 6:50:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Nope, but I am pretty tolerant of other peoples actaul beliefs, yours included.   I am confident enough in my own beliefs that I don't feel the need to ridicule anyone else's.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
A lot of smug, know it all motherfuckers in this thread.   I would love to hear some of the things they believed in, so we could scoff at them.
Are you a New Ager?

Nope, but I am pretty tolerant of other peoples actaul beliefs, yours included.   I am confident enough in my own beliefs that I don't feel the need to ridicule anyone else's.

Except when you ridicule those that didn't pray in combat.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 6:52:54 PM EDT
[#14]
View Quote

That's a beautiful kitchen table.

[This post brought to you by ADD.]
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 6:58:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I just tried it and blacked out.

I woke up and my lawn was freshly cut, my leaves were blown into the neighbor's yard, I had a new roof on the house, and there are now chrome rims on my chevy.
View Quote

Apparently I cut my grass 8 hours early! Damn you fickle evil lawn care spirits!
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 7:01:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
How could you move one pencil balanced on another pencil without touching it?

BLOW  ON  IT !
View Quote

It's proof of a Samsquantch!! Finally...
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 7:03:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
What round for a Mexican demon?
View Quote

ICE
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 7:07:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Some of these look pretty legit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEiT_oupjJE
View Quote

8:55 made me lol
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 7:09:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Biggie Smalls, Biggie Smalls, Biggie Smalls!
View Quote

Lol. I thought of the same thing.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 7:10:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Come on, man...

You pray to the almighty Chesty Puller. Duh.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 7:16:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
A lot of smug, know it all motherfuckers in this thread.   I would love to hear some of the things they believed in, so we could scoff at them.
Are you a New Ager?

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 7:16:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
What the fuck kind of self respecting demon is named Charlie?

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20141027005716/villains/images/5/58/Amityville_horror_Jodie_the_pig_darkness.jpg

that's a peeping jawa...
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 7:16:53 PM EDT
[#23]
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 7:17:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I dare one of the non-belivers to do this ritual:

http://creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/One-Man_Hide_and_Seek

View Quote

Sounds delightfully spooky, but complicated. Got anything simpler?

Seriously, though...recommending something you saw on creepypasta? You know that is an entertainment site, right?
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 7:23:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I try not to invite any monsters into my life. Orcs, Goblins, Wraiths, Litches, Necromancers, etc. but if they show up that is what my +1 AR-15 is for.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Inviting demons into you life can only end badly.  If you believe in demonic possession, this shit is no joke.

Known as the "real" story behind the novel and Hollywood movie The Exorcist, the tale of fourteen year-old Roland Doe is one of the most notorious stories of demonic possession. In fact, Roland Doe is not his real name; it is a pseudonym assigned to him by the Catholic church in order to preserve the boy's privacy. In the late 1940s,  and many speculate that after her death the boy attempted to contact his aunt with the Ouija board, an act which opened the door for the demons who wished to possess him.Doe's aunt encouraged him to use a Ouija board,

I try not to invite any monsters into my life. Orcs, Goblins, Wraiths, Litches, Necromancers, etc. but if they show up that is what my +1 AR-15 is for.

I'll stick with my Vorpal FAL....
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 7:33:31 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 7:44:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 7:47:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Come on, man...

Actually, I did pray to the flying spaghetti monster.  I survived, so that is proof the flying spaghetti monster helped me.  What a miracle.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 7:55:54 PM EDT
[#29]
I get the feeling that OP and a few others in this thread are big Santorum fans.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 7:56:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I suspect that demon possession is just the old time explanation for mental illness and other conditions. Makes a lot of sense after reading a couple stories on schizophrenia - a guy acts perfectly healthy and normal through childhood into his early 20s, then flips out completely with no obvious trigger. In a society far more religious and far less informed on scientific workings, it's not surprising you'd ascribe that to demonic work. I seem to recall a New Testament case where a 'demon possessed' kid sounded just like someone with epilepsy.
View Quote

Have you spent a lot of time trying to understand the phenomena?  Because it sounds like you haven't.

The Catholic Church, in investigating possible cases of demonic oppression/possession, always begins in a posture of skepticism, and will seek to rule out all natural causes before initiating a Church-approved Rite of Exorcism.  

You should read up on how they proceed in determining actual cases of demonic possession--and yes, there are ACTUAL cases of demonic possession.  Some of the factors which must be present are levitation (yes, the demonically possessed can and will levitate), doors opening and slamming, dramatic unexplained temperature changes, the possessed person speaking in unknown languages (Latin, Greek, Aramaic, etc.), clairvoyance/clairsentience/knowing hidden things about the priest performing the interview, etc, and yes, some or all of these things ARE present in cases where the Bishop approves a solemn Rite of Exorcism.

I'm not particularly interested in convincing people who do not believe in God that the demonic exists.  It serves no purpose--the demonic is usually running rampant in their life already and they can't even recognize it for what it is--I'm more interested in warning believers that they should NOT think that engaging in occult practices for a lark is harmless.  It isn't harmless.  It is a grave sin against the God, and it does open your life to demonic.  

If you have taken part in any form of occult ritual, seek to cleanse yourself, either with the rite of Confession or through Deliverance prayer.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 7:58:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I get the feeling that OP and a few others in this thread are big Santorum fans.
View Quote

Beware the sweater clan...
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 8:01:59 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

View Quote
CoC violation for big fat naked guy running away from the "demon".

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 8:04:40 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Have you spent a lot of time trying to understand the phenomena?  Because it sounds like you haven't.

The Catholic Church, in investigating possible cases of demonic oppression/possession, always begins in a posture of skepticism, and will seek to rule out all natural causes before initiating a Church-approved Rite of Exorcism.  

You should read up on how they proceed in determining actual cases of demonic possession--and yes, there are ACTUAL cases of demonic possession.  Some of the factors which must be present are levitation (yes, the demonically possessed can and will levitate), doors opening and slamming, dramatic unexplained temperature changes, the possessed person speaking in unknown languages (Latin, Greek, Aramaic, etc.), clairvoyance/clairsentience/knowing hidden things about the priest performing the interview, etc, and yes, some or all of these things ARE present in cases where the Bishop approves a solemn Rite of Exorcism.

I'm not particularly interested in convincing people who do not believe in God that the demonic exists.  It serves no purpose--the demonic is usually running rampant in their life already and they can't even recognize it for what it is--I'm more interested in warning believers that they should NOT think that engaging in occult practices for a lark is harmless.  It isn't harmless.  It is a grave sin against the God, and it does open your life to demonic.  

If you have taken part in any form of occult ritual, seek to cleanse yourself, either with the rite of Confession or through Deliverance prayer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I suspect that demon possession is just the old time explanation for mental illness and other conditions. Makes a lot of sense after reading a couple stories on schizophrenia - a guy acts perfectly healthy and normal through childhood into his early 20s, then flips out completely with no obvious trigger. In a society far more religious and far less informed on scientific workings, it's not surprising you'd ascribe that to demonic work. I seem to recall a New Testament case where a 'demon possessed' kid sounded just like someone with epilepsy.

Sorry, but I call...

ETA: Now if somebody can provide some evidence, I would be willing to take a look.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 8:12:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

End times? Kids have always done this.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
End times stuff people

New "game" named "Charlie, Charlie Challenge" sweeping Twitter where teens summon a Mexican Demon named Charlie using a simple to make "magic board".
Hundreds of videos being posted from all over the country on YouTube show object on these boards moving on their own answering questions.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/technology-science/technology/charlie-charlie-challenge-catholic-priest-5763103

End times? Kids have always done this.

Yeah, maybe.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 8:13:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Holy Crap the Catholic church really believes in Demons but they do not think God can control the climate.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 8:17:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Holy Crap the Catholic church really believes in Demons but they do not think God can control the climate.
View Quote

Free will?
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 8:17:51 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Sorry, but I call...

ETA: Now if somebody can provide some evidence, I would be willing to take a look.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry, but I call...

Oh, would you?  LOL.

The Catholic Church has been performing exorcisms for thousands of years--and yet you confess to be clueless.

There was a case recently in Indiana where multiple witnesses in a Hospital waiting room watched a child glide up the wall and across the ceiling.  When asked about it afterward, they didn't want to talk about it.

The family which was oppressed by the demonic (the mother was apparently possessed) had been dabbling in the occult, and the mother had been carrying on an adulterous affair, despite the fact that she considered herself a Christian.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 8:18:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

He's busy with your soul.. Lets ixnay on the limatkay!

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 8:25:24 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Oh, would you?  LOL.

The Catholic Church has been performing exorcisms for thousands of years--and yet you confess to be clueless.

There was a case recently in Indiana where multiple witnesses in a Hospital waiting room watched a child glide up the wall and across the ceiling.  When asked about it afterward, they didn't want to talk about it.

The family which was oppressed by the demonic (the mother was apparently possessed) had been dabbling in the occult, and the mother had been carrying on an adulterous affair, despite the fact that she considered herself a Christian.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry, but I call...

Oh, would you?  LOL.

If they don't want to back up their claims I don't give a shit.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 8:26:18 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Oh, would you?  LOL.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry, but I call...

Oh, would you?  LOL.

1. Yes, I would.

2. I'm not Catholic...Why would I know anything about what the Catholic church has been up to?

3. Your Indiana story sounds a lot like a Bigfoot story...people see something weird or amazing or scary, then they "don't want to talk about it." But no hard evidence?

Color me shocked.

Got something better? Or at least a link for the Wall-Gliding Child?

Eta: NM...found a link. Still no evidence.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 8:48:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Sorry, but I call...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry, but I call...

He has to be joking.  Elaborate Andy Kaufman level dry humor.  At least, I hope. For his sake.  
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 8:49:01 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Oh, would you?  LOL.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry, but I call...

Oh, would you?  LOL.

You'd think they'd have bigger fish to fry, really.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 8:57:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

He has to be joking.  Elaborate Andy Kaufman level dry humor.  At least, I hope. For his sake.  
View Quote

Lots of people believe lots of things.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 8:58:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 8:58:50 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Penn and Teller had a pretty good episode on ouija boards..I forgot the scientific name but you can move your hands/body without even realizing it and swear you didn't

Some people think psychic surgery is real also
View Quote
It's called the "ideomotor effect;" it's the same thing that dowsing rods are powered by.

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 9:07:36 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

You'd think they'd have bigger fish to fry, really.

View Quote

Because demons are either morons, themselves, or have only enough power to possess children or the weak-minded.  

Why not take control of a genius, or captain of industry, and become an unbeatable, unstoppable ultimate-level Bond-type villain?  

Nooooooo, only the guy who is ALREADY in the nut house, wearing a hug-me jacket.  

Demons must be idiots.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 9:08:29 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
What movie is that from?

View All Quotes

Supernatural T.V. show.  That's Crowley, King of Hell.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 9:12:17 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
That is just great. First illegal aliens and now illegal demons??!!
View Quote

Undocumented demons.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 9:21:48 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, I have. I work from the same viewpoint as this weirdo named Solomon, who said "there is nothing new under the sun." I know there are schizophrenics, the bipolar, clinically depressed, and epileptics today. I suspect that these conditions have existed throughout the history of mankind. I see a kid mentioned in the New Testament, whose symptoms sound damn near identical to epilepsy. I see that called "demonic possession" and I make an assumption that seems quite reasonable to me.
Unsubstantiated reports of walking on walls and levitation, in an era when phones with video camera features are ubiquitous, hold no more water than blurry videos of Bigfoot.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 9:26:03 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Yes, I have. I work from the same viewpoint as this weirdo named Solomon, who said "there is nothing new under the sun." I know there are schizophrenics, the bipolar, clinically depressed, and epileptics today. I suspect that these conditions have existed throughout the history of mankind. I see a kid mentioned in the New Testament, whose symptoms sound damn near identical to epilepsy. I see that called "demonic possession" and I make an assumption that seems quite reasonable to me.
Unsubstantiated reports of walking on walls and levitation, in an era when phones with video camera features are ubiquitous, hold no more water than blurry videos of Bigfoot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well said. Thanks.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top