Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 8
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 11:36:11 AM EDT
[#1]
As the kid who used to be the one who was moving the ouija board thing and making it spell out "try oral sex with the guy sitting across from you" I find this quite hilarious.

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 11:43:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Bloody Mary, Beetlejuice, BIGGIE SMALLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 11:59:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Bush's fault.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 12:24:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Just possessing the children that American demons don't want to possess.

View Quote

Nice.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 12:37:40 PM EDT
[#5]
I hate when kids open up doors to the netherworld. Every time it happens, you have demons running up and down the street, giggling and spreading evil all over the place. You can chase them off your porch with a Nimbus 2000 but they just come back later and leave flaming sacks of dog crap at your front door.

Now that we have Twitter and Facetube, which clearly augment demon summoning abilities, this can only get worse.

Or people are fucking stupid. It could go either way.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 12:46:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 12:49:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Inviting demons into you life can only end badly.  If you believe in demonic possession, this shit is no joke.

View Quote

Lucky for me, I don't!
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 12:56:43 PM EDT
[#8]
View Quote

I'd summon a good chunk of my 401(k) for that demon.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 1:03:50 PM EDT
[#9]

What with thousands of idjits trying to summon him all the damned time, I'll bet that's one tired demon.

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 1:08:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Demons are otherworldly beings said to be dedicated to evil and no other purpose. Demons are related to vampires in that they are unholy creatures, although they are immune to silver and their only weakness is faith in God. Contrary to pop fiction, there are no glowing eyes, no smell of sulfur ... but it's been said that the evil rising off a demon can make your hair stand on end.

The origin of demons is unknown. Virtually all human religions have their own beliefs about the origins of demons. In the Bible, demons are the rebel angels that Lucifer led against God, but were defeated and cast into Hell. The Torah holds the same views, although Lucifer is not a demon in Jewish beliefs. In the Qur'an, demons are shape-shifting beings called Djinn. Devils, also known as "greater demons," are even rarer and considered among the most dangerous creatures in existence.

Some demons do not show up in daylight and can only appear after dark. Little has been revealed about them to date save that they are vastly powerful and evil entities, apparently residing in an otherworldly dimension and visiting Earth only when summoned by magic or when possessing weak willed humans (with mental illness seen as a potential risk factor for possession).

Demons exist in virtually every religious belief system. As such, it can be implied that demons are immortal. Additionally, demons are believed in the Bible to be angels cast out of Heaven for disobedience, making them immortal beings of considerable supernatural potency. Those possessed by demons exhibit a drastic increase in strength sufficient to throw grown men across a room. However, there had been no known direct demon attacks upon humans since the Middle Ages.

Summoning a demon is the height of arrogant stupidity. People that are dabbling in thie kind of magic are already weakened by some flaw: mental illness or even a flaw of character. The right kind of flaws can attract evil.
View Quote

The mental illness is in believing in "other-worldly beings" in the first place.

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 1:09:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Think I'll throw on "The Exorcist" and watch Linda Blair come down the stairs upside down.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 1:09:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

But what happens at night?

Does he drink all your Tequila?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Did it.

Totes worked bros. Me an charlie are hanging out watching China IL reruns.

He seems like a pretty cool guy tbh.

But what happens at night?

Does he drink all your Tequila?

FUCK!

That's where my booze has been going!
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 1:12:20 PM EDT
[#13]
good lord

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 1:13:54 PM EDT
[#14]
A Mexican named Charlie? Shouldn't his name be Carlitos?
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 1:13:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I'm quite certain the hand tremors can contribute. Might even almost always contribute.

Doesn't mean it can't happen, or that the stupid Parker Brothers game is the only channel.

Angry? Yeah. Being told by other posters that because I believe in demons and possessions I am somehow not intelligent tends to do that...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds like Santeria.

Not really, although Santeria does, unfortunately, have a dark side.

People fuck around with this stuff at their peril, and I don't give a damn what a bunch of self-proclaimed know-it-alls think about my belief in the stuff. Demons are real. Possessions are real. People who mess with the occult rarely get what they bargained for...

The natural tremors in your hand are what move a Ouija board. Not evil spirits. See how angry you sound: "I don't give a damn what a self proclaimed know it all religionist thinks about my lack of belief in the make believe."

I'm quite certain the hand tremors can contribute. Might even almost always contribute.

Doesn't mean it can't happen, or that the stupid Parker Brothers game is the only channel.

Angry? Yeah. Being told by other posters that because I believe in demons and possessions I am somehow not intelligent tends to do that...

If I insist that Santa, the Easter Bunny, and the Tooth Fairy are real, wouldn't you think I'm a bit strange?
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 1:14:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 1:15:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

The mental illness is in believing in "other-worldly beings" in the first place.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Demons are otherworldly beings said to be dedicated to evil and no other purpose. Demons are related to vampires in that they are unholy creatures, although they are immune to silver and their only weakness is faith in God. Contrary to pop fiction, there are no glowing eyes, no smell of sulfur ... but it's been said that the evil rising off a demon can make your hair stand on end.

The origin of demons is unknown. Virtually all human religions have their own beliefs about the origins of demons. In the Bible, demons are the rebel angels that Lucifer led against God, but were defeated and cast into Hell. The Torah holds the same views, although Lucifer is not a demon in Jewish beliefs. In the Qur'an, demons are shape-shifting beings called Djinn. Devils, also known as "greater demons," are even rarer and considered among the most dangerous creatures in existence.

Some demons do not show up in daylight and can only appear after dark. Little has been revealed about them to date save that they are vastly powerful and evil entities, apparently residing in an otherworldly dimension and visiting Earth only when summoned by magic or when possessing weak willed humans (with mental illness seen as a potential risk factor for possession).

Demons exist in virtually every religious belief system. As such, it can be implied that demons are immortal. Additionally, demons are believed in the Bible to be angels cast out of Heaven for disobedience, making them immortal beings of considerable supernatural potency. Those possessed by demons exhibit a drastic increase in strength sufficient to throw grown men across a room. However, there had been no known direct demon attacks upon humans since the Middle Ages.

Summoning a demon is the height of arrogant stupidity. People that are dabbling in thie kind of magic are already weakened by some flaw: mental illness or even a flaw of character. The right kind of flaws can attract evil.

LOL, I was going to say. People who believe in supernatural creatures calling others crazy.

These possession videos are always hilarious

more hilariousness
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 1:17:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I hate when kids open up doors to the netherworld. Every time it happens, you have demons running up and down the street, giggling and spreading evil all over the place. You can chase them off your porch with a Nimbus 2000 but they just come back later and leave flaming sacks of dog crap at your front door.

Now that we have Twitter and Facetube, which clearly augment demon summoning abilities, this can only get worse.

Or people are fucking stupid. It could go either way.
View Quote

Yeah. Damn demon summoners. Now I'll have to go out and find another Elder Scroll to shut them down. Anybody got the kik username for a Moth Priest?
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 1:18:16 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

View Quote
fuck thats funny.

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 1:22:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Yes it is exploiting mental illness and naivety. Set one pencil on top of another in any configuration and you create an inherently unstable platform, where the top pencil will slide off from the slightest vibration or breath. Making children believe in demons, and try to contact them is just opening up a can of worms, which is in itself truly evil. Some will become obsessed with the occult and waste their youths being unproductive, and hindering their maturity.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 1:25:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

God, the Ouija board thread here was the best. "Logical" grown men deathly scared of a piece of cardboard/Parker's Brother game.

edit: thread
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Inviting demons into you life can only end badly.  If you believe in demonic possession, this shit is no joke.

Known as the "real" story behind the novel and Hollywood movie The Exorcist, the tale of fourteen year-old Roland Doe is one of the most notorious stories of demonic possession. In fact, Roland Doe is not his real name; it is a pseudonym assigned to him by the Catholic church in order to preserve the boy's privacy. In the late 1940s,  and many speculate that after her death the boy attempted to contact his aunt with the Ouija board, an act which opened the door for the demons who wished to possess him.Doe's aunt encouraged him to use a Ouija board,

God, the Ouija board thread here was the best. "Logical" grown men deathly scared of a piece of cardboard/Parker's Brother game.

It doesn't have a dang thing to do with a piece of cardboard or plastic made by Parker brothers.

The truth is that demons exist whether you believe in them or not.... Just like God. When you go fucking about and inviting demons to come and move some piece of plastic on cardboard you aren't just asking them to spell redrum, you are INVITING demons into your life. It's kind of like the police. Never invite the man into your life. Anyway, inviting demons and messing around with the occult is a good way to actually call a demon into your life.

Possession is real.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 1:25:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

If I insist that Santa, the Easter Bunny, and the Tooth Fairy are real, wouldn't you think I'm a bit strange?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds like Santeria.

Not really, although Santeria does, unfortunately, have a dark side.

People fuck around with this stuff at their peril, and I don't give a damn what a bunch of self-proclaimed know-it-alls think about my belief in the stuff. Demons are real. Possessions are real. People who mess with the occult rarely get what they bargained for...

The natural tremors in your hand are what move a Ouija board. Not evil spirits. See how angry you sound: "I don't give a damn what a self proclaimed know it all religionist thinks about my lack of belief in the make believe."

Yes, because we KNOW those are made up.

I'd also consider you strange if you said beans don't belong in chili....
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 1:26:37 PM EDT
[#23]
OMG, remember the Eighties??

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 1:27:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

It doesn't have a dang thing to do with a piece of cardboard or plastic made by Parker brothers.

The truth is that demons exist whether you believe in them or not.... Just like God. When you go fucking about and inviting demons to come and move some piece of plastic on cardboard you aren't just asking them to spell redrum, you are INVITING demons into your life. It's kind of like the police. Never invite the man into your life. Anyway, inviting demons and messing around with the occult is a good way to actually call a demon into your life.

Possession is real.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Known as the "real" story behind the novel and Hollywood movie The Exorcist, the tale of fourteen year-old Roland Doe is one of the most notorious stories of demonic possession. In fact, Roland Doe is not his real name; it is a pseudonym assigned to him by the Catholic church in order to preserve the boy's privacy. In the late 1940s,  and many speculate that after her death the boy attempted to contact his aunt with the Ouija board, an act which opened the door for the demons who wished to possess him.Doe's aunt encouraged him to use a Ouija board,

Possession is real.

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 1:27:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
OMG, remember the Eighties??

View Quote

You mean the idiocy of thinking that Dungeons and Dragons was ruining our children?
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 1:28:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Possession is real.

Laugh all you want...
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 1:29:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

It's more of an indicator of emotional intelligence.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 1:33:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really? We live on this TINY spec of a planet in a universe so big you can't even comprehend it and you think that there is NOTHING else out there? Absolutely no other worldly beings at all?

In my opinion believing that we are the only thing in the universe is more asinine than believing in possession.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 1:40:39 PM EDT
[#29]
A lot of smug, know it all motherfuckers in this thread.   I would love to hear some of the things they believed in, so we could scoff at them.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 1:43:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

OK. I would love for some jackass to come see me and instruct me exactly how to summon a demon.
I would do whatever he said. I'd love to meet a demon. If a demon shows up, I'll promise to get the religion of his choice.
If no demon shows up, all I ask for is for him to renounce his faith.  
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 1:44:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
A lot of smug, know it all motherfuckers in this thread.   I would love to hear some of the things they believed in, so we could scoff at them.
View Quote

You can't hurt what I hold sacred or make me angry by ridiculing it.  I'm an emotionally mature adult.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 1:45:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Really? We live on this TINY spec of a planet in a universe so big you can't even comprehend it and you think that there is NOTHING else out there? Absolutely no other worldly beings at all?

In my opinion believing that we are the only thing in the universe is more asinine than believing in possession.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I believe in life off of the Earth.

I don't believe in the undead, angles, demons, ghosts, etc.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 1:49:41 PM EDT
[#33]
I suspect that demon possession is just the old time explanation for mental illness and other conditions. Makes a lot of sense after reading a couple stories on schizophrenia - a guy acts perfectly healthy and normal through childhood into his early 20s, then flips out completely with no obvious trigger. In a society far more religious and far less informed on scientific workings, it's not surprising you'd ascribe that to demonic work. I seem to recall a New Testament case where a 'demon possessed' kid sounded just like someone with epilepsy.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 1:51:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Yes.  Yes they do.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Saw this yesterday on Drudge. Some of the comments were extra fucking stupid.

In 2015, do people actually believe this shit?

Yes.  Yes they do.

A well-known christian radio broadcaster was denouncing the Harry Potter books 10 or so years ago on his show, and he said that he expected the popularity of Harry Potter to lead to an increase in demon possession of children.  I don't think he was kidding.

He's not a fire-and-brimstone type either.  Very soft spoken.  Bills himself as the voice of educated reason.  

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 1:52:24 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 1:54:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh, yeah. I'm going to take seriously how anyone in GD judges my emotional intelligence...

That WOULD be insane.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 1:55:10 PM EDT
[#37]
I find warning my children not to do something guarantees that they're certainly gonna do it.

However, I did try telling them NOT to take out the trash. That didn't work.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 1:58:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Possession is real.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Possession is real.

Holy shit, had to catch my breath I'm laughing so hard.  You can't pay for this kind of entertainment.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 1:59:55 PM EDT
[#39]
Do Mexican demons wait in line or do they just invite themselves in?
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 2:00:55 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

A well-known christian radio broadcaster was denouncing the Harry Potter books 10 or so years ago on his show, and he said that he expected the popularity of Harry Potter to lead to an increase in demon possession of children.  I don't think he was kidding.

He's not a fire-and-brimstone type either.  Very soft spoken.  Bills himself as the voice of educated reason.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Saw this yesterday on Drudge. Some of the comments were extra fucking stupid.

In 2015, do people actually believe this shit?

Yes.  Yes they do.

Yes, believing that made up things can possess a person sounds completely reasonable to me.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 2:07:20 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Grown fucking men think that they can fucking trash to dead people, demons, ghosts, spirits, spectors, spooks, and other otherworldly horse shit that doesn't exist.

Just fucking sad.
View Quote

What are your thoughts on Samsquanches?
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 2:11:00 PM EDT
[#42]
I don't practice Santeria, I ain't got no crystal ball.  I had a million dollars but I'd, I'd spend it all
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 2:23:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How do we know that life off of the earth ISN'T (or couldn't be) spirits, angels, demons, etc?

Just playing devils advocate here.....

We still don't even know what consciousness is. We can't quantify it, we can't replicate it, and we don't understand it.

Who's to say that "spirits" aren't just consciousness that exists in another plane that we aren't aware of? Saying that is outright impossible would be a little pompous of us humans.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 2:29:10 PM EDT
[#44]
I clicked on this thread expecting Supernatural references and I was not disappointed!
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 2:34:14 PM EDT
[#45]
Can't we just give these morons gas cans and match's to play with instead.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 2:37:28 PM EDT
[#46]
All my 6th graders keep playing this game in class.

It is now automatically detention since so many kids are playing it.

I can't wait for summer
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 2:59:15 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Grown fucking men think that they can fucking trash to dead people, demons, ghosts, spirits, spectors, spooks, and other otherworldly horse shit that doesn't exist.

Just fucking sad.

Probably demons.. really really hairy demons.

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 2:59:18 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

View Quote
They're Nihilists, dude.

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 2:59:42 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

How do we know that life off of the earth ISN'T (or couldn't be) spirits, angels, demons, etc?

Just playing devils advocate here.....

We still don't even know what consciousness is. We can't quantify it, we can't replicate it, and we don't understand it.

Who's to say that "spirits" aren't just consciousness that exists in another plane that we aren't aware of? Saying that is outright impossible would be a little pompous of us humans.
View Quote

Fair enough. But in my opinion that would mean they aren't angels or demons in the sense that people are referring to them in here.

For example, say the monster cthullu (sp? fuck it) turns out to be real. Real in the sense that there's a giant squid like creature capable of destroying large ships, but isn't the master of evil or darkness or whatever supernatural type powers are attributed to him.

That would mean that cthullu is real, but is not supernatural. Because anything that occurs naturally, is by definition not supernatural.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 3:56:33 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

You can't hurt what I hold sacred or make me angry by ridiculing it.  I'm an emotionally mature adult.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Of course you are.   LOL
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top