Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 2:34:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Eh. It's a picture which is found by googling his user name.  That's basically all the information given to us.  I don't think it's AROCK level.  I just have no idea where the line is.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I dunno. It's just the PoF profile pic of a 'porterhouse83', a unique username that only draws a few results and all residing in the state listed for the OP and all having common themes for interests and posting styles on other boards.

So...uh... Occam's Razor and all that jazz.

He's a rather handsome fellow indeed.

Where's the line between posting personal information and digging up some info on Google?  I've never been cleared on what's allowed here and what isn't.

I believe that's some shit AROCK would pull and a bannable offense if I was staff on duty.

Eh. It's a picture which is found by googling his user name.  That's basically all the information given to us.  I don't think it's AROCK level.  I just have no idea where the line is.

This +87.  Anything which can be found on the 1st page of google when searching someone's "anonymous" user name is fair game IMO.  Poster above needs to chill a bit - glad he's not staff.

ETA - It's the OP who decided it would be a good idea to use the same username on a bunch of different dating sites AND arfcom - GD no less.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 2:35:02 PM EDT
[#2]
IBTL?
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 2:35:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

This +87.  Anything which can be found on the 1st page of google when searching someone's "anonymous" user name is fair game IMO.  Poster above needs to chill a bit - glad he's not staff.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I dunno. It's just the PoF profile pic of a 'porterhouse83', a unique username that only draws a few results and all residing in the state listed for the OP and all having common themes for interests and posting styles on other boards.

Where's the line between posting personal information and digging up some info on Google?  I've never been cleared on what's allowed here and what isn't.

I believe that's some shit AROCK would pull and a bannable offense if I was staff on duty.

additionally, it's not like anyone's calling his boss to get him fired from the lumberyard.  
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 2:37:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm constantly amazed at how women view being asked out. I was talking to some chick at a concert and my "big move" was saying, "Hey, can I get your number?" She told me she thought I was ballsy for doing that. I never realized anyone could be impressed by that, but I don't know, maybe all the manlets these days have lowered the bar for masculinity?
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 2:39:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 2:39:34 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I'm constantly amazed at how women view being asked out. I was talking to some chick at a concert and my "big move" was saying, "Hey, can I get your number?" She told me she thought I was ballsy for doing that. I never realized anyone could be impressed by that, but I don't know, maybe all the manlets these days have lowered the bar for masculinity?
View Quote
Guys today only ask women out via text, behind the safety of their keyboard.

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 2:40:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Do you have any idea what Arocking is? Arocking refers to someone trying to harm/ruin you in real life, by contacting people at your job (or other people in your life) for the express purpose of fucking you over.

This is exactly nothing like that.

If the image came from someone raiding his photobucket account, or some detailed and complex search to try to "identify" him in real life, then it might be a problem.  But if this is an image that comes up if someone googles his username,  then it is PUBLIC information that he himself put out there.  That's not an example of posting someone's persons identifying information - it's just an example of someone re-posting an image that he himself put out on the internet for public view.

Is it a little tasteless?  Perhaps.  But it does not seem to be a violation of our rules, nor does it have anything in common with Arocking.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you have any idea what Arocking is? Arocking refers to someone trying to harm/ruin you in real life, by contacting people at your job (or other people in your life) for the express purpose of fucking you over.

If the image came from someone raiding his photobucket account, or some detailed and complex search to try to "identify" him in real life, then it might be a problem.  But if this is an image that comes up if someone googles his username,  then it is PUBLIC information that he himself put out there.  That's not an example of posting someone's persons identifying information - it's just an example of someone re-posting an image that he himself put out on the internet for public view.

Is it a little tasteless?  Perhaps.  But it does not seem to be a violation of our rules, nor does it have anything in common with Arocking.

Good enough clarification for me.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 2:41:19 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sick burn

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 2:46:34 PM EDT
[#9]
This thread cements the fact that usernames / emails / accounts are always best set up with unique names

Also, I think there is nothing wrong with posting an image that is found on the first page of a google search. Maybe its him, maybe its not. Either way, we are all friends here for the most part - he wants to live his life on the 'net...
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 2:46:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 2:47:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
This thread cements the fact that usernames / emails / accounts are always best set up with unique names

Also, I think there is nothing wrong with posting an image that is found on the first page of a google search. Maybe its him, maybe its not. Either way, we are all friends here for the most part - he wants to live his life on the 'net...
View Quote

I prefer short user names which are commonly found all over the internet.  That way there's so much contradictory information out there, you can never compile a valid picture.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 2:49:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 2:49:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Free Sherman.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 2:49:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I prefer short user names which are commonly found all over the internet.  That way there's so much contradictory information out there, you can never compile a valid picture.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well you failed - I found you didn't I???

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 2:49:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 2:50:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

http://www.joblo.com/newsimages1/bladecb.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shit. They're on to me.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 3:00:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Shit. They're on to me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shit. They're on to me.

Wesley...Snips?
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 3:00:45 PM EDT
[#18]
I never use the same name anywhere.

Not even the same themes.

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 3:02:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Wesley...Snips?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shit. They're on to me.

Wesley...Snips?

Exactly!  1st page results and all
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 3:03:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I never use the same name anywhere.

Not even the same themes.

View Quote

Same.

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 3:04:08 PM EDT
[#21]
OP and his date?

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 3:07:01 PM EDT
[#22]

Epic

What OP thinks people see:

What other people actually see:

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 3:14:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

A young lady at my office once told me that she and all of her friends viewed a guy actually calling them to be extremely aggressive and a huge turn off.  She said she much preferred texting as it was a lower pressure form of communication.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 3:17:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ehhhhh.  Like with most things, one mod thinks one way, and another thinks differently.  A member got locked a while back for the same thing by a different member of staff

Not to mention my own issues I've had with staff having different opinions on the rules
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 3:18:06 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

View Quote

Yep.....

Cheers, OP!

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 3:24:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Ehhhhh.  Like with most things, one mod thinks one way, and another thinks differently.  A member got locked a while back for the same thing by a different member of staff

Not to mention my own issues I've had with staff having different opinions on the rules
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That staffer even called it "arocking".
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 3:32:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

And in that case, nobody knew who the picture was of.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 3:33:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Good for you OP.  Glad to hear it!

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 3:34:27 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Must of missed that one.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 3:37:22 PM EDT
[#30]
For fuck's sake.  What is this thread even about?  I came for a picture of the gorgeous blond.

As to the argument going on, here is my advice.  If you don't want someone to know what you look like, don't post a picture of yourself on the fucking internet.  Anything that you post in the public domain is fair game.  Don't wine about it later.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 3:39:18 PM EDT
[#31]
In on 3.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 3:39:47 PM EDT
[#32]
OP will you wear the apron in this "relationship?"
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 3:41:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Did you actually cock-block yourself?
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 3:42:10 PM EDT
[#34]

The OP's boss is a woman....he says work is going great.....

So maybe this is how he's working toward that management position......

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 3:49:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Lmao!!!!! I love this site!.  No pics yet.  So just calm down and be patient.  Suppose to see her again today.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 3:51:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

The OP's boss is a woman....he says work is going great.....

So maybe this is how he's working toward that management position......

View Quote

he's not going to get the kind of pink slip he's hoping for.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 3:55:14 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Free Sherman.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Both guys and girls alike give me recognition almost daily on.my looks.  Its truly no homo and I am used to it.  Thank you gmezz

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v256/dangerj/porterhouse83_zpsgbbn5qt5.png

Free Sherman.

Indeed.

Bannable offense for one, bannable offense for all.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 3:55:50 PM EDT
[#38]
F5
F5

F5

F5

F5
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 3:57:04 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Lmao!!!!! I love this site!.  No pics yet.  So just calm down and be patient.  Suppose to see her again today.
View Quote

Sadly first page of google shows my AR and pistols I used to own also
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 3:57:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Both guys and girls alike give me recognition almost daily on.my looks.  Its truly no homo and I am used to it.  Thank you gmezz

Is that the op?

A member with an otherwise blemish free record was banned for the same thing. Finding a pic of another member, photoshopping it, and posting it. Though unlike Mr. Danger, he didn't even identify who it was.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 3:58:24 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Indeed.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Free Sherman.

Indeed.

Im not mad about it.  Thats a good picture of me.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 4:11:44 PM EDT
[#42]
We're all friends here... of vastly different backgrounds

Thanks for being a good sport OP!
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 4:12:44 PM EDT
[#43]
goddammit... it's a fucking safe thread!
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 4:14:50 PM EDT
[#44]
He's in Colorado
Maybe he's been to the local weed shop
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 4:14:56 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm not your friend, guy.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 4:18:24 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

So at what time should I piss on her to establish dominance?  And is $8.7 a good tip to leave the waiter?
View Quote

None of that shit matters as long as you STIHPAPP.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 4:26:27 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Free Sherman.

Indeed.

That is unfortunate.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 4:35:39 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm not your guy,chump.

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 4:41:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Free Sherman.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Free Sherman.

FREE SHERMAN!!!!
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 4:45:57 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Free Sherman.
View Quote

THIS

FREE SHERMAN!!!
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top