Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/23/2001 6:01:17 PM EDT
I own a pre-ban receiver that I would like to build into a 16" carbine. I don't have a lot of $ to pour into it, so I am looking for the best value. I have experience with Bushmaster, Colt and Armalite-- all of which have been good experiences.

Is it worth looking at the less expensive kits? In Shot Gun News, I have ran across 3 companies that I'm not familiar with. Their kits are in the low $400's. I would appreciate any help available in discussing quality and service. The companies are Rock River Arms, J&T Distributing, M&A Parts, and Model "1" Sales. What order would you rate the companies?

Would you recommend any others?--Contact info. would be very helpful.

Thanks,

fuatos

Link Posted: 4/23/2001 6:05:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 7:24:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Rock River Arms is a firearm manufacturer.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the others you listed are only distributors.
If that's the case, buy from the cheapest.
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 7:44:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I built my first AR 2 months ago W/ the help of Bill from M&A parts. A+ service and some great prices.

I got a 16" heavy free floated complete upper for $425. Shoots 1" groups at 100yds with a JP tension pin.

I'm buying my next AR from Bill!!!

good luck

Rok
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top