BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 9:22:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I got a new motorcycle March of last year. Less than 30 days later i was rear ended on the bike. The woman who hit me had been sitting behind me at the red light. Thiught it was green, so she hit the gas, not looking at the motorcycle that was still in front of her. If i had been allowed to filter to the front of the line, when she hit the gas, and then the car in front of her, would i have been injured as i watched it in my mirror?

Nope. Neither would my bike, less than 30 days old, or helmet. Sitting completely still, all traffic stopped. Search back, i posted about it the day it happened.
View Quote

I got rear ended at a stop sign by a similar idiot.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 9:23:54 AM EDT
[#2]

My daily commute:

https://youtu.be/1zb9jN4w3EI

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 9:27:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

This.  By the look on the guys face, you can tell he had no idea what happened.
If I were sitting in stopped traffic, I wouldn't expect a vehicle to be coming up in between cars either.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I bet he blamed the "cager"...
I wouldn't blame the biker if he did; that was on purpose.  

He looked surprised to me.
You've never seen someone jump out of their car at a light or in completely stopped traffic to get something out of the back seat or trunk before?
(Not saying that's any more legal than what the bike did, but I see it all the time.)

This.  By the look on the guys face, you can tell he had no idea what happened.
If I were sitting in stopped traffic, I wouldn't expect a vehicle to be coming up in between cars either.

Just like the rider didn't expect for somebody to exit their car while sitting in traffic.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 9:42:19 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I got a new motorcycle March of last year. Less than 30 days later i was rear ended on the bike. The woman who hit me had been sitting behind me at the red light. Thiught it was green, so she hit the gas, not looking at the motorcycle that was still in front of her. If i had been allowed to filter to the front of the line, when she hit the gas, and then the car in front of her, would i have been injured as i watched it in my mirror?
Nope. Neither would my bike, less than 30 days old, or helmet. Sitting completely still, all traffic stopped. Search back, i posted about it the day it happened.

I don't ride bikes. I watched a stupid girl in a VW STOPPED at a STOP LIGHT, hit her gas and run up the wheel and then back of a guy on a motorcycle STOPPED in front of her.

IDGAF if you filter, as long as when you do, you don't take your sweet goddamn time getting off the line. Green means go motherfucker. My Inline 6 jeep should not have to throttle back to keep from hitting your filtering ass. So go to the front, fine, but don't make me wait on you after.

***EDITED TO ADD***

And this is related to my previous statement but not about cycles....

IF YOU MOVE OVER A LANE AT A STOP LIGHT TO GET THE CLEAR LANE, FUCKING BE READY WHEN IT GOES GREEN.

Nothing pisses me off more than someone who jumps infront of me 50' before the intersection, and is too busy Texting facebook to see the light turn green.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 9:43:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

My daily commute:

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 9:44:32 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

You're doing the Lord's work Swingset.
View Quote

I'm moving slowly in between the flock, trying to spread the word. And, yay, the nonbelievers did shake their fist at thee and proclaim "It's not fair!" and I was sad for them, for they know not what they do.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 9:56:07 AM EDT
[#7]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My daily commute:

http://youtu.be/1zb9jN4w3EI

Thanks!

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 9:58:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

My daily commute:

View Quote

You don't have to obey traffic signals on a bike?

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 10:36:53 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/MvZI751.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

My daily commute:

Scooters are exempt from all laws. It's a mercy rule.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 10:47:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My daily commute:

Not so much.  But then I ran lights in the car just about every day as well.  Just don't cause an accident doing it.

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 12:02:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Not so much.  But then I ran lights in the car just about every day as well.  Just don't cause an accident doing it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My daily commute:

Cool.  I've seen enough LL videos that'd make me not ride a scooter in an Asian country.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 12:16:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I'm moving slowly in between the flock, trying to spread the word. And, yay, the nonbelievers did shake their fist at thee and proclaim "It's not fair!" and I was sad for them, for they know not what they do.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You have a lot more patience than I did.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 2:01:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Here in NH I don't know if lane splitting/filtering is legal or not. It happens often so I guess it could be? Over the weekend I got called into work - the storms in MS are wreaking havoc at the ISP I work for.

Long story short, while sitting at a traffic light a guy on a big Harley came up and clipped my drivers side mirror, snapping it forward. The driver stopped at the light momentarily, looked back at me, shrugged his shoulders and then took off like a bat out of hell (actually running the red light). I pulled the mirror back into place, but the little directional light in the front of it got broke:

There are two little plastic tabs that snap the light fixture into the mirror housing, and both tabs broke off from the impact. I'm not one to ordinarily sweat the small stuff, but two things about this really chap my ass:

- The little prick took off after hitting my mirror.
- The car is brand new, I've owned it for less than a month

My apology if I'm sounding petty.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 2:10:05 PM EDT
[#14]
In honor of the derp in this thread, im going to splitas much as possible on the way home. 26 miles, 25 of which is freeway. Its illegal, but Im gonna do it,

In my jeep!
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 2:12:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Here in NH I don't know if lane splitting/filtering is legal or not. It happens often so I guess it could be? Over the weekend I got called into work - the storms in MS are wreaking havoc at the ISP I work for.

Long story short, while sitting at a traffic light a guy on a big Harley came up and clipped my drivers side mirror, snapping it forward. The driver stopped at the light momentarily, looked back at me, shrugged his shoulders and then took off like a bat out of hell (actually running the red light). I pulled the mirror back into place, but the little directional light in the front of it got broke:

http://i.imgur.com/Zlr7jD3.jpg

There are two little plastic tabs that snap the light fixture into the mirror housing, and both tabs broke off from the impact. I'm not one to ordinarily sweat the small stuff, but two things about this really chap my ass:

View Quote

You're not petty, the guy was a jerk.  I have accidentally hit one mirror over the years.  I stopped, scooted back (red-light), and made sure it everything was okay with the mirror and the driver.  Fortunately all was well and we went on our way.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 2:23:01 PM EDT
[#16]
This thread ...... this thread is going places.

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 3:29:08 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/Zlr7jD3.jpg

View Quote

An inconsiderate asshole did that to you. Could have taken a turn wide in his Brodozer, and you'd have had the same result.

If I had hit you, splitting or not, I'd have been off my bike apologizing with a check in my hand.

And, no it's never petty when a dickbag ruins your stuff through stupidity.

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 7:44:43 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

You just had to say that and kill it, didn't you?  

Link Posted: 5/29/2015 12:00:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here...proper lane splitting and filtering with loud pipes used as a form of communication (although, they aren't really as loud as they seem in the vid as he has a mic on them).

Typical daily commute into London.

Link Posted: 5/29/2015 12:16:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Shame we didn't get the Nuda here in the USA.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 3:34:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Kids are not the only ones doing it.
View Quote

Had a dude about 50 nearly take the front end of my car off last night as he cut in last second when a construction barrier ended the right lane he was in. He knew full well the lane was ending but decided to double the speed and jack in front of cars going 50 in the construction. Had GF riding passenger in back too. Brilliant
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 3:37:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 4:17:29 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Had a dude about 50 nearly take the front end of my car off last night as he cut in last second when a construction barrier ended the right lane he was in. He knew full well the lane was ending but decided to double the speed and jack in front of cars going 50 in the construction. Had GF riding passenger in back too. Brilliant
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Kids are not the only ones doing it.

Just so you know, that's not lane splitting.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 4:18:26 PM EDT
[#24]

View Quote

I think the lesson here is obvious. Scooters are gay.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 4:21:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 6/3/2015 2:48:25 PM EDT
[#26]
After reading all the benefits, I'm going to give lane splitting a try.

Link Posted: 6/3/2015 3:19:17 PM EDT
[#27]
View Quote

I must have missed how that is related to lane splitting.
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 3:21:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Completely and the roads are full of the dead and dying motorcyclist everyday.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Legal in CA.

Completely and the roads are full of the dead and dying motorcyclist everyday.

Their choice, doesn't affect me.
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 3:26:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

As somebody who grew up there and split lanes daily for almost 10 years...bullshit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Legal in CA.

where you can see a motorcyclist being cleaned up with a shovel at least once a month.

As somebody who grew up there and split lanes daily for almost 10 years...bullshit.

You're in the wrong subforum if you're looking to discuss merit and ecperience.. this here is the hate forum where we hate on general subjects in which people differ. It's made all the more interesting with tall tales and loose facts.
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 3:34:03 PM EDT
[#30]

I did it in Cali all the time.

First at the lite.   Haha fukin cagers!
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 3:58:04 PM EDT
[#31]
My dad and a buddy were riding through Shitcago in the 70's.  They were splitting lanes in stand still traffic and a person saw them coming and purposely opened the door.  Just missed my dad and killed his buddy.  DRT.
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 4:09:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
My dad and a buddy were riding through Shitcago in the 70's.  They were splitting lanes in stand still traffic and a person saw them coming and purposely opened the door.  Just missed my dad and killed his buddy.  DRT.
View Quote

I hope the guy got time for that!
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 4:13:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

How did he end up dead only going 5 mph?  Talk about unlucky.
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 4:24:22 PM EDT
[#34]
I approve of lane splitting and will gladly give space to motorcycles to do it, even though it is illegal in my state.
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 4:31:54 PM EDT
[#35]
This is one of my favorite threads
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 4:33:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I approve of lane splitting and will gladly give space to motorcycles to do it, even though it is illegal in my state.
View Quote

I'm not sure if it's legal in NH or not, but I give them as much room as possible - particularly on the highway

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top