Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Somebody is getting fired.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Management didn't close the flood gates. Luckily we weren't parked down there...

Somebody is getting fired.

No kidding. I wouldn't mind it though.. they are bitches .

I've seen a couple Maserati's, a Bentley, and an Aston Martin in that garage. I wonder where those were parked...
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 12:35:27 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I think there's less chance for hurricanes during an El Nino.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Report I heard this morning was 4 dead, 12 missing...and more rain expected throughout the week. Damn.

If El Nino caused this...I can't wait for hurricane season.

I think there's less chance for hurricanes during an El Nino.

You are correct. My bad. I was thinking it enhances the hurricane season, the opposite is true.

Link Posted: 5/26/2015 12:37:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Denton here, amazing couple of weeks.

Along with the lake levels being up more good news is with the rain Houston got, the Gulf will also be full.  
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 12:50:38 PM EDT
[#4]
I was thinking about putting a snorkel on my Suburban and I thought "nahhhh, it's not like you'd ever really need it."

I'm starting to change my mind.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 1:26:58 PM EDT
[#5]
I predict Travis is full by end of June.  Lol to all those city council ppl who said the lake would be dry by 2016.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 1:28:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Got up this morning and I-10 was flooded in multiple areas between 610 West and Downtown.   Downtown along the north side next to the bayou was flooded like a mo-fo.   All north entrances to downtown completely closed.  
I decided to chill at home and see if it would recede enough to drive in from Cypress.

By the time I left at 10 AM all the water had drained off and I-10 was dry as a bone again.  Downtown is still fucked though.  My building got 2 feet of water in the basement, causing us to go into emergency power.

You'd think with the courts being shut down, I would be at home?  Hell no.  Boss told me to bring my 100Ft extension so we could run power to our stuff from a hot line near the generator room.

So I'm in a big ass building with minimal AC at the moment, trying to do work that no one else is attempting to do.

Go me
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 1:38:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Texas Lake Levels

Fun site for playing around with all the lake levels around the state.

Lake Belton (close to me) has gained 6 feet this week, and 1 1/2 feet since yesterday.

I spent quite a bit of time at Lakes Meredith and Mackenzie growing up.  Meredith is up ~15 feet in the last year and is at a whopping 8.7% capacity...it was at 0% this time last year.  Mackenzie is up 21 feet and has gone from 4.8 to 12.9% capacity.

Kind of an interesting one is Lake JB Thomas.  Dad's family actually had a cabin there in the 60s when it was full.  It's been at basically 0% since at least 2012, though its been incredibly low forever.  Jumped from 0% to 45% six months ago, and is now at 74%.....it's gained 48 feet this year.  Of course, they also used to go water skiing out at Buffalo Lake...which has been dry so long it was turned into a wildlife refuge decades ago.

Link Posted: 5/26/2015 2:16:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Sam Rayburn Reserviour which is the largest lake wholey contained in the state of TX and is in East, TX  is 8 feet above pool. I'm assuming the power generation gates are open 100% and have been for a while now.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 2:54:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I was thinking about putting a snorkel on my Suburban and I thought "nahhhh, it's not like you'd ever really need it."

I'm starting to change my mind.
View Quote

Just do it.  

Link Posted: 5/26/2015 3:10:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Past 30 days in Texas and Oklahoma:

Average annual precipitation:

Parts of the Panhandle are getting pretty damn close to their usual yearly totals in the past month alone.

Link Posted: 5/26/2015 3:15:53 PM EDT
[#11]
give me more rain
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 8:51:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Prayers sent out to all affected. Me and my team were on stand by to assist those in Houston. Just got the call, that wont be happening. God speed y'all.

In attempt to lighten the mood though a little... I present...

Link Posted: 5/26/2015 10:08:33 PM EDT
[#13]

Austin Statesman

?
@statesman

Hays officials identify 11 still missing after floods: http://atxne.ws/1cYBjOS

Link Posted: 5/26/2015 10:09:38 PM EDT
[#14]
I made it. I live in the worst hit part of houston, southwest/braes bayou.
Lost power most of today. My little neighborhood sits on a rare high spot above the flood plain, so we were dry, but trapped.

Cue the gypsy roofers.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 10:12:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Damn...
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 10:18:16 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Lost power most of today. My little neighborhood sits on a rare high spot above the flood plain, so we were dry, but trapped.

Cue the gypsy roofers.
View Quote
Glad you made it.

Link Posted: 5/26/2015 10:27:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Arlington has been getting slaughtered for an hour now.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 10:28:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Fuck! It appears we lost an extended family member during last nights flooding.  We just got the word that he had been missing since 2AM last night, and his vehicle was towed this morning at 7:30 AM from the Heights in Houston.  
We don't know if it was flooding related or what, but they apparently found his body in the car.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 10:37:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Made the stupid decision to drive to Austin yesterday afternoon and meet with my wife, since she's been outta town since last week. Damn near didn't make it home yesterday evening. Took 290 to 21, going back towards Bryan and there were cars in the ditches everywhere. Saw a really bad head on collision near Bastrop and had water running across the road all over the place. Pretty much anywhere there was a creek or tank near the road. Apparently they shut it down right after I got home.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 10:47:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Arlington has been getting slaughtered for an hour now.
View Quote

It's been pretty nasty. 2 inches in an hour.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 11:00:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Tomorrow and Thursday are going to keep dumping on DFW.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 11:15:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Austin Statesman    ?@statesman                                        

Hays officials identify 11 still missing after floods: http://atxne.ws/1cYBjOS
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CF-iDiHXIAA_es2.jpg:large
View Quote

The guy in the hat in the middle has been found...

Not released confirmation yet.

I found his truck on Sunday morning but the water has been too high to search it... It was upside down and unidentifiable as to make, model, color...  I was there again this morning with a state trooper was able to finally see a red body panel... I guess they finally got to it about 2 hours ago.

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 6:13:46 AM EDT
[#23]
Here we go again.

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 7:10:16 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Cue the gypsy roofers.
View Quote

Same area and same story. No flooding in our apartment complex but trapped until noon yesterday.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 8:19:08 AM EDT
[#25]
It has been POURING since 4 this morning.

Everything is flooded.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 8:29:23 AM EDT
[#26]
Northwest Houston seems to have gotten the worst of the rain, today.  Allen Parkway seems to still be flooded in certain parts.

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 8:36:06 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Northwest Houston seems to have gotten the worst of the rain, today.  Allen Parkway seems to still be flooded in certain parts.

View Quote

The building I operate is in NW Houston and about three miles before arriving here it started dumping tons of rain.
At one point I was reduced to driving around 6 mph because I could not even see the white lines on the road.

I'm sick of this shit.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 9:12:55 AM EDT
[#28]
I'm guessing this is more of a berm than a damn but the Padera Lake dam is overflowing it seems. Threatening Highway 287

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 9:14:55 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 9:14:57 AM EDT
[#30]
Damn. Good luck over there.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 9:16:37 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I predict Travis is full by end of June.  Lol to all those city council ppl who said the lake would be dry by 2016.
View Quote

Be grateful. You guys have been sucking on water for over a decade, yes?
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 9:33:48 AM EDT
[#32]

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 12:03:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 2:48:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 3:00:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 3:11:30 PM EDT
[#36]
Damn, we've had enough water.  Send that shit somewhere else.  
My step-daughter lost her uncle Tuesday morning in the Houston flood.  He apparently drove into a heavily flooded area and he didn't make it.  They confirmed last night that he drowned. :(
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 3:23:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Austin and the rest of central TX are under a flash flood watch again.
View Quote

Looks like the storms east of Austin and north of Fredricksburg are actually heading northwest at the moment.  That's unusual.

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 3:41:12 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Looks like the storms east of Austin and north of Fredricksburg are actually heading northwest at the moment. That's unusual.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Austin and the rest of central TX are under a flash flood watch again.

Looks like the storms east of Austin and north of Fredricksburg are actually heading northwest at the moment. That's unusual.

Depends on where the center of circulation is in relation to the cells.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 3:58:07 PM EDT
[#39]

For the first time in the history of the world, that modification seems brilliant.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 4:57:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 4:59:39 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 5:07:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 5:12:31 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
How about you point out all the threads you have started where you are trying to help out other arfcommers...

Oh that's right, you don't have any.

Go wait in the car, adults are having a conversation here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Believe me, they knew they were there. What radar are you using, theirs?

Yup. Unless you have a DOW rig, they know about it first.

The damn thing generates automated warnings and they see the data in real time.
Of course they do. My point was I used their Data feeds, my GR Analyst software,  and identified two cells as tornadic and posted that info here before they issued warning on those storms. One was nearly 4 minutes before they issued a warning. That was the Stephenville storm.

Ok, I see this isn't working. Glad your helping out and believe you're outperforming the NWS.

How about you point out all the threads you have started where you are trying to help out other arfcommers...

I'm glad that he starts threads trying to help out Arfcommers, and no, I haven't "started any threads" but I have helped Arfcommers and plenty of others too. I was trying to show him that he did not "call two tornadoes before the NWS even knew about them", first off; they weren't tornadoes and secondly I was trying to get him to realize that they were well aware of what he was looking at, where it was and what it was doing. I make a living doing what he does for fun and have been doing it for two decades now.

<Personal attack removed. Next time you won't get a mulligan. -Z>

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 5:17:13 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Of course they do. My point was I used their Data feeds, my GR Analyst software, and identified two cells as tornadic and posted that info here before they issued warning on those storms. One was nearly 4 minutes before they issued a warning. That was the Stephenville storm.

Ok, I see this isn't working. Glad your helping out and believe you're outperforming the NWS.

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 5:23:28 PM EDT
[#45]
Nice. Study up a little more next time before you start claiming you "called two tornadoes before the NWS even knew about them". First off you might try learning what a Tornado is...
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 5:32:25 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Nice. Study up a little more next time before you start claiming you "called two tornadoes before the NWS even knew about them". First off you might try learning what a Tornado is...
View Quote

Your attempts at 'victory through semantics' are truly underwhelming.

Incidentally, you can go back and check the post times of my post and the times on the NWS Warnings.

It shouldn't be rocket surgery for a brilliant bureaucrat.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 5:39:47 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 5:41:49 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Forecast from the Austin/San Antonio NWS - looks like Thursday night into Friday it's going to get bad again:
FOR THURSDAY NIGHT INTO FRIDAY...OUR CONFIDENCE INCREASE ASMODELS AGREE ON BRINGING A LINE OF STRONG TO SEVERE STORMS ACROSSTHE EDWARDS PLATEAU AND RIO GRANDE PLAINS. HEAVY RAIN IS LIKELYAND FLASH FLOODING IS POSSIBLE MAINLY ACROSS AREAROADS...UNDERPASSES...POOR DRAINAGE AREAS...AND SMALL CREEKS. AFLASH FLOOD WATCH COULD BE ISSUED FOR AREAS WEST OF HIGHWAY 83LATER TONIGHT OR THURSDAY.
View Quote

Lovely.

I was hoping it would dry out enough today/tomorrow to maybe mow the yard.

Ground was a squishy sponge this afternoon....not a chance.

When the rains come Thursday it's pretty much going to be 95% run off.  

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 5:44:55 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Sam Rayburn Reserviour which is the largest lake wholey contained in the state of TX and is in East, TX  is 8 feet above pool. I'm assuming the power generation gates are open 100% and have been for a while now.
View Quote

They are... The Neches is flooding bad between the dam at Rayburn and the dam at Dam-B. The spillway at Dam-B was opened today and we got the voluntary evac message. Its bad.

On the plus, Rayburn fishing has been AWESOME due to the flooded structure.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 5:50:26 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
They are... The Neches is flooding bad between the dam at Rayburn and the dam at Dam-B. The spillway at Dam-B was opened today and we got the voluntary evac message. Its bad.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Sam Rayburn Reserviour which is the largest lake wholey contained in the state of TX and is in East, TX is 8 feet above pool. I'm assuming the power generation gates are open 100% and have been for a while now.

Y'all stay safe.
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top