View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

They're also delicious.  
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 5:08:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
"Yeah in the beginning it's all 'ooh' and 'aah".  Later comes the running and screaming"
View Quote

I'm having prom flashbacks...
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 5:14:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

DOVER, Delaware (AP) -- Several flesh-eating pet lizards were found feasting on the corpse of their owner in his apartment, police said.
Police were called to Ronald Huff's apartment in Newark, Delaware, on Wednesday after a relative became worried because Huff failed to show up for work, investigators said.
Officers found Huff's body on the floor, with his pet Nile monitor lizards feeding on his flesh. The state medical examiner is investigating the cause of death. Huff, 42, had last been seen Sunday, New Castle County police said.
Workers with the Delaware Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals recovered seven lizards, the largest measuring 6 feet long and weighing 25 pounds. "They're alive and well," said SPCA director John Caldwell. He added that one of the reptiles recovered was acting aggressively, "actually going toward you, mouth open."
Caldwell said the lizards have small but very sharp teeth and muscular, whip-like tails that can seriously injure a person. In the wild, they eat eggs, birds and other animals. The SPCA will try to place the lizards with zoos or educational groups, Caldwell said. Barring that, they will have to be euthanized due to the inability to properly care for and house the lizards.
The lizards are considered exotic pets in Delaware and cannot be acquired without a permit from the state Department of Agriculture. State veterinarian Dr. H.W. Towers said the department stopped issuing such permits for New Castle County residents in 1997 after the county passed an ordinance to stop the proliferation of exotic pets.
Caldwell said he was told that Huff was granted an exotic pet permit several years ago. Towers said he didn't know, however, if Huff had permits for all the lizards. "If somebody had come for seven monitor lizards, somebody would have said something to me," Towers said.

Umm...you do know that house cats will eat you too once your dead ??

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/26/2015 5:15:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Pet Great White Shark

Link Posted: 5/26/2015 5:16:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
There are some of the smaller exotic cats I wouldn't mind keeping, like an ocelot or serval, maybe even a cheetah. But nothing bigger than I am. Newp.

I'd like a fennec fox

http://www.barnorama.com/wp-content/images/2013/01/Fennec-Fox/09-Fennec-Fox.jpg

That's what I'd get

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 5:27:50 PM EDT
[#6]
I'd like a sloth.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 5:31:19 PM EDT
[#7]
View Quote

My ex made noises like that, surprised her head did not do a 360.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 6:06:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Pet Great White Shark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7yTRVfztRQ
View Quote

Nope. Nope, nope, nope. NOOOOOOPE.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 3:24:06 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Pet Great White Shark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7yTRVfztRQ
View Quote

Ummmm.....NO!

But if someone has to do that, at least light a M-80 and drop it in its' mouth.

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 5:37:56 AM EDT
[#10]
I knew a girl that had a caiman crocodile as a pet it was about 4 ft long.  She would let the damn thing run around the house loose at times.  Been around a lot of people that have had snakes for pets.  A guy that used to own a pawn shop locally had a pet bobcat.  The people who once owned our local Harley dealership had some big cats like a leopard or jaguar and a panther.  A guy my uncle grew up with had a pet mountain loin as a kid, I've heard a lot of people who knew that family tell stories about seeing a little kid with a mountain lion.  

I will just stay with the simple stuff like dogs and goldfish.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:37:37 AM EDT
[#11]
I have had sugar gliders before. I also had a ball python for a couple years. I knew a girl that had a full blooded wolf when she was little. Thing was huge and ridiculously protective of the girl. As long as you left her alone, it was like a very large friendly dog.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:12:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Had a raccoon at two different times growing up.  One was fucking awesome, the other was an asshole.  The awesome one was an adolescent one when we found him after a rainstorm on the deck.  Brought him inside, dried him off, fed him, and he returned all our affection.  Took to the kitty litter quite well and lived for about 3 years before he died of some infection no vet clinic's would treat because he was a "wild" animal.  The other one was nearly a new born that we nursed, but at about a year she turned absolutely berserk.  Ended up killing that one.  

The pet that I want the most is an otter (or two).
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:14:32 AM EDT
[#13]
I want a pet beaver, I would name hime Mr. Diddles
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:19:03 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

DOVER, Delaware (AP) -- Several flesh-eating pet lizards were found feasting on the corpse of their owner in his apartment, police said.

Police were called to Ronald Huff's apartment in Newark, Delaware, on Wednesday after a relative became worried because Huff failed to show up for work, investigators said.

Officers found Huff's body on the floor, with his pet Nile monitor lizards feeding on his flesh. The state medical examiner is investigating the cause of death. Huff, 42, had last been seen Sunday, New Castle County police said.

Workers with the Delaware Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals recovered seven lizards, the largest measuring 6 feet long and weighing 25 pounds. "They're alive and well," said SPCA director John Caldwell. He added that one of the reptiles recovered was acting aggressively, "actually going toward you, mouth open."

Caldwell said the lizards have small but very sharp teeth and muscular, whip-like tails that can seriously injure a person. In the wild, they eat eggs, birds and other animals. The SPCA will try to place the lizards with zoos or educational groups, Caldwell said. Barring that, they will have to be euthanized due to the inability to properly care for and house the lizards.

The lizards are considered exotic pets in Delaware and cannot be acquired without a permit from the state Department of Agriculture. State veterinarian Dr. H.W. Towers said the department stopped issuing such permits for New Castle County residents in 1997 after the county passed an ordinance to stop the proliferation of exotic pets.

Caldwell said he was told that Huff was granted an exotic pet permit several years ago. Towers said he didn't know, however, if Huff had permits for all the lizards. "If somebody had come for seven monitor lizards, somebody would have said something to me," Towers said.

View Quote
Had a 6ft Nile monitor. It was the devil. Meanest quickest hardest biting sharpest teeth and claws terror. I will bite straight through welding gloves. I have know people with huge retics, even a guy who had a cayman crock, chimp and Panther. I would take them all on before cleaning floyds cage out again.

Link Posted: 5/29/2015 10:40:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I want a pet beaver, I would name hime Mr. Diddles
View Quote

Beaver on a leash. Weird.

Link Posted: 5/29/2015 11:13:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 11:35:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Wife and I had Sugar Gliders for about 5 years.  Fun and affectionate, but high maintenance and stinky.  Ended up giving them to a friend who was a licensed breeder.

Only exotic we have now is a Hedgehog named Spiny Norman, he's cool as hell.  Very affectionate, litter trained, and eats cat food.  My cat is terrified of him.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 11:39:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 11:54:43 PM EDT
[#19]
The Russians domesticated Red Foxes back in the 70s.
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 2:07:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Guess you can cross otters off the list. Talk about destructive.

Link Posted: 6/20/2015 2:22:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 1:47:40 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I'd like a red panda. I'd never go anywhere or do anything if I had a red panda. Only panda things all day, every day.
View Quote

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top