User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 12:49:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 12:51:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

This story is setting off my bullshit-o-meter as well.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A celibrity seeking veteran who has turned his fame into a fortune with a none-to-accurate bok and a fictional movie meets a politician in a highly unlikely feel good story pushed out by publicists?  Zero chance of bullshit there.

I bet an amputee E-4 truck driver who had showed up at the governor's mansion demanding to see the governor would have gotten a nice intro to the criminal justice system.

Sounds too good to be true.

I hope it is. But I very much doubt it.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 12:51:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Yeah, because this Liberal Douchefag you guys have elected in Virginia would make a great POTUS, right?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Perry is a good man and has my vote.  Seriously, what does being able to speak impromtu in front of a camera have to do with being a good President?

Impromptu?

WTF, is that revisionist Texas history or something?

He froze in a nationally televised GOP debate for goodness sake.

Sorry but that's when you bring your A-game. He failed miserably and justly suffered for it.

In before the pain med apologists. Don't care.

Yeah, because this Liberal Douchefag you guys have elected in Virginia would make a great POTUS, right?

Is that all you got there Cletus?

Yawn.

Who do you have to blame for your state's recent influx of liberal former CA residents?.....Oh that would be from all those Perry invites wouldn't it?
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 12:52:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I think too many here are taking that article too literally.

There is probably .0012% of fact to it.

Like a lot of stuff in life, if you don't hear it from the horses mouth, it probably isn't 100% truth.

This is what I read:

He knows Rick Perry, they have a personal relationship.

Perry helped him out and I respect him for that.

They are buddies.

Don't read too much into it.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 12:52:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
A celibrity seeking veteran who has turned his fame into a fortune with a none-to-accurate bok and a fictional movie meets a politician in a highly unlikely feel good story pushed out by publicists?  Zero chance of bullshit there.

I bet an amputee E-4 truck driver who had showed up at the governor's mansion demanding to see the governor would have gotten a nice intro to the criminal justice system.
View Quote

I would bet you are wrong...

Romney did many things for vets that were never publicized nor did he seek publicity for doing them... I wasn't a fan of the guy but again, part of the difference...
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 12:54:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Perry seems to be like W.

He may occasionally do things that make you go but there is no denying he is a good man.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/24/2015 12:56:11 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I didn't remember Luttrell badmouthing his father in LONE SURVIVOR.  I pulled out my copy and reread several passages about his growing up and he speaks well of his father and the values that his father instilled in him.
View Quote
I just did the same thing!  That struck me as very odd as well.

I believe some contractors built him (and his brother) an entire house on their parents ranch didn't they - like shortly after the ordeal in 05?
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 12:59:09 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

View Quote

This.

Conspicuously timed feelz fishing is conspicuous.

Link Posted: 5/24/2015 1:02:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Perry seems to be like W.

He may occasionally do things that make you go but there is no denying he is a good man.
View Quote

This is what I was going to say.  Both men are class acts.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 1:02:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Great story. Perry is still on my short list for President.
View Quote

Same here.

He does have to perform much better than 2012, but I expect that he will.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 1:02:31 PM EDT
[#11]
I've personally seen Governor Perry deliver excellent impromptu talks.

While I respect his efforts, he really shouldn't have made the go he did after his surgery.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 1:17:35 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The article is in the Washington Post.  It is a reputable paper that does a lot of fact checking before publishing an article.  Some have let the world turn them cynical and thats a shame.

Link Posted: 5/24/2015 1:18:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 1:21:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Saving the presidency from 4 more years of the community organizer was a noble cause.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

While I respect his efforts, he really shouldn't have made the go he did after his surgery.

Saving the presidency from 4 more years of the community organizer was a noble cause.  

I don't disagree one bit, it's just a damned shame it gave the mouth breathers a flub to so wholeheartedly embrace. Then again I guess it's always something with those types.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 1:29:29 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I agree

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Perry is a good man and has my vote.  Seriously, what does being able to speak impromtu in front of a camera have to do with being a good President?
I agree

It has a lot to do with it.  First it has to do with winning the election, it's hard to be a good POTUS if you can't win the election.  

But a POTUS must sell his agenda to the American people.  It was one of GWB's big failings.  If you can't speak effectively, both off the cuff and reading a speech, you're not going to be that effective of a leader because the other side will turn the people against your agenda.

Look at Bill Clinton and Ronald Reagan if you good examples.  Both used their oratory skill to keep the American people on their side and their opposition at bay.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 1:33:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Yawn.

Who do you have to blame for your state's recent influx of liberal former CA residents?.....Oh that would be from all those Perry invites wouldn't it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Impromptu?

Sorry but that's when you bring your A-game. He failed miserably and justly suffered for it.

Yawn.

LMAO!! Hey Mary, I was born and raised in Virginia, and am embarrassed to even admit it now, given the bright Blue hue you guys now give off.  I bet you can't want until your chosen overloads start their "Ready for Hitlery" campaign so you can get a photo op with both of them.  

Link Posted: 5/24/2015 1:45:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The article is in the Washington Post.  It is a reputable paper that does a lot of fact checking before publishing an article.  Some have let the world turn them cynical and thats a shame.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So if the Washington Post is reputable, and they're laying it out that Luttrell's family abandoned him:

When I came into the Perry family, it was one of those deals where it was the only family I had,” said Luttrell, who was born in Houston and grew up in Texas near the Oklahoma border. “I didn’t have that father figure growing up like that

Then was the editor of Lone Survivor incorrect when they laid it out that the family was a caring one, holding vigils for Marcus while he went through his ordeal?

Link Posted: 5/24/2015 1:46:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Then again I guess it's always something with those types.
View Quote

Now you're getting it.  
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 1:57:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Impromptu?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Impromptu?

IKR? like, this guy was a much better choice

Link Posted: 5/24/2015 2:29:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Perry is good people.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 3:19:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 3:21:24 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Perry is good people.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/24/2015 3:23:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Impromptu?

http://rlv.zcache.com/the_man_in_the_arena_poster-re6ed691a2038489a9086e76f7ed67522_w2u_8byvr_512.jpg

Exactly, sir.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 9:46:42 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Serious question?  

It's obvious you hold some enmity for the guy.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, let's start with quiet professional. With a poorly written book. And a badly acted movie.  Super quiet.

Needs help, why?  Serious question on that one.  Many guys get broken and get out of the military and somehow are able to to stand on their own two feet.

Serious question?  

It's obvious you hold some enmity for the guy.  

The book is a poorly written fiction novel.  He is capitalizing on that.  Enmity? No.  Tired of a hero worship on a guy who by some accounts was part of a 4 man seal team who couldn't take out a 8 man insurgent team.  Meh.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 12:16:59 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Does anyone bother to read the articles?

They met in San Diego before Operation Red Wing.

View Quote

Reading is for suckers you know...quite a few need to read the article before making a post..
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 12:34:04 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

That's awesome.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/25/2015 2:09:18 AM EDT
[#27]
Classy.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 2:14:18 AM EDT
[#28]
Jingosim and fish tales.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 2:19:31 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

http://www.ammoland.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Anti-Gun-Democrat-Governor-Mcauliffe-Laughing-it-up-with-Race-Baiter-Al-Sharpton.jpghttp://
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Impromptu?

http://www.ammoland.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Anti-Gun-Democrat-Governor-Mcauliffe-Laughing-it-up-with-Race-Baiter-Al-Sharpton.jpghttp://

I didnt vote for the cocksucker. You can blame the idiots who though Cuch was going to ban teh sexorz, the RINO statists who denied funding, and the democrat funded liberaltarian spoiler for that.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 2:20:30 AM EDT
[#30]
Texas

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 2:22:55 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You know the guy personally, what is your honest assessment of him? He wouldn't be my first choice for prez but I would be happy to vote for him if he got the nomination.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 8:33:23 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 8:55:41 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 9:54:58 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Ah.  So he's too much of a pussy for you.

Got it.  

Now I remember why you're on my ignore list.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The book is a poorly written fiction novel.  He is capitalizing on that.  Enmity? No.  Tired of a hero worship on a guy who by some accounts was part of a 4 man seal team who couldn't take out a 8 man insurgent team.  Meh.

Got it.  

Considering his report was for 20-30, the MOH aard for the LT was 40-50, the book he "wrote" said 100-150, and now when he gives speach it is a nice even 200 insurgents who attacked him and he survived the battle with...  take everything he says with a grain of salt.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 11:52:41 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 11:57:42 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
IMO, the book and movie has been a nice boost to all things military.  Don't slap your mama on Memorial Day, as there will always be guys like you that don't quite see the whole picture.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Got it.  

Considering his report was for 20-30, the MOH aard for the LT was 40-50, the book he "wrote" said 100-150, and now when he gives speach it is a nice even 200 insurgents who attacked him and he survived the battle with...  take everything he says with a grain of salt.

IMO, the book and movie has been a nice boost to all things military.  Don't slap your mama on Memorial Day, as there will always be guys like you that don't quite see the whole picture.

LOL.  Because making shit up is going to improve how the military is viewed.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 12:01:00 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

View Quote
What about that Jessica Lynch lady that gunned down an entire battalion of Iraqis? I read her citation too.

Link Posted: 5/25/2015 12:02:25 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Perry's got snap, can shoot sub-minute groups, has flown himself 7,000 or so hours in everything from a Piper Cub to a C-130 (takes lots of snap).  His wife Anita has equally good snap.  

I predict that espousers of freedom will delight in his type of Executive Orders.

ETA - He's in great physical shape, bounced back nicely from the back surgery and busted collar bone and can knock out 20 pull-ups.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You know the guy personally, what is your honest assessment of him? He wouldn't be my first choice for prez but I would be happy to vote for him if he got the nomination.

Perry's got snap, can shoot sub-minute groups, has flown himself 7,000 or so hours in everything from a Piper Cub to a C-130 (takes lots of snap).  His wife Anita has equally good snap.  

I predict that espousers of freedom will delight in his type of Executive Orders.

ETA - He's in great physical shape, bounced back nicely from the back surgery and busted collar bone and can knock out 20 pull-ups.

It's great that he can shoot and stuff.

But aren't we kind of against Executive Orders?

Link Posted: 5/25/2015 12:07:46 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

What about that Jessica Lynch lady that gunned down an entire battalion of Iraqis? I read her citation too.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Same same.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 12:08:33 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 12:11:41 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Executive Order should be able to undo an Executive Order ... big picture stuff again.

View Quote

The big picture clearly being that EO are just as good as ED in the big picture.  Doesn't matter who does it, either our guy or theirs.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 12:18:26 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 12:20:38 PM EDT
[#43]
Screw the Perry haters.  While not a "perfect" governor, IIRC the man never saw a pro gun bill he didn't like.  I'm sure as shit glad he was governor all from 2000 through 2014 instead of some douche fucking bag democrat.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 12:21:42 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
I can tell by your tone that you believe returning soldiers that could use a leg up better not dare to phone a friend.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Why does that quiet professional need help?

I can tell by your tone that you believe returning soldiers that could use a leg up better not dare to phone a friend.

_lol_
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 12:26:18 PM EDT
[#45]
Before Perry was a candidate for POTUS, he was the most popular, longest-serving governor of Texas.  Prior to that he was a rancher.  Prior to that he was an Air Force Pilot.  Prior to that, he was a highly-regarded member of the Texas Aggie Corps of Cadets.  Prior to that he reached the rank of Eagle Scout.

There is not a single critic of him out there fit to clean his toilets.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 12:26:26 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Look what happened when we elected the best TelePrompter reader.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Perry seems like a good man.  I don't know what happened during the presidential debates.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
He's not that good of an impromptu speaker.  That does not equate to being a bad leader or a bad person, though, no matter how much the media would like to make us think so.

Look what happened when we elected the best TelePrompter reader.

This!
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 12:28:12 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Before Perry was a candidate for POTUS, he was the most popular, longest-serving governor of Texas.  Prior to that he was a rancher.  Prior to that he was an Air Force Pilot.  Prior to that, he was a highly-regarded member of the Texas Aggie Corps of Cadets.  Prior to that he reached the rank of Eagle Scout.

View Quote
I know shitheads that can check most if not all of those boxes. Titles and prior held positions are meaningless.

Link Posted: 5/25/2015 12:37:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 12:46:43 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Beats community organizer ... oh wait.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I know shitheads that can check most if not all of those boxes. Titles and prior held positions are meaningless.

Beats community organizer ... oh wait.
"Better than Obama" has not worked for two elections now. Between that and "there is no perfect candidate" the GOP has more ass covering for poor electoral decisions than actual work put into finding good candidates. Running previously failed candidates is a horrid election strategy no matter what accolades are thrown to the captive base. It's not that Rick Perry is a bad person, in fact he is probably a great guy, but he is not the person any rational campaign strategist would run. Especially when paired with jingoistic stories about a pariah that can't even get his story straight. Even if Rick Perry was the dream team candidate for POTUS having him paired up with Glenn Beck's pet soldier is a horrible idea for media exposure. The people such a story appeals to are going to vote for him anyway, and the people it turns off are swing voters and people that analyze things for more than a sound bite. When stories contain statements that have no factual backing the entire article, and the motives behind it, become suspect to the very people that are the deciding vote casters.

Link Posted: 5/25/2015 12:49:11 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

For Fuck Sake!  What idiot without those accomplishments would you rather have as Governor or POTUS?  The crack smoking bug chasing faggot that's in the WH now?

Put your shit out there when you sign on as candidate and maybe we will talk.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top