Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 9:32:28 AM EDT
[#1]
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science/space/7631252/Stephen-Hawking-alien-life-is-out-there-scientist-warns.html

"Hawking says that in a universe with 100 billion galaxies, each containing hundreds of millions of stars, it is unlikely that earth is the only place where life has evolved."
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 9:33:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Over active imaginations, natural phenomena, and military aircraft are 99% of what people claim to be so called UFO's.  There is that 1% of stuff that cannot be explained.  That's not to say it's little green men but it fits the literal definition of a UFO.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 9:41:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes. Just once. Don't know if it qualified as alien or just my bad eyesight. Maybe both.  I have written about it before here in a spooky thread, years ago I think.  I'll revisit this thread after a bit and follow up with a detailed story. On mobile.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 9:50:49 AM EDT
[#4]
There is a common idea that if aliens are the source of UFOs, why aren't they hostile if they have the tech to get here. But what if that intelligent life form doesn't kill each other, like we do?
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 10:00:56 AM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

There is a common idea that if aliens are the source of UFOs, why aren't they hostile if they have the tech to get here. But what if that intelligent life form doesn't kill each other, like we do?
View Quote
Do you go around all day stomping on ants?

If they exist, I'm sure we're less significant to them than we see ourselves towards bacteria.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 10:28:19 AM EDT
[#6]
They're here. Can't tell you how I know but I know.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 10:34:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Mostly mis-identification of .mil aircraft and natural phenomena.  However, even some of the NASA astronauts saw things that they described as being alien technology, etc.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 10:44:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Right so it goes like this.  I can't claim that what I saw was Aliens or anything significant for that matter.  It could have been my eyes playing tricks on me, or it was eye fatigue, or maybe I made a mistake and identified one common place thing as unusual when it wasn't.   That disclaimer said..

I have a lot of hobbies and sometimes they shift around depending on my level of interest at the time.  At this particular point in my life I had just discovered RC planes and was on a serious kick about them.  It was a nice Saturday and that previous week I had just gotten in a Parkzone Micro-Cessna, it's a tiny little plane made for indoors but you can fly it outside if the wind isn't that heavy.  Anyway, so I took this plane to my local park.  It has a lot of grassy open space, miles of forested trails, a lake and a few gazebos scattered here and there.  It was a bright sunny day without a cloud in the sky, deep blue sky and a light breeze.

I was flying the plane around in a lazy circle and I passed it over my head.  That's when I saw a tiny little white sphere.  It looked like a white BB way up in the sky.  I thought to myself, that's really strange, and I put my attention back over to the airplane.  I flew it back around and landed it.  I then tried to reacquire the little white sphere.  I found it after a lot of looking, it had moved (I think, it's hard to tell when things are almost directly over you) North to my position.  Then, it started to do the weirdest thing - it started to do loops, each loop was wider and wider than the other one.  These loops were horizontal, not vertical (just to clarify), it performed about 5 of these loops when suddenly at the top of the arc the little white sphere shot up at a great velocity straight up into the sky and vanished from view.

My then girlfriend (now wife) was there with me and couldn't see it.  It was difficult to see so I'm not surprised she missed it.

Still, it could have been my tired eyes coming up with something - staring at a tiny airplane against a bright blue background isn't easy on the eyes, maybe it was a puffball from a plant caught in an air-current? perhaps it was a white balloon from some kids party that got loose? I have no idea.

Bottom line is that I had a weird "UFO" experience.  I wouldn't believe it if you had told me about it until I experienced it myself.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 11:16:43 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm with the majority
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 12:59:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Acid, mental illness, stress, and lil green men!
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 1:05:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Ball lightning also accounts for a lot of these sightings.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 1:12:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Experimental aircraft.

Venus.

Regular aircraft.

Drugs.

Balloons.

Many many possible explanations that are much more likely than Aliens.  

I do believe Alien life exists.  Possibly even within our solar system.  But it isn't intelligent.  I hope intelligent Alien life exists out there... but if it does it is very unlikely it is anywhere near us and that they can get to us.  
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 3:13:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The incredible cases are explained: people seeing and believing what they want to see and believe.

Subjectivity is funny like that.
View Quote

What was the explanation for what happened to Echo Flight at Malmstrom in 1967?
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 7:24:23 PM EDT
[#14]
I was anally probed by an alien on Halloween.
Crazy coincidence, but at the time I had a  roommate and he went to a costume party as an alien that night.
What are the odes??
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 10:33:00 PM EDT
[#15]
I've always wanted to tie some bright lights to some helium balloons and let them go at night
my original idea was road flares but that would be a fire hazard.
maybe glow sticks but they're not really bright enough
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 11:17:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Yeah, all those guys guarding Malmstrom, Minot, FE Warren, Walker, and Whiteman AFBs are constantly drunk off their asses...

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Alchohol

Yeah, all those guys guarding Malmstrom, Minot, FE Warren, Walker, and Whiteman AFBs are constantly drunk off their asses...

lol

Link Posted: 5/24/2015 11:27:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Magnets
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 11:30:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Poll fail

No option for USAF / LM Skunk works projects. (That's what I think they are).
View Quote

This

all the poll options are
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top