Page / 3
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 9:22:58 PM EDT
[#1]
ALIENS!!  And I own page 2!!
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 9:25:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've witnessed a UFO. Same object, twice, about a year apart. No, I don't think it was aliens. My guess is some sort of hobby drone?

First time I saw it, I was walking to my apartment from the parking lot around midnight. I wasn't drinking. It looked like large V with a tail "hook" of some sort. The V made a triangle, with lighter gray points on the corners and a few on the tail. I'm guessing it was about as low as a small prop plane, but it was going faster than they do. No sound. At the time, I dismissed it as a formation of birds.

The second time I saw the object, it was flying in the opposite direction, basically over my head. It was also around midnight, I was out smoking a tobacco cigarette. The object looked the same as the time before, I remember it vividly. This time, there was no dismissing it as birds. I could clearly make out a structure. Once again, it was moving fast and with no sound. I saw it just as it came over the trees, and watched it until it left my view.

The whole experience, which I haven't told anyone I know personally for obvious reasons, has been pretty cool in my opinion. I would like to know what it is.

View Quote

When was this?
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 9:27:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
To anybody who think it's really aliens, can you tell us why?
View Quote

I don't know if it is aliens or not but I do believe space is just to vast for us to be the only life in it.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 9:30:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Anyone interested in the nature of UFOs should check out the book PASSPORT TO MAGONIA by Jaques Vallee.  Also read some of Jaques Vallee's papers concerning the subject.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 9:31:29 PM EDT
[#5]
You need a "none of the above" option.

I think it's a combination of lies, experimental aircraft, miss-identification of common aircraft, and most often I think it's a series of reflections of various lights that are refracted and reflected off of all the glass we surround ourselves with. How often do people say the see lights that speed up when they speed up and slow down when they slow down, and speed away when they get out of their car to look. It's just reflections of lights that vary with the viewer's perspective.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 9:38:01 PM EDT
[#6]
I think the majority are just military aircraft mistaken for UFOs. I do think some of them could be something else though.

Oh and of course this
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 9:39:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I think it's a combination of lies, experimental aircraft, miss-identification of common aircraft, and most often I think it's a series of reflections of various lights that are refracted and reflected off of all the glass we surround ourselves with. How often do people say the see lights that speed up when they speed up and slow down when they slow down, and speed away when they get out of their car to look. It's just reflections of lights that vary with the viewer's perspective.
View Quote

Option 3 covers that.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 9:39:36 PM EDT
[#8]
I remember reading a thread with a video attached that contained an interview with a former area 51 scientist who claimed he had seen and worked on actual alien crafts.  It was pretty convincing at least.  The guy did not appear to be a nut job.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 9:43:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
idiots
View Quote

44%
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 9:47:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Back in the day...

Link Posted: 5/23/2015 9:49:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Big Foots dicking with us !
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 9:56:38 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
When was this?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I've witnessed a UFO. Same object, twice, about a year apart. No, I don't think it was aliens. My guess is some sort of hobby drone?

First time I saw it, I was walking to my apartment from the parking lot around midnight. I wasn't drinking. It looked like large V with a tail "hook" of some sort. The V made a triangle, with lighter gray points on the corners and a few on the tail. I'm guessing it was about as low as a small prop plane, but it was going faster than they do. No sound. At the time, I dismissed it as a formation of birds.
The second time I saw the object, it was flying in the opposite direction, basically over my head. It was also around midnight, I was out smoking a tobacco cigarette. The object looked the same as the time before, I remember it vividly. This time, there was no dismissing it as birds. I could clearly make out a structure. Once again, it was moving fast and with no sound. I saw it just as it came over the trees, and watched it until it left my view.
The whole experience, which I haven't told anyone I know personally for obvious reasons, has been pretty cool in my opinion. I would like to know what it is.

When was this?

The latest time was about 2 months ago. The first about 10-12 months before that.

ETA on the second viewing, I knew for certain it wasn't birds because I got a better look at it, no variance in the "structure."
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 10:06:43 PM EDT
[#13]
naive idiots.

If they're real, prove it, shoot down a ship and show me the wreckage
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 10:09:34 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

naive idiots.

If they're real, prove it, shoot down a ship and show me the wreckage
View Quote

Remember, UFO doesn't mean aliens. Not everyone believes.

Link Posted: 5/23/2015 10:14:16 PM EDT
[#15]

Very sympathetic of skeptics.

But perspective changes a bit if you have a close friend, reliable in all respects, no agenda,

who sees something odd.  

Friend one saw with great clarity "The Hudson Valley UFO,"

a very famous multiple sighting, in clear but fading light, and watched for several

minutes.  So as not to stretch credibility, I say simply that he says it was clearly

mechanical, complex, and not made here.  His mother was in the vehicle, she

is/was a devout Christian, and the sighting caused her and their family a lot of trouble.

Friend Two saw a brilliant light, bright as a magnesium flare.  He was driving

from San Diego to Los Angeles at about four in the morning.  The light

was bright enough to cause stark shadows. It zoomed west over the

Pacific, lighting the ocean beneath it, over the horizon, and then back.

He estimates total event time at about forty seconds.  Plausibility factor:

he is an extended family member, a physicist and quantitative analyst

who spent his entire life in the aerospace industry.  Family did not

know story until his wife revealed it.  I see him every now and then

at family events, he is in his eighties now, and he will describe every

detail.  Will freely admit he has no idea what it was, or could be.

Interesting: he is still a skeptic/agnostic, does not believe in UFO's

as artificial machines, prefers explanations involving unknown

particles/waves/physics.

An agnostic here.  But I would love to see one, and judge for myself.

Link Posted: 5/23/2015 10:16:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 10:17:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Poll fail; No Pie, poll must always include pie.

Rules ya' know
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 10:21:18 PM EDT
[#18]

Fort Dix / McGuire AFB Case

Date: January 18, 1978

The primary eyewitness in the case, Jeffrey Morse, alleged (i) that he had been working as a security policeman at McGuire AFB when he was notified about UFO activity over Fort Dix army base. (ii) Morse alleged that he heard that a non-human entity had been shot and he later saw the dead body of the entity lying on the ground on a disused runway at McGuire AFB.

Reconstruction of the Fort Dix incident. (credit: Michael Hesemann)

Eyewitness sketch of the dead extraterrestrial. (credit: Hesemann)

Eyewitness sketch of the base. (credit: Hesemann)

classification & features

Type of Case/Report: MajorCase

Hynek Classification: CE3

Special Features/Characteristics: Military, Humanoid/Occupant, Witness Sketch

more articles on this case

Preliminary Investigation into the Alleged Fatal Shooting of a Non-Human Entity at Fort Dix/McGuire Air Force Base

NIDS, National Institute for Discovery Science (Roger Pinson & Eric Davis)

NIDS conducted a preliminary investigation into the alleged January 18, 1978 fatal shooting of a non-human (?alien?) entity at Fort Dix/McGuire AFB in New Jersey.

The Fatal Encounter at Fort Dix/McGuire: A Case Study (Status Report IV)

Leonard Stringfield

The source, a sergeant in the Air Force Security Police at McGuire AFB, adds substantive information relative to the reported fatal encounter on January 18, 1978, between an alleged alien entity and a Ft. Dix MP and relates his firsthand observation, while on duty, when the slain entity was found on an abandoned runway at McGuire AFB.

Running Code: The Night the Alien Died

Richard Hall

Here is the story of the incident that literally changed the life of a conscientious young air policeman who was carrying on a family tradition of police service.

Alien Being Shot Dead by MPs

Richard Hall

Brief overview / summary of the case.

full report / article

Source: NIDS, National Institute for Discovery Science

The primary eyewitness in the case, Jeffrey Morse, alleged (i) that he had been working as a security policeman at McGuire AFB at 03.00 on January 18, 1978 when he was notified about UFO activity over Fort Dix army base that adjoined McGuire AFB. (ii) Morse alleged that he heard that a non-human entity had been shot and he later saw the dead body of the entity lying on the ground on a disused runway at McGuire AFB. (iii) The scene was rapidly cordoned off and the body was crated and flown to Wright-Patterson AFB (WPAFB) for examination. (iv)Morse himself, two days after the shooting incident, was allegedly summoned to WPAFB and interrogated about the event. He was warned to keep quiet and shortly thereafter was transferred to Okinawa, Japan.

(NIDS - National Institute for Discovery Science)

----------------------------------------------

Letter from sergeant Morse summarizing his experience and the incident:

In January of 1978, I was stationed at McGuire AFB, NJ. One evening, during the time frame of 0300hrs and 0500hrs., there were a number of UFO sightings in the area over the air field and Ft. Dix Army camp. I am a security policeman and was on routine patrol at the time. N.J. State Police, and Ft. Dix MPs were running code in the direction of Brownsville, NJ. A state trooper then entered gate #5 at the rear of the base requesting assistance and permission to enter. I was dispatched and the trooper wanted access to the runway area which led to the very back of the air field and connected with a heavily wooded area which is part of the Dix training area. He informed me that a Ft. Dix MP was pursueing (sic) a low flying object which then hovered over his car. He described it as oval shaped, with no details, and glowing with a blueish (sic) green color. His radio transmission was cut off. At that time in front of his police car, appeared a thing, about 4ft tall, grayish (sic), brown, fat head, long arms, and slender body. The MP panicked and fired five rounds from his .45 Cal into the thing, and one round into the object above. The object then fled straight up and joined with eleven others high in the sky. This we all saw but didn?t know the details at the time. Anyway, the thing ran into the woods towards our fenceline and they wanted to look for it. By this time several patrols were involved.

We found the body of the thing near the runway. It had apparently climbed the fence and died while running. It was all of a sudden hush-hush and no one was allowed near the area. We roped off the area and AF OSI came out and took over. That was the last I saw of it. There was a bad stench coming from it too. Like ammonia smelling but it wasn?t constent (sic) in the air. That day, a team from Wright-Patterson AFB came in a C141 and went to the area. They crated it in a wooden box, sprayed something over it, and then put it into a bigger metal container. They loaded it in the plane and took off. That was it, nothing more was said, no report made and we were all told not to have anything to say about it or we would be court martialed.

---------------

Morse, in subsequent conversations, revealed that two days after the incident he and others on duty at the scene were summoned to Wright Patterson AFB for interrogation, and each was transferred promptly to a separate base overseas.

The Fort Dix/McGuire case was also of interest because a prominent UFO investigator, George Filer, claimed to have been present at McGuire AFB on the morning of January 18, 1978. Mr. Filer told NIDS that he witnessed a commotion with red lights on one of the disused runways at McGuire when he arrived on the base at 4:00 AM. He further claimed that he heard from a Senior Master Sergeant at McGuire command post on the same morning that (i) UFO activity had been sighted by the control tower and on radar at neighboring Fort Dix and (ii) an alien had been shot that morning and that it had been found dead on the runway at McGuire.

Link Posted: 5/23/2015 10:25:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Alchohol
View Quote

Yeah, all those guys guarding Malmstrom, Minot, FE Warren, Walker, and Whiteman AFBs are constantly drunk off their asses...
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 10:25:57 PM EDT
[#20]
I will tell you all what my Son and I saw a few years ago...
Bright summer day. West Allis Wisconsin. On the expressway about a half mile from the Beloit Road exit.
Heading South, 55 mph.

My Son was looking up, and said...

Dad, what IS that ?

What it was, was a long silver squid shaped object. Pointed front, with spiral shaped tentacles.

The rear "tentacle" shaped section was SLOWLY rotating. Maybe 100 rpm.
I would guess it was 400 feet above the road. Moving 20 mph or so.

Similar size to a Bell Ranger helicopter.

As I was driving, I could only glance at it 2 or 3 times, for a few seconds.

We got home and each drew what we both saw. The drawings were very close.

Whatever it was, would definitely be unidentified.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 10:26:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Poll fail

No option for USAF / LM Skunk works projects. (That's what I think they are).
View Quote

I think that's the best of all explanations. Especially as much as they like to fuck with missiles.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 10:29:39 PM EDT
[#22]
With hobby drones becoming more advanced and widespread, I think we will see a surge in explainable sightings.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 10:34:28 PM EDT
[#23]
They were all part of Jade Helm

Prove me wrong
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 10:38:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Equal parts ignorance and lies.

Link Posted: 5/23/2015 10:39:13 PM EDT
[#25]
the one at Fort Dix was even in the local papers back then. two state troopers followed a large low flying object in the sky that passed over the parkway headed to towards a small local airport where we spotted and followed it thinking it was a blimp that got away from LNAS. the one we saw was huge at least 450 long by 300 feet wide and made no noise at all. the lights coming from the bottom of it were so bright you could not even see the beams from the 4 one million candle power KC daylighters on my truck
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 10:40:37 PM EDT
[#26]
There are some VERY compelling incident reports from UK bases re UFO activity.  Common',  it's either our skunk works fucking with them, or interstellar visitors.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 11:04:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Venus
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 11:07:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Venus
View Quote

A magnificent she-beast,  granted, but what does she have to do with this?
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 12:20:07 AM EDT
[#29]
There seems to be real physical phenomena but I don't think the thing itself is what it appears to be.  What people see has changed with what they expected to see.  Ancient people saw flying shields and canoes.  They experienced terrifying sexual experiences as well and believed it was demonic.  The UFO's people witnessed in modern times have changed as technology has changed as well as cultural influence.  The ships change, the way the aliens looked changed with modern times.  The notion of "aliens" itself is a new idea, the product of evolutionary thinking.  Which would explain why what people are seeing/experiencing has changed over the decades/centuries.

Another thing that makes it seem not material/alien but rather supernatural/spiritual is that the objects defy physical laws.  Things move and change direction in impossible ways.  That is a pretty good indicator that it's not a natural phenomenon.  Secondly, for all the reasons against rocks-to-people evolution. Thirdly, the notion that advanced life formed anywhere in the  vast reaches of space and somehow found us, reached us, evaded detection even in the age of smartphones, only to rape people, mutilate animals, all while telling their victims they're hear to help and carrying a New Age globalist message of peace is really quite absurd to me.  

I just read this Christian book, "Alien Intrusion" by Gary Bates, a couple months ago and it dealt with the whole subject really well on explaining it as a physical & supernatural thing.  Basically, angels could take physical form in the Bible.  There are fallen angels.  Our minds are open to deception such as in hypnosis - which connects to the common "missing time" thing.  So demons are tricking people's minds into thinking they're seeing a UFO, and the thing is physically there (hence photographs, radar detection), but you're not seeing/detecting it's real form.  Or, in abduction experiences, the person is experiencing a very real experience, even scratch marks and things, but what they see (little green men, whatever) isn't really what's happening to them. I can't remember how he dealt with the different evidence but I think that was the gist of his explanation.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 1:21:17 AM EDT
[#30]
Like the WMD I saw in Iraq, I saw a UFO...but didn't take a picture.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 1:38:38 AM EDT
[#31]
Liars, idiots, and crazy people.   That is the most likely explanation.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 1:55:10 AM EDT
[#32]
Night of the Leonid Meteor shower in 1998, saw four unlit "black triangles" flying low and fast in formation in north of Fort Worth, TX. Thought it was odd enough I wrote down the time and date.

Months later, I heard a caller on Art Bell tell a similar account. Same thing, same night. Found my note and he saw it 14 minutes before I did - over Kansas. I asked a retired test pilot at work about it, he just chuckled and said "yeah, there's a lot fast stuff folks they're working on."

Me, I think the majority of legit sightings are military experiments.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 2:06:11 AM EDT
[#33]
Who's to say option one and two aren't the same thing?
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 2:21:19 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Night of the Leonid Meteor shower in 1998, saw four unlit "black triangles" flying low and fast in formation in north of Fort Worth, TX. Thought it was odd enough I wrote down the time and date.

Months later, I heard a caller on Art Bell tell a similar account. Same thing, same night. Found my note and he saw it 14 minutes before I did - over Kansas. I asked a retired test pilot at work about it, he just chuckled and said "yeah, there's a lot fast stuff folks they're working on."

View Quote

F-117s?
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 2:34:42 AM EDT
[#35]
Divorced needy women and drunk hunters.
Lenticular clouds.
If you live within a 100 mile radius of a military base you might see some
weird stuff.

Helicopters on the horizon while the sun is going down over a lake or a major
river.
The list goes on and on.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 2:56:16 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

F-117s?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

F-117s?

Not unless they put NOS, superchargers, and some Flowmaster Sonic Boom mufflers on 'em.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 3:05:00 AM EDT
[#37]

Drones have been in use by the govt for a very long time.

Remember how long the SR71 was kept secret? These high speed drones have been used for surveillance for decades. At night all you usually see is a light. Very easy to hide the true nature of the UFO.

Link Posted: 5/24/2015 3:52:43 AM EDT
[#38]

Link Posted: 5/24/2015 4:31:04 AM EDT
[#39]
Nephilim, obviously.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 4:58:01 AM EDT
[#40]
Nutjobs that want attention
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 5:03:38 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Option 3 covers that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Option 3 covers that.

Yes I suppose so, adding of course that a lot of people are probably outright lying.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 5:09:56 AM EDT
[#42]
Unless there has been a flood of sighting lately, it seems that UFO sighting reached a peak in the 80s. At that time (I was sort of into reading about them back then) the gold standard for it being a UFO was that "civilian radar saw nothing!"  This was mostly in the southwest area.

Then lo and behold, stealth technology was reveled. Waan, wann. That pretty much explained 99% of the stuff that was "gold standard, had to be UFO sightings."

For these sorts of things, Occam's razor is quite appropriate to apply.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 5:11:21 AM EDT
[#43]
UFO's fall into the "I just don't know" column for me.

There have been a couple sightings from pretty credible sources over the years.

I also have a hard time believing we are alone in the universe.

Most stories are crap, though. I fervently believe THAT.

So far as I know, I've never seen one.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 5:23:16 AM EDT
[#44]
turn like a wheel inside wheel, good description for a bunch of sheep herders a few thousand yrs ago.

if it has lights = man made, is my gut feeling.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 6:24:24 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Liars, idiots, and crazy people.   That is the most likely explanation.
View Quote

So you are saying people who take Coast to Coast AM as the gospel truth?
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 6:46:01 AM EDT
[#46]
That people are sometimes unable to accurately identify what they see in the sky.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 7:43:57 AM EDT
[#47]
While I have no proff. It wouldn't surprise me if there was some far more advanced life form's in the universe. Having said that. Just like we have sent space probes to other planets. They could be doing it to. Maybe I just watch to much sci-fi.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 8:07:17 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Unless there has been a flood of sighting lately, it seems that UFO sighting reached a peak in the 80s. At that time (I was sort of into reading about them back then) the gold standard for it being a UFO was that "civilian radar saw nothing!"  This was mostly in the southwest area.
Then lo and behold, stealth technology was reveled. Waan, wann. That pretty much explained 99% of the stuff that was "gold standard, had to be UFO sightings."
For these sorts of things, Occam's razor is quite appropriate to apply.
View Quote

It does surprise me that in an era where damned near everyone is carrying some form of camera, we seem to hear about UFO sightings less than ever.

Then again maybe it's because everyone is staring at their damned phone instead.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 9:22:21 AM EDT
[#49]
The incredible cases are explained: people seeing and believing what they want to see and believe.

Subjectivity is funny like that.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 9:27:22 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I've told this a couple of times here.

March in '01. Perfectly clear, cool morning. Not a cloud, no breeze. About 10:00 a.m. I turned on to an empty road to get to a warehouse to make a delivery. As soon as I made the turn I saw this.. thing.. about 500 feet in the air slowly moving from south to north. I stopped for about 10 seconds just looking at it then floored the truck to get to the warehouse.

I ran in there and told the two guys who worked on the dock to come look at it. We all ran back out and watched it go slowly by. It was going maybe 20 - 30 mph.

It was a sphere that was a gold color that had five cylindrical pods attached. The pods were all different colors; red, blue, green, purple, orange-ish.

It was rotating as it moved and not just rotating in one direction. Randomly, or changing. There was no sound coming from it.

That area was flat open farm land so it's hard to say how far away it was. We agreed it must have been 1/4 mile or less. We thought those pods must have each been about the size of a mini-van.

We stood there and watched it tumble on by until it got too small to see.

It was weird and I don't know what the hell it was.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've seen two things traveling in the air that I couldn't identify.  The first probably was something easily explained. I don't know. The second was extremely weird and I don't think can be explained as anything earthly.

Do elaborate.

I've told this a couple of times here.

March in '01. Perfectly clear, cool morning. Not a cloud, no breeze. About 10:00 a.m. I turned on to an empty road to get to a warehouse to make a delivery. As soon as I made the turn I saw this.. thing.. about 500 feet in the air slowly moving from south to north. I stopped for about 10 seconds just looking at it then floored the truck to get to the warehouse.

I ran in there and told the two guys who worked on the dock to come look at it. We all ran back out and watched it go slowly by. It was going maybe 20 - 30 mph.

It was a sphere that was a gold color that had five cylindrical pods attached. The pods were all different colors; red, blue, green, purple, orange-ish.

It was rotating as it moved and not just rotating in one direction. Randomly, or changing. There was no sound coming from it.

That area was flat open farm land so it's hard to say how far away it was. We agreed it must have been 1/4 mile or less. We thought those pods must have each been about the size of a mini-van.

We stood there and watched it tumble on by until it got too small to see.

It was weird and I don't know what the hell it was.

Sounds like a military drone undergoing a test flight.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top