Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/23/2015 1:33:20 PM EDT
http://www.ksat.com/content/pns/ksat/news/2015/05/22/service-dog-abandoned--left-for-dead.html

Service dog abandoned, left for dead

SAN ANTONIO - A 3-year-old service dog was recently found alone and injured after being abandoned by a veteran who said she could no longer financially care for her dog.
Rainie, who was trained by the “Train A Dog, Save a Warrior” program in 2013, was ultimately given to the veteran and her husband in 2014.
Just days ago, Rainie was found abandoned, lifeless and alone.

“She had just been hit by a car,” said Jarrod McGee, one of the good Samaritans who found Rainie. “It was raining, it was dark, she had strange men standing over her, and she didn't fight, she didn't struggle. She had just the perfect demeanor."

McGee immediately took Rainie to an emergency pet clinic, where she was stabilized. Three days later, she was moved to a private facility.

“It is heartbreaking, especially this dog,” said Bart Sherwood, with TADSAW. “I followed her and I remember her when she went through the public access test, and I was really touched by how well behaved she was and the appearance she had with her veteran."

Unable to ever be a service dog again, the hope for Rainie now is to survive and find a new, loving home, where she'll never be abandoned again.

“She's a warrior, just like the warrior she was helping,” said Patsy Swendson, with TADSAW. “And I totally believe she's going make it and she's going to provide someone a great little companion.”

Rainie suffered multiple injuries and will require surgery in the future. Swendson said they are hoping to raise money for her care.

I wish they would release the name of this useless cunt and her attorney husband.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 1:36:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Bitch should do time.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 1:37:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I hope that dog gets a home where she never has to worry about anything but where the tennis ball is for the rest of her life.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 1:37:21 PM EDT
[#3]
This makes me very angry.

Link Posted: 5/23/2015 1:38:04 PM EDT
[#4]
I say run over the vet and abandon her in syria
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 1:38:29 PM EDT
[#5]
That's pretty infuriating... What kind of piece of shit person would take a servise dog, to then throw the animal away to die?
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 1:40:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I hope that dog gets a home where she never has to worry about anything but where the tennis ball is for the rest of her life.
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 1:40:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Bitch should do time.
View Quote

In Iraq.

Stupid useless bitch should have turned the dog back in to the organization that gave it to her, not just kick it to the curb. Shit like this is why 9 times out of 10 I feel more sympathy for an animal than a human.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 1:43:17 PM EDT
[#8]

The Armed Forces are filled with the exact same ratio of decent people to shitbags as the rest of the country.

That dog deserves much better.

Link Posted: 5/23/2015 1:45:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The Armed Forces are filled with the exact same ratio of decent people to shitbags as the rest of the country.

View Quote

Yup
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 1:46:58 PM EDT
[#10]
If she couldn't care for it, if she was that destitute, then the training organization would have taken it back.

But just to abandon it? Wow.

But as GD has shown, some people just think of them as a thing that can be thrown away.  I don't see her as being all that different from a lot of people here.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 1:47:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 1:51:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 1:55:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Am I in before our own arfcom "shitbag" ratio, "dogs are just property and you're a stupid city slicker" brigade?
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 2:00:59 PM EDT
[#14]
There's a lot of worthless people in the world, regardless of their "status."

Somebody will post this on 4chan and someone will find out who this veteran is..
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 12:35:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
If there was ever a way to revoke someone's veteran status I'd say that was worthy of it - and I'd love to know what the "veteran" was alleging was her "disability".
View Quote

Excellent point.
I also wonder about the shit bag attorney husband.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 12:50:40 PM EDT
[#16]
An interesting lack of information in the article.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 12:54:00 PM EDT
[#17]
I have no use for a person who could do that to a dog. I hope karma comes around to that "veteran".
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 12:58:21 PM EDT
[#18]
When 'Feel good stories' go bad.  Bitch.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 1:00:14 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/24/2015 1:01:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Some people shouldn't have pets.  It's a lot of responsibility.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 1:02:24 PM EDT
[#21]
That vet needs to be taken out and hung on Monday at high noon.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 1:03:50 PM EDT
[#22]
I don't call women cunts very often

But wow. What a cunt
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 1:12:04 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm disagree pretty strongly against unneeded violence, especially against women. But if I found out my veteran wife abandoned the dog she was given for her "disability", bitch would get bitch slapped. And we'd go get the dog. What a cunt.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 1:13:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/24/2015 1:15:01 PM EDT
[#25]
The woman she was serving was a warrior? The fuck? Dog= warrior.   Veteran= bitch
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 1:17:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Fucking wook needs to be hazed.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 1:20:49 PM EDT
[#27]

I hope the dog heals up and gets a good home with a good family.

I hope the women gets cunt cancer.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top