Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/23/2015 12:19:17 AM EDT
Well, it is official. Two different bills legalizing civilian ownership of suppressors were passed on the 15th, and were sent to the governor's office to be signed in, and neither were. By the 5 day default, both are law as of 00:00 today! Congrats Vermont!

http://www.guns.com/2015/05/14/vermont-bill-to-allow-civilian-ownership-of-suppressors-in-final-stages/
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:20:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Well, it is official. Two different bills legalizing civilian ownership of suppressors were passed on the 15th, and were sent to the governor's office to be signed in, and neither were. By the 5 day default, both are law as of 00:00 today! Congrats Vermont!

http://www.guns.com/2015/05/14/vermont-bill-to-allow-civilian-ownership-of-suppressors-in-final-stages/
View Quote

Minnesota and Vermont on the same day! How awesome! Iowa, stop dragging ass.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:21:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Two in one day, that's awesome!
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:22:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:24:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Us Iowans aren't dragging ass, it's the stupid fucking Democrats.

We've been emailing, writing letters, calling in, showing up in person to get this shit through. Suppressors are the least of my concerns on the gun bill we have in now.

We've passed our bill through both houses 6 times this session, but now that it's in the final stages, fuckers won't bring it up for a final vote.

Fuck Democrats
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:26:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:28:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:37:03 AM EDT
[#7]
So, which one was the first of the two to take #40?
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:41:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Minnesnowta.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:42:44 AM EDT
[#9]
didn't know there was another today, congrats!
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:44:12 AM EDT
[#10]
There goes my wallet.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:44:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Minnesnowta.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Minnesnowta.

OP, if this info is correct, then time to edit your title.

Vermont #41

Either way, it is a win for both. I only hope that the other states will also allow this someday
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:45:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Nothing is official. The Governor still has to sign it, if he doesn't within 5 days from whenever it was sent to him then it becomes law automatically.

Nothing has been officially released that I am aware of. That article that you posted was from May 15th.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:46:35 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm stoked because a range that I go to frequently (moreso in the winter) is over in VT. I'll be over there in a few weeks when I get back from NV to do some pew pew pew.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:46:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Congratz to both of yuz !
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:47:57 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Nothing is official. The Governor still has to sign it, if he doesn't within 5 days from whenever it was sent to him then it becomes law automatically.

Nothing has been officially released that I am aware of. That article that you posted was from May 15th.
View Quote

It was sent on the 15th, law says 5 business days. Nothing happened today to either of the bills.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:48:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Lucky!
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:49:46 AM EDT
[#17]
So what? You ALL still have to go through the stupid NFA shit to legally own one!
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:50:14 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Me thinks maybe the OP prematurely detonated?
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:54:09 AM EDT
[#19]
Hell yea
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:55:09 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

It was sent on the 15th, law says 5 business days. Nothing happened today to either of the bills.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Governor could have Vetoed it and maybe it hasn't been released yet. Government works very slowly... I'll wait for official word before I start filling out paperwork.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:56:46 AM EDT
[#21]
I know what I want for my birthday!!!!!!!!!  We thought this one was dead.  It quickly got legs and passed  HAPPY
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:57:57 AM EDT
[#22]
If it has indeed passed we will get working on our dealer's license.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:58:22 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
So what? You ALL still have to go through the stupid NFA shit to legally own one!
View Quote

As opposed to what? You don't have to go through all the NFA stuff in Georgia? Last I checked... something going from illegal to legal in the gun world is a positive thing.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:58:44 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I know what I want for my birthday!!!!!!!!!  We thought this one was dead.  It quickly got legs and passed  HAPPY
View Quote

Well, thankfully General Dynamics dropped the J word and everyone decided it would be a good idea.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:59:34 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Well, thankfully General Dynamics dropped the J word and everyone decided it would be a good idea.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

All in the name of hearing conservation, being neighborly, and jobs jobs jobs...
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 1:03:35 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I'm stoked because a range that I go to frequently (moreso in the winter) is over in VT. I'll be over there in a few weeks when I get back from NV to do some pew pew pew.
View Quote

Don't you need permission from atf each time to bring it out of state? Seems like that would be kind of a pain just to go shoot across the line.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 1:04:18 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Don't you need permission from atf each time to bring it out of state? Seems like that would be kind of a pain just to go shoot across the line.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I gladly stand corrected!
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 1:05:14 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not for suppressors, and for other stuff you can just fax a form once a year. No hassle.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 1:06:46 AM EDT
[#29]
I'm not overly concerned about the "shooting range" language. My whole property is a shooting range.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 1:08:03 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Not for suppressors, and for other stuff you can just fax a form once a year. No hassle.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's awesome if indeed the case.

I better start brushing up on this stuff.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 1:10:01 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope. No permission required for cans. As for my SBR, I just send over a form once a year to bring it to Vermont. Takes two seconds to fill it out.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 1:18:11 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 1:26:00 AM EDT
[#33]

damn right!!! Come at me bro--  I'm guessing Schummy was too busy endorsing Hilldog to veto this one... I'm thinking my neighbors will approve.  Hooray for boobies, btw
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 1:30:59 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope.

You have to do forms for SBR/SBS, not for suppressors.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 1:42:17 AM EDT
[#35]
So Vermont guys, who wants to shoot when I get back? I'm sure I can round up some of my other NH NFA friends and we can let ya test out some cans before ya decide to buy....
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 1:42:50 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Nope.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope.

Don't forget machine guns. You have to send the form for those guys too.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 1:43:14 AM EDT
[#37]
Like everyone says about Texas passing open carry (has yet to be signed by governor)

YOUR STATE WILL NOW BE AS FREE AS MINE!!!

Link Posted: 5/23/2015 1:46:55 AM EDT
[#38]
Awesome! FUCK OBAMA!
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 1:47:43 AM EDT
[#39]
I'm so excited, it's like Christmas.

My wallet is going to be sore

Also, I give credit to GOCRA for making this happen.  They are a great group and really worked their tails off the last couple of years fighting against gun control after Sandy Hook then going right on the offensive with this bill.  I never thought in a million years Mark Dayton would sign a suppressor bill (the guy vetoed a bill legalizing fireworks for safety concerns ) but I'm not complaining.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 1:48:38 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Like everyone says about Texas passing open carry (has yet to be signed by governor)

View Quote

Vermont has Vermont carry. That trumps any law that you guys have there. Silencers are the last piece, they are now pretty much the most gun friendly state in the country. No carry laws (constitutional carry), SBRs, SBSs, full auto goodies, no capacity limits, and now silencers.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 1:50:28 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

Have fun with your concealed carry ID requirements.

Looks like VT has better gun laws, or lack thereof, now.

^^^^^^^And what the gentleman above me said ^^^^^^^
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 1:51:57 AM EDT
[#42]
Nice!  

I have a house across the lake in Westport, NY.  Obviously, I'll never see the day where NY allows anything NFA-ish.  That said, maybe I should get a storage unit or something in Vermont, put a safe in it, and have my weapons sent up for the times of year I'm up there.  Could find a range or some arfcommers on the friendly side of the lake and do some shooting

Anyone around between say Middlebury and Burlington in the summer?  Have an m16, an mp5, 5-6 cans, SBRs, SBS...could have us a few fun range days!
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 1:54:12 AM EDT
[#43]

PM me when you get a chance, SauerPatch...  my "shooting range" is a 500 acre farm 20 minutes out of Burlington. The  guys from my LGS and I are planning the 1st annual "shit-shoot" some time on the 4th of July week.  What better way is there to celebrate Independence Day!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 1:57:54 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Nice!  

I have a house across the lake in Westport, NY.  Obviously, I'll never see the day where NY allows anything NFA-ish.  That said, maybe I should get a storage unit or something in Vermont, put a safe in it, and have my weapons sent up for the times of year I'm up there.  Could find a range or some arfcommers on the friendly side of the lake and do some shooting

Anyone around between say Middlebury and Burlington in the summer?  Have an m16, an mp5, 5-6 cans, SBRs, SBS...could have us a few fun range days!
View Quote

Come to the hometown shoot! Its a little ways away from Middlebury (over in Thetford), but we'd love to have ya!

I usually play around at a range down in Ludlow, but they allow F/A over there :/
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 2:14:39 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Come to the hometown shoot! Its a little ways away from Middlebury (over in Thetford), but we'd love to have ya!

I usually play around at a range down in Ludlow, but they allow F/A over there :/
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nice!  

When's the hometown shoot?  There's a huge amount of logistics I'd have to work out if I seriously wanted to do that.  I have to find a secure storage facility, I have to find a safe, I have to submit an ATF form 20 for that address, I have to figure out how I'd get all the weapons there, etc.  Lots of stuff to do, not sure if I have the time.  And I don't have any relatives living in Vermont I could barter a storage location from.  

Just so annoying that I'm literally 35-40 miles from Middlebury by car and less than that as the bird flies, and yet I can't keep my weapons at my house or even travel through the state with them without being very, very, very careful.  I hate the politicians and people of New York who have stood for this bullshit and allowed it to exist for so long.  The stupid prohibitions on NFA stuff date from before the NFA was even signed in 1934.  Even if that got repealed, it still wouldn't effect New York law.  And then you've got SAFE.  It's unreal...like living in an entirely different country.  And that's not exaggeration.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 2:22:41 AM EDT
[#46]
About time !
I am moving back home.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 2:23:26 AM EDT
[#47]
Nice
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 2:26:00 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

When's the hometown shoot?  There's a huge amount of logistics I'd have to work out if I seriously wanted to do that.  I have to find a secure storage facility, I have to find a safe, I have to submit an ATF form 20 for that address, I have to figure out how I'd get all the weapons there, etc.  Lots of stuff to do, not sure if I have the time.  And I don't have any relatives living in Vermont I could barter a storage location from.  

Just so annoying that I'm literally 35-40 miles from Middlebury by car and less than that as the bird flies, and yet I can't keep my weapons at my house or even travel through the state with them without being very, very, very careful.  I hate the politicians and people of New York who have stood for this bullshit and allowed it to exist for so long.  The stupid prohibitions on NFA stuff date from before the NFA was even signed in 1934.  Even if that got repealed, it still wouldn't effect New York law.  And then you've got SAFE.  It's unreal...like living in an entirely different country.  And that's not exaggeration.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nice!  

Last year it was late July, IIRC.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 2:27:14 AM EDT
[#49]
Awesome congrats!
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 2:30:14 AM EDT
[#50]
Frigging Delaware is, of course, one of the 9 where cans are still illegal. Doesn't help that the left-leaning urban / suburban sprawl county has more population than the other 2 rural counties combined. Well, at least we can still OC without any kind of permission, so we still have that over Texas.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top