Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/22/2015 9:42:56 PM EDT
Can anyone share if the Gold Member status allows for direct picture uploads from a personal PC without having to host them some where?
I'm burnt out with photo bucket....
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 9:48:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 9:52:45 PM EDT
[#2]
nope
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 9:54:50 PM EDT
[#3]
is this where we beg for life memberships?
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 9:55:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I had read it but not sure if I was reading it wrong....

Media Server Access
The ability to create file groups (albums) and to upload files to share with others. Photos, videos, music files, and more are all available to help create and share your experiences and passions. Mark albums private for personal storage, or move files into shared collections for everyone to benefit from. There are no limits to groups and file storage limits are increasing each year to improve the tool and make it easier for all your media sharing needs.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 9:57:28 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't like arf image hosting.

Use imgur.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:01:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had read it but not sure if I was reading it wrong....

Media Server Access
The ability to create file groups (albums) and to upload files to share with others. Photos, videos, music files, and more are all available to help create and share your experiences and passions. Mark albums private for personal storage, or move files into shared collections for everyone to benefit from. There are no limits to groups and file storage limits are increasing each year to improve the tool and make it easier for all your media sharing needs.
View Quote

You still have to host it on the server.  I may have misunderstood your OP.

PS: i don't have the best luck with the media server.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:17:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:22:49 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
imgur = best flavor of the week right now.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Use imgur.

Such is life.

When it gets stale I'll switch to another one.

Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:27:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:56:15 PM EDT
[#10]

Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:15:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The answer to the question is, "Yes".

View Quote

So you are saying I can save a picture from my PC directly to this site? Example; If I wanted to post an item for sale I could upload a pic from my PC to the ad itself or would it sill have to be hosted somewhere?
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:18:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

So you are saying I can save a picture from my PC directly to this site? Example; If I wanted to post an item for sale I could upload a pic from my PC to the ad itself or would it sill have to be hosted somewhere?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It'd still have to be uploaded.

The difference would be you are uploading it to the ar15.com media server vs photobucket.

between the two, I'd pick photobucket, but honestly, I use flickr for most things these days.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 1:35:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 1:36:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Use imgur.

imgur will endure a thousand years
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 5:41:57 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

arfcom profile tool has a media file section where you can browse for a file on your pc's hard drive.

Select the file you want and hit upload. The file magically appears on arfcom's server and there is a thumbnail of the file under the media file section of your profile. The links will look like this: http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=58475

Be advised that there is a 1mb size limit on the pictures so you may have to use an editor to change the photo's properties/size.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top