BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:34:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'm the person who cleans stuff you don't want to.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I miss showmeyourwound.com

More pics?

weirdo

We weirdos are useful. We can deal with stuff you don't want to.

Unless you're a doctor or a cop or something, it's not that useful. If you're an accountant... you're just a weirdo.

I'm the person who cleans stuff you don't want to.

Soo..you are a woman after all...intredasting
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:35:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Diverticulitus and infected pockets in my lower colon.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why?

My colon ruptured on December 27, 2013.  Unfortunately, I thought I had  a kidney stone and blew it off.  On Monday it dropped me to the floor.  

I had a great surgeon.  He took out 15" and put me back together in one trip; no bag.  He told my wife if I had ignored it another day, or two, it probably would have killed me.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:37:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

My colon ruptured on December 27, 2013.  Unfortunately, I thought I had  a kidney stone and blew it off.  On Monday it dropped me to the floor.  

I had a great surgeon.  He took out 15" and put me back together in one trip; no bag.  He told my wife if I had ignored it another day, or two, it probably would have killed me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why?

Sepsis is a bad bad thing.  Glad you are doing well!!!
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:41:03 PM EDT
[#4]
I like to learn from others experiences.
It's better if I don't have to go through it on my own.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:45:35 PM EDT
[#5]
My dad was born with his intestines in a tangled mess, causing all sorts of problems. He was one of the first to go under experimental surgery to take his intestines out and put them back in correctly and a few other things. Doc said his survive rate was about 1-5%.
if his intestines stayed tangled up, he'd have about less than a week to live.

Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:48:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

When they imaged me, I had at least one puss pocket that was a centimeter in size.  

Just make sure you poop a lot.  Fiber is good, but too much can hurt also.

I ended up in the ER a year ago in march a few months before the surgery and one of my doctors was from India.  He has been in the US for about 10 years, and said over seas they don't have a diverticulosis/diverticulitis problem cuz they crap 2 to 4 times a day.  He said after 10 years in the states, he now has diverticulosis (pockets but no infections).

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I had a bit of a flare up with diverticulitis back around this past Thanksgiving. It was mild compared to what you had OP.

My doctor told me no more corn, popcorn, peanuts, cashews, pistachios etc., ever again.

This post has given me a reason to not question my doctor.

When they imaged me, I had at least one puss pocket that was a centimeter in size.  

Just make sure you poop a lot.  Fiber is good, but too much can hurt also.

I ended up in the ER a year ago in march a few months before the surgery and one of my doctors was from India.  He has been in the US for about 10 years, and said over seas they don't have a diverticulosis/diverticulitis problem cuz they crap 2 to 4 times a day.  He said after 10 years in the states, he now has diverticulosis (pockets but no infections).

If I ate an Indian diet, I would shit constantly.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:57:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Dammit I did not want to see this thread. I just had my third flare up of diverticulitis about 50 days ago. This one was pretty severe but my GI docs so far says surgery may not be necessary but I am getting a colonoscopy in late June.

I am considering doing the elective surgery to remove the sigmoid colon to try to avoid having to have surgery in an emergency situation due to a flare up. I believe this will increase my chances of it being done laparoscopically and without having a bag.

The problem with diverticulosis is there are no textbook cases of this disease. It is like living with a time bomb in your stomach that may or may not go off. When it does go off will it be a small explosion that antibiotics can fix or will it be life threatening.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:59:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why?

Fortunately, they did a great job of cleaning me out.  It took eight hours, but I didn't have any complications.  Plus with all the high speed antibiotics I'll never get the sniffles again.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:01:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why?

I bet your farts were epic!
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:05:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why?

Well since I wasn't eating much then, there really wasn't much going on.  The stuff going through though hurt like a son-of-a-bitch.

And after surgery, they wouldn't let me eat until I had a BM.  The 8 hours leading up to this nightmare BM (nicknamed Bloody Demon Choad) was some of the worst pain I have ever been in.  When it did assplode, it was a tremendous relief.  And smelled like antibiotics and antiseptic.  But was mostly digested blood.  See nickname above.  In a choad configuration.  See above.

8 hours of mega pain, then BLAM!  Instant relief.  I did make it to my bathroom though,,,  and the very hot nurse had to clean me up afterwords.  She was hot.  I was not embarrassed at all.  Shit happens.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:08:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Looks like you got off easy, When I had 16 inches of my descending colon removed they left me with a big scar 2 drains and a catheter for 10 days after I left the hospital. those drains sucked ass to clean out every day and were just gross in general.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:09:46 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Diverticulitis.  Infected pockets in my large intestine.

View Quote

This thread needs more pictures....

Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:10:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Looks like you got off easy, When I had 16 inches of my descending colon removed they left me with a big scar 2 drains and a catheter for 10 days
View Quote

They cleaned up very well afterwords.  I was home in 6 days.  I did get constipated 2 times in the next week and a half though.  Damn, that sucked... bad.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:13:13 PM EDT
[#14]
I have had crohns for the last 20 years I know of and hope to never have to go through any of that!

Haven't had a bad flare up in years. I take no meds for it and eat the crap out of hot stuff like jalapenos.

Look up capsicum. I am a believer.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:17:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

A day after surgery the nurse nearly killed me lol. You know the machine they have you hooked up to that has the hose down your throat sucking out all the bile and green fluid? Well the dumb nurse let me lay flat... Lower than a gravity fed pump. So everything that drained out of me came back in. I started vomiting non stop. It hurt so bad I was crying and since I couldn't use the stomach muscle to projectile vomit I literally choked on it and drooled it out for hours.

Took them almost a full day to realize why that was happening

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have a matching one    

<a href="http://s121.photobucket.com/user/fdrifting/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps516d82a7.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o240/fdrifting/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps516d82a7.jpg</a>

That first shit is a fucking nightmare...

I called it the Bloody Demon Choad.  Mother fucker that hurt.  But the relief afterwards along with the drugs was amazing.

A day after surgery the nurse nearly killed me lol. You know the machine they have you hooked up to that has the hose down your throat sucking out all the bile and green fluid? Well the dumb nurse let me lay flat... Lower than a gravity fed pump. So everything that drained out of me came back in. I started vomiting non stop. It hurt so bad I was crying and since I couldn't use the stomach muscle to projectile vomit I literally choked on it and drooled it out for hours.

Took them almost a full day to realize why that was happening

Christ, that is really horrible. My dad had a large knee surgery in his 30's and of course they made him do physical therapy afterward. He couldn't ever bend it but that didn't stop "nurses" from torturing him 3 days a week for 3 months. Finally he went on for a check up and explained to the doc what was happening. Apparently no one ever drained the fluid from his knee which caused it to hydrolock. The way doc explained it it's like hydro locking and engine.

I also had a knee surgery awhile back and was awoken by the fucking "nurse" DROPPING MY FRESHLY BROKEN AND SCREWED BACK TOGETHER KNEE OFF THE TABLE! Apparently she thought I needed to be farther over to prevent me falling off the table so she decided to move me herself. Also had a dentist slip while pulling a tooth and cut the side of my gum so severely it took thirty minutes to stop the bleeding and I passed out. I don't have a lot of faith in medical practitioners anymore.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:17:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I have had crohns for the last 20 years I know of and hope to never have to go through any of that!

Haven't had a bad flare up in years. I take no meds for it and eat the crap out of hot stuff like jalapenos.

Look up capsicum. I am a believer.
View Quote

What is really funny is my favorite food is chinese.  I never had problems when I ate it and it is my comfort food now.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:18:26 PM EDT
[#17]
I had hemorrhoid surgery about ten years ago you don't know the pain of taking a dump until you go
Through that, imagine shitting a baseball rapped in barb wire that lasted nearly two weeks post op.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:18:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

More pics?

weirdo

It's ok, Snow. I want to see my insides during this final c-section and my dr has reluctantly agreed to let the sheet be lower so I can see what is going on. Michael is SO creeped out about it. Hell, it's the same doc from the previous c-section and I made him show me my placenta. It's mine, why not?
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:21:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

<a href="http://s268.photobucket.com/user/DigDug111/media/2014-06-02142834-Copy_zps73345ce7.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj27/DigDug111/2014-06-02142834-Copy_zps73345ce7.jpg</a>
View All Quotes
Quoted:

<a href="http://s268.photobucket.com/user/DigDug111/media/2014-06-02142834-Copy_zps73345ce7.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj27/DigDug111/2014-06-02142834-Copy_zps73345ce7.jpg</a>

That's arousing, show me more.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:22:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I had hemorrhoid surgery about ten years ago you don't know the pain of taking a dump until you goThrough that, imagine shitting a baseball rapped in barb wire that lasted nearly two weeks post op.
View Quote

Now image that the exit has a sutured  connection in it about 6 inches inside that is constricted quit severely. And then you get constipated...  
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:23:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

It's ok, Snow. I want to see my insides during this final c-section and my dr has reluctantly agreed to let the sheet be lower so I can see what is going on. Michael is SO creeped out about it. Hell, it's the same doc from the previous c-section and I made him show me my placenta. It's mine, why not?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

More pics?

weirdo

Some people fry it up and eat it...  
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:26:48 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I have a matching one    

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o240/fdrifting/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps516d82a7.jpg

Spent 10 days in the hospital. Caught c diff and was so sick all the throwing up and diarrhea caused my appendix to rupture. I "walked off" the insane amount of pain for almost 2 weeks until I could barely function anymore.
The doctors were pretty concerned with my insides since I spent so long with my appendix busted open. Lost of nasty stuff in there. They had to pull everything out and clean the hell out of my insides.

Of course once that was all done I had to be in the hospital the other 6 days until the CDC person cleared me to leave my little quarantine.

Not a fan of the scar but it looks a lot better than I thought it would.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I have a matching one    

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o240/fdrifting/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps516d82a7.jpg

Spent 10 days in the hospital. Caught c diff and was so sick all the throwing up and diarrhea caused my appendix to rupture. I "walked off" the insane amount of pain for almost 2 weeks until I could barely function anymore.
The doctors were pretty concerned with my insides since I spent so long with my appendix busted open. Lost of nasty stuff in there. They had to pull everything out and clean the hell out of my insides.

Of course once that was all done I had to be in the hospital the other 6 days until the CDC person cleared me to leave my little quarantine.

Not a fan of the scar but it looks a lot better than I thought it would.

If you get a reoccurance, check out fecal transplants at the IU Medical Center in Indianapolis.

- C diff and Crohns put me in the hospital for 22 days already since January. I've also gone from 200 pounds and healthy to 140 pounds and a weak little bitch ... also, I'm now jobless and had my insurance yanked because I was in my first year of employment (no FMLA) and exceeded my 14 paid-time-off days.

The dehydration was no joke. Luckily, the transplant seems to have worked for me. The Crohns, I still haven't figured out how to deal with ... no energy and still constant No. 2.

Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:28:50 PM EDT
[#23]
And since we're talking about nurse screw ups when I came out of surgery and was in my room they had me hooked up
To a morphine pump I kept hitting the button thinking this shit sucks and was doing nothing for my pain. Finally called the

Nurse after a few hours and told her I needed something else for the pain,so she says the morphine should be good enough

I was like fuck that so she fiddles around with the pump and finds out that the tube was disconnected,there was a puddle

Of morphine on the floor so I lay in my bed post op with zero pain meds.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:33:15 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Now image that the exit has a sutured  connection in it about 6 inches inside that is constricted quit severely. And then you get constipated...  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I had hemorrhoid surgery about ten years ago you don't know the pain of taking a dump until you goThrough that, imagine shitting a baseball rapped in barb wire that lasted nearly two weeks post op.

Yep definitely sounds like a pain in the ass,haha, I had sutures all inside also just thinking about it gives me the willies.

Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:35:51 PM EDT
[#25]
I had my guts pulled out about 4 years ago for a back surgery. I woke up feeling like...well like someone had just yanked my guts out. Soo painful. Then a few days later from my incision to about halfway down my thighs turned BLACK....not like a normal bruise, dark dark black. My nuts swelled up to tennis balls and my schlong was 3X it's normal size. Kinda strange to look down and see a big fat black ^+#% hanging there
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:39:11 PM EDT
[#26]
I have heard of crones but what is c-diff?
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:39:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

More pics?

weirdo

Well yeah, isn't that how it's supposed to work?

Oh crap, wait......

I BBQ'd mine (hers/ours)

Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:41:20 PM EDT
[#28]
My appendix ruptured also.  Hospital for 30 days.  Two surgeries.  I still have intestinal problems.   It was hell on earth.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:43:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Yep definitely sounds like a pain in the ass,haha, I had sutures all inside also just thinking about it gives me the willies.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The good thing is they got the ass connected back up again.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:03:24 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

View Quote
A highly contagious bacteria, typically picked up at hospitals by people who have been on high dose, broad spectrum antibiotics. Basically, the antibiotics prevent your body's own antibodies from killing/expelling C. diff.

The C. difficle spores can live eight months or more outside of the body (on bathroom surfaces, toilets, etc...)

Once someone becomes infected with C. diff, they are treated with a narrow spectrum antibiotic, which usually kills the active bacteria. However, the spores can remain in the GI tract and have something like a 40% reinfection rate. After several reoccurances, the narrow spectrum antibiotics can stop being effective. Secondary treatment includes bowel removal/cleaning and now fecal transplants.

The C. diff infection can coat your large and small intestines, preventing nutrient and water absorption. It can result in bowel and intestinal swelling causing vomitting. Also, because of the bacterial imbalance in your gut flora, your stool is very watery.

It's a very nasty bug and C.diff patients have to be isolated to prevent the spread. People with compromised immune systems and the elderly are at a particularly high risk and C.diff can be deadly.

Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:03:24 AM EDT
[#31]

Dbl tap
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:43:45 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

A highly contagious bacteria, typically picked up at hospitals by people who have been on high dose, broad spectrum antibiotics. Basically, the antibiotics prevent your body's own antibodies from killing/expelling C. diff.  

The C. difficle spores can live eight months or more outside of the body (on bathroom surfaces, toilets, etc...)

Once someone becomes infected with C. diff, they are treated with a narrow spectrum antibiotic, which usually kills the active bacteria. However, the spores can remain in the GI tract and have something like a 40% reinfection rate. After several reoccurances, the narrow spectrum antibiotics can stop being effective. Secondary treatment includes bowel removal/cleaning and now fecal transplants.

The C. diff infection can coat your large and small intestines, preventing nutrient and water absorption. It can result in bowel and intestinal swelling causing vomitting. Also, because of the bacterial imbalance in your gut flora, your stool is very watery.

It's a very nasty bug and C.diff patients have to be isolated to prevent the spread. People with compromised immune systems and the elderly are at a particularly high risk and C.diff can be deadly.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh yea and the funny part about how I got the C Diff. Before my appendix burst I think it was inflamed and irritated and was causing me to throw up a lot and give me stomach pain.

Went to a local clinic instead of the hospital and the doc just gave me strong as antibiotics which killed my immune system and let the C Diff take over. It sucks, dude didn't give a shit.

When I went to the hospital a fucking nurse just pushed a little on a spot in my stomach and there was pain. He just goes "your appendix is there lets get a mri". That quick. That's all the dude had to do to know it was my appendix. Nope clinic doctor said "just food poisoning. Nothing else, I am doctor".
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:50:18 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have crohns and two weeks ago during my yearly colonoscopy they discovered I have cdiff. On a three week dose of antibiotics and we'll see how it goes. The drugs I have to be on for my crohns makes it really hard to fight infections. My doctor didn't act like cdiff was a big deal,  he just had his nurse call and tell me he was putting me on antibiotics.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:53:06 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I have a scar from one of those. Ruptured intestines and spleen from being hit by a car in 2001.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 1:43:52 AM EDT
[#35]
Since we're sharing....Been there, done that.  My first and only bout of diverticulitis had me vomiting from my intestines at 3am.  It tastes like stale cereal at that point, but the ER nurses know the smell.  It's great, you go to the front of the line and they even fill out your paperwork for you!  Spent a couple weeks with a tube in my nose, being "fed" through a port in my neck and lots of antibiotics, but eventually wound up with a foot of my sigmoid out and a bag on my belly and 37 staples holding me closed.  No laprascopic for me, I had "dirty surgery".  I lost about 40 pounds through this whole thing, but I don't recommend it as a weight-loss procedure.  I looked like Matthew McConaughey in "Dallas Buyers Club".  

A couple months popping Vicodin like candy for the pain, another turn on the table, 39 staples holding me closed and a "wet dressing" where the bag used to be.  They just stitch up the muscle and let the fat and skin close over on their own so you wake up with a hole in your belly.  It helps control infections, or so both my doctors told me, but it leaves a hell of a scar.

Eight months after that I felt well enough to get back into the gym and work out.  Just going through the range-of-motion to feel things out -- I'm talking no weight on the machines -- and that gave me a bunch of hernias along my incisions.  A bunch of surgical mesh holds my belly closed now.  As a bonus, my surgeon cleaned up my colostomy scar since he had to go in there as well.

This was perfectly timed to coincide with Vicodin, etc. becoming Schedule II drugs and harder to get.  That was the perfect drug for me after my surgeries.  It made the pain go mind its own business for a little while so I could do Herculean things like get out of bed.

It's been about nine months since that and I can finally do just about anything without pain anymore.  No drugs, normal if slightly different bathroom habits, and I get to tell stories about getting bills from the hospital with one of many line items like "drugs......$40,000".  I skip the part about a nurse trying to kill me or one nurse holding me up naked since I couldn't stand on my own and another nurse bathing me.  It ain't sexy like the movies.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 2:17:52 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 2:32:14 AM EDT
[#37]
On the nurses trying to kill you vein...

My Dad had a knee replacement done.  Hadn't had full range of motion in his leg for years.  After surgery, they hooked him up to the machine that cycles your leg to keep it all moving and restore range of motion.  Unknown to him, it was set for max range, and his leg moved 75% more then it had in many years the moment it was turned on. Went full stroke.  When he could breathe again, he was about to kill someone. And then in an effort to make him comfortable, they knocked his leg off the rest it was on while he was sitting up in a chair, and it hit the floor. he cried.  I have seen that man cry twice in my life, and that was one of them.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 3:10:42 AM EDT
[#38]
I consider some of you guys lucky. I got hit with aggressive steroid resistant Fulmative Ulcerative Colitis when I was in 6th grade. Nearly bled out internally. Blacked out walking from the bathroom to class. Was sent to the ER with a hemoglobin so low my organs were already shutting down. After 3 years in the hospital, two botched surgeries, two lung clots, a million misdiagnosis, and one successful surgery. I am now large intestine free. I do not have a colostomy bag, but rather an ileo-anal or internal pouch. It is essentially a fake colon made of strips of small intestine sown together into a bag. I have an S-pouch (botched surgery 1) I should have had a J-pouch as the S-pouch had been removed from acceptable practice 10yrs before my surgery. Reason why is that the S-pouch causes complications, namely an infection called pouchitis that is incurable due to the shape of the pouch. Also since all I have left is small intestine, and large is what absorbs water, everything is diarrhea. There exists something worse than diarrhea actually, I have coined the name super diarrehea (believe me you don't want to know). I also have no control over my bowels so I have to wear adult diapers all day every day. During my time in the hospital they killed my immune system so I get sick often and stay sick for twice as long as a normal person with the same thing. I go to the mayo clinic twice a year. Such a bad ass place. They have to open scar tissue strictures that were created in botched surgery 2 otherwise they would close completely forming a blockage. The only reason the last surgery went well was because the surgeon who botched the first two showed up drunk to the third and the hospital went out of pocket for an out of insurance network doctor to do it as a "we are sorry".
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 3:28:01 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My dad went in for a hip replacement a couple years back and contracted C Diff. A 3 day stay turned into a month stay in the ICU.

My brother was hospitalized with liver failure and also got C Diff. He didn't pull through .
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 3:32:57 AM EDT
[#40]
This is the scariest thread I've ever read.

Link Posted: 5/23/2015 7:14:38 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
This is the scariest thread I've ever read.

View Quote

Yeah. Diverticulosis is a bitch. Many people have it but wilo not know it until they have a colonoscopy or the pouches get infected. Some people Never have a problem.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 8:26:14 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

I consider some of you guys lucky. I got hit with aggressive steroid resistant Fulmative Ulcerative Colitis when I was in 6th grade. Nearly bled out internally. Blacked out walking from the bathroom to class. Was sent to the ER with a hemoglobin so low my organs were already shutting down. After 3 years in the hospital, two botched surgeries, two lung clots, a million misdiagnosis, and one successful surgery. I am now large intestine free. I do not have a colostomy bag, but rather an ileo-anal or internal pouch. It is essentially a fake colon made of strips of small intestine sown together into a bag. I have an S-pouch (botched surgery 1) I should have had a J-pouch as the S-pouch had been removed from acceptable practice 10yrs before my surgery. Reason why is that the S-pouch causes complications, namely an infection called pouchitis that is incurable due to the shape of the pouch. Also since all I have left is small intestine, and large is what absorbs water, everything is diarrhea. There exists something worse than diarrhea actually, I have coined the name super diarrehea (believe me you don't want to know). I also have no control over my bowels so I have to wear adult diapers all day every day. During my time in the hospital they killed my immune system so I get sick often and stay sick for twice as long as a normal person with the same thing. I go to the mayo clinic twice a year. Such a bad ass place. They have to open scar tissue strictures that were created in botched surgery 2 otherwise they would close completely forming a blockage. The only reason the last surgery went well was because the surgeon who botched the first two showed up drunk to the third and the hospital went out of pocket for an out of insurance network doctor to do it as a "we are sorry".
View Quote
Holy fuck man. You're a trooper. Mad props.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top