Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 7:09:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
You don't need more than 7 rounds, or 10 rounds.

Video of a home invasion here in Atlanta shows exactly why I want more than 10 rounds or an AR15.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtJC_PFYhbI
View Quote

This is why we reinforce doors.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 7:11:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks like one of the guys was leaking. Check out the bottom of the stairs near the end, looks like a few drops of blood.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 7:12:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can you just imagine the liberal rage if a guy dropped 6 intruders in his own home?
View Quote

would be a great day
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 7:13:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

But shotgun is the best HD gun!!!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
They would learn what the term fatal funnel meant.
+1

AR would be nice
but a Benelli or even a Mossberg would not be useless there

I wouldn't feel out gunned with either
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 7:13:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Don't know about CA but in most places you'd get a no bill.  See one intruder with a gun, no time to inspect to see if the others aren't armed. I would be afraid for my life and the lives of my loved ones.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
In reference to the video above, would there be any legal repercussions to spraying bullets into a group of intruders coming through your door even though someone of them are not armed? In a situation like that it would be hard to shoot just the guys with guns or to even tell if they all had them.

Also, fuck magazine capacity limits.

Don't know about CA but in most places you'd get a no bill.  See one intruder with a gun, no time to inspect to see if the others aren't armed. I would be afraid for my life and the lives of my loved ones.

ANYONE in my house , breaking in in the middle of the night, who can reasonably assume someone is home, is meeting someone important.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 7:17:12 PM EDT
[#6]
This is what he needed!!

Link Posted: 5/22/2015 7:17:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
After that many kicks, you would have 10 mags, a rifle and a pissed off homeowner pointing directly down the stairs.
View Quote

First kick attempt was at 430.  Final kick in was at 5.

I wonder how many kick attempts it took?  

Link Posted: 5/22/2015 7:19:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPZbA1JkSWE
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
+1

AR would be nice

AR pattern semi auto shotgun>some pump action with 5+1 round capacity.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 7:20:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Here's another
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 7:23:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
After that many kicks, you would have 10 mags, a rifle and a pissed off homeowner pointing directly down the stairs.

Didn't even notice that.

Think they were kicking for a half hour or decided to grab a bite to eat first?
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 7:28:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Well, that first, ineffective kick, which took them a while of milling around before they tried again, would give me just oodles of time to get rifle and armor ready.  Door comes open from the third kick and that many guys come through a constricted space?  Well, I do love a parade.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
See now, that's why I keep my home defense claymores wired to the door and window frames like the Punisher

But seriously, that'd be one doozy of a situation to deal with.  At 3 am I'd be thinking, "one or two," not "a frickin squad-level assault."
Well, that first, ineffective kick, which took them a while of milling around before they tried again, would give me just oodles of time to get rifle and armor ready.  Door comes open from the third kick and that many guys come through a constricted space?  Well, I do love a parade.

Check the time stamps....damn near 9 minutes from first kick to "good breach". You'd practically have time to roll a few rounds from scratch with that kind of time.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 7:30:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Didn't even notice that.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Didn't even notice that.

No idea, but my local cops would have been there by then.  If kicking the whole time, there were some weak MFers in that group.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 7:31:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Check the time stamps....damn near 9 minutes from first kick to "good breach". You'd practically have time to roll a few rounds from scratch with that kind of time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
See now, that's why I keep my home defense claymores wired to the door and window frames like the Punisher

But seriously, that'd be one doozy of a situation to deal with.  At 3 am I'd be thinking, "one or two," not "a frickin squad-level assault."

Look again.  

Try 39 mins.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 7:32:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
+1

AR would be nice

Holy shit those are some big donkey-dick mags...
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 7:40:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
You don't need more than 7 rounds, or 10 rounds.

Video of a home invasion here in Atlanta shows exactly why I want more than 10 rounds or an AR15.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtJC_PFYhbI
View Quote

2 ARs, a shotgun, and 2 pistols close by right now.

I'm getting both, and then some.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 7:42:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Look again.  

Try 39 mins.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Look again.  

Try 39 mins.

I stand corrected. Then that is really retarded. With cell phones being so prolific, and so many people using them as their alarm clocks, and you're still fuckin' around on the dudes porch 40 minutes later? At the bare minimum, dude's called the cops, and worst case, he's got both arms full of bad juju. Fuck, 40 minutes is enough time to build a 200 round belt for an LMG by hand.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 7:47:05 PM EDT
[#17]

View Quote
Beautiful

Link Posted: 5/22/2015 7:50:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
In reference to the video above, would there be any legal repercussions to spraying bullets into a group of intruders coming through your door even though someone of them are not armed? In a situation like that it would be hard to shoot just the guys with guns or to even tell if they all had them.

View Quote

In free states B&E by itself gives free reign to deadly force.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 7:55:51 PM EDT
[#19]
they wouldn't like the welcome at my place
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 7:59:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Can you just imagine the liberal rage if a guy dropped 6 intruders in his own home?
View Quote

Especially with an evil black rifle. ..
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 8:00:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 8:02:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Well fuck. I think I'm going to have to build an pdw sbr now.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 8:03:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Ahhh yes, a large and unwieldy shotgun would work great indoors, and the incredible rate of fire from a pump action would allow for fire supremacy when you sent all 5-7 rounds downrange in 15 seconds, luckily you wouldn't need to worry about having extra shells near your nightstand and throwing them in your pockets of the pants you wore to sleep for a super-duper slow reload because everyone knows a single slug would have just pierced through all 7 bad guys stacked up in that fatal funnel!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They all ran away, I bet you wouldn't have had time to shoot more than one or two anyway. Shotgun would've worked fine, especially when they bunched up on the stairs.

Ahhh yes, a large and unwieldy shotgun would work great indoors, and the incredible rate of fire from a pump action would allow for fire supremacy when you sent all 5-7 rounds downrange in 15 seconds, luckily you wouldn't need to worry about having extra shells near your nightstand and throwing them in your pockets of the pants you wore to sleep for a super-duper slow reload because everyone knows a single slug would have just pierced through all 7 bad guys stacked up in that fatal funnel!

It's never taken me 15 seconds to empty 9 rounds out of my 590. I doubt I'd need to either, criminals aren't going to engage in a lengthy shootout. Getting hit means leaving DNA at the scene, getting caught at the hospital, or even getting dead. If you do happen to get attacked by some heavy hit squad out of movie willing to level the house to get you I doubt your choice of weapon will matter.
ETA: Honestly if those clowns unloaded their handguns in your direction it probably wouldn't make a difference what you were using either.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 8:09:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
+1

AR would be nice

Maybe but they WIN matches, I had the 2nd fastest time on that stage beat only by my son, running the same setup. 3rd in the match, son got first
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 8:14:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Maybe but they WIN matches, I had the 2nd fastest time on that stage beat only by my son, running the same setup. 3rd in the match, son got first
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
+1

AR would be nice

Specs on that beast pls.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 8:20:36 PM EDT
[#26]
MKA 1919 12 ga shotgun

Pretty much the same ergos as an AR, except for the bolt handle, parts do not interchange though.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 8:21:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
MKA 1919 12 ga shotgun

Pretty much the same ergos as an AR, except for the bolt handle, parts do not interchange though.
View Quote

Pics?
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 8:26:53 PM EDT
[#28]
lol.

Form 1 a M203 and get HE rounds.

Noobs
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 8:35:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
No one needs more than 5 bullets
View Quote

Unless you're shooting them with .380
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 8:36:55 PM EDT
[#30]
I would not be worried with 8 rounds of buckshot in my 12ga.  I'm sure that with them all standing in the same place....you could do plenty of damage in a short about of time.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 8:37:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No one needs more than 5 bullets

PSIFTW
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 8:37:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

So....

...Do you use a shotgun?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That is three miles from my house...

So....

...Do you use a shotgun?

Well my G19 that I have out seems inadequate now.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 8:37:46 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

They all ran away, I bet you wouldn't have had time to shoot more than one or two anyway. Shotgun would've worked fine, especially when they bunched up on the stairs.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote
Sure a shotgun would have worked fine, an AR would have been better, isn't that the point?  Use the best option available to you.  It's the salad days for AR's anyone can afford one and they are better for home defense in every way.

Link Posted: 5/22/2015 8:40:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

In other words you don't need an AR or a shotgun.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What's the story?

Background?

"The Atlanta Police Department says that the incident happened May 11th. Detectives say the six masked men kicked in the door and rushed in with guns drawn. Police say the men exited the home after hearing yelling from the homeowner."

In other words you don't need an AR or a shotgun.

I'm buying an assault megaphone...!!!
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 8:40:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Surprisingly CA is a castle doctrine state. I think the 80 year old guy who shot the pregnant bitch in the back as she ran away from his house after her and her sperm donor beat the crap out of him to break into his safe got off scott free from last year. The extenuating circumstance being it wasn't the first time they broke in and that they beat the shit out of him. in a situation like that where its cut and dry clear id imagine you would be a okay, and even if they charge you high hurtles for them to get a conviction.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Surprisingly CA is a castle doctrine state. I think the 80 year old guy who shot the pregnant bitch in the back as she ran away from his house after her and her sperm donor beat the crap out of him to break into his safe got off scott free from last year. The extenuating circumstance being it wasn't the first time they broke in and that they beat the shit out of him. in a situation like that where its cut and dry clear id imagine you would be a okay, and even if they charge you high hurtles for them to get a conviction.

I remember that case and thinking "Oh boy that old timer is screwed."

Thanks for squaring me away on that.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 8:46:29 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

lol.

Form 1 a M203 and get HE rounds.

Noobs
View Quote
While it would indeed be funny as hell to bounce an M406 off of one of their heads, to get arming distance I'd have to be shooting from the far end of the house.

Link Posted: 5/22/2015 8:58:19 PM EDT
[#37]
My shotgun reload

Link Posted: 5/22/2015 9:01:46 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Forcible entry into an occupied house?

They could be carrying harmonicas instead of guns it'd be legal to light all of them up here.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

They could be carrying harmonicas instead of guns it'd be legal to light all of them up here.

Legal =/= Obama's kids

Link Posted: 5/22/2015 9:03:02 PM EDT
[#39]

That's the second screen door reference in this thread...

What am I not getting?
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 9:03:08 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Pics?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
MKA 1919 12 ga shotgun

Pics?

Here's one in Burnt Bronze

Zombie Green

OD/Black

Matching AR / MKA

Oddly enough I don't have a pic of all Black - too common I guess.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 9:16:03 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Legal =/= Obama's kids

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Legal =/= Obama's kids

Since 98% of the county I live is white the odds are heavily against anyone breaking into my house being black, so no rioting or DoJ civil rights case would ensue if I shot them.

Link Posted: 5/22/2015 9:20:27 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

What am I not getting?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

What am I not getting?

You're gonna get proned out, bro.

MEAT FROM BONE. DEVASTATING.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:22:13 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What am I not getting?

I'm not sure which arf reference this is, either.

Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:56:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What am I not getting?

It's from one of the many Shotgun vs Carbine threads that we've had lately.

Herp

Derp
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:59:20 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not in California, shoot them all.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:10:28 PM EDT
[#46]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yo homie, that my briefcase?

https://youtu.be/-zJlsc8GU50

Two more days
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:10:42 PM EDT
[#47]
The correct weapon for that situation is a sharp samurai sword
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:11:24 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
My shotgun reload

http://i.imgur.com/6ZYFNly.gif

View Quote

That reload doesn't seem very efficient somehow
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:13:44 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
MKA 1919 12 ga shotgun

View Quote

And it's a piece of shit
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:13:59 PM EDT
[#50]

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yo homie, that my briefcase?

https://youtu.be/-zJlsc8GU50

Two more days
If I had seen this sooner, I'd have done it this week.  Dammit.

Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top