Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 8:13:17 PM EDT
[#1]
People drive like angels until the marked car pulls off the interstate. Then the race and texting is back on again.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 8:24:51 PM EDT
[#2]
good for NJ, with all the hatred of drunk drivers, hope they catch a few
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 8:25:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I have no issue with it. The opposition doesn't make sense. NJSP has been using unmarked cars forever, and this car is actually marked, it's just low visibility. Either way, to me it still screams cop car, especially in NJ where it seems only police drive caprices. But people are always looking for reasons to hate on police. And it's usually the people that invite the police into their lives in the first place. And the whole lightbar argument is horsecrap. Between volunteers, landscapers, and contractors, everybody and their mother has a lightbar on their car/truck nowadays. Just because the car has a lightbar doesn't mean it's a cop.

I have tint and was stopped for speeding by a trooper last year. He ignored the tint and gave me a warning. Being polite and taking responsibility for your actions goes a long way with them.

Besides, people in the tri-state area drive like effing maniacs.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 8:26:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 8:30:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You mean by enforcing the laws the LEOs are hired to enforce?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oh Well.

Of course. Gotta protect your paycheck somehow

How did I know Truth would pop in with some mind-bending deep anti-police comment?
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 8:33:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 8:33:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 8:43:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Our city PD and county SO both have the low-profile LED lights, and I can still tell at night.  I can tell the outlines of the new SUV's OPD just got at night, and those lights are hard to find during the day.

"Stealth cars" for traffic citations is absolutely fucktarded.  Awful idea.  Just gave criminals another way to rob people, maybe worse.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 8:44:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Our city PD and county SO both have the low-profile LED lights, and I can still tell at night.  I can tell the outlines of the new SUV's OPD just got at night, and those lights are hard to find during the day.

"Stealth cars" for traffic citations is absolutely fucktarded.  Awful idea.  Just gave criminals another way to rob people, maybe worse.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/22/2015 8:45:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hey, man haven't you heard? The sky is falling.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 8:49:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/crime/2013/12/14/second-north-texas-woman-pulled-over-by-fake-officer/14141718/

yourself, chief.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 8:51:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Mmm.. revenue generator.
Does it cut me a monthly check?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's not a traffic enforcement vehicle, that's a revenue generation vehicle.  
A marked unit, with an officer with some street sense behind the wheel, can hide and sneak up on speeders very easily.  It also has the deterrent factor for everyone who sees it.  Not to mention the safety for the person being pulled over that they are actually being pulled over by a police officer, and not a rapist with a surplus crown vic and a suction cup light bar in the windshield.

Mmm.. revenue generator.
Does it cut me a monthly check?

I miss speeder and "Click-It or Ticket" OT.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 8:56:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/crime/2013/12/14/second-north-texas-woman-pulled-over-by-fake-officer/14141718/

yourself, chief.

I think he thinks he just showed you something you didn't know about.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 8:58:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

yourself, chief.

Tell me how you would be able to tell the difference at 230am.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 9:00:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

yourself, chief.

Because I have eyes?  I'm a night shifter, I'm constantly out when it's dark out, I can tell without effort.  Not very complex.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 9:23:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Because I have eyes?  I'm a night shifter, I'm constantly out when it's dark out, I can tell without effort.  Not very complex.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

yourself, chief.

Must have cats eyes to tell the difference when they are behind you.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 9:24:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Woooooooo!

Ghosts!
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 9:26:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're lookin at a silhouette, minute detail isn't needed.  It's really not as complex and you're making it out to be.  Fuck I ride my Harley at night all the time and I can tell with those tiny, not great mirrors on my handlebars that are constantly shaking, and I still know what's behind me.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 9:31:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 9:34:31 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Does this skirt some kind of legislation? Like something about unmarked cars not being able to do traffic enforcement or something?
View Quote

Cops can do whatever they want now days, and the judge will support the revenue stream.

Link Posted: 5/22/2015 9:34:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

yourself, chief.

meh... I could get a bunch of tards to stop for me if I just ran on foot after their car with a flashing light on my head.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 9:49:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Scrolling through this page just looks like this.

Link Posted: 5/22/2015 9:58:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

yourself, chief.

2:30am and the article states there was a light bar......
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 9:59:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:01:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:03:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Oh, you got a citation from an officer driving a 'marked' unit?

Good luck in court. The officer's statement will say "marked patrol car" or some variation, and now you're a scofflaw because you did whatever you did in front of a marked patrol unit instead of just not seeing an unmarked unit.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:03:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Revenue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:03:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
You're lookin at a silhouette, minute detail isn't needed.  It's really not as complex and you're making it out to be.  Fuck I ride my Harley at night all the time and I can tell with those tiny, not great mirrors on my handlebars that are constantly shaking, and I still know what's behind me.
View Quote

Big ass assumption that people use their mirrors.....
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:18:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:29:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Scrolling through this page just looks like this.

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:30:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Is it not a Police State if you can be pulled over for anything, anytime, anywhere? You don't have to actually commit a traffic offense to be stopped, a LEO just has to accuse you of doing it. I actually went to court and beat a case based on this very occurrence. Probable cause be damned anymore, all they need is suspicion of a reason, then you pay to argue it out in court, either way you are paying someone in the "judicial system". I'd probably shit my pants if I knew how much local municipalities made on traffic citations alone. So, you don't have to read after "Police State", you are already a subject of one.

Think about it, if you fail to pay your taxes, your ass goes to jail. Ask Wesley Snipes, he never had a chance. Al Sharpton gets a pass because he's considered a member of the cause.

ETA: My ticket was for speeding while on to the IH-35 on ramp, I was cited for 65 in a 45. The cop stated the speed limit on the street was 45, and I was not on the highway, and I have to obey the traffic signs on the road my vehicle is on, not where it's going to be on. I fought it myself, I've never seen a case tossed so fast in my life. They (Prosecutor) wanted to ask for a 1hr continuance so the officer could get his tape. I asked the judge if I would be granted a continuance if I came unprepared for court. BooYA!
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:45:12 PM EDT
[#32]
How are the NJSP gonna have any street cred when they lead the next Death Race on the GSP in a "ghost car?"

Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:47:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Is it not a Police State if you can be pulled over for anything, anytime, anywhere? You don't have to actually commit a traffic offense to be stopped, a LEO just has to accuse you of doing it. I actually went to court and beat a case based on this very occurrence. Probable cause be damned anymore, all they need is suspicion of a reason, then you pay to argue it out in court, either way you are paying someone in the "judicial system". I'd probably shit my pants if I knew how much local municipalities made on traffic citations alone. So, you don't have to read after "Police State", you are already a subject of one.

Think about it, if you fail to pay your taxes, your ass goes to jail. Ask Wesley Snipes, he never had a chance. Al Sharpton gets a pass because he's considered a member of the cause.

ETA: My ticket was for speeding while on to the IH-35 on ramp, I was cited for 65 in a 45. The cop stated the speed limit on the street was 45, and I was not on the highway, and I have to obey the traffic signs on the road my vehicle is on, not where it's going to be on. I fought it myself, I've never seen a case tossed so fast in my life. They (Prosecutor) wanted to ask for a 1hr continuance so the officer could get his tape. I asked the judge if I would be granted a continuance if I came unprepared for court. BooYA!
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:51:49 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nah nah nah....you're doing it all wrong.

It's....

Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:53:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

It's....

http://smiliesftw.com/huge/huge_roll_eyes.gif
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's....

http://smiliesftw.com/huge/huge_roll_eyes.gif

lol
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:21:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

How does lack of the dash cam tape at the trial equal officers can pull you over for suspicion of a reason?

Do you recognize the phrases RAS, PC & Beyond a Reasonable Doubt?
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:24:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
My old boss on the criminal warrant team drove an old beater minivan.  We could roll up damn near anywhere and grab fools.  Nobody ever gave it a second look.  
View Quote

That is a much different purpose than using one for traffic enforcement.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:25:39 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

How does lack of the dash cam tape at the trial equal officers can pull you over for suspicion of a reason?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Apparently dash cam footage is now required at non-jury trial in lieu of officer testimony.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:29:41 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

You can tell the difference between a marked crown vic and a non when its behind you at night?

Yeah, ok.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:39:23 PM EDT
[#40]
Chevy brought back the Caprice?!?
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:40:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

How did I know Truth would pop in with some mind-bending deep anti-police comment?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oh Well.

Of course. Gotta protect your paycheck somehow

Dont you have me on ignore? Quit stalking me.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:49:19 AM EDT
[#42]

I'm not all butthurt about them. I do think they're dumb though. Just my opinion/preference.

I do love doing traffic in an unmarked car. Cars should be regular marked or plain unmarked. Just think the "stealth" thing is dumb. Choose one or the other. But I certainly am not going to hate on agencies using them or wring my hands like a little bitch.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 1:03:45 AM EDT
[#43]
Meh, there are plenty of idiots out there for the boys in blue to chase. I don't drive like one. People who ride my ass and speed by me are what I call "bait". They usually attract any present roadside trolling buzzards.

Cool cars. I like cars.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 1:23:32 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

You can tell the difference between a marked crown vic and a non when its behind you at night?
Yeah, ok.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, ok.

Actually the shape of the Crown Vic headlights are pretty easy to pick out at night. Been 3 years now and I can still pick 'em out easy peasy.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 1:35:56 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I think Tennessee wins in the odd police vehicle department.
18 wheelers

View Quote

The NHP use 18 wheelers in the Vegas area.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 2:05:38 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think Tennessee wins in the odd police vehicle department.
18 wheelers

Isn't that all about catching people on their phones?
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 9:00:30 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 9:01:07 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 9:38:04 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Actually the shape of the Crown Vic headlights are pretty easy to pick out at night. Been 3 years now and I can still pick 'em out easy peasy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, ok.

I was going to comment on that last night. Crown Vic headlights are unmistakable.

Now, being able to see the silhouette of a vehicle at night while it's behind you with headlights on? no.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 9:54:21 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, ok.

The headlights are different from a marked crown vic v a non?
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top