Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 3:24:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Congrats!!!
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 3:25:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Abigail Denise arrived at 11:18 this morning! 7 lbs 3 oz and 18.5" long and healthy as she could be! My wife is doing fine, just a little loopy from the pain meds! I'll upload pics when I can y'all!
View Quote

Congrats!
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 3:35:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Yep.  With my first born, my wife's water broke early in the afternoon.  He wasn't born until 7ish the next morning.... I think Ifinally went to sleep later that afternoon.  Don't make that mistake.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Go to sleep now.

Words of wisdom

Yep.  With my first born, my wife's water broke early in the afternoon.  He wasn't born until 7ish the next morning.... I think Ifinally went to sleep later that afternoon.  Don't make that mistake.

My water broke at 0820, babby was born at 1254. There was no time for sleeping.

And yes, it was my first kid.

Congrats, dad! It's a wild, exciting, exhausting ride.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 3:53:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Abigail Denise arrived at 11:18 this morning! 7 lbs 3 oz and 18.5" long and healthy as she could be! My wife is doing fine, just a little loopy from the pain meds! I'll upload pics when I can y'all!
View Quote

For Abby:

Link Posted: 5/22/2015 7:19:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Added pics to OP. Thanks again yall!
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 7:21:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Congrats OP!!
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 7:23:36 PM EDT
[#7]
That ain't your kid, where's the beard?

Shes a cutie congrats op.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 7:30:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Congratulations!
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 7:31:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
That ain't your kid, where's the beard?

Shes a cutie congrats op.
View Quote

If she came into this world with a beard I'd be a bit worried. The imagery of watching my wife smile when we heard her first cry is still playing in my head. Wife is a little disappointed about the c section, but I'm damn proud of her. She's been strong through the whole process. And of course I'm extra proud of my little girl. I can't wait to watch her grow up!
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:37:34 PM EDT
[#11]
beautful family OP. enjoy. It will go faster then you think.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 1:33:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I had to buy a new couch when that happened... Need those clear vinyl slip covers.. Good luck, OP.

My wife had a 48 hour labor with the first kid. When we divorced, she included in the reasons that I "stood there snarfing Peanut M&M's while she was eating ice chips". Oh, and she gave me shit for sleeping on the couch in her room while in labor with the second one. Hey, I'm not the one that got pregnant! (In before the female Arfcom contingent carpet bombs me with feces...)

Lesson: Wimmenz take this delivery shit serious, OP!

TC
View Quote

Ha!!! Not labor, he was there with me for that, and very considerate. But when I had a gall bladder attack, my liver went upside down and they admitted me. I was on clear liquids, for three days before surgery.

He sat in my hospital room snarfing McDonalds. I must have forgiven him at some point, it's 14 years later and he's snoring in my ear right now. :)

Congrats OP! Don't worry about sleep. You'll get that again someday. But, sex. Well, sex has now turned into "quickies" and sorry to say, undisturbed quickies are a myth. Hubby calls our son CB because he cock blocks more than you can imagine. He's nine, and we hear "mom, mom, the doors locked! Mom, mom, mom..." All my husband has to do is think about getting hard and the boy child comes around the corner, Mom!!!

The 17 yr old just spins around and huffs back to her room.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 1:37:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Congrats OP, now the real fun starts. Mom's going to be out of commission for a few days so you need to take over everything, (other than breast feeding if your wife is doing that.) Let her sleep, now it's time for Mr. Mom and a great time for you to bond with your daughter.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 1:37:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Congratulations, OP!  I did it the easy way: I stayed single till 58, then married a woman with a teenager.

Here's hoping all goes well!

Link Posted: 5/23/2015 1:38:12 AM EDT
[#15]
Bravo.  Congrats.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 3:12:32 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Ha!!! Not labor, he was there with me for that, and very considerate. But when I had a gall bladder attack, my liver went upside down and they admitted me. I was on clear liquids, for three days before surgery.

He sat in my hospital room snarfing McDonalds. I must have forgiven him at some point, it's 14 years later and he's snoring in my ear right now. :)

Congrats OP! Don't worry about sleep. You'll get that again someday. But, sex. Well, sex has now turned into "quickies" and sorry to say, undisturbed quickies are a myth. Hubby calls our son CB because he cock blocks more than you can imagine. He's nine, and we hear "mom, mom, the doors locked! Mom, mom, mom..." All my husband has to do is think about getting hard and the boy child comes around the corner, Mom!!!

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I had to buy a new couch when that happened... Need those clear vinyl slip covers.. Good luck, OP.

My wife had a 48 hour labor with the first kid. When we divorced, she included in the reasons that I "stood there snarfing Peanut M&M's while she was eating ice chips". Oh, and she gave me shit for sleeping on the couch in her room while in labor with the second one. Hey, I'm not the one that got pregnant! (In before the female Arfcom contingent carpet bombs me with feces...)

Lesson: Wimmenz take this delivery shit serious, OP!

TC

Just leave the door unlocked.. gross em out enough and you'll get privacy.

Link Posted: 5/23/2015 3:18:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Congrats
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 3:42:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Congratulations!
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 3:58:12 AM EDT
[#19]
Congrats, OP.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 4:01:38 AM EDT
[#20]
Congrats
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 4:30:28 AM EDT
[#21]

Wishing all the luck and happiness in the world to you guys and that cute little baby.

Take care of your girls, mister. That's job #1 for you now.

Link Posted: 5/23/2015 4:35:22 AM EDT
[#22]
Congratulations!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 5:08:02 AM EDT
[#23]
God bless and good job OP.   I think she looks just like you minus the blue hair cap and paper mask lol
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 2:43:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Well hit a speed bump last night. They had to take Abigail to the nicu last night. My wife had gestational diabetes and they said Abigail was having trouble regulating her blood sugar. She's on an iv for dextrose? to help get her blood sugar up. So far its been better and they are weaning her off the dextrose slowly. They expect her to be out odf the nicu tomorrow. At least we still get to go back to be with her and hold her.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 2:44:37 PM EDT
[#25]
So tiny!

Enjoy
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 2:46:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 2:55:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Congrats.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 9:31:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Congrats.

She looks as cute as a baby penguin.

Oops.

Sorry.

I mean. Uhh??

Not saying the Father is actually Aimless.

Maybe a distant relative.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 9:32:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Congratulations OP, you have a beautiful family.  
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 9:32:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 9:32:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 9:34:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Beautiful baby there op. Grats to you and mom.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 9:34:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Congratulations. Last night was the best night of sleep you're getting for the next fifteen years or so!
View Quote

Yup.  Congrats OP.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 9:36:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 9:36:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Congratulations!  
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 10:46:10 AM EDT
[#36]
New update! Abigail is off of iv fluids! There going to keep her in the nicu for monitoring, but will probably be able to stay with us in the room this evening!
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 10:57:10 AM EDT
[#37]
Congrats, and get your wife up and moving when the doc says it is OK. The sooner she does that after a c-section, the faster her recovery.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 10:59:00 AM EDT
[#38]
It's bundle of joy time.!!

Congratulations.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 11:00:49 PM EDT
[#39]
More good news. Abigail's blood sugar has been great all day. They aren't checking it anymore so the problem is resolved. She gets to come out of nicu and stay with us tomorrow if everything stays smooth tonight.

Thanks again for all the warm wishes everybody.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top